Author Topic: AC Milan away ticket details  (Read 25486 times)

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
Re: AC Milan away ticket details
« Reply #240 on: December 5, 2021, 01:37:44 pm »
As long as you have less than 3 days away per the gov wesbite between test and flight your sorted. It does make sense especially if on a day trip / 1 night - i am just glad i got in my the skin of my teeth. PCR still a pain but at least we are back home

Would flying in on Tuesday morning, and back on Thursday work? No idea if that counts as 3 days or 2... so complicated

Offline uppercentenary92

• Main Stander
« Reply #241 on: December 5, 2021, 01:48:51 pm »
Would flying in on Tuesday morning, and back on Thursday work? No idea if that counts as 3 days or 2... so complicated

It starts from date of test and ends with scheduled flight time leaving Italy - so hopefully your test is tomorrow and you fly home within 3 days of that - if not look at changing test tomorrow to a later time to fit in - My test is 17.30 UK time Sunday and back 16.45 UK time Wed - so just under 3 days between test and flight

Offline Divock

• Main Stander
« Reply #242 on: December 5, 2021, 03:46:57 pm »

This is on the latest guidance and applies to people out and back to the UK within 3 days

Taking your test in the UK before travel
If you are returning to the UK within 3 days, you can use the result of a COVID-19 test that you take in the UK before you travel. You must use a private test provider for the test and not an NHS test.

The service on which you will arrive back in the UK must set off for the UK within 3 days of when you took the test.

I saw this last night and thought it would cover me for flying out Monday and returning Wednesday (can't quite make the test fit within 48 hours of my return flight) but ended up reading it so many times I'm now worried it only applies to flights before the new rules come into effect. The sections above it are talking about tests within 3 days but we know that from 4am on 7 Dec it is 2 days.

I've just "clicked and collected" another antigen test from Randox for peace of mind so will take that out to Milan with me.

Just as a heads up, if anyone was intending to take one of the (now useless) Day 2 Randox antigen tests out to Milan with them to use as their pre-return test, it won't work - at least according to the lady I spoke to today. Because it's on Randox's system as a "Day 2" test, apparently they can't give you a fit to fly certificate for it so you have to buy a new fit to fly (pre-departure) antigen test - even though the respective tests are identical. You can get a refund on the Day 2 antigen test so you hopefully won't get stung financially.

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #243 on: December 5, 2021, 03:50:38 pm »
Anyone know if the club will refund your ticket money if you choose not to go now due to the new tests you need to do now.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #244 on: December 5, 2021, 03:58:12 pm »
I saw this last night and thought it would cover me for flying out Monday and returning Wednesday (can't quite make the test fit within 48 hours of my return flight) but ended up reading it so many times I'm now worried it only applies to flights before the new rules come into effect. The sections above it are talking about tests within 3 days but we know that from 4am on 7 Dec it is 2 days.

Yep, this is what I was thinking too. The main header of the page says:

Changes to pre-departure testing from 4am, Tuesday 7 December 2021
From 4am, Tuesday 7 December all people aged 12 years and over must take a PCR or LFD COVID-19 test before they travel to England from abroad.

You must take the test within the 2 days before you travel to England.

This will apply whether you qualify as fully vaccinated or not.

And the 3 day thing was in place before these changes.

However, (admittedly not Italy), but Eurotunnel says for 'day trips' it the period is 3 days (in the FAQ): https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/travelling-with-us/latest/covid-19/

Oh it's so confusing!
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: December 5, 2021, 03:59:17 pm »
Anyone know if the club will refund your ticket money if you choose not to go now due to the new tests you need to do now.

'The club would, however, like to make it clear that if for any reason the restrictions change, preventing supporters from attending the game, LFC will refund the cost of the ticket only and not any travel costs.'

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/important-travel-guidance-ac-milan-fixture

Changes in tests were after that was published. Not really clear if that means, if we aren't allowed to travel (eg unvaccinated) or if the costs of tests prevent you from going.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2021, 04:03:44 pm by Levitz »
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline lukeypool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #246 on: December 5, 2021, 04:38:49 pm »
So can I take a randox pre departure lateral flow test with me. ?

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: December 5, 2021, 04:42:15 pm »
So can I take a randox pre departure lateral flow test with me. ?

Yes. As long as you have the app etc that should work
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: December 5, 2021, 05:09:36 pm »
Just got sent this From a mate that went to the Milan game yesterday

You go through a COVID check, they scan the first QR on certificate. Then check name on ticket against passport (number is there for Serie A), then you go to security pat down, then turnstiles to scan ticket barcode.

Extensive!

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #249 on: December 5, 2021, 06:59:24 pm »
Just arrived at Malpensa-  not a single covid check at Manchester Airport or on arrival in Milan.  Could have got here without any vaccinations or tests 2 days before 🤣🤣🤣

Offline Oh Yes BisCAN

• Kopite
  • Where Kenny played...
« Reply #250 on: December 5, 2021, 08:22:31 pm »
Did they check when you had your second jab? Mine will have been two weeks on Tuesday and we fly on Monday. I know some countries say you have to have been vaccinated for 2 weeks, but don’t think Italy is on that list, cheers
No, just scanned first QR. Second QR code doesn't seem to work at other venues (e.g. bar)
"Has everybody heard... the bird is the word?" @rabbitrabbiton

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: December 5, 2021, 08:53:40 pm »
I can't get on my NHS app to show the vaccine passport, as I don't have a GP, but it works on the NHS website, will that be okay? Also can print a PDF of it but not sure they'll accept that either
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: December 5, 2021, 09:06:31 pm »
I can't get on my NHS app to show the vaccine passport, as I don't have a GP, but it works on the NHS website, will that be okay? Also can print a PDF of it but not sure they'll accept that either

As long as it has the QR code it should be fine (can you add it to apple wallet if you have iphone?), if it's printed it needs to have been dowloaded after 1 November I think, those issued before that won't work
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #253 on: December 5, 2021, 09:26:36 pm »
Just arrived at Malpensa-  not a single covid check at Manchester Airport or on arrival in Milan.  Could have got here without any vaccinations or tests 2 days before 🤣🤣🤣

Same here flew from Heathrow to Milan today. No checks either end. More checks in the pubs lol

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: December 6, 2021, 02:27:42 am »
As long as it has the QR code it should be fine (can you add it to apple wallet if you have iphone?), if it's printed it needs to have been dowloaded after 1 November I think, those issued before that won't work

No don't have an Iphone. Yeah I only downloaded the PDF yesterday, like I said I can access the vaccine passport on this... https://covid-status.service.nhsx.nhs.uk/ but was just worried they may be picky and want it done through the app.
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: December 6, 2021, 09:06:10 am »
Vaccine and locator check at Gatwick and everyone told they have to have disposable mask for travel to Italy. Vending machine by gate has them for £2.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #256 on: December 6, 2021, 12:49:19 pm »
No don't have an Iphone. Yeah I only downloaded the PDF yesterday, like I said I can access the vaccine passport on this... https://covid-status.service.nhsx.nhs.uk/ but was just worried they may be picky and want it done through the app.
You should be ok if you downloaded the PDF yesterday, as I think it lasts a month after each download - I personally would print it off also.....they seem to like paperwork on the continent.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #257 on: December 6, 2021, 01:34:11 pm »
Anyone know the hotel to collect tickets in Milan?

Offline JACKO_LFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #258 on: December 6, 2021, 01:55:44 pm »
Just returned a positive lat flow test so Milan is off for me 😭

My mate is still going (on his own now), and has my spare, if any of you need?

Also, if any of you wouldn’t mind taking him under your wing while you’re over there, it’d be appreciated!

Offline lukeypool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #259 on: December 6, 2021, 03:16:22 pm »
Where is everyone in del durmo. Don’t seem many bars by the cathedral

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: December 6, 2021, 03:31:41 pm »
Where is everyone in del durmo. Don’t seem many bars by the cathedral

Brera and Navigli districts have some bars. Brera is about 15mins walk from Duomo and Navigli is a tram away. Not much round Duomo. "Bar" scene is thin on the ground, mostly restaurants.

Offline lukeypool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #261 on: December 6, 2021, 04:06:51 pm »
Brera and Navigli districts have some bars. Brera is about 15mins walk from Duomo and Navigli is a tram away. Not much round Duomo. "Bar" scene is thin on the ground, mostly restaurants.
Is like a ghost town everywhere

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: December 6, 2021, 04:11:42 pm »
Is like a ghost town everywhere
Monday's are the day off in most places apparently. That and its frcking baltic.

Offline lukeypool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #263 on: December 6, 2021, 04:21:39 pm »
Monday's are the day off in most places apparently. That and its frcking baltic.
Back to the hotel it is then. Few bevvies in there.

Offline dug77

• Kemlynite
« Reply #264 on: December 6, 2021, 05:54:35 pm »
Arrived in Milan this morning and returning to UK on Wednesday. Can anyone clarify if I have to do another pre departure test with the new rules coming into place tomorrow morning or is the one I did on Sunday evening enough as it mentioned you could do the test in the UK and have 3 days?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #265 on: December 6, 2021, 06:02:55 pm »
Arrived in Milan this morning and returning to UK on Wednesday. Can anyone clarify if I have to do another pre departure test with the new rules coming into place tomorrow morning or is the one I did on Sunday evening enough as it mentioned you could do the test in the UK and have 3 days?
the test has to be within 48hrs of departure time so you'll have to do another

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #266 on: December 6, 2021, 06:21:48 pm »
Back to the hotel it is then. Few bevvies in there.
There's a few Irish pubs/bars close to the centre, if that's your thing - O'Connell's on via Brera or Mulligan's near Lancetti station. Not saying that's where many Reds will be, but there might be a few.

Online tasmichkata

• Anny Roader
« Reply #267 on: December 6, 2021, 06:41:17 pm »
Anyone know the hotel to collect tickets in Milan?

Melia Milano Hotel - Via Masaccio 19, 20149, Milan

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: December 6, 2021, 10:40:38 pm »
the test has to be within 48hrs of departure time so you'll have to do another

The gov website says otherwise.

“Until 4am 7 December, you can take the test any time in the 3 days before the service on which you will arrive in England departs.

For example, if you travel directly to England on Friday, you could take a test any time on the Tuesday,
Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. The test result must be available for boarding.”

Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #269 on: December 6, 2021, 10:43:35 pm »
The gov website says otherwise.

“Until 4am 7 December, you can take the test any time in the 3 days before the service on which you will arrive in England departs.

For example, if you travel directly to England on Friday, you could take a test any time on the Tuesday,
Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. The test result must be available for boarding.”

in light of emerging evidence on the Omicron variant, from 4am on Tuesday 7 December anyone aged 12 and above wishing to travel to the UK will need to show a negative pre-departure test (LFD or PCR) as close as possible to departure and not more than 48 hours before to slow the importation of the new variant, this is the latest update

Offline Red210

• Kemlynite
« Reply #270 on: December 6, 2021, 11:07:19 pm »
in light of emerging evidence on the Omicron variant, from 4am on Tuesday 7 December anyone aged 12 and above wishing to travel to the UK will need to show a negative pre-departure test (LFD or PCR) as close as possible to departure and not more than 48 hours before to slow the importation of the new variant, this is the latest update

The 48 hours point a little misleading and even the passenger locator form had that on it yesterday, before today changing to the two days prior to the day you arrive. So (unlike Italian arrivals) it isn't 48 hours before your flight leaves for the UK, it's anytime in the two days prior to the day your flight leaves. So if you come back to the UK on on a flight departing Italy on Wednesday, you could have taken the test anytime on Monday or Tuesday. Both the passenger locator form and the UK.gov website now refer to two days, not 48 hours. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #271 on: December 7, 2021, 05:18:19 am »
Sport options flight was delayed til 9.15.

Just had another email saying 10.30 !!
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: December 7, 2021, 06:42:22 am »

Totally correct - been racking my brains over this but if you are in and out within 3 days of the test and the scheduled flight back (not arrival) you are sound. Just changed my booking to 5.30 today  - FLY back 16.45 UK time Wednesday

This is on the latest guidance and applies to people out and back to the UK within 3 days

If you are returning to the UK within 3 days, you can use the result of a COVID-19 test that you take in the UK before you travel. You must use a private test provider for the test and not an NHS test.

The service on which you will arrive back in the UK must set off for the UK within 3 days of when you took the test.

Just to say this has been updated this morning when the new rules came into effect  and it is 2 days now:

If you are returning to the UK within 2 days, you can use the result of a COVID-19 test that you take in the UK before you travel. You must use a private test provider for the test and not an NHS test.

The service on which you will arrive back in the UK must set off for the UK within 2 days of when you took the test, or within 2 days of the start of the first leg of your journey for multi-leg journeys.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england

Whether they actually get checked is obv another matter entirely….
« Last Edit: December 7, 2021, 06:50:36 am by Levitz »
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #273 on: December 7, 2021, 06:55:17 am »
What’s best option from bergamo airport to Milan?

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: December 7, 2021, 06:59:27 am »
Sport options flight was delayed til 9.15.

Just had another email saying 10.30 !!

Mate works at airport said  the plane arrived late from humberside last night should of been there at 18.50 but didn't land until 2215, so won't take off this morning until 1040 at the earliest
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #275 on: December 7, 2021, 07:04:57 am »
What’s best option from bergamo airport to Milan?
Walk out of the airport and turn right to the bus stops. Regular buses take 50 mins to Central station for €10. Taxi stop is to the left €110 is their fixed price!
It's not where you've been, it's where we're going.

JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED but Justice is getting closer every day.

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #276 on: December 7, 2021, 07:08:20 am »
Walk out of the airport and turn right to the bus stops. Regular buses take 50 mins to Central station for €10. Taxi stop is to the left €110 is their fixed price!

Nice one thanks mate.

Offline uppercentenary92

• Main Stander
« Reply #277 on: December 7, 2021, 07:14:55 am »
**** update ****. rule change.  was 3 days.  changes to 2 days.    Taking your test in the UK before travel
If you are returning to the UK within 2 days, you can use the result of a COVID-19 test that you take in the UK before you travel. You must use a private test provider for the test and not an NHS test.

The service on which you will arrive back in the UK must set off for the UK within 2 days of when you took the test, or within 2 days of the start of the first leg of your journey for multi-leg journeys.

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: December 7, 2021, 09:45:02 am »
Ok so today is apparently a bank holiday in Italy and all of the pharmacies are shut 🙃

Looks like the airport tomorrow morning is my only option unless anyone knows of where in Milan I can get one today?
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline dug77

• Kemlynite
« Reply #279 on: December 7, 2021, 10:07:32 am »
What pub/bar are most people meeting in before the game?