Author Topic: BT Sport  (Read 179630 times)

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: BT Sport
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2013, 10:13:25 pm »
Is anyone here on Quidco ? Can you do me a favour ?

The Quidco offer for BT Infinity is now £100 Sainsburys gift card + £120 cashback. However, when I click on the "get cashback" I don't see all there BT Infinity packages. Crucially, Unlimited BT Infinity 1 doesn't appear on the list. Does anyone else not see it either ?

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2013, 09:55:13 pm »
Is anyone here on Quidco ? Can you do me a favour ?

The Quidco offer for BT Infinity is now £100 Sainsburys gift card + £120 cashback. However, when I click on the "get cashback" I don't see all there BT Infinity packages. Crucially, Unlimited BT Infinity 1 doesn't appear on the list. Does anyone else not see it either ?

Nope not included. The four plans are each listed in the "legal stuff" section at the bottom.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2013, 10:07:00 pm »
Nope not included. The four plans are each listed in the "legal stuff" section at the bottom.

Thought it wasn't just me (and some crazy cookie cache thing). Quidco have apparently confirmed that not all packages are available either.

Still, even Unlimited Infinity 2 with £120 cashback and £100 Sainsbury's gift card still works out at about £6pm cheaper than Sky Fibre and I get BT Sport free and faster speeds than Sky Fibre.

Offline kmo1969

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
BT Sport
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2013, 12:25:10 am »
Thinking of ditching Sky for this and wondering does anyone know if they have a facility similar to sky's magic eye?
"When I decided to sign a new contract I did it because Liverpool Football Club is more than a club. It is the heart of the city. It is our life and for the people here it means so much. I thought I had to sign. We have to fight. We have to do it."

"Hello, a big heart has space for everyone. Thank you."

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
Re: Re: BT Sport
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2013, 09:36:10 am »
Thought it wasn't just me (and some crazy cookie cache thing). Quidco have apparently confirmed that not all packages are available either.

Still, even Unlimited Infinity 2 with £120 cashback and £100 Sainsbury's gift card still works out at about £6pm cheaper than Sky Fibre and I get BT Sport free and faster speeds than Sky Fibre.

Bit the bullet last night and switched to BT Infinity via Quidco. Good job I did as the cashback is now a mere £10

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2013, 06:45:34 pm »
Virgin hasn't come to an agreement to air this station yet. Is it even going to be done before season starts?

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2013, 11:32:07 pm »
Can anyone tell me how to get the BTSport app for Android?
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2013, 07:09:18 am »
Virgin Media customer here who is tied into a contract which is nowhere near ready to be cancelled yet and so spent yesterday afternoon on the phone to VM and BT to see what my options are. BT told me that BT Sports is to be made available online/via their app to absolutely anybody regardless of who they happen to be a TV or broadband customer with. It's a £12 a month 30-day rolling contract deal. I knew of the online/app service, but that service being available to anybody who wants it as monthly subscription was really news to me. Has anybody else been told the same? Because it sounds a little bit too good to be true.

Offline thomasfrances1

• Main Stander
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2013, 07:57:23 am »
Virgin Media customer here who is tied into a contract which is nowhere near ready to be cancelled yet and so spent yesterday afternoon on the phone to VM and BT to see what my options are. BT told me that BT Sports is to be made available online/via their app to absolutely anybody regardless of who they happen to be a TV or broadband customer with. It's a £12 a month 30-day rolling contract deal. I knew of the online/app service, but that service being available to anybody who wants it as monthly subscription was really news to me. Has anybody else been told the same? Because it sounds a little bit too good to be true.

I'm in the same boat mate.

I hadn't heard that either. It seems to good an offer, as surely everyone would just take up that offer. It's probably around the same price as it would be on Virgin anyway.

I want BT like, but can't be arsed moving companies and all that.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2013, 12:00:47 am »
Virgin hasn't come to an agreement to air this station yet. Is it even going to be done before season starts?
It doesn't look like it, in fact I'm not even sure it was close to doing so. It's been a straightforward Sky platform since the beginning.
I can see Virgin losing a few customers.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2013, 12:09:01 am »
It doesn't look like it, in fact I'm not even sure it was close to doing so. It's been a straightforward Sky platform since the beginning.
I can see Virgin losing a few customers.

I've just joined up to Virgin since 1st June. Fucked then. :butt

Offline Armless Joe Gambino

• Will stone fred at the drop of a hat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2013, 06:35:49 am »
Just updated the channels on my "dodgy" sat TV box and BT sport is there....

Same here but not broadcasting anything at the moment. Does anyone know if BT/ESPN and Setanta will be showing the same games?
Same question for the Rugby Union, Championship and Heineken Cup.

On more or less the same note does anyone have any experience with the portable internet box that gives you all the Al Jazeera sport channels?
In my day everbody drank and smoked and nobody took drugs. . . . . .

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2013, 06:46:37 am »

I phoned them up the other day (virgin that is) to cancel my tv subscription with 7 months remaining. They said it would cost 93 quid to cancel and despite telling him sly were basically offering me half price tv for 12 months, he said the best deal he could do was knock a fiver off my bill (93-88). Seriously considering it though because there just isn't aypny value right now with Virgin, I don't have the HD pack or the movies, I have 60meg BB and evening and weekend calls and it comes to 93 quid plus say a tenner calls made outside my evening and weekends time so that like 100 quid lets say. I did a comparison on sky and for 80 quid for 6 months I get the best tv package on offer, the best phone (unlimited calls 24/7) and there broadband which is 39 meg apparently, but a decent router and no throttling, plus a 2 TB sky box and free bt sport voucher thingies for a whole year, after that 6 months it goes up to 105, still,better value than VM.

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2013, 08:05:31 am »
For what it's worth... the person I spoke to at VM the other day understandably couldn't give me a definitive answer on whether or not they were getting BT Sport, but they did give me about 500 positive not to subtle hints that the answer was yes. They told me not to do anything until August 1st because an announcement which would interest me greatly was coming that day. They never hinted at exactly what the announcement would be though.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2013, 05:48:44 pm »
Can someone just clarify if I'll get this for free or not as I have BT Infinity already?
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2013, 08:46:33 pm »
Can someone just clarify if I'll get this for free or not as I have BT Infinity already?

99% sure you do but you need to phone BT up to get connected
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2013, 09:06:24 pm »

My father is with BT broadband. BT Sport is free for existing BT broadband customers via Sky (all you need to do is give them your viewing card number I think) and the online app / player is also free.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2013, 09:46:50 pm »
Yes, it won't just be added though, you need to go on line in a few days a opt in - so committing yourself for another 12-months.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2013, 12:11:37 am »
with Virgin myself and just doesn't seem worth the hassle for the sake of a few games. I've told myself to listen to more Radio coverage this season. Miss that.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2013, 10:16:27 am »
I signed up last night, just added to my sky package as I don't want to change broadband.

At the moment it's £12 a month including HD, apparently this is only an early discount and the HD price will go up to £15 per month after Aug 1st.  Not sure if that’s true or not but if you are planning on getting the channels it's probably worth doing ASAP.

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2013, 10:25:32 am »
BT Sport set to strike Virgin Media carriage deal
29 July, 2013 | By Peter White

Virgin Media is poised to close a deal to carry BT Sport’s three sports channels on its cable TV platform, making them available to a further 4m potential customers.

The two companies have been in negotiations for a number of months but both have been keen to strike a deal ahead of BT Sport’s launch on Thursday 1 August.

BT Sport has the rights to the Scottish Premier League, which begins its season on Friday 2 August,and wanted to have carriage on Virgin in time for its first TV game - Partick Thistle versus Dundee United - so as not to alienate football fans who are VM customers. The English Premier League season starts on August 17th.

One of the sticking points of negotiations has been whether Virgin will bundle the new channels in with its TV XL premium package - as was previously the case with ESPN - or whether it will charge for them as a standalone product.

It is not clear which route has been taken, but a Virgin Media spokesman said: We’re always looking bring the best possible value and choice of great quality content to our customers and we’re talking to BT about how we could potentially make the forthcoming BT Sport package available.”

Earlier this year, Virgin Media sent an online survey out to customers asking whether they would be willing to pay slightly more for their top package if it were to include Premier League football and Sky Atlantic, which could pave the way for this move.

BT Sport is being sold as a standalone channel on the Sky platform for £12 a month in SD and £15 a month in HD.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/broadcasters/bt-sport-set-to-strike-virgin-media-carriage-deal/5058746.article?blocktitle=LATEST-NEWS&contentID=870
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2013, 03:45:39 pm »
Signed up to this on Sky a few days ago, looking forward to seeing how it is, mainly for the football and UFC.

Speaking of the football, I found a BT press release that mentions "380 games from Serie A in HD, 380 games from Ligue 1 in HD, and over 100 games from the Brazilian leagues" - wondering how they're going to show all them, I guess most will be on the online player? Doesn't seem nearly enough time or space even with 3 channels.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2013, 04:39:29 pm »
would love it if virgin bundle it in with the XL package

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2013, 07:30:26 pm »
Me too seeing though ESPN is less attractive now and unless I'm wrong it doesn't seem to be free with Broadband infinity.

It doesn't matter how much I click around on their site it always takes me to pay button.

Has anyone with Infinity managed to add it without payment?

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2013, 07:53:08 pm »

Hopefully we'll find out before Stevie's Testimonial! If they don't throw it in, it surely must be at a reduced cost? Like £6 a month or something.

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2013, 08:01:41 pm »
Me too seeing though ESPN is less attractive now and unless I'm wrong it doesn't seem to be free with Broadband infinity.

It doesn't matter how much I click around on their site it always takes me to pay button.

Has anyone with Infinity managed to add it without payment?

Sky's deal with ESPN finishes tomorrow and BT's starts Thursday.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 08:07:10 pm by Swissgaz »
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2013, 08:27:56 pm »
how do i order bt sports if im with sky? also, i think its already been confirmed but do i need to take out 2 subscriptions with bt sports if i want it for a multi room box?

edit: just found details on sky 413 D'oh
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 08:31:25 pm by Teapot »

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2013, 11:27:22 pm »
how do i order bt sports if im with sky? also, i think its already been confirmed but do i need to take out 2 subscriptions with bt sports if i want it for a multi room box?

edit: just found details on sky 413 D'oh
For multiroom I was told it can't be done. You can only activate one card number, but it can be any box, whichever you want BT on. I don't see what stops them doing 2 separate subscriptions if anyone wanted to pay twice, but they didn't mention that when I asked.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2013, 11:57:21 pm »
For multiroom I was told it can't be done. You can only activate one card number, but it can be any box, whichever you want BT on. I don't see what stops them doing 2 separate subscriptions if anyone wanted to pay twice, but they didn't mention that when I asked.
They told me I had to pay for each Sky box and I had to give them my viewing card number....
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2013, 08:35:00 am »
Will virgin give it to xl tv customers as per espn? that's all I want to know, come on virgin do the right thing!!!!
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2013, 10:38:18 am »
Will be ecstatic it if Virgin throw it in with the XL package as that's very costly compared to Sky when you consider you don't get Sky Atlantic either

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2013, 11:01:34 am »
Will virgin give it to xl tv customers as per espn? that's all I want to know, come on virgin do the right thing!!!!

that's what i'm hoping as we're losing ESPN anyway so there's less value in the XL package now.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2013, 12:03:07 pm »
Gonna have to cough up £13 a month to have it added onto my SKY it seems, damn!!

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2013, 02:53:10 pm »
I had to pay £12 per month plus a £15 activation fee as a Sky customer, BTSport have a much better football package than ESPN, including Gerrard's testimonial there's five games on this weekend.  I have got free HD for a year, although HD come as standard via ESPN.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2013, 03:18:52 pm »
So if I want BT sports on 2 sky boxes, I have to pay twice? So 2 x £12 a month? Or is it just you have to pay for each activation but you just pay the £12 a month after that for all boxes? I'm a tad confused

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2013, 05:05:56 pm »
So if I want BT sports on 2 sky boxes, I have to pay twice? So 2 x £12 a month? Or is it just you have to pay for each activation but you just pay the £12 a month after that for all boxes? I'm a tad confused

BT are not offering multi room they state on their FAQ's that the Sky Multiroom service can't be used to access BT Sport on more than one Sky set-top box.

So you you have to pay two for two subscriptions.

Here is the link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44485/~/will-bt-sport-have-multi-room%3F
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2013, 05:39:31 pm »
i can also confirm you cant get multi room subscription, only 1 subscription per house hold at the minute, the chick did say you can watch the channel via the internet at the same time.

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2013, 05:42:46 pm »

So you have to pay two for two subscriptions.

the chick on the phone didnt mention 2 subscriptions, going to ring them back here.

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2013, 06:00:42 pm »
just off the phone with them again, i was told i cant take out a second subscription for the multi room box stating that it cant be done, apparently its something they are looking into at present. so only 1 subscription per house hold.  :-\

Offline Swissgaz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2013, 06:06:01 pm »
just off the phone with them again, i was told i cant take out a second subscription for the multi room box stating that it cant be done, apparently its something they are looking into at present. so only 1 subscription per house hold.  :-\

One customer has managed to force it through but it is the exception rather than the rule

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport/BT-Sport-and-Sky-Multiroom-farcical/m-p/931936/highlight/true#M2389