Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2087277 times)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #12480 on: January 28, 2020, 03:37:08 pm »
But it doesn't apply to the 13+ people as they're guaranteed anyway

Looks like I was wrong anyway and its just random

We're not guaranteed for all 19 games.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12481 on: January 28, 2020, 03:38:25 pm »
What an excellent and fair process hopefully they will allow you to pair applications to allow more families and friends to attend together.

If everyone who applies gets at least one or two successful applications the more people will get to enjoy Anfield and will help cut down on people who are desperate for tickets but have to rely on the secondary market.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #12482 on: January 28, 2020, 03:40:05 pm »
It would piss me off no end that.

Fail in the ballot for a game I know I would have defo got in the late sale/F5 game.
No mention of removing late sales anywhere. Unless they are binning the STH exchange?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12483 on: January 28, 2020, 03:43:47 pm »
No mention of removing late sales anywhere. Unless they are binning the STH exchange?

I think I'm misunderstanding this. The ballot is replacing the bulks sales but the late sales will continue as normal?

Ok, that's not as bad as I thought, but then I haven't been entirely unsuccessful in the bulk sales the last 2 years, 10+ of my tickets have come from the bulks so I'm still not totally convinced.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12484 on: January 28, 2020, 03:46:29 pm »
I think I'm misunderstanding this. The ballot is replacing the bulks sales but the late sales will continue as normal?

Ok, that's not as bad as I thought, but then I haven't been entirely unsuccessful in the bulk sales the last 2 years, 10+ of my tickets have come from the bulks so I'm still not totally convinced.
That's what the email seems to say, they could easily be introducing a ballot for late sales too 

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #12485 on: January 28, 2020, 03:49:02 pm »
They should just offer a seasie to anyone who has had all 19 on their cards for say a minimum of 8 years.

;)
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline jskyner

• Kemlynite
« Reply #12486 on: January 28, 2020, 03:55:24 pm »
How will people decide where to sit or will you get what your given?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12487 on: January 28, 2020, 03:58:15 pm »
How will people decide where to sit or will you get what your given?
Probably won't have the option too, you'll get offered a seat somewhere take it or leave it

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12488 on: January 28, 2020, 04:00:24 pm »
Probably won't have the option too, you'll get offered a seat somewhere take it or leave it

Nah it will be like the Wembley cup final ballots probably.

Ballot is drawn two weeks before, you get a yes or no.

If you get a yes you can buy in the sale when it goes live and pick your seat.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12489 on: January 28, 2020, 04:02:57 pm »
Is that the ladder removed from anyone below 13+ at the end of the season?

to be honest, if I got an equal chance to every game, rather than just all or nothing that would probably be better than the current system - but then doesn't look like it's gonna be easy to get back to above 4+ this season. I had 11 last season, and I'm on 2 for this season - so just as this ballot comes in I'll be with every other person who has just registered for a membership. Looks like that would have been the case anyway though unless I managed to get two more.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12490 on: January 28, 2020, 04:03:33 pm »

That makes more sense. If you're in early you'll choose where you go - in later and you might have to get singles for your group.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12491 on: January 28, 2020, 04:06:52 pm »

Yeah I see, makes sense

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Kopite
« Reply #12492 on: January 28, 2020, 04:07:34 pm »

This will probably answer my question from earlier.  I presume you get a yes or a no then choose your tickets so anyone who has a yes but then can't afford an extra game, their ticket will go back into the pot for a late availability sale.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12493 on: January 28, 2020, 04:08:49 pm »
This will probably answer my question from earlier.  I presume you get a yes or a no then choose your tickets so anyone who has a yes but then can't afford an extra game, their ticket will go back into the pot for a late availability sale.
Yeah late availability would tend to make a lot more sense than having a waiting list for the game like they do for finals.

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #12494 on: January 28, 2020, 04:10:21 pm »
[ The Club is exploring removing the ‘1st come 1st served’ sales for matches where the Club cannot guarantee that tickets will be available to all that apply, and introducing a ballot process as the alternative. ]

The club doesn’t currently do a  ‘1st come 1st served’ sale

The time given in the queue is not 1st come, 1st served.

Then once your in, you could be beaten to a ticket to someone who gets on the site 10 minutes later due to the timing of a basket drop and/or refresh timing.  Again, far from ‘1st come 1st served’

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12495 on: January 28, 2020, 04:11:04 pm »
Yeah late availability would tend to make a lot more sense than having a waiting list for the game like they do for finals.
Late availability sales are good for people who can organise short-notice travel, waiting lists might not be feasible for some 

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12496 on: January 28, 2020, 04:11:59 pm »
[ The Club is exploring removing the ‘1st come 1st served’ sales for matches where the Club cannot guarantee that tickets will be available to all that apply, and introducing a ballot process as the alternative. ]

The club doesn’t currently do a  ‘1st come 1st served’ sale

The time given in the queue is not 1st come, 1st served.

Then once your in, you could be beaten to a ticket to someone who gets on the site 10 minutes later due to the timing of a basket drop and/or refresh timing.  Again, far from ‘1st come 1st served’
Still a 1st come 1st serve concept

Offline aspi1989

• Kemlynite
« Reply #12497 on: January 28, 2020, 04:14:38 pm »
How it would work

Those Members not guaranteed a ticket would be able register for the ballot for every game they wish to attend.
There would be two ballot registration periods, one for games to be played up to 31 December, the other for all remaining games until the end of the season.  Both registration periods would take place well in advance of each ticket sale, a minimum of 2 weeks prior.
In each registration period, there would be separate ballots for selected matches based on eligibility criteria , ie the 2019/20 sale in place to Members with 4+ games, and the sale in place to all Members.
Members would be randomly selected via an independent ballot process undertaken by Civica Election Services, (formerly Electoral Reform Services), who the Club used for last season’s cup final ticketing ballots.
Those successful in the ballots would be guaranteed a ticket.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12498 on: January 28, 2020, 04:15:51 pm »

Yeah, if you get a yes but then don't buy your ticket when the sales comes around it goes back into the pot, probably for the late availability sale, or if they do a waiting list then it goes to that

Offline 1964allezallezallez

• Main Stander
« Reply #12499 on: January 28, 2020, 04:20:38 pm »
What happens if you’re successful in the ballot and the match gets scheduled (ie Monday night) and you can’t attend.  Does the ticket go into the late sale and you get a refund/credit?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12500 on: January 28, 2020, 04:23:54 pm »
What happens if you’re successful in the ballot and the match gets scheduled (ie Monday night) and you can’t attend.  Does the ticket go into the late sale and you get a refund/credit?

It's just the same as when you buy a ticket in the bulk and the game gets re-arranged.

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #12501 on: January 28, 2020, 04:24:25 pm »
I can’t decide whether it’s a good thing or a bad thing.

I just have visions of it being like Wimbledon (Tennis Ballot) and it’s easier for people to think I’m not really that much into them, but because it’s a two second click of a button. I’ll do it.

Although it looks like they will use the same ballot system, with that you have to be on the electoral roll and they only allow one entry per household for a maximum of two tickets. Wonder if it will be the same, say one entry per household for a maximum of four tickets? Obviously each one would need a membership number

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12502 on: January 28, 2020, 04:26:02 pm »
I can’t decide whether it’s a good thing or a bad thing.

I just have visions of it being like Wimbledon (Tennis Ballot) and it’s easier for people to think I’m not really that much into them, but because it’s a two second click of a button. I’ll do it.

Although it looks like they will use the same ballot system, with that you have to be on the electoral roll and they only allow one entry per household for a maximum of two tickets. Wonder if it will be the same, say one entry per household for a maximum of four tickets? Obviously each one would need a membership number

to be honest all of this just makes me happier I've got cup games on my card going back years because at least I've got some form of guaranteed games each season and I know roughly when they will be.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12503 on: January 28, 2020, 04:32:02 pm »
If this is the case you've no chance of ever getting 19.

So after working your arse off for years to build up your credits, they now want to throw you in with 100,000 others for some games

So if like this season we could possibly win a league for the first time in 30 years, or win the league again against a Villa or other Cat C game, you're not there coz you missed out on a ballot to somebody who's just bought a membership

I'd rather take my chances for Cat C on the current system than have a 1 in 11 or more chance in a ballot
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 04:39:29 pm by Tiz Lad »

Offline gordo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12504 on: January 28, 2020, 04:32:05 pm »
I have said it before in various places including to the club that the refreshing for a drop is the issue.

The way it should work is:
Bulk sales as per usual.
Locals as per usual.
Additional sale as per usual.

Still haven’t got one?
Join the ballot by 5pm day of the additional sale (timeframe doesn’t have to be 5pm) and then you get allocated a number like you would for a cup final.
Once a return comes in it gets allocated to ballot position number 1, 2, 3 etc... 
24 hours to buy it otherwise you lose it.

This works better for those who can’t spend all day refreshing and in my eyes it is the fairest way.
Obviously others won’t agree.

Edit: criteria of 4+ and 13+ (subject to change) still apply for certain games.
Edit 2: I only have 2 credits this season from bulk sales.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 04:46:30 pm by gordo »

Offline 1964allezallezallez

• Main Stander
« Reply #12505 on: January 28, 2020, 04:32:38 pm »
It's just the same as when you buy a ticket in the bulk and the game gets re-arranged.

Never been successful in the bulk sales. How does it work?

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #12506 on: January 28, 2020, 04:33:25 pm »
to be honest all of this just makes me happier I've got cup games on my card going back years because at least I've got some form of guaranteed games each season and I know roughly when they will be.

Aye. Just got my email through to complete. Will have to look at it from all sides and weigh up the pros and cons.

I’m on 13+ so can only see if affecting the 3 new teams. Again, I’ve been good at getting them in the bulks this season.

Like I’ve worked my butt off to get my BF to what looks like 12 this season, maybe 13 if I get Chelsea... so imagine if I in the ballot he goes down to 0 next season.

But then I have to think the only reason I have been able to do it is because I have good flexible working.

Like I say pros and cons.

Offline Biscuitman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12507 on: January 28, 2020, 04:42:37 pm »
Any tickets popped up today at all?

Offline devilfysh

• Main Stander
« Reply #12508 on: January 28, 2020, 04:45:05 pm »
I have said it before in various places including to the club that the refreshing for a drop is the issue.

Bulk sales as per usual.
Locals as per usual.

Still haven’t got one?
Join the ballot by 5pm day of the additional sale (timeframe doesn’t have to be 5pm) and then you get allocated a number like you would for a cup final.
Once a return comes in it gets allocated to ballot position number 1, 2, 3 etc... 

This works better for those who can’t spend all day refreshing and in my eyes it is the fairest way.

100% agree with this. 

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12509 on: January 28, 2020, 04:47:23 pm »
Never been successful in the bulk sales. How does it work?

You buy tickets for the first half of the season in July.

If you can't make the game when it comes around months later, it's tough basically.

There is no process to give your ticket back like there is with season ticket holders.

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #12510 on: January 28, 2020, 04:49:39 pm »

Bulk sales as per usual.
Locals as per usual.

Still haven’t got one?

Edit 2: I only have 2 credits this season from bulk sales.

I like this idea. Will mention it on the form if there is a comments box.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12511 on: January 28, 2020, 04:51:12 pm »
I've just received the email as well.

Maybe we're all getting it gradually, or it might be everyone who's bought a ticket this season

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #12512 on: January 28, 2020, 04:51:31 pm »
You buy tickets for the first half of the season in July.

If you can't make the game when it comes around months later, it's tough basically.

There is no process to give your ticket back like there is with season ticket holders.

They changed that recently so that members can return tickets. Must be done no later than 14 days before the match https://faq.liverpoolfc.com/portal/kb/articles/how-do-i-return-my-match-tickets

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12513 on: January 28, 2020, 04:55:21 pm »
They changed that recently so that members can return tickets. Must be done no later than 14 days before the match https://faq.liverpoolfc.com/portal/kb/articles/how-do-i-return-my-match-tickets

Did they announce that somewhere, or do they just expect us to keep an eye on the FAQs all the time in case they change?

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12514 on: January 28, 2020, 04:59:28 pm »

Given that this proposal only relates to the bulk sales and not additional member and late sales, those who work hard F5ing all day will still be able to do it.

By replacing the bulk sale with a ballot, it should make no real difference other than saving all of us 2+ hours of our time, twice a year. The only people who will miss out are those who have worked out how to hack the queue and get onto the ticketing site with alarming frequency, which isn't as outlandish as it sounds. As someone who has only ever been over an hour in a bulk sale, I'm all for it, even if it means the club telling me which stand I sit in and which single game (if that) a season I will get.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12515 on: January 28, 2020, 05:01:06 pm »
Did they announce that somewhere, or do they just expect us to keep an eye on the FAQs all the time in case they change?
It's always been there. I've returned tickets for years that way.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12516 on: January 28, 2020, 05:01:11 pm »
Just completed the survey. I'm totally against the ballot so have reflected so in my response.

The odds of being successful in the ballot are ridiculously low

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12517 on: January 28, 2020, 05:02:10 pm »
Given that this proposal only relates to the bulk sales and not additional member and late sales, those who work hard F5ing all day will still be able to do it.

By replacing the bulk sale with a ballot, it should make no real difference other than saving all of us 2+ hours of our time, twice a year. The only people who will miss out are those who have worked out how to hack the queue and get onto the ticketing site with alarming frequency, which isn't as outlandish as it sounds. As someone who has only ever been over an hour in a bulk sale, I'm all for it, even if it means the club telling me which stand I sit in and which single game (if that) a season I will get.

I'm basically with you there, but I do think it would increase demand, so for selfish reasons I think I'm against it.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12518 on: January 28, 2020, 05:04:14 pm »
Just completed the survey. I'm totally against the ballot so have reflected so in my response.

The odds of being successful in the ballot are ridiculously low

Aye, but you've worked out how to queue for less than 5 mins each time  ;)

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12519 on: January 28, 2020, 05:04:53 pm »
Aye, but you've worked out how to queue for less than 5 mins each time  ;)

Haha not quite that but I seem to have a good system in place.