Author Topic: Stefan Bajčetić  (Read 172939 times)

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Stefan Bajčetić
« Reply #1280 on: March 26, 2023, 04:32:16 am »
He's off to Al Nassr?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #1281 on: April 26, 2023, 10:10:16 pm »
Thought I'd give this a bump just to remind everyone how good he was in his few matches. 

Is it possible with a healthy Badger and a healthy Jones (BIG if), that we could get by with only ONE new young athletic midfielder for next season?  Especially with TAA sort of slotting in as a false MF? 

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1282 on: April 26, 2023, 10:14:50 pm »
Thought I'd give this a bump just to remind everyone how good he was in his few matches. 

Is it possible with a healthy Badger and a healthy Jones (BIG if), that we could get by with only ONE new young athletic midfielder for next season?  Especially with TAA sort of slotting in as a false MF?

We still need two, a dm and an 8. Fabinho has been ok recently, but we shouldn't be content with ok, we need a physical presence in there who can compete with the best athletes in football, and still play a bit with the ball, we faced a good example of one today in Declan Rice.

Offline L.Suarez

• Kopite
  • When there snow hope, support.
« Reply #1283 on: April 27, 2023, 08:19:52 pm »
Can't seem to find what is the expected time he's gonna be sidelined with his injury, only that he won''t feature until the end of the current season, but will he be good to go for the pre-season?

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1284 on: April 27, 2023, 10:39:26 pm »
Can't seem to find what is the expected time he's gonna be sidelined with his injury, only that he won''t feature until the end of the current season, but will he be good to go for the pre-season?
I would think that plan for him to be ready for the preseason but it a stress type injury so might take some time.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #1285 on: April 28, 2023, 10:15:10 am »
If this kid was playing at Barcelona or Dortmund, the press would be putting a price tag of over £100 million on his head.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1286 on: May 14, 2023, 08:16:17 am »
Just gonna give this a bump. He’s phenomenal I reckon.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline skidz73

• Kind Kenny... what a gent...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #1287 on: May 14, 2023, 09:36:20 am »

Great composure, and finds space where you think there is none. Any incomings need to balance against his development.
By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1288 on: May 14, 2023, 10:01:37 am »

Thought he’d had an injury set back when I saw his name - just goes to show how this season has bred pessimism. ;D

It’ll be interesting to see how he develops, particularly if we bring in a number 6.

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #1289 on: May 14, 2023, 12:22:30 pm »

Agree

He was our best mid for that stint he was playing.
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1290 on: May 14, 2023, 12:25:15 pm »

Yes he had a great little run, very special indeed, early days and that but fingers crossed for him, hope he gets to learn a bit more from Tiago next season

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1291 on: May 14, 2023, 01:09:12 pm »
Should be the first name on the team sheet for the Europa League, League Cup, and FA Cup. Also rotated into the PL team for midweek games to rest our first choice DM. There should be 20-30 starts for him across all competitions next season.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1292 on: May 14, 2023, 01:25:13 pm »
Could potentially be our first choice defensive midfielder for a decade as long as he stays injury free. I'd also like to see him gradually brought into the side, simply because we don't want to overplay him at a young age, but he looks like he has the grit, technique and composure to be our number one DM by this time next year.

Offline pascoli

• Shit Googler & Easily Amused Bar Steward...
  • Legacy Fan
  • PER ARDUA AD ASTRA
« Reply #1293 on: June 9, 2023, 11:27:19 pm »
Another bump for the lad who could save us millions.  . .tremendous talent and was a starter in most games before his injury.
INTERNET TERRORIST. AND PROUD TOO.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1294 on: June 10, 2023, 12:00:36 am »
How about giving the kid a chance?

He is a young kid a million miles from being a first-team starter., let the kid develop
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1295 on: June 10, 2023, 03:43:25 am »
Agreed, should be at the bottom of our midfield depth chart next season if we know what we're doing. Will still see plenty of action in Europe and cups.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1296 on: June 10, 2023, 08:15:12 am »
Mario Gotze used to get a lot of starts.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1297 on: June 10, 2023, 08:31:44 am »
A million miles you say, didn't look like that when he played and I believe were he not injured, we'd have qualified for the CL.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1298 on: June 10, 2023, 09:06:44 am »
If he was at Barca we'd be wishing he could start for us every game (how old is Bellingham by the way??).  Age doesn't matter, if you are good enough, you are good enough!
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1299 on: June 10, 2023, 09:07:31 am »

He is a young kid a million miles from being a first-team starter., let the kid develop

Definitely top 10 on the incredibly long list of Al's mental takes.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1300 on: June 10, 2023, 09:20:17 am »
Definitely top 10 on the incredibly long list of Al's mental takes.

Dortmund gave 17-year-old Jude Bellingham a chance and now some of our fans are pissing their pants that he lead our club a merry dance last summer (apparently) ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 09:22:39 am by Aldo1988 »

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1301 on: June 10, 2023, 09:27:19 am »

You think he’s that far away? I thought he was one of our best midfielders last year, can’t wait to see him develop next year, I think he’ll get a fair amount of minutes and not look out of place.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1302 on: June 10, 2023, 09:32:28 am »
You think he’s that far away? I thought he was one of our best midfielders last year, can’t wait to see him develop next year, I think he’ll get a fair amount of minutes and not look out of place.
Surely he just wants little pressure on a young player so they can develop naturally?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1303 on: June 10, 2023, 09:36:16 am »
Surely he just wants little pressure on a young player so they can develop naturally?

He specially says a million miles away from the first team, pretty black and white. I disagree completely, it’s not about giving him time to develop, that’s a given under Klopp, but about what he’s shown at 18 already, which based on the evidence to date, is he’s not far away at all.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1304 on: June 10, 2023, 09:38:09 am »

Bellingham was starting for Dortmund at 17 and look how he turned out.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1305 on: June 10, 2023, 09:40:15 am »
Yes, and players are different and develop at different rates.

Bajcetic has just suffered a stress injury from physical over load at a young age.

Give him time.

He has bags of potential, but we mustn’t  force it.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1306 on: June 10, 2023, 09:40:56 am »

It is a lesson in caution as he’s played so many minutes he could burn out early etc. see Owen and many others.

But I agree, if you’re good enough Klopp will give you your chance.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1307 on: June 10, 2023, 09:43:57 am »
Our best midfielder for me. The "let him develop" calls are bang on as long as development is done in the starting 11. Doesn't need to play 50 games a season but he should be starting our most important games. The kids got it all.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1308 on: June 10, 2023, 09:45:41 am »

Saying give the kid a chance is absolutely fine, as is not wanting to put pressure on him.

Then in the next breath to say he's a million miles away from being a starter (when he clearly isn't) is doing the exact opposite of giving him a chance.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1309 on: June 10, 2023, 11:09:28 am »
Saying give the kid a chance is absolutely fine, as is not wanting to put pressure on him.

Then in the next breath to say he's a million miles away from being a starter (when he clearly isn't) is doing the exact opposite of giving him a chance.

Physically it's possible he's a long way away given what just happened.

Talent and mentality wise he was comfortably our best performing 6 last season.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #1310 on: June 10, 2023, 11:17:36 am »
You don't develop with splinters in your arse.  I'm sure Klopp and the team will carefully manage the physical load on him post-injury but I'm sure he will be playing plenty.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1311 on: June 10, 2023, 12:53:11 pm »

Exactly look at what happened to Jones and Elliott last season, both were written off.

Bajcetic is a wonderful talent but he needs to be nurtured. He is still learning his role in midfield after playing as a centre-back. A year ago he was playing U18 football. The brutal reality is that if we are building a squad to compete at the highest level then Bajcetic will be lucky to make the bench never mind being a regular first-team starter.

Look at how long it took Phil Foden to become a regular starter at City.

We need to be patient and allow Bajcetic to develop his game and above all become physically strong enough to compete in the Premier League.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1312 on: June 11, 2023, 01:45:57 am »
Physically it's possible he's a long way away given what just happened.

Talent and mentality wise he was comfortably our best performing 6 last season.
Having him in a position to play also physicality get used to the demand that is top flight football is important and get playing time.
I would think Klopp wants to play him but also manage his minutes, which would likely mean more reserve role over the season doesnt mean he wont start etc.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1313 on: June 11, 2023, 07:59:37 am »
I think the aim should be to give him 20-30 starts over the domestic cups, Europa League, and PL. That's plenty to aid his development without putting too much strain on his body.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1314 on: June 11, 2023, 12:08:37 pm »
I think the aim should be to give him 20-30 starts over the domestic cups, Europa League, and PL. That's plenty to aid his development without putting too much strain on his body.

Not sure there's any kind of quota. It depends on his physical condition and whether he trains well and is actually better than the other players there. I was very impressed, and could see him easily getting another 20 or so appearances next season, similar to this season. That being said, there's no guarantees in anything. He needs to first and foremost, be in good condition and train well to earn his spot.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #1315 on: June 11, 2023, 01:05:07 pm »
I genuinely thought he was as impressive as Fabregas was, when he first broke through. He’s got everything required to be amongst the very best in the world.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline RedBlakey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1316 on: June 11, 2023, 08:49:17 pm »
Out of interest, was he running games at the age group levels and looked a level above everyone else?  I remember watching Sterling play youth games back in the day and you could just tell he was going to make it, was Bajcetic the same?
Never seen him playing I think. But looks like a good player.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1317 on: June 11, 2023, 08:59:29 pm »
Out of interest, was he running games at the age group levels and looked a level above everyone else?  I remember watching Sterling play youth games back in the day and you could just tell he was going to make it, was Bajcetic the same?
Not really no. His passing and ball carrying were good but I wouldn't say he was a massive stand out like say Jones or Trent were, but he also didn't play that many matches, like probably low single figures, out of centre back that would have been shown in full

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1318 on: June 11, 2023, 09:00:30 pm »
Not really no. His passing and ball carrying were good but I wouldn't say he was a massive stand out like say Jones or Trent were, but he also didn't play that many matches, like probably low single figures, out of centre back that would have been shown in full
Wasn't he impressive in the preseason though?

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1319 on: June 11, 2023, 09:05:02 pm »
Wasn't he impressive in the preseason though?

I think the main impression has been when he has been training with the first team. Klopp loves getting the kids involved in first-team training and Bajcetic by all accounts has stood out.
"Ohhh-kayyy"