Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3472212 times)

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #42240 on: April 1, 2016, 04:02:09 pm »
Went to watch Eddie the Eagle the other day. Its never going to win awards, but it was a decent watch. Heart warming.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #42241 on: April 1, 2016, 04:03:49 pm »
Zootropolis is excellent, kids film obviously, but loads in it for adults....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42242 on: April 1, 2016, 11:45:49 pm »
After hours - scorsese from the 80's. Really enjoyable film.
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42243 on: April 2, 2016, 12:18:48 am »
watched Everest and Spotlight in the plane, i thought both of them were big disappointing. Very boring stuff.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #42244 on: April 2, 2016, 01:45:50 am »
watched The Nasty Girl and Southbound. Nasty Girl was somewhat intriguing and interestingly made but didn't exactly pack a punch.
Southbound i couldn't even finish, just nodded off.
I saw the "The Nasty Girl" years ago in one of my German university classes. The English translation of the film title and with the cover/image they use to for the English version is misleading. Poorly chosen for both. It's based off a true story and a solid film in my book.

I saw it in the German section of Netflix (piss poor selections) recently along with Taxi Zum Klo. Two odd films I would have never expected to see on Netflix, especially Taxi Zum Klo since it includes explicit gay sex scenes. Totally X rated film.

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42245 on: April 2, 2016, 03:13:52 am »
I saw the "The Nasty Girl" years ago in one of my German university classes. The English translation of the film title and with the cover/image they use to for the English version is misleading. Poorly chosen for both. It's based off a true story and a solid film in my book.

I saw it in the German section of Netflix (piss poor selections) recently along with Taxi Zum Klo. Two odd films I would have never expected to see on Netflix, especially Taxi Zum Klo since it includes explicit gay sex scenes. Totally X rated film.

a solid film for sure, i was intrigued for most of it. but as it progressed i got more interested in the actual facts/people it was based on and less so on how it would end.
i was literally eyeing my laptop thinking of googling/wikipedaing the basis while it unfurled the last meters.

Spoiler
in the beginning there was this sexual tension and personal drama, later it was just her vs bureaucracy.
and seeing as the movie had been made i already knew the result, she'd win. so there was no tension
[close]

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42246 on: April 2, 2016, 07:58:18 pm »
Hail Caeser 2016 HC HDRip XviD AC3-EVO
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42247 on: April 2, 2016, 08:00:48 pm »
This is also about....on private trackers.

Triple 9 (2016) WEBRiP 720p CAM AUDIO 750MB - SUMRAK   

Triple 9 2016 720p WEBRip CAM AUDIO x264 ACAB   

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #42248 on: April 2, 2016, 08:13:44 pm »
This is also about....on private trackers.

Triple 9 (2016) WEBRiP 720p CAM AUDIO 750MB - SUMRAK   

Triple 9 2016 720p WEBRip CAM AUDIO x264 ACAB   

Don't do it 🐇

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42249 on: April 2, 2016, 08:18:25 pm »
Don't do it 🐇
Read your thoughts,took heed. ;D

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42250 on: April 4, 2016, 08:05:54 am »
Crazy that in a slightly obscure anime movie, Bebop Cowboy, there should be a homage to Probe records!!

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #42251 on: April 4, 2016, 09:16:25 am »
Crazy that in a slightly obscure anime movie, Bebop Cowboy, there should be a homage to Probe records!!

Eh. The whole series is full of music references, so if there was one anime movie that would reference it, it would be Cowboy Bebop. It's also not that obscure - not the Cowboy Bebop brand anyway.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42252 on: April 4, 2016, 04:08:03 pm »
Eh. The whole series is full of music references, so if there was one anime movie that would reference it, it would be Cowboy Bebop. It's also not that obscure - not the Cowboy Bebop brand anyway.

Offline luckyluke

• A proponent of intercourse during accelerated perambulation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super bonanza extravaganza
« Reply #42253 on: April 4, 2016, 08:48:23 pm »
Watched The Living and the Dead (2006) yesterday. Weirdest shit I've ever seen. It was on the telly and throughout the film I felt I wanted to turn it off but then watched it till the end.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42254 on: April 4, 2016, 08:51:21 pm »
Star Wars was good but so so predictable.

I was really looking forward to seeing Deadpool but it disappointed, could have been so much more.

Got the new Hunger Games for tonight, enjoyed the last one.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42255 on: April 4, 2016, 09:02:03 pm »
Jurassic World does not hold upto a rewatch Im afraid, turned it over after an hour.

These sequels/remakes/re-imaginings etc really are shite on further inspection. They tend to initially work on the big screen, mainly due to nostalgia but ultimately lack what made the originals great.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42256 on: April 4, 2016, 09:29:40 pm »
Mel Gibson doing a Taken type thing, won't be the best movie ever but I do like a straightforward action movie that isn't insanely over the top.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oPJ0RTnmUYk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oPJ0RTnmUYk</a>

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #42257 on: April 5, 2016, 01:28:12 pm »
Wow! Just wow! It was absolutely fucking dreadful.....and that's from someone who will watch almost anything! Some of the sets pieces were pretty good but that aside it's worthless.
Worst super hero film I can recall watching this century! I actually nodded off at one point. And Affleck's depiction of Batman is the worst of any ever committed to film, but you can't put all the blame on him.
Supposedly one of the smartest super heroes of all-time and his excuse for getting caught planting a bug? Looking for the lav! Unfuckingbelievable! Kill if, kill it with fire!
All that said it still wasn't even close to being as bad as London has Fallen, which was a bigger turd than the brother from Weird Science!

Aye, it is fucking shit isn't it? - I don't think Affleck did that bad if I'm honest, but Cavill plays Superman like he has a naked picture of him with Commissioner Gordon...

The whole affair has been overhyped to the point of absurdity - as I say, I wouldn't be surprised if another cut comes out that tries to tie it all together. In addition, for some reason, while watching, I got deja vu from when I went to watch Ridley Scott's turgid Alien reboot.

Continually on 11,420.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42258 on: April 5, 2016, 01:47:48 pm »
Aye, it is fucking shit isn't it? - I don't think Affleck did that bad if I'm honest, but Cavill plays Superman like he has a naked picture of him with Commissioner Gordon...

The whole affair has been overhyped to the point of absurdity - as I say, I wouldn't be surprised if another cut comes out that tries to tie it all together. In addition, for some reason, while watching, I got deja vu from when I went to watch Ridley Scott's turgid Alien reboot.
Top three worst films this year along with Triple 9 and London as fallen. They should burn the original print of all three!

Criminal
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3014866/
The memories & skills of a deceased CIA agent are implanted into an unpredictable and dangerous convict.

Anyone keen on this? Directed by Ariel Vromen who did The Iceman a few years back with Michael Shannon.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #42259 on: April 5, 2016, 02:02:01 pm »
Top three worst films this year along with Triple 9 and London as fallen. They should burn the original print of all three!

How does it compare to Fantastic Four and The Green Lantern? Can't be quite as bad as those, surely?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42260 on: April 5, 2016, 02:02:53 pm »
Jurassic World does not hold upto a rewatch Im afraid, turned it over after an hour.

These sequels/remakes/re-imaginings etc really are shite on further inspection. They tend to initially work on the big screen, mainly due to nostalgia but ultimately lack what made the originals great.

at the risk of reigniting my war of words with Mouth; The Death of Zara Young, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Hate Jurassic World

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42261 on: April 5, 2016, 02:29:11 pm »
at the risk of reigniting my war of words with Mouth; The Death of Zara Young, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Hate Jurassic World

That article is seriously reaching with the "Jurassic World is punishing Zara for being a woman" conclusion drawn a few paragraphs in. There might be some good points made further down but I struggled to read on beyond that point.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42262 on: April 5, 2016, 02:35:56 pm »
How does it compare to Fantastic Four and The Green Lantern? Can't be quite as bad as those, surely?
For me it was worse than both but as I said a page or two back, that might be because I fucking love Batman so them shitting on it might make for a more emotional response.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42263 on: April 5, 2016, 05:30:02 pm »
That article is seriously reaching with the "Jurassic World is punishing Zara for being a woman" conclusion drawn a few paragraphs in. There might be some good points made further down but I struggled to read on beyond that point.

oh i agree, the article is overreaching in its conclusions. but like you mentioned, many of the points made are valid and even spot on.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42264 on: April 5, 2016, 08:00:55 pm »

Prometheus? I thought it was ok but watched the original Alien again last weekend. Still one of my favourite films of all time. We don't even see the alien until well int the film and it moves really slowly but it's unsettling throughout (kind of like Rosemary's Baby in the respect). The practical effects hold up extremely well too. Awesome film. Can't really say anything close to that about Prometheus.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #42265 on: April 5, 2016, 11:24:39 pm »
Prometheus? I thought it was ok but watched the original Alien again last weekend. Still one of my favourite films of all time. We don't even see the alien until well int the film and it moves really slowly but it's unsettling throughout (kind of like Rosemary's Baby in the respect). The practical effects hold up extremely well too. Awesome film. Can't really say anything close to that about Prometheus.

But I mean, Prometheus was hyped up to death (albeit, nowhere near as big as SvB), and was pretty much a depressing bag of shit. Nowhere near as shit as SvB, but you get me?
Continually on 11,420.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42266 on: April 5, 2016, 11:29:02 pm »
Prometheus was thought-provoking, don't understand all the hate.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #42267 on: April 5, 2016, 11:33:01 pm »
Without bumping the thread, there are some excellent points made by members of the board; but the film jotted along very gangly, and overall, it failed (for me), to live up to the hype.

Which is what I meant - watching BvS, I got an overwhelming sense of deja vu - too many times I've believed the hype, only to be let down.

Pyar gutted lad.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #42268 on: April 5, 2016, 11:51:29 pm »
For those that have never seen it, Gilliam's Brazil has just started on Film 4.

Gone wrong Ducting (amongst other things) starring Pryce, Palin, Holm, Hoskins and even De Niro as a sort of Ninja Plumber.

Superb.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42269 on: April 6, 2016, 09:01:16 am »
For those that have never seen it, Gilliam's Brazil has just started on Film 4.

Gone wrong Ducting (amongst other things) starring Pryce, Palin, Holm, Hoskins and even De Niro as a sort of Ninja Plumber.

Superb.
Love's it! Gilliam's mind must be like a carnival! Not his best film but it's right up there, top 5 maybe? Crazy that a film of that quality might not even make his top five films!!!

The rogue, covert plumber always reminded me of my Dad (a plumber, touch on the crazy side and has a look of the De Niro's about him) so always a soft spot there an all! 8) :wave

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42270 on: April 6, 2016, 09:01:23 am »
Went to see Eddie the Eagle last night and thought it was fantastic, a really inspirational, feel-good tale with plenty of laughs along the way.

9/10

Offline IgoDirk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42271 on: April 6, 2016, 09:51:49 am »
Had a free cinema outing to watch 'Speed Sisters' last night. A documentary about an all female racing team in Palestine, I didn't know what to expect going in but it was really enjoyable! Doesn't focus so much on their struggles as women in a male orientated sport (there seem to be surprisingly few), but more on their rivalries and struggles around the Israel/Palestine borders. Good stuff and I'd recommend giving it a go if you come across it.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42272 on: April 6, 2016, 08:18:11 pm »
But I mean, Prometheus was hyped up to death (albeit, nowhere near as big as SvB), and was pretty much a depressing bag of shit. Nowhere near as shit as SvB, but you get me?

I do, though I'm always wary of sequels/prequels to classic films long after they first came out. It's one of the many reasons the new Ghostbuters is probably going to be rubbish.

Haven't seen BvS but from seeing clips/trailers and reading comments about it, I have little interest. Suicide squad on the other hand looks pretty awesome.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42273 on: April 7, 2016, 01:08:38 am »
Finally got around to watching No Country For Old Men. Brilliant film, felt completely different to what I expected it to be, especially the final act

Spoiler
I almost felt guilty at the end for wanting a big final confrontation and shoot out, where the bad guy dies and the good guy lives happily ever after
[close]

I feel like I need to re-watch and read around it to get a full grasp of the messages in the film, but it was brilliant. Bardem stole the show

8.5/10
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42274 on: April 7, 2016, 02:27:51 am »
went to see The Witch in theater. loved it. didnt understand all the dialogue but its not like there was any ambiguity in the context of most conversations, just nuances lost. the actors did great, some great acting from the children, and the cinematographer did close to as good a job as the one in The Revenant. someone here complained of nothing happening in the movie, no disrespect but if you feel that way you either came in with the wrong expectations or weren't paying close enough attention.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2016, 02:45:47 am by Pelé as a Comedian »

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42275 on: April 7, 2016, 09:11:11 am »
Baskin is finally available....bout time too. IPT.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt4935418/

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42276 on: April 7, 2016, 10:57:24 am »
Baskin is finally available....bout time too. IPT.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt4935418/
Whoop! When you gunna watch it laaa? :wave

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #42277 on: April 7, 2016, 01:35:10 pm »
went to see The Witch in theater. loved it. didnt understand all the dialogue but its not like there was any ambiguity in the context of most conversations, just nuances lost. the actors did great, some great acting from the children, and the cinematographer did close to as good a job as the one in The Revenant. someone here complained of nothing happening in the movie, no disrespect but if you feel that way you either came in with the wrong expectations or weren't paying close enough attention.
Don't get that nothing happened criticism either.

Spoiler
Two kids die, a daughter murders her mother, Satan disguised as a goat gores the father, and the girl signs a deal with the devil and nothing happens? And that's just the blatant stuff.
[close]
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42278 on: April 7, 2016, 01:52:39 pm »
Went to see The Witch on Sunday. It was excellent, full of menace and moral ambiguity, I thoroughly enjoyed it. As expected the score was haunting and really added to the overall atmosphere.

Spoiler
Although the daughter becoming a witch in the final scenes after being accused for most of the film was a fitting end/climax, the tone of the last 5 minutes or so really jarred against the feel of the rest of the movie. Couldn't shake that off, it was almost comical, took the shine off what could have been a great film.
[close]
My 2 cents 8)

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42279 on: April 7, 2016, 04:50:54 pm »
Whoop! When you gunna watch it laaa? :wave
Fuck knows la. I've gorra ton of research to do for Paris-Roubaix and then write the preview before Saturday afternoon  and somehow fit in two bike rides and life in general. ;D