Author Topic: Winning Title #19*  (Read 1308388 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #5120 on: January 16, 2020, 09:14:58 am »
Them and Spurs

We did the double of Man Utd and Chelsea as well that season who were the biggest competition for title.

Imagine if at start of season someone had said 'we'll only lose two games and we'll do the double over the other two teams who finish in top 3'

You'd think fucking hell title is ours!

Forgot about that Spurs one. We battered them if I recall and they somehow flukes a last minute winner. On Halloween I think?

Looking back, 08/09 was genuinely a case of too many draws. Only 2 defeats but we did draw a lot. That claim that some people said last year was definitely unfair, 6 draws across a season is perfectly acceptable. Last season we were just freakishly unlucky not to win it.

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
  • Talking about The Reds an tha....
« Reply #5121 on: January 16, 2020, 09:18:09 am »
32 wins normally guarantees the title.
That means we need to win 12 more games.

Still need to focus on one game at a time. Focus on the Next game then.

Never needed anywhere near 32 until last two seasons.

30 would have been the absolute max given the highest totals even Ferguson's Man Utd teams got was 90.

28-30 would win you every PL since footy was invented in 1992 up until 2017.

Even Chelsea in 2005 with the then record 95 pts only won 29 games.

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
  • Talking about The Reds an tha....
« Reply #5122 on: January 16, 2020, 09:19:28 am »
Forgot about that Spurs one. We battered them if I recall and they somehow flukes a last minute winner. On Halloween I think?

Looking back, 08/09 was genuinely a case of too many draws. Only 2 defeats but we did draw a lot. That claim that some people said last year was definitely unfair, 6 draws across a season is perfectly acceptable. Last season we were just freakishly unlucky not to win it.

Absolutely freakishly unlucky - 97 pts was a better return than any title winning side in history bar the City team the year before with 100.

I was at that Spurs defeat - went 1 up early through Dirk, Carra put through own net and we lost it at death.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 09:23:40 am by an tha »

Offline TheFlyingScouseman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice day
« Reply #5123 on: January 16, 2020, 10:07:53 am »
Only time we’ve gone toe to toe with United for the title was in 08/09? Was a hard season to take, would have 19 titles to us with them stuck on 17

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5124 on: January 16, 2020, 10:11:40 am »
Absolutely freakishly unlucky - 97 pts was a better return than any title winning side in history bar the City team the year before with 100.

I was at that Spurs defeat - went 1 up early through Dirk, Carra put through own net and we lost it at death.
I'm perfectly ok with that title loss last year. Sliding doors, butterfly effect - call it what you want but I don't think we come from 3-0 down against Barcelona if we have a realistic chance of the title against Wolves.
As it happened we won number 6 and, despite having won the CL twice since we last won the league, those CL wins are like gold...and we get number 19 this year anyway....with many to follow :)

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #5125 on: January 16, 2020, 10:19:06 am »
That 08/09 season has plenty of good memories....but yea the January draws, the United spawning victories at Villa and Spurs (fucking SPURS!!!! at half time HOW could you lose that???)

Our loss to Spurs when we battered them, the 4-4 draw with Arsenal was a deflation.

ahhhh

United did go on a ridiculous run of 1-0 wins if I remember too at one point.

13/14 season the sterling "offside" at Etihad was a complete joke....then the obvious stuff at the end...but the feeling on that run of winning games was incredible. Fulham away again was superb, THAT ball by Stevie to Sturridge was it? and young Texeira (the next Suso) providing an assist in the same game??
The first 20 odd minutes against Arsenal remains one of the most breathtaking matches I can remember. Suarez and Sturridge, all the best...

Last season just the tension of not being able to place one foot wrong. Wasn't too upset after the Etihad loss, but the draws against Leicester compounded with the West Ham and Everton AND United ones left me worried but still hopeful. Then City just didn't stop. But the CL made up for it.

I've always looked back on those seasons with mixed emotions but the bad stuff from them won't hurt as much come May, because it all gets wiped out if we win the league
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 10:22:33 am by just redk84 will do »
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
« Reply #5126 on: January 16, 2020, 10:24:25 am »
32 wins normally guarantees the title.
That means we need to win 12 more games.

Still need to focus on one game at a time. Focus on the Next game then.

As 35 points guarantees us the title anyway, unlikely to even need 12 now.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5127 on: January 16, 2020, 10:43:35 am »

13/14 season the sterling "offside" at Etihad was a complete joke

I know I'm just picking something out but I keep seeing people mentioning this as if it had a massive effect on the game. We went 1-0 up about 5 minutes after the Sterling offside, it was a bad decision but it didn't matter in the end.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #5128 on: January 16, 2020, 10:51:46 am »
I know I'm just picking something out but I keep seeing people mentioning this as if it had a massive effect on the game. We went 1-0 up about 5 minutes after the Sterling offside, it was a bad decision but it didn't matter in the end.

What? You don't think a wrong decision that cost us a goal wouldn't have made a difference in a game we only lost 2-1?

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5129 on: January 16, 2020, 11:05:55 am »
What? You don't think a wrong decision that cost us a goal wouldn't have made a difference in a game we only lost 2-1?

It was 0-0 when it happened, we went 1-0 up 5 minutes later. It's unlikely it had any affect. Had it happened to put us 2-0 up I'd give it more credence.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5130 on: January 16, 2020, 11:19:17 am »

It’s a bit unquantifiable. It’s never as simple as saying had that goal stood we’d have drawn, as said above the rest of the game would have panned out differently. In the same way it’s why when Wolves claim they’d have drawn at Anfield recently had their goal stood we know that in the second half we’d have probably stepped it up and found a winning goal anyway.

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #5131 on: January 16, 2020, 11:31:39 am »
It’s a bit unquantifiable. It’s never as simple as saying had that goal stood we’d have drawn, as said above the rest of the game would have panned out differently. In the same way it’s why when Wolves claim they’d have drawn at Anfield recently had their goal stood we know that in the second half we’d have probably stepped it up and found a winning goal anyway.

I always think about things like this and it wrecks my brain, how the butterfly effect would mean everything would be different. Yes we'd have been awarded that goal but the entire sequence of subsequent events would be different since it's now a kickoff instead of a free kick and so surely the next goal doesn't happen.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5132 on: January 16, 2020, 11:54:55 am »
I always think about things like this and it wrecks my brain, how the butterfly effect would mean everything would be different. Yes we'd have been awarded that goal but the entire sequence of subsequent events would be different since it's now a kickoff instead of a free kick and so surely the next goal doesn't happen.

Cheers for that. I've always struggled to label and articulate this, especially to football fans. The idea that if that chance is taken, the disallowed goal is given then that becomes the outcome has always been ridiculous.

It's funny how with VAR teams talk about how decisions "cost" them points. Bitters at Brighton is a good one. Just compare that game to ours at Villa.
VAR goes against them to help Brighton equalise, with about 10 to go. At that stage, they have one point and could get all 3 if they go for it. They concede again and end up with none.

We concede, have an equaliser chalked off, but we eventually score, keep going and end up winning all 3 points.

Both teams have a contentious VAR go against them, one ends up with 0, the other 3.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5133 on: January 16, 2020, 11:58:45 am »

When writing that I thought it had been at 1-1. Just off the top of my dome really
Fair enough if we scored 5 minutes later then may not have been that much of an issue, as I argue the very same thing for all the people complaining abo0ut all the "favourable" decisions we get for or against ignoring the fact we're the best team in the land and with time left in the game we more than anyone can put a bad score right, and have form for it.

or basically what Charlie Adams..... said above me  ;D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 12:01:00 pm by just redk84 will do »
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline MacKon

• Main Stander
  • FOOTBALL WITHOUT ORIGI IS NOTHING
« Reply #5134 on: January 16, 2020, 12:07:23 pm »
So seeing as we need to drop below 2.00 PPG (aprox) for a 17 game stretch in order to lose the league, I decided to map the PPG Moving Average across the last 100 games to see when it last happened:

It happens here at Match 24 on the chart. In other words 2 years ago (Jan 2018) ….. Coincidentally that's around the same period when City where last able to hit a PPG of 3 in a 17 game stretch themselves. That's the only time they have ever managed it and the chances of them repeating it again look very slim indeed.

Would you mind if I 'borrowed' it and shared it through some social media?
Good thing about pizza is that even when it's bad, it's still reasonably good.

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
« Reply #5135 on: January 16, 2020, 12:17:19 pm »

Need to use ESPN's VAR algorithm thing to figure it all out  ;)

Offline JCB

• Sponsors of Digger Barnes.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5136 on: January 16, 2020, 01:11:09 pm »
Would you mind if I 'borrowed' it and shared it through some social media?

Ordinarily, I'd say go ahead, however I'd say wait a little bit...  Stephen (Aka Babayugu) is writing an article about this and some other vizzes we put together which should go out today-tomorrow and he'll link it to his account as well as the CraqueStats account.

I've also tarted this one up a bit more since then: have gone back to the beginning of the Klopp era and used dates on the x-axis to make it clearer.

I'll chase him up on that.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5137 on: January 16, 2020, 01:19:10 pm »
Just looking at this season again...
gonna role play a bit and take out how well we've been up to now etc. and try judge our remaining fixtures against City's on opposition form at the moment.

Yes this could and may well be a completely pointless excercise, but im bored so here goes
(not including our home fixtures)

+ im glad we have gotten southampton away done, City still have to go there and they seem to have found their groove
- they played Arsenal away at the right time, we still gotta do that - could be tricky. Not sure if a resurgence is going on there as haven't payed much attention to them but Arteta is doing ok AFAIK?
- Everton away is potential banana skin and they have a lot to prove after our kids beat them. could be tricky. Ancelotti would have had a bit more time by then to lift them
+ they have leicester away left....Brendan would like to have a go im sure
+ they have Chelsea away left and its been highlighted how off their form is at stamford bridge so may have a point to prove. City also lost there last season
+ sheffield united away could cause them problems. decent team
- west ham away now they have a bit of a new manager lift could be tough (even though its Moyes) . they like raising their game for us too
-newcastle away, until the last couple seasons i dont think this was our favourite fixture but nevertheless could be tricky
+They have to go to Spurs and im sure that wont be easy for them with the mini-history they have and Mourinho too

Norwich are bottom, we both have Watford and Brighton away, Palace at home. Shouldn't expect them to have any issues with their home games tho if they feel like throwing in a few L's that would be fine by me
Have not looked into when we are playing these teams and potential relegation scraps/top 4 scraps that would influence things further

That was fun.  :P
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 01:22:28 pm by just redk84 will do »
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5138 on: January 16, 2020, 01:34:55 pm »
Is right. Start a new thread if you need to moan about the AFCON.

Or use the existing one https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=329633.80
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5139 on: January 16, 2020, 01:40:16 pm »

Henderson had a great chance to make it 2-2 in the second half too. Ballooned a shot over the bar from a cross when he was about 8 yards out.
Plenty of decisions in the Chelsea game after it fucked us too. Eto'o not being sent off after a couple of minutes and scoring their second(?). Eto'o again in the second half taking out Suarez off the ball for what should've been a stonewall penalty right in front of Howard Webb are 2 that immediately spring to mind.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5140 on: January 16, 2020, 01:45:07 pm »
I think the only time a disallowed goal, or wrongly allowed goal can make an obvious impact is when it’s a last kick of the game job.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5141 on: January 16, 2020, 02:00:06 pm »
I think the only time a disallowed goal, or wrongly allowed goal can make an obvious impact is when it’s a last kick of the game job.

;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5142 on: January 16, 2020, 02:11:11 pm »
;D

Haha, didn’t mean that as a joke! But in all other cases you could argue the game would pan out differently had a goal been given. When it’s a last minute goal it’s too late to do anything about it, if that makes sense.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5143 on: January 16, 2020, 02:28:42 pm »
Haha, didn’t mean that as a joke! But in all other cases you could argue the game would pan out differently had a goal been given. When it’s a last minute goal it’s too late to do anything about it, if that makes sense.

It makes some sense, but don't shout that out too loud. Will give the already abysmal standard of refereeing an excuse to plummet further  ;)

On a serious note, maybe an incorrect decision or two does not change the result in the way we think for certain, but there IS a chance that on balance of play, the opposition may have deserved a different result barring the decision(s). That 'chance' is enough to make people complain that it has cost them a result.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 02:31:29 pm by PoetryInMotion »

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5144 on: January 16, 2020, 02:56:33 pm »
Just looking at this season again...
gonna role play a bit and take out how well we've been up to now etc. and try judge our remaining fixtures against City's on opposition form at the moment.

Yes this could and may well be a completely pointless excercise, but im bored so here goes
(not including our home fixtures)

+ im glad we have gotten southampton away done, City still have to go there and they seem to have found their groove
- they played Arsenal away at the right time, we still gotta do that - could be tricky. Not sure if a resurgence is going on there as haven't payed much attention to them but Arteta is doing ok AFAIK?
- Everton away is potential banana skin and they have a lot to prove after our kids beat them. could be tricky. Ancelotti would have had a bit more time by then to lift them
+ they have leicester away left....Brendan would like to have a go im sure
+ they have Chelsea away left and its been highlighted how off their form is at stamford bridge so may have a point to prove. City also lost there last season
+ sheffield united away could cause them problems. decent team
- west ham away now they have a bit of a new manager lift could be tough (even though its Moyes) . they like raising their game for us too
-newcastle away, until the last couple seasons i dont think this was our favourite fixture but nevertheless could be tricky
+They have to go to Spurs and im sure that wont be easy for them with the mini-history they have and Mourinho too

Norwich are bottom, we both have Watford and Brighton away, Palace at home. Shouldn't expect them to have any issues with their home games tho if they feel like throwing in a few L's that would be fine by me
Have not looked into when we are playing these teams and potential relegation scraps/top 4 scraps that would influence things further

That was fun.  :P

I agree with most of that. I've said before when you play teams makes all the difference - so far this season things have fallen pretty nicely for us.

I think we'll drop points to Everton and maybe Wolves. Think we'll be too good for West Ham. Arsenal could be a draw but I'd also expect us to have too much for their defence.

The Newcastle game will hopefully be too late to matter, same with Chelsea and Arsenal for that matter.

I think City will drop points either vs Spurs or Southampton but can see them beating Chelsea and Leicester- both of whom haven't done brilliantly when faced with genuine quality this season.

And then of course you have our match with them where a draw would be more than enough. Even a loss might be fine if we continue the way we are.

For me, if we beat United and Wolves it's done in my mind.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #5145 on: January 16, 2020, 03:11:20 pm »
I agree with most of that. I've said before when you play teams makes all the difference - so far this season things have fallen pretty nicely for us.

I think we'll drop points to Everton and maybe Wolves. Think we'll be too good for West Ham. Arsenal could be a draw but I'd also expect us to have too much for their defence.

The Newcastle game will hopefully be too late to matter, same with Chelsea and Arsenal for that matter.

I think City will drop points either vs Spurs or Southampton but can see them beating Chelsea and Leicester- both of whom haven't done brilliantly when faced with genuine quality this season.

And then of course you have our match with them where a draw would be more than enough. Even a loss might be fine if we continue the way we are.

Why Everton? I know it's a derby but they're absolute dog shit! The only loss I can see is City away. Avoid defeat at the emptyhad and we're going unbeaten.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5146 on: January 16, 2020, 03:12:00 pm »

Its swings and roundabouts. Playing Norwich in the first game of the season was the hardest time to play them as they hadn't realised how out of depth they were. We also played Southampton away at a tricky time given we went to extra time in the Super Cup. Playing Wolves days after they came back to beat Man City made that fixture infinitely harder too. Burnley were in much better form when we played them compared to now, and playing Watford in their first game with a new manager was as hard as you're going to get it against them. West Ham away would have been a peice of piss if we played the fixture when it was originally scheduled, now its tricky.

But then conversely we got City without Ederson and Spurs without Kane. We played Bournemouth when they became shit and Leicester just after City had shown them they weren't title contenders. Our Christmas schedule in general was kind in terms of rest.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5147 on: January 16, 2020, 03:33:59 pm »
We play Arsenal in the last 3 gameweeks of the season, I imagine that won't hold much of importance if we maintain our form.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #5148 on: January 16, 2020, 03:42:02 pm »
We'll have it won by the time we play Arsenal. We usually spank them anyway.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5149 on: January 16, 2020, 03:42:30 pm »
Why Everton? I know it's a derby but they're absolute dog shit! The only loss I can see is City away. Avoid defeat at the emptyhad and we're going unbeaten.

When was the last time we won comfortably at Goodison? Not that often. They will give us a game. We should win but could I see a draw? Yes.

I dont think we'll win every game left but don't see many losses. At most 2 losses. We just need to keep turning potential draws into wins and we'll be fine.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
« Reply #5150 on: January 16, 2020, 04:13:30 pm »
If we’ve won it with 3,4,5 games to go, expect focus to switch to champions league with heavily rotated league line ups.  Last 3 games would be tricky if this is the case....

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5151 on: January 16, 2020, 04:15:09 pm »
I dont think we'll win every game left but don't see many losses. At most 2 losses. We just need to keep turning potential draws into wins and we'll be fine.

That's what we have been doing so well...there are some that will have us believe its because of luck and VAR/ref decisions...
But how many of those games were we REALLY lucky? There have been a handful sure. For the most part we've bossed each and every game where it matters, in both boxes.

If people want to talk about opposition missing chances well we miss a fair few too! And plus there's the whole butterfly effect stuff mentioned in previous pages.

There has been luck no doubt. maybe we should have about 2/3 more draws and a loss? But with a run like we've been on lady luck always plays a part and i'll take it because god knows that bitch has spanked us a fair few times in recent seasons.  ;D

Everton match will be their everything.....as it always is....and even though we don't always win we don't lose. It will be City away and Wolves away that I think could be the hardest fixtures left for us to be honest
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #5152 on: January 16, 2020, 04:18:20 pm »
When was the last time we won comfortably at Goodison? Not that often. They will give us a game. We should win but could I see a draw? Yes.

We usually draw at Goodison, we haven't won many there since Rafa left.

They collectively shit themselves at Anfield but it's always tough at the pit with their snarling crowd behind them.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5153 on: January 16, 2020, 04:22:47 pm »

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5154 on: January 16, 2020, 04:28:22 pm »

It’s not just the derby. If you think we’re going unbeaten al season fair play. I’ll take one game at a time and see how we go. The derby at goodison usually is never easy. It’s not hard to figure out.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #5155 on: January 16, 2020, 05:33:44 pm »
We play Arsenal in the last 3 gameweeks of the season, I imagine that won't hold much of importance if we maintain our form.

Chelsea too. Then Newcastle away. Let's just say keeping it double-digits until three games to go would be nice  ;D
Linudden.

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #5156 on: January 16, 2020, 05:35:29 pm »

I am also looking at how we stand after these two games.

If we win both, I'll start to feel very confident.

At the moment, I just don't want to jinx us
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5157 on: January 16, 2020, 05:36:12 pm »
Chelsea too. Then Newcastle away. Let's just say keeping it double-digits until three games to go would be nice  ;D

This would be a lovely dilemma to have but I can see Arsenal away being tricky if we are still unbeaten at that point as they’ll be he’ll bent on stopping us going unbeaten all season. That said, if we’re still unbeaten at that point we’ll almost certainly be champions already so I’d like to deal with that ‘problem’ when we get to it. :D

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5158 on: January 16, 2020, 06:00:31 pm »
It's a shame we dont have arsenal sooner. As much as arteta has lifted them, they still look well short, tired and not much better at the back.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5159 on: January 16, 2020, 06:18:36 pm »
If we get the same results in our closing fixtures as we did in the same games last year we'll finish on 104pts... turn the City loss into a draw/win and you have a nice 105-7pt unbeaten title.