Author Topic: Álisson Ramsés Becker  (Read 954394 times)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alisson Ramses Becker
« Reply #2560 on: February 1, 2019, 11:40:58 am »
How much experience do you think he's had with snow?

He's from Brazil not Columbia mate.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #2561 on: February 1, 2019, 12:19:21 pm »
He knows all the words to Informer
JFT 96

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2562 on: February 1, 2019, 12:59:54 pm »
He's from Brazil not Columbia mate.

:lmao

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2563 on: February 1, 2019, 08:20:15 pm »

One for the kids there.

;)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2564 on: February 1, 2019, 08:25:37 pm »

My love for you is like a truck, INFORMER
Would you like some making fuck, INFORMER

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #2565 on: February 1, 2019, 08:32:49 pm »

Informer
You know that Sadio Mane's gonna slay
A-licky boom-boom down
The Beckerman say Mohammed Salah's got a hat-trick on the way
A-licky boom-boom down
Better looking than Samie.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2566 on: February 1, 2019, 10:46:38 pm »

Its not him in that video...

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2567 on: February 1, 2019, 10:51:36 pm »

;D

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2568 on: February 3, 2019, 10:19:56 am »
Yes and in a way I'm surprised other teams don't do the same as it is an affective tactic if done properly. It's typical of Puel's approach that he would highlight that and get Leicester to use it directly.

We want them to press our GK though. His distribution speed, quality of pass and vision is so good he can play through the press. Either into midfield if it’s the opponent’s midfield and attack that have pushed up to press our GK and defence, or if their defence has also pushed up to keep their pitch compact, then he’s capable of getting the ball beyond them for Salah, Mane.

The pitch was horrendous the other day and that made it easier for Leicester to press in those situations, but it’s not always going to work. In fact, normally the opposite happens, and Allison’s seeding counter attacks. See Arsenal at Anfield for example.

He’s amazing for our team - one of the key pillars in it. Man City were impressive in how they shut him down at the Etihad last month - they pressed his passing lines as opposed to pressing him himself. That shut down those quick passes, but at the same time they acknowledged that pressing him on the ball wasn’t the best way to shut his distribution down as he’s so good on the ball.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #2569 on: February 3, 2019, 11:29:12 am »
My love for you is like a truck, INFORMER
Would you like some making fuck, INFORMER

Nice Clerks reference!
We are Liverpool!

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #2570 on: February 3, 2019, 12:23:42 pm »
He's the best keeper we have had in decades..
He's been phenomenal so far this season and one of the main reasons why we are top of the league..
The very best of keepers will make the odd mistake over the course or a season.. And that's all he's made, the odd mistake..

So everyone just needs to chill the fuck out and relax..  :butt
With supporters like ours who needs rivals.

Tiring at best

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2571 on: February 3, 2019, 12:42:50 pm »
He's started more moves that have led to goals this season than mistakes he's made anyway, added to the match saving saves he's made too. He's going to make the odd mistake but really who gives a fuck if he's still saving our arses more of than not?

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2572 on: February 4, 2019, 11:08:54 pm »
I rewatched the WH goal again and noticed something that has been bugging me for a while. I know that there are some goalkeeping experts here, so I'd appreciate any insight. Why doesn't Alisson try to save shots with his feet? I think that's a common theme with other games (whether a shot resulted in a goal or not). Antonio's shot was seemingly perfect for a save with a foot.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2573 on: February 4, 2019, 11:12:28 pm »
I rewatched the WH goal again and noticed something that has been bugging me for a while. I know that there are some goalkeeping experts here, so I'd appreciate any insight. Why doesn't Alisson try to save shots with his feet? I think that's a common theme with other games (whether a shot resulted in a goal or not). Antonio's shot was seemingly perfect for a save with a foot.
His legs aren’t 3 meters long?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2574 on: February 4, 2019, 11:15:00 pm »
His legs aren’t 3 meters long?
That's not the insight I was looking for, but OK.  ;)

Rewatch the game and see where the ball passed. Alisson didn't try because he had his legs firmly planted, because he doesn't use them in such situations (IMHO). If he did, he could have tried to block / deflect the shot, and I thought it's doable. 

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2575 on: February 4, 2019, 11:17:39 pm »

Rewatch the game and see where the ball passed. Alisson didn't try because he had his legs firmly planted, because he doesn't use them in such situations (IMHO). If he did, he could have tried to block / deflect the shot, and I thought it's doable. 
If his legs were 3m long, he’s.
W

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2576 on: February 4, 2019, 11:27:53 pm »
If his legs were 3m long, he’s.
We agree on that.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2577 on: February 4, 2019, 11:38:05 pm »
Didn't he save that near own goal against Leicester with his feet? Although it wasn't a shot, so maybe that doesn't count. Don't mean to have a go, but I think Tepid has a point when he says he'd have needed 3m long legs to save today's shot. At first I thought he could maybe have dived for it or done better somehow, but the shot was taken early and was perfectly placed.

Maybe he could have set himself a bit earlier, but to be honest I think it was just one of those things. Even the best keepers face shots that make them look a bit stupid sometimes. Maybe I'm being overly kind to him, but I don't think there was much he could have done with that one tonight. Should add that I'm in no way a goalkeeping expert though, so may be reading this all wrong.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2578 on: February 4, 2019, 11:40:56 pm »
It was a fantastic finish. In off the post, taken early, hit low and hard. Not a goalkeeper on this planet that’s saving that.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2579 on: February 5, 2019, 12:19:40 am »
He started leaning slightly to his left just before the shot, so by the time the ball is near his right leg, his weight is all to his left.

Would have to have reflexes of a cat to shift like that and save it.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2580 on: February 5, 2019, 12:19:48 am »
Nothing he could have done to that goal really.
Believer

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2581 on: February 5, 2019, 12:19:56 am »
It was a fantastic finish. In off the post, taken early, hit low and hard. Not a goalkeeper on this planet that’s saving that.

Nonsense.

There wasn't a great deal of pace on the shot at all and Alisson closed the angle well - why he didn't react only he could tell you, I'd assume because he had shifted to his left, but plenty of goalkeepers could save that shot including him.

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2582 on: February 5, 2019, 12:48:13 am »
Nonsense.

There wasn't a great deal of pace on the shot at all and Alisson closed the angle well - why he didn't react only he could tell you, I'd assume because he had shifted to his left, but plenty of goalkeepers could save that shot including him.
You're in a small minority calling Alisson out for their goal tonight.

Before tonight's game he'd conceded 7 goals from the last 11 shots on target that he'd faced, and tonight's another one, so it's fair to say his form has dipped.

Tonight's goal though, although he's made a slight move to his left and is rooted as the shot goes past, you can't say too much when the attacker puts a shot in off the far post from well inside the box.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2583 on: February 5, 2019, 12:50:33 am »

Before tonight's game he'd conceded 7 goals from the last 11 shots on target that he'd faced, and tonight's another one, so it's fair to say his form has dipped.

Tonight's goal though, although he's made a slight move to his left and is rooted as the shot goes past, you can't say too much when the attacker puts a shot in off the far post from well inside the box.

Or another way to look at it is we are giving up much better opportunities with a makeshift back four meaning he has less chance to stop players scoring.

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2584 on: February 5, 2019, 12:51:44 am »
Or another way to look at it is we are giving up much better opportunities with a makeshift back four meaning he has less chance to stop players scoring.
Yeah, it's not just him. He's part of a defence whose form has dropped collectively.

We are having a blip. It happens.

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2585 on: February 5, 2019, 12:59:45 am »

Why does an honest question have to be associated with a blame? Goals happen, and yes, it was a team failure, not Alisson's mistake.

Regardless of the end-effect, goal or not, I was asking those in the know of goalkeeper techniques why doesn't Alisson try to stop shots with shots feet? How much does that depend on the keeper, how much is a matter of training. Maybe spreading himself big is as effective, maybe he's playing against other situational probabilities. I ask, because I don't know. 

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2586 on: February 5, 2019, 01:20:09 am »
Why does an honest question have to be associated with a blame? Goals happen, and yes, it was a team failure, not Alisson's mistake.

Regardless of the end-effect, goal or not, I was asking those in the know of goalkeeper techniques why doesn't Alisson try to stop shots with shots feet? How much does that depend on the keeper, how much is a matter of training. Maybe spreading himself big is as effective, maybe he's playing against other situational probabilities. I ask, because I don't know. 
I wasn't actually talking to you.

Anyway, Alisson made a good save with his feet from Bobby on Wednesday.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2587 on: February 5, 2019, 04:33:36 am »
Here the XG of the 7 goals during 2019 WH(.04), Total XG for game .79, for the game Leicester goal was .4, Leicester had 1.09 XG, Palace goals on xg of .13,.11,.09 with a total XG .82. City was .05 and .06. He did make a save .49 and .32 in the city game and city XG was 1.18
Most of these goal have been really good shots on low XG goals, Antonio and Sane goal both hit the post.

His Save percent is current 77.27%(51/66), he normally a little closer to 80%. Here Babuhttps://twitter.com/babuyagu/status/1076908199473754117 comparing him pickford number the EPL save percentage number has changed since then however mostly trying to show his career save percentage in Italy and Brazil.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2588 on: February 5, 2019, 02:38:34 pm »

Because if he sets himself to get low and save it with his feet, he's not able to move at all if the player cuts the ball back.

His entire goal was exposed. But for Rice (i think) being wrongly concerned about being offside and stopping, Allison was fully exposed for a cutback tap-in or for a placed shot in absolutely any direction high or low.

Those worried about Allison would be better served asking questions of our defensive set piece organisation/line and discipline (pretty much since TAA was injured, and we've had midfielders playing there). And why the wall (of one or two) repeatedly didn't know how to handle short set piece routines, most catastrophically for their goal.

But if people are more concerned with finding individuals to blame for the last two goals should probably be looking at our other colossus (the centre back one).

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2589 on: February 5, 2019, 03:22:00 pm »

He saved a ball off the line against Leicester with his legs. Mark Schwrazer was on the last day and said keepers aren't trained to save shots with their feet.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2590 on: February 5, 2019, 05:45:17 pm »
Re: legs save. I just have that mental picture, and I could be wrong, but I remember Cech in his prime years was very active saving with his feet, Van der Saar was too, De Gea is exceptional at that, even Mignolet does it more than Ali. Does that make the above better keepers? No. but it's a feature of the game the some players emphasize more than others, and I'm trying to understand the reason why. I don't recall, but I don't think that Pepe made too much of those saves either.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2591 on: February 5, 2019, 05:56:36 pm »
Re: legs save. I just have that mental picture, and I could be wrong, but I remember Cech in his prime years was very active saving with his feet, Van der Saar was too, De Gea is exceptional at that, even Mignolet does it more than Ali. Does that make the above better keepers? No. but it's a feature of the game the some players emphasize more than others, and I'm trying to understand the reason why. I don't recall, but I don't think that Pepe made too much of those saves either.

Mark Schwarzer was on the debate a couple of weeks ago and said keepers aren't trained to save with their feet, the ones that do it more often just do it naturally and if they're good at it coaches will allow it but generally they're taught to save with their hands. He said saving with your feet is more prevalent in futsal so maybe those players played more of it growing up.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2592 on: February 5, 2019, 06:07:25 pm »
Mark Schwarzer was on the debate a couple of weeks ago and said keepers aren't trained to save with their feet, the ones that do it more often just do it naturally and if they're good at it coaches will allow it but generally they're taught to save with their hands. He said saving with your feet is more prevalent in futsal so maybe those players played more of it growing up.

There should be no way that the Brazilian Becker played less futsal than the Europeans, given that they invented the game ;D

It's possible, though.

On that goal, though, it wasn't a matter of saving with his feet or not. He got caught flat-footed, and it looked to me like he was expecting the near-post shot. Once it didn't happen, I think he realised he was f&*&ed, and just didn't do anything.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2593 on: February 5, 2019, 06:09:53 pm »

Wow!

That's dreadful!

:o
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2594 on: February 5, 2019, 06:09:53 pm »
There should be no way that the Brazilian Becker played less futsal than the Europeans, given that they invented the game ;D

It's possible, though.

On that goal, though, it wasn't a matter of saving with his feet or not. He got caught flat-footed, and it looked to me like he was expecting the near-post shot. Once it didn't happen, I think he realised he was f&*&ed, and just didn't do anything.

Oh I've no idea who played more futsal when they were younger just passing on what Schwarzer said  ;D

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2595 on: February 5, 2019, 06:15:58 pm »
Watched it again - he literally gets caught on the hop. As soon as he plants his foot, the shot is taken. He messed it up, but to be honest, he was static before the shot was even taken.

It was well-worked by West Ham. They did us good and proper on that one.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2596 on: February 5, 2019, 06:16:28 pm »
You know when you have a not great result and then see a player thread at the top of the page and think ‘naaaah surely he’s not getting stick!!!’?

Yep.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2597 on: February 5, 2019, 06:17:47 pm »
I think Alisson like all of our defensive players at the moment are becoming more stretched in view of the changes we're having to make with the injuries we have. Before they were part of a well oiled unit, now they are having to get used to other players, with the result being more mistakes are being made overall. I'm not suggesting he was entirely at fault but the rhythm of the defence like that of the team, has gone a little bit awry. I'm sure once we go back to being a regular back four again, things will improve. Trent coming back will certainly help. In the meantime they will all have muck in to get the team through this patchy form.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2598 on: February 5, 2019, 06:52:58 pm »
Alisson's Save Percentage per game. Trending slightly downwards, but his peaks are perfect, although he has crashed and burned twice this season (Cardiff, Crystal Palace)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2599 on: February 5, 2019, 06:59:36 pm »
I wasn't actually talking to you.

LallanaInPyjamas wasn't talking to you either but you still butted in.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT