Author Topic: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance  (Read 198726 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Reply #4320 on: Yesterday at 09:02:02 am »
Looking ahead (which is always foolish)…

How will that Villa game for us and the rivals games against Spurs play out? In theory we want Spurs to be going for top 4 when they play Arsenal and City (in the final week of the season). But that can only happen if Villa are still not sure if qualification either, meaning we’d have to go there with them needing something from that game rather than being safe.

We can’t have it both ways so either we play Villa when they’ve secured 4th meaning Spurs might not be too intensity when they play City. Or Villa won’t have it sewn up meaning we’d have to go there and get what would probably be our best away win of the season.

Too far off to worry about just yet, but if we get to that stage with everything still on the line it’s going to be an intense few days!

Online Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4321 on: Yesterday at 09:08:08 am »
I would love to see some evidence that shows scoring a goal excludes scoring a goal a few minutes later. The reality is that scoring a goal increases the chances of scoring another goal.

I think you know that this is a very silly post, Al, but I'll explain anyway. Chaos theory tells us that we wouldn't have scored the goal we did a minute after the Odegaard incident. It would have been a completely different reality that we were operating in, so to say we'd have found ourselves 2-1 up at that point doesn't make sense. If the handball had come after our goal, you'd have a point. As the saying goes, a VAR ref making a decision made in Stockley Park, could cause a tornado to occur in Liverpool. Or something.

Fair point from AIAR that there's enough ref chat in here though. Probably enough basic theoretical physics too 😅
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4322 on: Yesterday at 09:17:15 am »
It's not in our hands so we can only focus on the next game.

We've not been playing well enough to look beyond that but hopefully the last two away wins are the starting point for our return to form.

Offline Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4323 on: Yesterday at 09:19:06 am »
Looking ahead (which is always foolish)…

How will that Villa game for us and the rivals games against Spurs play out? In theory we want Spurs to be going for top 4 when they play Arsenal and City (in the final week of the season). But that can only happen if Villa are still not sure if qualification either, meaning we’d have to go there with them needing something from that game rather than being safe.

We can’t have it both ways so either we play Villa when they’ve secured 4th meaning Spurs might not be too intensity when they play City. Or Villa won’t have it sewn up meaning we’d have to go there and get what would probably be our best away win of the season.

Too far off to worry about just yet, but if we get to that stage with everything still on the line it’s going to be an intense few days!

We need to win all our games either way I think. So best not to think about it too deeply on our side. Hopefully Villa have a really attritional couple of weeks and Spurs stay in the hunt and hungry. Crucially we play Villa the night before Spurs play City. We can do them a favour and send them into the City with something on the line.

It's Spurs though - so I expect nothing from them.

And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #4324 on: Yesterday at 09:41:40 am »
Personally I’d just take this a game at a time. That’s my thinking anyway.

The win yesterday keeps us in the race. As it stands we need a win at Everton to stay in the race. Not trying to think too much beyond that. Other results may mean we don’t need to win all 6 or may mean 6 wins is only good enough for 3rd.

Not worth worrying about that currently. Just win the next game (in my opinion our biggest game of the season before a ball is kicked) and take it from there.

I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4325 on: Yesterday at 09:45:46 am »
If we learned one thing over the past 7 years, it is not to torture yourself over other's results. Yes, we'll be looking out for Arsenal this week and taking a note of City at Brighton but all we can do is win our games.

We were not completely rebuilt last summer and must be 99% of all fans did not expect a title charge this season. We absolutely have to put everything into the last 5. The common 'Derby draw' that Everton sometimes eke out will not be enough for us, so we have to go for it even more.

End of the day, these are the last games of Jurgen Klopp, it will come down to nerve, finishing, thank Fowler we have Trent back and looking good again.

These are good times to be a Red, as I fully believe the backroom set up for next season is looking excellent, with a coach to come.

But this is Jurgen's last lap, let's enjoy it.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #4326 on: Yesterday at 09:50:48 am »
I can see one of Arsenal/City dropping points but maybe not both but still we need to win all our remaining games and hope

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #4327 on: Yesterday at 11:12:27 am »
Got to run with Gravenberch again, Mac and Curtis.

Endo looks exhausted and Gravenberch looked great.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4328 on: Yesterday at 11:31:21 am »
I can see one of Arsenal/City dropping points but maybe not both but still we need to win all our remaining games and hope

They can both lose to Spurs. We can beat Villa in the penultimate game to give Spurs the incentive to go and beat City in order to secure 4th.
There you go, job done :)

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4329 on: Yesterday at 12:52:51 pm »
They can both lose to Spurs. We can beat Villa in the penultimate game to give Spurs the incentive to go and beat City in order to secure 4th.
There you go, job done :)

Unlikey to lose but they can draw.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4330 on: Yesterday at 12:59:34 pm »
I think you know that this is a very silly post, Al, but I'll explain anyway. Chaos theory tells us that we wouldn't have scored the goal we did a minute after the Odegaard incident. It would have been a completely different reality that we were operating in, so to say we'd have found ourselves 2-1 up at that point doesn't make sense. If the handball had come after our goal, you'd have a point. As the saying goes, a VAR ref making a decision made in Stockley Park, could cause a tornado to occur in Liverpool. Or something.

Fair point from AIAR that there's enough ref chat in here though. Probably enough basic theoretical physics too 😅

It's just as nonsensical to claim that we definitely wouldn't have scored a couple of minutes later as it is to claim we definitely would have. Alternate realities and timelines, sure, but the reality of football is that the Anfield crowd goes up a notch or three with the [probable] goal and Arsenal faces a sustained period of intense pressure. What I'm saying is, you're both wrong. :P

Offline Andy2508

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4331 on: Yesterday at 01:07:16 pm »
Palmer not training for Chelsea today due to sickness, makes Arsenals job a bit easier if he's not deemed to be fit to play

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4332 on: Yesterday at 01:12:03 pm »
Palmer not training for Chelsea today due to sickness, makes Arsenals job a bit easier if he's not deemed to be fit to play

I swear to christ Arsenal must be the luckiest team ever. Absolutely everything falls for them this season.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Andy2508

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4333 on: Yesterday at 01:13:56 pm »
I swear to christ Arsenal must be the luckiest team ever. Absolutely everything falls for them this season.

It certainly does feel that way! Suppose all we can do is keep winning our games and hope they and City mess up somewhere. Could do with them facing fully strength teams mind!

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4334 on: Yesterday at 01:34:10 pm »
Let’s not worry about Arsenal at this stage.

Sure Palmer plays tomorrow.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4335 on: Yesterday at 01:37:22 pm »
villa play a high line & leave space.
actually think that one miht not be as hard as people think

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4336 on: Yesterday at 01:40:57 pm »
Beat Everton, that’s the only thing we can control. Play well, get the three points, and see what the others do.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #4337 on: Yesterday at 01:53:49 pm »
It's not in our hands so we can only focus on the next game.

We've not been playing well enough to look beyond that but hopefully the last two away wins are the starting point for our return to form.
The entire picture could change for good or bad between Tuesday and Thursday. Arsenal' should' beat Chelsea on Tuesday, but it's not a given. We will doubtless get involved in a scrap with Everton on Wednesday. You would expect the cheats to then win on Thursday.

If all 3 teams win, the cheats keep their advantage and become more likely to win the league. However, we could have a scenario where we're effectively eliminated from contention, or one where it's in our hands with 4 games to play, leading us all to wonder why we were so downbeat  :o

If it was a straight fight between us and Arsenal, it would be a fantastic run in as both sides could definitely drop points. A shame that there's a cheating interloper.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:56:47 pm by 1892tillforever »

Offline Stevo

• Not unique in his worship of Erik Meijer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4338 on: Yesterday at 02:43:01 pm »
It's just as nonsensical to claim that we definitely wouldn't have scored a couple of minutes later as it is to claim we definitely would have. Alternate realities and timelines, sure, but the reality of football is that the Anfield crowd goes up a notch or three with the [probable] goal and Arsenal faces a sustained period of intense pressure. What I'm saying is, you're both wrong. :P

But we did score, and then we didn’t build on it. Why would it have been different if the penalty had been awarded?

In any case, if Trent’s shot is 2 inches lower in the second half we probably go on to win, it was in our hands

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
« Reply #4339 on: Yesterday at 02:52:37 pm »
Chelsea seem so inconsistent, it's either win 5-0 or get completely thumped. Most of the former is thanks to Cole Palmer, who has probably injured his shoulders from carrying everyone else in that team.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4340 on: Yesterday at 08:06:24 pm »
so Adam & James to start against AD with Macka textin bros to step it up?
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #4341 on: Yesterday at 08:38:33 pm »
James Milner, last minute winner from the spot......
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4342 on: Yesterday at 10:50:34 pm »
Can anyone link or provide Klopp's points totals in the last 10 games for each year he has been in charge of us?

I can't find it from so many pages ago