Author Topic: Playstation 5 (2020)  (Read 147340 times)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: Playstation 5 (2020)
« Reply #320 on: June 12, 2020, 12:04:15 pm »
Yeah everyone is running with the same thing from the telegraph but nowhere is he quoted as saying it's a remaster. He says expansion and enhancement. Watching the trailer it doesn't indicate it's Miles story on top of the Spiderman game we got on PS4. It looks like a smaller standalone game using the assets from Spiderman. I'd be really surprised if it's Spiderman plus Miles story because a lot of people already own Spiderman on PS4 so why would they want to buy it again just for some extra content...

He doesn't use the word remaster but his exact words were:

"I guess you could call it an expansion and an enhancement to the previous game. There’s a substantial Miles Morales component – which is the expansion element – but also within the game as well there’s been major enhancements to the game and the game engine, obviously deploying some of the major PlayStation 5 technology and features."

I just see Remaster as improving the quality of something (in gaming. In music it's something very specific). I don't think it's wrong to call it a remaster as he says there's "enhancements to the game and engine".

You said "A remaster would be the Spiderman game on PS4 where you play as Peter Parker." and it looks like you do (admittedly it's not in black and white but I think that's why he calls the Miles stuff "a component"). But whatevs. We need more info. There's no strict definition of "remaster" for gaming, but aye, it's buffing up the original content

Cause I'm not getting it if I get a PS5 and the Miles stuff is like, a 4 hour mission pack with extra bells n whistles...

They should have made this clear on the feed last night to be honest. And half of those "PS5 footage" things were cutscenes!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 12:06:56 pm by ToneLa »

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #321 on: June 12, 2020, 12:23:18 pm »
I'm the opposite although seem to be in the minority. I like having the cases but mainly like being able to borrow/lend with mates and resell if unlikely to play again.

Yeah I'm this too, I buy discs and will only get a game on the PSN Store if its on sale/DLC or a PS+ thing.

There's tons of games I'd love to replay on the PS5 for one reason or the other. I never even started Horizon ZD's expansion, one of my favourite games ever is Persona 5 which has a million loading screens that will be gone on the PS5, and then I never finished Infamous Second Son ;D Having the backwards compatibility of being able to use my PS4 discs in the PS5 is amazing.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 12:29:26 pm by OsirisMVZ »

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: June 12, 2020, 12:25:33 pm »
I thought the cat game looked lovely and would love to play it, but won't be getting one of these for a while.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #323 on: June 12, 2020, 12:45:53 pm »
The only console I’ve ever bought at launch was the PS2 and I quite soon regretted paying over the odds for relatively mediocre games when at the time my N64 still had so much to offer.

After that I’ve waited at least a year for the console to build up a decent back catalogue. I didn’t get a PS3 until 2010 as I just loved my PS2, but when I did finally upgrade I had all the Bioshocks, Arkham, Assassins Creed, Metal Gear Solid 4, GTA IV etc to catch up on and most were fairly cheap, it was ace

I won’t wait that long with this but probably aim for late 2021

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #324 on: June 12, 2020, 12:47:40 pm »
Can you only buy digital versions of games directly from the PS Store? I'm fine buying a digital version a few months after launch when it reduces, but it's so expensive for new games that it puts me off going digital-only. Plus the inability to trade in or share games with mates.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: June 12, 2020, 12:51:14 pm »
After that I’ve waited at least a year for the console to build up a decent back catalogue. I didn’t get a PS3 until 2010 as I just loved my PS2, but when I did finally upgrade I had all the Bioshocks, Arkham, Assassins Creed, Metal Gear Solid 4, GTA IV etc to catch up on and most were fairly cheap, it was ace

This is a solid tactic IMO. I did the same PS3/360 era, got both fairly late and was blown away. And had two or three times the amount of game sI'd have been able to afford otherwise.

I'll be looking late 2021 too, maybe even later.

Pretty happy with the Switch (controllers aside) and PS4 combo. got loads of PS4 games I haven't got through.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: June 12, 2020, 12:55:38 pm »
Can you only buy digital versions of games directly from the PS Store? I'm fine buying a digital version a few months after launch when it reduces, but it's so expensive for new games that it puts me off going digital-only. Plus the inability to trade in or share games with mates.

Yes sadly but I use Cdkeys.com to buy, say, £35 credit for their lower price of £31

You save a little that way. Like, you can buy a £50 PSN card for £40. https://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: June 12, 2020, 12:57:27 pm »
Yes sadly but I use Cdkeys.com to buy, say, £35 credit for their lower price of £31

You save a little that way. Like, you can buy a £50 PSN card for £40. https://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn

Ah I see, nice one. You'd imagine the big retailers will be putting pressure on Sony to allow them to sell digital versions of the games, at the kinds of prices they'd normally sell new releases - especially now there's a digital-only console coming out.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: June 12, 2020, 02:16:16 pm »
No Knack 3?

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #329 on: June 12, 2020, 03:08:13 pm »
Lots of cool looking games, looks like Horizon 2 will be the system seller for me.

Must be the tackiest looking console Sony have ever made though - 'a humidifier designed by alienware' was the most accurate description I read.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: June 12, 2020, 03:45:19 pm »
Lots of cool looking games, looks like Horizon 2 will be the system seller for me.

Must be the tackiest looking console Sony have ever made though - 'a humidifier designed by alienware' was the most accurate description I read.

I coined the phrase "Alienware sandwich" last night  :D

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: June 12, 2020, 04:02:24 pm »
Apologies for the tone of my reply, stressful morning

Phil Spencer has come out and said MS are very flexible with price so unless they've changed the tune and reporters have got a different story I'll stick to what the head of Xbox has said. They saw what a £100 difference due to a forced kinect did at the last launch so they won't be stupid enough to launch at a higher price again. They make money from subscriptions so selling the console at a loss is nothing to them as long as they get people into the ecosystem

Either way neither console is above £499, digital may go £449 but I do think Xbox will match that with whatever they bring out

No worries mate, apologies for the tit remark :thumbup

Seems that the price is looking around the £450-£600 mark either way, can’t see either console being any cheaper or anymore expensive that that.

Seen a few say that Xbox are showing more games in July and Sony also have another event penned in somewhere before release, whether it’s true or not, it’ll be interesting to see the games on offer.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: June 12, 2020, 04:08:23 pm »
No worries mate, apologies for the tit remark :thumbup

Seems that the price is looking around the £450-£600 mark either way, can’t see either console being any cheaper or anymore expensive that that.

Seen a few say that Xbox are showing more games in July and Sony also have another event penned in somewhere before release, whether it’s true or not, it’ll be interesting to see the games on offer.

Sony have another event in August apparently. Can imagine the likes of FIFA, COD, ASS CREED to be shown then.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: June 12, 2020, 04:32:56 pm »
I thought the cat game looked lovely and would love to play it, but won't be getting one of these for a while.
Which game was that? A game about cats, I'm in!

Hate the way the console looks, the lack of symmetry annoys me. Not too fussed anyway, I'll most likely be getting the Xbox Fridge.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: June 12, 2020, 05:03:59 pm »
Which game was that? A game about cats, I'm in!

Hate the way the console looks, the lack of symmetry annoys me. Not too fussed anyway, I'll most likely be getting the Xbox Fridge.

Called Stray.

Was shown off a few years ago as a tech demo, under a different name.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: June 12, 2020, 05:32:07 pm »
He doesn't use the word remaster but his exact words were:

"I guess you could call it an expansion and an enhancement to the previous game. There’s a substantial Miles Morales component – which is the expansion element – but also within the game as well there’s been major enhancements to the game and the game engine, obviously deploying some of the major PlayStation 5 technology and features."

I just see Remaster as improving the quality of something (in gaming. In music it's something very specific). I don't think it's wrong to call it a remaster as he says there's "enhancements to the game and engine".

You said "A remaster would be the Spiderman game on PS4 where you play as Peter Parker." and it looks like you do (admittedly it's not in black and white but I think that's why he calls the Miles stuff "a component"). But whatevs. We need more info. There's no strict definition of "remaster" for gaming, but aye, it's buffing up the original content

Cause I'm not getting it if I get a PS5 and the Miles stuff is like, a 4 hour mission pack with extra bells n whistles...

They should have made this clear on the feed last night to be honest. And half of those "PS5 footage" things were cutscenes!

Sounds like it is standalone.

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1271468232881422336?s=19

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: June 12, 2020, 05:38:13 pm »
Sounds like it is standalone.

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1271468232881422336?s=19

It’ll be in the same vein of Dying light and Second Son.

A smaller spin off from the main game.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #337 on: June 12, 2020, 08:11:32 pm »
At least the disc version will be a 4k player. Still can't believe the PS4 Pro doesn't have a 4k player but the Xbox One S does
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: June 13, 2020, 09:56:42 am »
I’m surprised by the replies to my digital only comment. I had no idea that so many still use physical copies. Renting games? Those shops closed down in the early 2010s, I thought.

Won’t be getting it at launch. TLOU 2 and Cyberpunk will keep me occupied for a year or so

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: June 13, 2020, 12:18:36 pm »
I’m surprised by the replies to my digital only comment. I had no idea that so many still use physical copies. Renting games? Those shops closed down in the early 2010s, I thought.

Won’t be getting it at launch. TLOU 2 and Cyberpunk will keep me occupied for a year or so

Cyberpunks getting a free upgrade on PS5 if you have the PS4 version apparently.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: June 13, 2020, 01:29:45 pm »
Don’t think I’ve ever bought a console at launch before. Maybe the PS2 about a week or two in, but in truth it’s mostly down to lack of funds. Probably will go for a pre-order on this.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: June 13, 2020, 01:35:57 pm »

The below article says that it was only in 2019 that sales of games on the PS Store overtook sales of physical copies. So clearly, it remains a huge market for millions of people. For me, it’s a cost thing - why would I pay £55-60 for a new game on the PS Store which I can get for £40-45 from somewhere like Amazon? If they can bring the cost of digital versions down to that level then I’d strongly consider a digital only version. My concern with a digital only version is that Sony can basically lock you into their ecosystem and the only way to buy a game is through their own store.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pocket-lint.com/games/news/playstation/148825-sony-ps4-digital-sales.amphtml

Online WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: June 13, 2020, 07:45:50 pm »
Many might not have the internet available to download the games either, if they arent unlimited. Will probably get the digital ps5

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: June 13, 2020, 08:05:44 pm »
I would much rather have the disc console. I don't really have the attention span to replay some games. I can just play the 12-15 hour campaign finish it then stick it on eBay to regain some cash.

Do you really want to spend 100's of pounds on digital games some with 0 replay value that you can't offload?

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: June 13, 2020, 08:17:07 pm »
All the points made here are valid. I’m certainly not rich, I just find it more convenient without all the discs.
Feeling old as well, reading this thread. Anyone else been around since the Atari? Was a PC gamer until I bought the PS2. Haven’t looked back since.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #345 on: June 13, 2020, 08:17:30 pm »
Even for the Ultra HD 4K blu ray player you would choose the disc version.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: June 13, 2020, 08:30:15 pm »
Anyone else been around since the Atari?

Childrens ward Whiston hospital 1978
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Online WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: June 13, 2020, 08:45:22 pm »
All the points made here are valid. I’m certainly not rich, I just find it more convenient without all the discs.
Feeling old as well, reading this thread. Anyone else been around since the Atari? Was a PC gamer until I bought the PS2. Haven’t looked back since.
comodor 64 then a sega megadrive. Had every playstation after that. Had a nintendo cube or whatever that was and the original xbox but they weren't for me

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: June 13, 2020, 08:51:14 pm »
Don’t think I’ve ever bought a console at launch before. Maybe the PS2 about a week or two in, but in truth it’s mostly down to lack of funds. Probably will go for a pre-order on this.

Same. I was 17 when the PS4 came out and I had no money. This time round, I've got cash to spend. Gonna get a 4K television too. The joy's of being single and having no kids.  ;D
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: June 13, 2020, 11:16:56 pm »
Even for the Ultra HD 4K blu ray player you would choose the disc version.
Id love to use 4K Blu-ray player but in all honesty I doubt I’d buy more than on disc considering the price of them.

I’m surprised the are saying the digital will be only 50 cheaper. I expect it to be at least 100 cheaper since a 4K Blu-ray player is more expensive than that and also Sony will potentially make more money from the digital version.

Online WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: June 14, 2020, 12:15:24 am »
Id love to use 4K Blu-ray player but in all honesty I doubt I’d buy more than on disc considering the price of them.

I’m surprised the are saying the digital will be only 50 cheaper. I expect it to be at least 100 cheaper since a 4K Blu-ray player is more expensive than that and also Sony will potentially make more money from the digital version.
i think they are making a loss generally on the hardware as they usually do. So removing the blu ray player will allow them to reduce the price as a percentage rather than its actual cost. Otherwise they take an even bigger loss

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: June 14, 2020, 01:34:58 am »
Only difference between the two is that one has the disc drive, been confirmed that there are no other differences.

So the digital only has the 825gb storage aswell.

Thought they would have atleast put a 1.6tb in if it was possible.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #352 on: June 14, 2020, 06:38:25 am »
Hope it'll be easy to connect a external HDD. With the Xbox it's super easy, just plug it into a USB 3.0 slot. Made it so much easier to transfer games from the Xbox One to the One S
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #353 on: June 14, 2020, 08:08:39 am »

The guys at Digital Foundry say a UHD drive is only about $20, so I wouldn’t expect the digital version to be £100 cheaper. 

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: June 14, 2020, 09:27:01 am »
Hope it'll be easy to connect a external HDD. With the Xbox it's super easy, just plug it into a USB 3.0 slot. Made it so much easier to transfer games from the Xbox One to the One S

That's exactly how it works on a PS4.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: June 14, 2020, 11:18:11 am »
Only difference between the two is that one has the disc drive, been confirmed that there are no other differences.

So the digital only has the 825gb storage aswell.

Thought they would have atleast put a 1.6tb in if it was possible.
825GB? That’s disappointing, I expected at least 1 TB. My copy of Modern Warfare is 200GB +

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: June 14, 2020, 11:19:47 am »
825GB? That’s disappointing, I expected at least 1 TB. My copy of Modern Warfare is 200GB +

Not confirmed it only has the 825gb, but saw a quote from Sony saying that the only difference is the disc drive.

So it’s speculation at the minute but not sounding like it has greater storage.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: June 14, 2020, 11:58:23 am »
The console looks like a fan-made concept design or an early prototype.  Not a fan at all, especially the ugly asymmetrical disc version.

As for the games, maybe I'm just getting old, but nothing really interests me.  All games these days seem to be either
- remakes of old games I never played/liked
- zombie/undead games (a culture genre that has been done to death.....literally)
- Futuristic/fantasy/RPG games
- Kids games

I obviously like a few games that fit into those categories, but I wish there were more modern setting action adventure games like the new Tomb Raiders or the Uncharted games.  Having said that, I am looking forward to the next God of War.
I feel exactly the same about Sony, they release plenty of well received exclusives, but very very few of them ever appeal to me, Detroit Become Human, I really enjoyed, Uncharted and Last of Us series, but that's it, Horizon I tried, and didn't enjoy, same goes for God of War, I have a PS4 Pro to play multiplatform games with a different set of mates to the Xbox, so exclusives were never a thing for me, therefore this event was very very underwhelming indeed, compounded by that dreadful looking hardware, I'll just get the Series X and stick with it, until a revised design or slim PS5, I k ow aesthetics don't bother some people, but they do with me, I couldn't imagine that thing sitting in my living room.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: June 14, 2020, 12:00:19 pm »
There are regular sales on both PS Store and Xbox store, and you can pick up some great bargains.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: June 14, 2020, 07:10:17 pm »
There are regular sales on both PS Store and Xbox store, and you can pick up some great bargains.

Oh I know, and I do download games from the PS Store if they’re on offer. Got Horizon Zero Dawn the other day for a tenner which is great.