Author Topic: The Division  (Read 39725 times)

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
Re: The Division
« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2016, 02:54:24 pm »
Open beta on Xbox One available until the 22nd.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: February 19, 2016, 03:42:01 pm »
had about 3 hours and got tired of playing it, it's a bit dull. not had much time in the darkzone, not sure what to do in there yet. be back on it later
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #122 on: February 19, 2016, 03:54:34 pm »
Will hopefully give this a try later on PC...

Edit: Played a bit and will probably get it, when it's a bit cheaper. Don't think I'll enjoy it long enough to pay full price for it...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 07:32:44 pm by stoa »

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2016, 12:08:59 am »
played 5 hours on this on PC

pre-ordered it, i really enjoyed it, fuck me the dark zone is tense when you've got loot on you
STFU and agree with me.

Online rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2016, 08:30:09 am »
Only played it for 45 minutes on PS4, loved it. Not done anything aside from the Subway mission and some inventory management.

Made a Community, would appreciate it if any of you guys would join to make co-op a bit smoother to arrange. Search for The_Hitcher89, and in my Communities tab there is one called DivisionSlaent (Slaent is another forum I'm a member of)

Can't wait for the full game, gonna jump back in in 15 minutes or so.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2016, 08:31:25 am »
It's not bad. Bit destiny ish with the loot and whole beta setup

Currently level 7 but gonna get to 8 and then try the dark zone

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2016, 02:57:55 pm »
Enjoyed it more today, playing it solo I could concentrate on what to do. respawning a fair distance away from where you last died is annoying
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 03:00:07 pm by Rattleduser »

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2016, 05:25:23 pm »
Aside from the dark zone having harder enemies and better loot, is that it? I don't see much team work going on. Infact I'm pretty sure some "friendlies" Were shooting me.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2016, 10:59:06 pm »
it's alright, i completed all the missions and did some DarkZone stuff... Darkzone seems a bit off to me in all honesty and is gameplay that whilst i can understand what they are trying to achieve with their tense surrounding of grabbing loot and then the 90 second wait for the helicopter to come on in and you can extract your stuff... i feel it's missing something.

I still think it's a game that initially is going to be real fun to play, but unless they add something to it on a consistent basis then it's going to die real quickly, or that initial influx of players joining will soon go back to the likes of Destiny/Fifa/whatever else...

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2016, 11:44:06 pm »
i'm of a similar opinion, it's a great game but i think the endgame content will make or break it
STFU and agree with me.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: February 21, 2016, 08:49:12 am »
It IS only the beta guys. I can appreciate the concern but they aren't gonna reveal all the best parts in a beta, it's a tester for server problems and general reception of game mechanics etc.

There are only two missions to play and a few side missions outside of the darkzone. It's also meant to be a desolate place, but truth be told we don't really have much of an idea as to what we can expect end game wise. Maybe not raids but mega hard 4 man missions would be the ultimate playable challenge I suppose.

I have had a fair bit of fun in the darkzone with friends but when u r by urself damn u get well paranoid of other players hanging around extraction points.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2016, 10:58:43 am »
It IS only the beta guys. I can appreciate the concern but they aren't gonna reveal all the best parts in a beta, it's a tester for server problems and general reception of game mechanics etc.

There are only two missions to play and a few side missions outside of the darkzone. It's also meant to be a desolate place, but truth be told we don't really have much of an idea as to what we can expect end game wise. Maybe not raids but mega hard 4 man missions would be the ultimate playable challenge I suppose.

I have had a fair bit of fun in the darkzone with friends but when u r by urself damn u get well paranoid of other players hanging around extraction points.

oh totally understand that with the Beta they aren't going to release everything, but you can get a vibe of things through playing through the Beta. The game isn't going to have an endless supply of missions for people to do, because quite frankly no game does... The three wings idea is actually clever but unless there is a plan to expand it or they reduce the points given by doing encounters/side missions/main missions, then hmm who knows. If they plan to add different wings that leads to different skills then that could work.

The one good point that i think needs mentioning is joining other groups for missions is very easy and it's great to see, compared with Destiny whereby they didn't think of any form of match making for missions, so that's good. Did the subway morgue with others yesterday evening, and it was actually really good fun so definitely a big plus.

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2016, 11:48:12 am »
I've been quite 'meh' about the hype for this and went into the Beta with my expectations set low.  The end result was me coming away thinking 'I have to buy this game'.  I know many have concerns over end game content, especially seeing as it's Ubisoft, but they've spent a lot of time and effort on this it seems so they deserve a chance.  The world felt enormous, even if we could only access a small part of it, the visuals were fantastic too.  I was really impressed by the customisation on offer as well, and also the potential for levelling and unlocking things, whether it be your character or your base.  Most importantly, the gameplay felt good.  Often I find myself raging about blocky and clunky actions with a Ubisoft game, but this felt tight and quite smooth for the most part.

Fingers crossed, this looks great.
Believe.

XBL:  Steevvvoo

PSN:  Steevvvoo

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2016, 02:32:14 pm »
Mixed feelings on the Beta.

Pro's:
- Atmospheric NY location, fighting my way through Madison Square Garden was a highlight.
- The Dark Zone; death around every corner, I like the risk/reward dynamic.
- Decent control system, actually enjoyable to play a 3rd person game with a mouse/keyboard.
- RPG elements, looting, hunting for gear, changing appearance etc.

Con's:
- Even on Ultra settings the graphics disappoint. Some seriously ugly textures. Developers need to learn to under-promise and over-deliver.
- 3 waves of enemies, save point, 3 waves of enemies, save point, 3 waves of enemies, save point, loot. Repeat.
- Limited dialogue.
- I didn't feel encouraged to co-op, this element of the game seems to be downplayed since the original trailers.

Overall I'm going to wait until I hear more about the scope and variety on offer. Not a pre-order for me.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2016, 02:52:10 pm »
- 3 waves of enemies, save point, 3 waves of enemies, save point, 3 waves of enemies, save point, loot. Repeat.
- I didn't feel encouraged to co-op, this element of the game seems to be downplayed since the original trailers.

Overall I'm going to wait until I hear more about the scope and variety on offer. Not a pre-order for me.

Yeah, the gameplay seems to be a bit samey at least in the beta. Even the encounters and side-missions seem to be very similar to each other. The co-op also seems to have taken a massive step into the background from the first presentation. I remember hearing about it for the first time and thinking that it won't be for me as it seems to be multiplayer-focused...

All in all, I liked the beta, but won't be getting it right away...

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2016, 03:37:40 pm »
I agree with most of what TotalBiscuit has to say, especially on the clash between the real world setting and RPG combat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdNv1alwCSc

Boring loot is definitely an issue as well. I don't see why they can't start you off as a survivor with a pistol and a few bullets. Getting your first assault rifle or body armour should be a big deal. This would solve the combat problem as well, it's easier to suspend disbelief if enemies are soaking up bullets from a rusty revolver rather than an M4.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2016, 08:53:33 pm »
I haven't played it myself but I've got to agree with him on the bullet sponge point. Watching the trailers and gameplay videos, and seeing human enemies getting shot in the face multiple times and not dying, just seemed ridiculous.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2016, 09:21:20 pm »
I haven't played it myself but I've got to agree with him on the bullet sponge point. Watching the trailers and gameplay videos, and seeing human enemies getting shot in the face multiple times and not dying, just seemed ridiculous.

Really put me off I was pinging head shots and they were just bouncing off, stupid. I couldnt judge how much ammo to use as I was either over or under fireing. Im giving this one a miss I think.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2016, 10:02:52 pm »
felt fine to me, though i play a lot of RPG games so i'm used to number flying out of things
STFU and agree with me.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2016, 04:49:11 am »
Really put me off I was pinging head shots and they were just bouncing off, stupid. I couldnt judge how much ammo to use as I was either over or under fireing. Im giving this one a miss I think.
With weapons that can be upgraded and improved upon some enemies have to be bullet sponges to some extent else a headshot with the 1st gun you get is an insta kill, then whats the point in upgrading or buying/finding better weapons. Maybe a bog standard FPS is more for you.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2016, 09:02:38 am »
With the headshot thing... i picked up a classic M1 rifle, and depending on the enemy, headshots from this weapon would be 1 shot kills... some higher level enemies needed about 4 or 5 headshots but they eventually went down.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2016, 09:51:34 pm »
It'll work exactly the same way as Destiny, once you level up and get better weapons you'll go back to previous lower level areas and you'll blast through the enemies.

I appreciate it for what it is, they've done a decent job, but I doubt I'll buy it.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2016, 10:21:22 pm »
I'll gamble and get it

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #143 on: February 24, 2016, 12:27:24 pm »
I enjoyed the beta, but only played 2 or so hours single player.

I think it can be enjoyed solo, but obviously there will be far more to enjoy in a team.

Might be worth a purchase finish the 'story' content and then trade in whilst the price is still retentively high.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2016, 11:56:08 pm »
I never played the open beta, i want to go in fresh from the closed beta when the full game comes out but i'm in full hype mode for it now!

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: February 25, 2016, 12:28:24 pm »
was no reason not to have a peek through the weekend's beta. some elements of the game, like crafting, were not available to try so it felt like a huge assed demo.

that said, what a great game! not really comparable to any Clancy game before it and for some that might be a great thing. Its certainly arcade at its heart but goes a bit deeper as full game experience.

graphics and audio are all top drawer and the server, bar some maintenance, remained steady and reliable, considering the free layers loading up. wasn't as sure about the 'dark zone' which seemed restrictive and aimless. kill enemies and tie the loot to helicopters at certains points on the map. really as basic as that. story mode was fun to play, while it lasted.

day one purchase for me.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Mikeebee

• Legacy Fan
  • You've won a Blankety Blank Cheque Book & Pen
« Reply #146 on: March 1, 2016, 07:35:02 am »
Looking forward to this, played the closed and open beta. I think the map is going to be huge, going to spend a couple of sightseeing. Apparently you don't start at Hudson in the full version so that's going to be interesting.  The crafting side of things is going to be interesting.

I think that with the size of the map just building up/repairing your wings is going to take a good while.  Not sure about the DLC side of things but certainly looks like it's going to take a lot of my time up :)
JFT 96 YNWA
@mikeebee7

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: March 1, 2016, 08:22:27 am »
I think the issue will be the loot system and bosses, I just dont get that sense of reward, course you can only go off the beta but compared to the destiny beta I didn't get that same sense of reward and such
« Last Edit: March 1, 2016, 08:26:44 am by Upinsmoke »

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #148 on: March 2, 2016, 05:02:52 pm »
Pre-ordered this yesterday.
Believe.

XBL:  Steevvvoo

PSN:  Steevvvoo

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: March 3, 2016, 11:30:31 am »
Payment got taken for my pre-order yesterday, gets posted today then i could have it Monday.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: March 3, 2016, 12:07:01 pm »
Payment got taken for my pre-order yesterday, gets posted today then i could have it Monday.

Hoping for the same, payment taken from shopto yesterday.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: March 3, 2016, 09:35:36 pm »
I'm preordering this tomorrow. Looks like there is a lot in the first year season pass too. :)

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #152 on: March 4, 2016, 08:42:19 am »
Pre ordered from shopto also hopefully gets shipped today can't wait for this !

dispatched now woo
« Last Edit: March 4, 2016, 09:58:48 am by scouser4eva »

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #153 on: March 4, 2016, 10:13:55 am »
I'm preordering this tomorrow. Looks like there is a lot in the first year season pass too. :)

I went for the season pass myself, hard to pass up at £34 from the argentina store :D

I havent played the beta, it seems to have mixed reviews.  I'm hoping its a decent game, it will certainly be a change from playing destiny all the time!

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #154 on: March 4, 2016, 10:28:53 am »
Got this on XBONE and have Thursday 10th off work to play it if anyone wants to join at any point

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #155 on: March 5, 2016, 11:10:10 am »
Mine just arrived from Shopto, wasn't expecting it as I hadn't received an email to say it had been sent yet  :o
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #156 on: March 5, 2016, 11:13:44 am »
Mine just arrived from Shopto, wasn't expecting it as I hadn't received an email to say it had been sent yet  :o
Class!!!

Let us know how it is!

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #157 on: March 5, 2016, 01:15:06 pm »

Mine has as well servers arnt up till Monday tho :(

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: March 5, 2016, 06:20:25 pm »
Mine got despatched today so hoping for monday!

Online rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #159 on: March 5, 2016, 06:27:46 pm »
Mine got despatched today so hoping for monday!
Servers won't be up til midnight going into Tuesday afaik

Not entirely sure why its always online to be honest, seems like you could easily get a lot out of it playing on your own. The Dark Zone would be unbalanced I guess, could easily just make that area always online though.