Author Topic: BT Sport  (Read 179507 times)

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: BT Sport
« Reply #200 on: August 2, 2013, 10:51:57 pm »
Supposedly got this for free as I've BT broadband.  So went through and connected it all tonight via the internet, got the email saying it'll be on in 15 mins at 6pm.  Looking forward to watching a match or two tonight - usually no interest in most foreign footie but a starving man and all that...  And it still isn't on now near 11pm.  Then notice the small print - it may take 24 hrs as opposed to 15mins when busy.

Bit of a gap there BT eh.  15mins to 24 hrs? 

Offline macc

• Kopite
« Reply #201 on: August 2, 2013, 10:59:29 pm »
I got BT Infinity, how can I watch the channel/games?

You can opt in to receive the sports in your BT account...
PSN - pmacc

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: August 2, 2013, 11:09:44 pm »
Mines gone off today even though I signed up and have BR broadband.
Could be that Brendan has took your money and fucked off mate.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: August 2, 2013, 11:13:40 pm »
Read earlier that Virgin are in latter stages of negotiations to provide the package on Virgin Media.

For anyone who's arsed.

http://www.uswitch.com/broadband/news/2013/08/no_deal_yet_for_virgin_media_over_bt_sport/

Or it could be a failure to compromise and its unlikely Virgin subscribers will get their wish. Sorry GinG.

Oh, and yes, what use is ESPN now?!

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: August 2, 2013, 11:19:35 pm »
Hmmm,
Having emailed the fuckers to tell them they are useless they emailed me back and phoned me to say everything was fine and I'll get it, "just log in Mr C".
Bollocks, there's still some clicking round and acceptance together with a "15 minute wait for activation".

I can honestly say a launch couldn't have been handled any worse. Anyone who has endured their site attempting to find out eligibility or ability to register weekly, daily or painstakingly hourly for the last 3-weeks deserves a fucking medal mate.
« Last Edit: August 2, 2013, 11:52:04 pm by John C »

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: August 2, 2013, 11:51:01 pm »
Well, its not as simple as clicking an "opt in tab" and de derrr, hey presto it works.
No mate, the fuckers at BT want you to suffer first. Believe me.

Offline NA_

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: August 2, 2013, 11:51:31 pm »
Supposedly got this for free as I've BT broadband.  So went through and connected it all tonight via the internet, got the email saying it'll be on in 15 mins at 6pm.  Looking forward to watching a match or two tonight - usually no interest in most foreign footie but a starving man and all that...  And it still isn't on now near 11pm.  Then notice the small print - it may take 24 hrs as opposed to 15mins when busy.

Bit of a gap there BT eh.  15mins to 24 hrs?

Power cable out and back in for it to pick up the change?

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: August 3, 2013, 09:35:14 am »
I was on hold for a hour last night trying to register along with trying to reset my BT password because apparently if you don't use 'my by' at all in 3 months then it cancels your password :o
So registered and it came on 10 minutes later so happy days
And apparently if you take out another year of BT  broadband next year you get BT sport for free next season and so on which sounds fucking good to me

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: August 3, 2013, 12:03:28 pm »
David James really is shite pundit. He seems clueless every time he talks.
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #209 on: August 3, 2013, 12:46:08 pm »
Well, its not as simple as clicking an "opt in tab" and de derrr, hey presto it works.

Is right. It's pissing me off now.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: August 3, 2013, 01:52:54 pm »

Just phone them up, me mum did it in 2mins and she can't do anything so it can't be that hard
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #211 on: August 3, 2013, 02:51:08 pm »
Well thank fuck I didn't subscribe to this. Appalling coverage of the testimonial

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #212 on: August 3, 2013, 02:53:39 pm »
Really enjoyed their coverage of Michael Owen's testimonial.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #213 on: August 3, 2013, 02:58:07 pm »
Shite coverage.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #214 on: August 3, 2013, 03:00:55 pm »
Shite coverage.

I think the coverage was good, but they handled few things wrong. Interview on lap of honor, fck off really

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #215 on: August 3, 2013, 03:02:40 pm »

;D
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: August 3, 2013, 03:03:56 pm »

I think you mean Luis Suarez's.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: August 3, 2013, 03:06:14 pm »
Yeh bit dissapointed with the interview on his lap of honour ffs. Got some decent pundits like Macca who will make it at least watchable but fuckinghell how many times did Ray Stubbs need to ask about Suarez. Every time he spoke to someone the tit.

On a side note I think Neil Mellor would be a cracking pundit, seems very natural at it compared to the likes of James and Owen.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #218 on: August 3, 2013, 03:08:29 pm »
That annoyed me a bit.

Owen's boring voice and the 22 seconds of that creepy clip of him commentating on his best goals.
David James. I don't think I'll be able to watch him as a pundit, seems odd.
Stubbs' interviews after the game.

I can't look at James. I'm not sure if it's the hair or the gormless eyes. Why was he hired.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #219 on: August 3, 2013, 03:08:58 pm »
I think the coverage was good, but they handled few things wrong. Interview on lap of honor, fck off really

Yeah, that's what I meant actually.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: August 3, 2013, 03:11:04 pm »
Yeh bit dissapointed with the interview on his lap of honour ffs. Got some decent pundits like Macca who will make it at least watchable but fuckinghell how many times did Ray Stubbs need to ask about Suarez. Every time he spoke to someone the tit.

On a side note I think Neil Mellor would be a cracking pundit, seems very natural at it compared to the likes of James and Owen.
I like Mellor on lfctv, he's good during the youth games. Suspect it will be a few years but wouldn't be surprised to see him as a pundit in the future. 

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: August 3, 2013, 03:12:42 pm »
Can't stand Owen. No matter what he talks about he always find a way to shoehorn in a way to talk about himself and what a great player he was and how he played alongside the best in the world

Offline aditya0912

• Kopite
« Reply #222 on: August 3, 2013, 03:18:53 pm »
The 1 pound for every tweet/retweet containing #thesupportersclub towards charity is nice initiative from them and looks like they are making LFC their first choice club to break into Sky's monopoly
Thank You, Rafa Benitez

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: August 3, 2013, 03:19:11 pm »
Why is Roy Hodgson's smug old face on my tv.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: August 3, 2013, 03:25:59 pm »
Got it for free with other stuff and able to watch the testimonial, there is moaning on here about every channels coverage of sports, never really be good enough for all

Works fine for me, Stoke live from Anfield opening day that I wouldn't have been able to watch otherwise, happy days.
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline lastbaron

• Kopite
« Reply #225 on: August 3, 2013, 03:41:25 pm »
They got most of Olympiacos players' wrong, listed Valverde as manager instead of Michel and Aristeidis Vlachos as the #9 instead of Javier fucking Saviola. a little research wouldn't hurt.

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: August 3, 2013, 03:47:22 pm »
Owens voice just doesn't work for me. Just monotonous...

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #227 on: August 3, 2013, 03:49:50 pm »
I think you mean Luis Suarez's.
no,it was Luis Suarez`s farewell match(according to Jake Humphreys  ::))

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: August 3, 2013, 06:28:33 pm »
Got this sorted on my laptop last night in a few minutes.  Do you need to sign up for bt tv to get it on the telly?  I tried through www.btsport.com on the telly browser but it asks for silverlight which the telly browser doesn't support.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #229 on: August 3, 2013, 07:12:11 pm »
Just phone them up, me mum did it in 2mins and she can't do anything so it can't be that hard
;D

Right, I'm with Sky... what's the best way for me to get BT sport... and the cheapest?
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: August 3, 2013, 07:36:52 pm »
Switch to BT broadband and you get it for free. Otherwise it will cost you £12.50pm IIRC or £15pm for HD

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: August 3, 2013, 07:47:03 pm »
Cheers mate, just did that. Will take 24 hours to switch on!!!
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: August 3, 2013, 07:49:57 pm »
Cheers mate, just did that. Will take 24 hours to switch on!!!
they said that to me last night but it was working 10 minutes later

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: August 3, 2013, 07:52:54 pm »
they said that to me last night but it was working 10 minutes later
Well I downloaded and installed Silverlight, but all I get is a blank screen when I click on one of the three scheduled channels.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #234 on: August 3, 2013, 07:58:15 pm »
;D

Right, I'm with Sky... what's the best way for me to get BT sport... and the cheapest?
Ring BT Sport with your Sky Viewing Card number. Pay £15 admin fee and then £12 a month with free HD. IIRC you can do it online at BT Sport as well...
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: August 3, 2013, 08:01:28 pm »
BTW I'm trying to watch through their web channels not Sky/Virgin etc. Hopefully because it is the w/end might take 24 hours.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: August 3, 2013, 08:18:38 pm »
Its ok mate, I've well sorted it, but it gives you repetitive syndrome disorder in your finger due to clicking and clicking and clicking ...... my mouse actually tried to run away.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #237 on: August 3, 2013, 10:00:40 pm »

Yup...I look at my account and it says I have BT Broadband..yet should I try and get the app or my PC to run it, apparently, according to the same website, yet a different part...I dont have BT Broadbank. Fuck me. Wish I hadnt have bothered changing to them. Been a farce from the off. Signed up on the 3rd of July, and finally got turned on, well partly, 3 days ago!
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #238 on: August 4, 2013, 11:17:08 am »
I signed up on line yesterday (I dont have BT internet) and it took minutes.  I can watch on tv via sky box, on line and on my ipad - all no problem
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline fingermouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: August 4, 2013, 11:42:04 am »
Word of warning, If you have sky multiroom you can only watch bt sport on one telly. Anyone else noticed this?