Author Topic: Playstation 5 (2020)  (Read 146419 times)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: Playstation 5 (2020)
« Reply #520 on: September 16, 2020, 10:11:27 pm »
Semi interested in the digital but not before a pc upgrade

Just don't like god of war, yes I have the new one, not for me...

Meh I guess. Will probably get one in a year becsuse

1) want a slim one in black
2) actual games will be out then

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #521 on: September 16, 2020, 10:14:55 pm »
That was so damn good

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #522 on: September 16, 2020, 10:20:58 pm »
€399 for the digital version is amazing, thank you Microsoft!

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #523 on: September 16, 2020, 10:24:40 pm »
Not getting the hype... Shrug. I need games.

Not arsed by that Ps Plus collection. I've either had all those on the PS4 or have no interest.

Guess I'm out this thread for awhile, don't wanna troll it, but the lack of games is baffling.. reheated PS4 classics.

I'll pick one up maybe in a year

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #524 on: September 16, 2020, 10:26:55 pm »
Alright, alright, take my money.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #525 on: September 16, 2020, 10:28:34 pm »
I’ll be sticking with the disc version but I imagine the digital one will absolutely fly off the shelves.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: September 16, 2020, 10:41:57 pm »
Gamestop in Ireland has supposedly run out of pre orders for the disk version

nvm, both are maxed - https://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearch?rootGenre=27&platform=39
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 10:44:16 pm by Sir Psycho Sexy »
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: September 16, 2020, 10:42:16 pm »
I'm ready.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: September 16, 2020, 10:45:54 pm »
I like to feel what I felt watching that FFXVI trailer. A innocent kind of hype, that reminds me of back when me and my older brother were 8 an 12 years old, and we knew FFX was coming for the PS2. Can't put it into more words but really, what a pleasant uncynical feeling.

• Kopite
« Reply #529 on: September 16, 2020, 10:48:57 pm »
I like to feel what I felt watching that FFXVI trailer. A innocent kind of hype, that reminds me of back when me and my older brother were 8 an 12 years old, and we knew FFX was coming for the PS2. Can't put it into more words but really, what a pleasant uncynical feeling.
FFVII is the only one that I truly loved.  This one, whatever the vibe seems to be - I get it.  I'm in.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: September 16, 2020, 10:59:05 pm »
Demon’s Souls
Miles Morales
Destruction All stars
Sackboy adventure
Astros playroom

Is the launch line up, with Miles, Horizon and Sackboy also coming to PS4 as downgraded versions of the PS5 games.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: September 16, 2020, 11:00:11 pm »
FFVII is the only one that I truly loved.  This one, whatever the vibe seems to be - I get it.  I'm in.

Shame it’s going to be a fair while off. Was confirmed by Square on one of the blog posts.

• Kopite
« Reply #532 on: September 16, 2020, 11:00:50 pm »
Shame it’s going to be a fair while off. Was confirmed by Square on one of the blog posts.
Aye I assumed so, that's why it was running on a PC and everything else was on the PS5

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: September 17, 2020, 06:48:41 am »
Everything about the PS5 screams meh, less powerful system, godawful to look at and the games so far are mediocre.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #534 on: September 17, 2020, 07:00:22 am »

Exactly how I felt but this gave me more FF IX vibes for some reason, but yeah so looking forward to it, caught me by surprise.

I think the PS Plus Collection was a nice move too, a compilation of solid PS4 games for free on launch, nice.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #535 on: September 17, 2020, 07:21:23 am »
Everything about the PS5 screams meh, less powerful system, godawful to look at and the games so far are mediocre.
:o

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: September 17, 2020, 07:24:05 am »
My immediate thought when both new gen consoles were revealed was that I'd have to get the PS5 regardless of anything because something the shape of the xbox would never fit in the room. How wrong I was to think the PS5 would. Neither can be bought without completely changing my set up. So that's my launch purchase shelved. Until I figure out how to accommodate bigger ones.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #537 on: September 17, 2020, 07:34:07 am »
Went to bed an hour or so after the reveal because there was no word about pre-orders and I had to be up early for work... sold out in Game and Smyths in the middle of the night. Oh, and no emails to say they were going live. Plenty on eBay going for more than RRP ::)

I am fuming lads. Amazon is going to be a shitshow later.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: September 17, 2020, 07:39:16 am »

Yeah and the new Xbox is miles better than it  ::). I haven’t seen one good Xbox game been shown so far, it’s design is basically a pc tower and it’s more powerful but it’s not quicker.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #539 on: September 17, 2020, 08:15:47 am »
The two systems are similar on paper but a lot depends on:
Can the XBX utilise all of its RDNA cores?
Can the PS5 sustain RDNA boost clocks?

The XBX should come out ahead.

The XBX CPU is better either way you swing it too.

No way to know until we see some multi-platform titles under the microscrope but it's not out of the question to say XBX > PS5 performance wise.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 08:18:22 am by Kashinoda »
:D

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: September 17, 2020, 08:17:00 am »
Game are c*nts. 8am they said but released them at midnight. Wankers.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: September 17, 2020, 08:31:17 am »

Amazon 9am I read earlier
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #542 on: September 17, 2020, 08:38:57 am »
None of the Xbox exclusives are appealing.

Bought the PS4 early in 2018 and had a great time going through the library for cheap! Probably going to pick this up when they launch another model of the PS5. The likes of God of War, Spider-man and Horizon are enough reason to choose this over Xbox for me.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #543 on: September 17, 2020, 08:55:16 am »

In store pre-orders from 8am (no good for those of us who work) but yeah they dropped the online pre-orders without so much as an email. c*nts.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #544 on: September 17, 2020, 09:03:25 am »
Amazon immediately down.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #545 on: September 17, 2020, 09:09:24 am »
Amazon immediately down.

Never mind, got one ;D

• Kopite
« Reply #546 on: September 17, 2020, 09:15:37 am »
Went to bed an hour or so after the reveal because there was no word about pre-orders and I had to be up early for work... sold out in Game and Smyths in the middle of the night. Oh, and no emails to say they were going live. Plenty on eBay going for more than RRP ::)

I am fuming lads. Amazon is going to be a shitshow later.
I got a Game email at 12.25 but didn't get the notification.  Saw it at like 12.50.  I seem to have managed a pre-order.  I couldn't (still can't!) sign into my account as the site is fooked, but I tried checking out as a guest and I have an order confirmation email.  Madness.

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #547 on: September 17, 2020, 09:23:20 am »
I preordered on Very this morning. Had to pay full whack today but it’s an Xmas present for my 2 boys so at least it’s all sorted now.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: September 17, 2020, 09:25:57 am »
Deffo choosing the digital edition, PS4 I probably had 80% of my games downloaded.

That's an absolute sweet spot of pricing on the digital, brilliant by Sony.

Xbox left in the dust again and next gen hasn't officially started, by the time their exclusive game Halo is out, PS5 will have had their 4th exclusive out.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #549 on: September 17, 2020, 09:50:34 am »
Never mind, got one ;D

They haven't taken any money out yet, will they take it out closer to the time or is it just delayed because it's busy? Not done a console pre-order before.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #550 on: September 17, 2020, 10:04:52 am »
They haven't taken any money out yet, will they take it out closer to the time or is it just delayed because it's busy? Not done a console pre-order before.

Bought an Xbox one x from Amazon last week. They don't take money until it's ready to be dispatched

• Kopite
« Reply #551 on: September 17, 2020, 10:05:14 am »
Not sure about Amazon but most places take money for pre-orders a few days before dispatch.

I'd rather Game took mine last night so I know for sure I'm sorted ffs

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #552 on: September 17, 2020, 10:07:51 am »
Amazon and shopto are the only places I would really trust to deliver on release. Cannot be arsed dealing with in shop pick up from the likes of Game.

I've never bought a console on release. Always wait for the deals. Also 1st release consoles usually get struck down with issues.

But this is the 1st time I'm tempted. I think if we go into local lockdown in Liverpool and I'm stuck working from home for the rest of the year then it might be time to upgrade.

Might have to look at the TV first as it's about 2 years old and the HDR is a bit crap

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #553 on: September 17, 2020, 10:26:27 am »
Not sure about Amazon but most places take money for pre-orders a few days before dispatch.

I'd rather Game took mine last night so I know for sure I'm sorted ffs

Sound yeah, I've had a look and that seems to be the consensus with Amazon. Just glad I'm sorted, wanted a second controller but that can wait until closer to the time.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #554 on: September 17, 2020, 10:33:12 am »
Controllers are in stock on Amazon if you want another one

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: September 17, 2020, 10:38:40 am »
Managed to get one with Amazon just after 9. Also had one pre-ordered with shopto back in May but not sure what their availability is like currently. They were taking pre orders for pre orders.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #556 on: September 17, 2020, 11:11:44 am »
Think I'll pick one up in a few months / year.   Tempted by the digital version because I've begun to enjoy switching between games without having to get up and change the disc every time (lazy bastard  ;D) - but I'm worried that the prices for digital games won't go on sale as often as they do now.  And £70 seems like it will be the norm for new games now  :(

Offline Stand Free

• Anny Roader
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #557 on: September 17, 2020, 12:28:23 pm »
Managed to get one with Amazon just after 9. Also had one pre-ordered with shopto back in May but not sure what their availability is like currently. They were taking pre orders for pre orders.

I'm the exact same, preordered through Amazon to be safe and can cancel one if Shopto still pull through.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: September 17, 2020, 12:58:05 pm »
The two systems are similar on paper but a lot depends on:
Can the XBX utilise all of its RDNA cores?
Can the PS5 sustain RDNA boost clocks?

The XBX should come out ahead.

The XBX CPU is better either way you swing it too.

No way to know until we see some multi-platform titles under the microscrope but it's not out of the question to say XBX > PS5 performance wise.

The XBSX will come out ahead but only marginally. For a 1.7 TF swing you have the double speed of the SSD. I think the biggest thing here is the digital edition is only priced 110 pound more then the series S and it's pretty much twice the machine, conversely it's 90 pound less then the series X minus a disc drive, other then that it's the same as the 449 PS5. These consoles are so much better than the ones launched 7 years ago though. Can't go too wrong which way you go.

Surprisingly no wifi6 in the new Xbox consoles.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: September 17, 2020, 01:29:39 pm »

I signed up to email alerts but they went into the promotions folder so didn't get a notification. Fuck sake.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke