Author Topic: Some insight and perspective on Jurgen Klopp  (Read 29835 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Some insight and perspective on Jurgen Klopp
« Reply #200 on: March 18, 2017, 08:55:10 am »
There is a interview on Soccer Saturday with Jurgen Klopp, here is a taste of it.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10805367/jurgen-klopp-confident-premier-league-success-will-come-at-liverpool
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #201 on: March 19, 2017, 07:08:43 pm »
I'm so in love with his record in big games.

In all comps since he took over P24 W12 D11 L1  42:20

This season vs Top 7                P11 W6 D5           17 : 9

1 single defeat in 24 games is so insane. Today's performance made me so proud because whenever we go away to big grounds we hold our own more often than not win or be closer to win. The best indicator of this is how people are taking it for granted and are even angry we didn't win today.

If you have a good memory you'll remember that under Rafa, Ged, Rodgers whenever we went away to big teams it was usually two banks of four, counter-attacks and usually you'd get the feeling of us being a bit inferior. That has changed dramatically under Klopp and we are so much more competitive in these games. It makes me proud because it's against teams that invest so much more yet we still muster to field plenty players who are just as skilled and good as theirs. Long may this continue.

And also what's really outstanding about this is our defensive record in these games - overall it's been 0.83 goals conceded per game and 0.82 this season. It's a very good record. Shame we can't defend like this against teams that like to have the ball in the air much more.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: March 19, 2017, 08:59:06 pm »
I'm so in love with his record in big games.

In all comps since he took over P24 W12 D11 L1  42:20

This season vs Top 7                P11 W6 D5           17 : 9

1 single defeat in 24 games is so insane. Today's performance made me so proud because whenever we go away to big grounds we hold our own more often than not win or be closer to win. The best indicator of this is how people are taking it for granted and are even angry we didn't win today.

If you have a good memory you'll remember that under Rafa, Ged, Rodgers whenever we went away to big teams it was usually two banks of four, counter-attacks and usually you'd get the feeling of us being a bit inferior. That has changed dramatically under Klopp and we are so much more competitive in these games. It makes me proud because it's against teams that invest so much more yet we still muster to field plenty players who are just as skilled and good as theirs. Long may this continue.

And also what's really outstanding about this is our defensive record in these games - overall it's been 0.83 goals conceded per game and 0.82 this season. It's a very good record. Shame we can't defend like this against teams that like to have the ball in the air much more.

Top, top post some need to read this as I find it hard to believe that tonight someone has already questioned how long the manager should get. Maybe you need to put this on the main game thread mate.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: March 19, 2017, 09:07:07 pm »
Top, top post some need to read this as I find it hard to believe that tonight someone has already questioned how long the manager should get. Maybe you need to put this on the main game thread mate.

I remember someone posting a thread during half time in a recent game, where they were pretty much suggesting that we sack Klopp and bring Rafa back. I love Rafa for everything he did for us, but it was so pathetic and kneekjerky, not to mention that it would be insanity to lose Klopp so early on.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: March 19, 2017, 09:14:30 pm »
I remember someone posting a thread during half time in a recent game, where they were pretty much suggesting that we sack Klopp and bring Rafa back. I love Rafa for everything he did for us, but it was so pathetic and kneekjerky, not to mention that it would be insanity to lose Klopp so early on.

I know totally mad. I still have to remind myself that this is still his first full season here, and he has already improved us so much. Another couple of years down the line how much better could we be? I am just so excited for our future now, can't wait for what comes next. Just a pain we now have an international break.  :butt

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #205 on: March 19, 2017, 09:36:28 pm »
We competed really well today and it was a fantastic game, but Klopp was absolutely gutted we hadn't won. He is a real winner and with a few more players to complete his squad we are really going places. The consistency will come against the other teams, I'm sure of it. I wouldn't want anyone else!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: March 19, 2017, 09:42:07 pm »
I know totally mad. I still have to remind myself that this is still his first full season here, and he has already improved us so much. Another couple of years down the line how much better could we be? I am just so excited for our future now, can't wait for what comes next. Just a pain we now have an international break.  :butt

At least it gives Henderson time to recover for the derby.