Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Cpt)
« Last post by Clint Eastwood on Today at 11:35:51 am »
Van Dijk: “Arne Slot is one of the better Dutch coaches at the moment”.

“With the way he plays, the philosophy he has, he can be a Liverpool coach”.

“But I read and hear that it is far from complete. We shall see. We will focus on that next season, still a long way off”.

I don’t know when or where he said that but apparently he did. Pretty much confirms it all. Anyway, “one of the better Dutch coaches at the moment” isn’t much of an endorsement :D
Yeah, there's plenty to be positive about this season, but I'm really not here for the "we'd all have taken this position at the start of the season" shouts to be honest. Dropping points in one or two games during the run-in like in 18-19 and 22-23 is a shrug shoulders, take plenty of pride moment. The way we have capitulated in the past month against some very average teams certainly isn't.
While I try to look at the more positive side to things, you have a point that really shouldn't be dismissed. The lack of drive, ideas and fight recently has been alarming. Particularly when you consider that our worst performances have been against our biggest traditional rivals, who are both currently in their worst states for many years.
We promote Jayden Danns to the first team and he hits a hat trick in every game. 86 points.

Arsenal only get a point from the games v Spurs and United and win the other 2. 84 points.

City have 10 points deducted for each charge and are catapulted down the leagues on minus 1077 points. Their final day clash with West Ham is now a trip to the Apec Taxis stadium to face Runcorn Linnets. Everyone in the club goes into complete meltdown, Pep is last seen off his tits crawling round the streets of Manchester with Liam Gallagher and Shaun Ryder, trying to find the Hacienda. He has no idea it was demolished in 2002 and the other two are too off it to care. Erling Haaland is offered a role as Gail Platt’s estranged Norwegian son on Coronation Street. Phil Foden gets a job in JD Sports. Kevin De Bruyne buys out his contract and fulfills a lifelong dream of dropping inch perfect crosses onto the head of Jayden Danns. Kyle Walker retires to spend a quiet life with his assorted families.

Libpool libpool top of the league.

That's way beyond delusional, treading into cuckoo-land!
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by Nick110581 on Today at 11:32:42 am »
Maybe the players got demoralised when they found out Alonso was not going to be coming and the replacement was going to be someone like Slot.

Alonso announced his commitment to Leverkusen almost bang on when the shit run started, then it's got worse since maybe after they found out someone some of them have never heard of was going to be the new manager.

That’s a huge assumption.

And if players don’t like the new Manager then they can be sold.
« Last post by Jm55 on Today at 11:31:42 am »
We will be challenging for fourth at best and look back at Klopp time with us realizing winning anything was all down to him.

Just completely baseless this.

Presumably you’ll be making the same argument for Arsenal if Arteta leaves?
« Last post by Andy82lfc on Today at 11:30:38 am »
This is pretty much spot on but we still kept winning and the news galvanised the players / fans.

Then it all went pear shaped. Maybe it was the ticket price rise or drawing with United. Who knows?

Maybe the players got demoralised when they found out Alonso was not going to be coming and the replacement was going to be someone like Slot.

Alonso announced his commitment to Leverkusen almost bang on when the shit run started, then it's got worse since maybe after they found out someone some of them have never heard of was going to be the new manager.
Looks like the GOP SC are trying to allow States to break the First Ammendment and outlaw peaceful protests - by making it possible for States, Police Forces, etc to sue the *organiser* of any protest for any damage done to anyone or any property by anyone attending the protest.  This has come from them declining to hear McKesson v Doe - which means the lower court decision on the issue holds.  The States that this impacts?  Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi
 (which is where the 5th circuit has appellate jurisdiction over) for now. 

For those not in the know, DeRay McKesson organised a Black Lives Matter in Baton Rouge, after the fatal police shooting of Alton Sterling.  During that process, someone (nobody knows who, but it 100% wasn't DeRay, or any other leader/organiser) threw a rock at the police and it one in the face, with the man suffering "injuries to his teeth, jaw, brain and head" (yes, I know, absolutely a little exagerration by the police force there).  A previous SC in 1982 had held that an organiser could not be held responsible for the violent actions of a participant; this lower court judgement effectively reverses that (and why the SCs refusal to hear the case is more eggregious given that it basically is giving lower courts free will to reverse previous SC cases). 

Why this impacts free protests?  Well, if you were wanting to organise a protest, but knew you could be imprisoned, fined, anything if a single participant (even one troublemaker from the "other side") committed an illegal action - why would you ever want to put your hand up to volunteer to organise it (instead of hoping someone else would).
« Last post by Nick110581 on Today at 11:30:19 am »
Besides which, we have still improved from where we were last season. It would have been fantastic to have ended the Klopp era with a big trophy but sometimes it's just not possible. I'm not letting this disappointment cloud my overall judgement.

Come on Jill. Aren’t you going to call the players a disgrace ?
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by John C on Today at 11:29:57 am »
Until this morning I was convinced he had very little time to think about his shot and that he had to get it away quickly. But looking back at it again this morning he has time. It might only be a second but other strikers only need that to know where to place hit rather than just hitting it.
I wouldn't write him off after last night and I was perturbed to see he was high on the scapegoat list last night, however unfortunately for any existing and future Liverpool strikers we have a historical richness of previous quality to compare to. Strikers who were sharper, more clinical and more ruthless.

Fresh coaching might do him the world of good.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10