Author Topic: PL: Brentford v Liverpool - Saturday, 25 September  (Read 17950 times)

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
Re: PL: Brentford v Liverpool - Saturday, 25 September
« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2021, 02:07:09 pm »
I think Minamino starting and/or playing in midfield would happen in midweek against Porto; we're more likely to play our currently strongest side against Brentford.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2021, 03:46:12 pm »
it's ok. Gerrard is coming out of retirement for this week of games.

I’m not sure why we didn’t cryogenically freeze Gerrard at 29, then just thaw him out for games. He’d only be about 30 still. Ludicrous really.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Rawkybalboa

• "I wouldn't have a clue..."
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • somebody puts his hand on u, send him2the grave
« Reply #122 on: September 24, 2021, 05:17:11 pm »
Hi guys, Im a Brentford lad but born a Liverpool fan.  ;D
Got my beloved Liverpool visiting my patch. No chance of tickets etc but was wondering if anyone knows what time the Liverpool team coach should arrive at the stadium and which way entrance etc. Maybe stand around just to get a glimpse of my heroes  8)
Any help would be nice.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2021, 06:18:53 pm »
Around an hour and fifteen minutes beforehand for home games, not sure if that differs for aways.

Just saw Gordon’s not involved with the 23’s, so likely among the subs.
AHA!

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2021, 06:58:47 pm »
Got my beloved Liverpool visiting my patch. No chance of tickets etc but was wondering if anyone knows what time the Liverpool team coach should arrive at the stadium and which way entrance etc. Maybe stand around just to get a glimpse of my heroes  8)
Any help would be nice.

your post made it to a Brenford forum, which may have been the best place to ask in the first place being as the game is there  :P

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2021, 07:03:20 pm »
I love the fact that I’m a little bit worried about playing Brentford five games into the season. Only seen a few snippets of them but they seem like a breath of fresh air in the league. Would take them over the nothingness of Bournemouth, Watford and Fulham etc every other year. Plus their ground is mental in a good way. Hope you get hammered Brentford, but I wish you all the best in everything else.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2021, 07:13:14 pm »
Gut feeling is we smash them.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2021, 07:26:31 pm »
Gut feeling is we smash them.
Top banter
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #128 on: September 24, 2021, 07:30:51 pm »
Any help would be nice.

Fairly sure the players entrance is in front of the South Stand. I saw a couple of smart looking coaches outside there when I went and I doubt they were for fans as there’s barely any traffic allowed close to the ground because it’s packed in so tight.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Brentford+Community+Stadium,+166+Lionel+Rd+N,+Brentford+TW8+9QT/@51.4902461,-0.2875965,19z/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x48760dde9fb0a475:0xd2f2a353099568c3?hl=en-GB&source=lmns

Offline Rawkybalboa

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #129 on: September 24, 2021, 08:49:18 pm »
Lol. Wow any linksnto that forum?
As long as its not a set up a trap for me to turn up an get jumped by Brentford fans as some sort of traitor🤣
your post made it to a Brenford forum, which may have been the best place to ask in the first place being as the game is there  :P

Offline Rawkybalboa

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #130 on: September 24, 2021, 08:49:52 pm »
Cheers dude nice one thanks.
Fairly sure the players entrance is in front of the South Stand. I saw a couple of smart looking coaches outside there when I went and I doubt they were for fans as there’s barely any traffic allowed close to the ground because it’s packed in so tight.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Brentford+Community+Stadium,+166+Lionel+Rd+N,+Brentford+TW8+9QT/@51.4902461,-0.2875965,19z/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x48760dde9fb0a475:0xd2f2a353099568c3?hl=en-GB&source=lmns

Online stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: September 24, 2021, 10:07:17 pm »
Cheers dude nice one thanks.

It’ll be down Lionel Road between The Express Hotel and Kew Bridge Station. Lionel Road was a cabbie’s favorite cut-through from Kew Bridge going north a few years back. Not any more.

Offline Rawkybalboa

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #132 on: September 24, 2021, 10:15:03 pm »
Yep remember that steep double dip hill. Stadium looks nice though

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #133 on: September 24, 2021, 11:11:53 pm »
Let’s twat these nylon loving blerts

<a href="https://m.youtube.com/v/he32H-lQo7s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://m.youtube.com/v/he32H-lQo7s</a>

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: September 25, 2021, 02:02:49 am »
Fabinho Henderson Jones

Henderson Milner Ox - Porto

Fabinho Henderson Jones - City

Potentially
Fabinho is very unlikely to not play in both this weekend and Porto. He has shown the ability to play back to back like that. We will see I expect a little rotation but it possible Fabinho and Jones both play Saturday and Midweek.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #135 on: September 25, 2021, 02:48:19 am »

<a href="https://m.youtube.com/v/he32H-lQo7s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://m.youtube.com/v/he32H-lQo7s</a>
:lmao

Bloody hell, I'm getting old. I remember that ad.

Anyway, three points please.  :scarf
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #136 on: September 25, 2021, 02:56:23 am »
Lol. Wow any linksnto that forum?
As long as its not a set up a trap for me to turn up an get jumped by Brentford fans as some sort of traitor🤣

Post #79

https://griffinpark.org/index.php?threads/liverpool-h-preview-predictions.136128/page-2
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: September 25, 2021, 05:18:00 am »
:lmao
Bloody hell, I'm getting old. I remember that ad...

Top quality polyester nighties - used to make the sparks fly - what with the nylon sheets an' all  ;D

Offline Perseus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #138 on: September 25, 2021, 05:30:47 am »
I'm interested why Bissouma hasn't been bought by anyone with European football. I am guess that he's regarded as not being value for money.

Those two payers will be back in 10 days or so I think.

Who is it?

We are talking about Yves Bissouma, Brighton & Hove Albion's Ivorian-Malian midfielder. Undoubtedly, with the African we are talking about one of the sensations of the last seasons in the Premier League, a footballer who by physical appearance may seem like a defensive short pivot, but who is excellent with the ball.

Graham Potter's medullary lighthouse, one of the best in the world in its position and a must-see for Klopp's painting. Although economically it will involve a significant effort (around 30 million pounds), a success for the British team.

https://www.fichajes.net/noticias/liverpool-tiene-cerrado-primer-refuerzo-yves-bissouma-2022-20210924.html   
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 05:38:07 am by Perseus »

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #139 on: September 25, 2021, 06:57:47 am »
Pretty annoying that we let Lallana go on a free

Time to bring back Grujic and Chirivella.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: September 25, 2021, 07:19:35 am »
Around an hour and fifteen minutes beforehand for home games, not sure if that differs for aways.

Just saw Gordon’s not involved with the 23’s, so likely among the subs.

Think Gordon will have a role to play in January, great to see him around the first team squad.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #141 on: September 25, 2021, 07:56:12 am »
Haven't we shown many years that we can break teams down when we have our key players playing?
Yep - for over 3 years now, especially 2019/20 where we hoovered up points from all the bus parkers and the 'physical' teams. There still seems to be various myths perpetuated about how we perform against organised teams that sit back, or how we still have bogey teams. A bit like how some said Palace are a difficult team for us - despite winning our last 10 against them, or how Burnley are a 'bogey' team, despite our only defeat in the last 10 coming when half our team were injured and players out of position. Perhaps January to early March last season has made some forget how efficient we usually are under Klopp when it comes to getting the job done - including September to December and mid March to May last season.

This is the title winning squad, with key players back and others having had a long summer break. 15 games unbeaten now, and a run that has largely gone under the radar whilst the focus is on Chelsea or the return of the Ego to Utd. I think this will be a routine win and clean sheet - Virgil and Matip have restored our back line to the best in the league again, and we have enough up front to punish Brentford's lack of pace at the back.

Alisson, Trent, Matip, Virgil, Robertson, Fabinho, Jones, Henderson, Mane, Jota, Salah. 2-0 to the reds, and Chelsea or City will definitely be dropping points (ideally a draw).
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #142 on: September 25, 2021, 08:01:00 am »

Brush them aside?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #143 on: September 25, 2021, 08:31:41 am »
That is why I said progression, last season we really struggled to break the poorer teams down. Personally I think Klopp is looking for more midfield creativity against park the bus teams and that was why Elliott was starting games.
The 'progression' was clear as day in the 3 seasons prior to our title win - a season in which we beat every bottom half club home and away.

Then a truck ran over our squad, and we had to play a patched up team and players out of position from October through to May last season, but still finished 3rd. We struggled between late December and early March, but were top of the league on Christmas day, and won 8/drew 2 of our last 10, despite having no Virgil, Gomez or Matip.

These myths around struggling against poorer teams are pointless unless there's some context. We struggled because our team was fucked left, right and centre. Other than that incredibly tough period late December to early March, we've had consecutive 97 and 99 point seasons in 2018/19 and 2019/20 (without a creative midfielder), steamrollering everyone. We were playing at title-winning form between the periods September to late December 2020, and early March to May 2021. Our poor run of form was a complete outlier across 3 full seasons - for reasons that are as clear as day.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: September 25, 2021, 08:39:06 am »
Thanks for OP allez!

It looks like this might be of toughest game of the season so far after Chelsea and can see it being a bit nerve racking.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2021, 09:00:10 am »
I think we’ll be able to keep them at arm’s length for the most part. They are strong on set pieces though, a bit like us. They’re normally quite inventive and with their three massive centre backs they win a lot of headers at the back post. Another reason why Fabinho would be good to start this one.

Any news on whether Bobby will be involved?

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: September 25, 2021, 09:23:11 am »
I think we’ll be able to keep them at arm’s length for the most part. They are strong on set pieces though, a bit like us. They’re normally quite inventive and with their three massive centre backs they win a lot of headers at the back post. Another reason why Fabinho would be good to start this one.

Any news on whether Bobby will be involved?

Well that sounds ok, I trust your judgement as an expert on all things Brentford.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: September 25, 2021, 09:24:23 am »
It might seem like we struggle because we go into the game as strong favourites. But we might only come away with a one or two nil win. And may take until deep in the second half to get our noses in front. When the opposition strategy is to sit deep and try to nick something it is hard to score .
We look better against teams that think they can come and have a go. So it looks like we struggle to best the weaker teams.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #148 on: September 25, 2021, 09:27:33 am »
Well that sounds ok, I trust your judgement as an expert on all things Brentford.

Did I mention it once or twice? :D

I’ll be saying my wife’s a Manc next.

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: September 25, 2021, 09:30:30 am »

:lmao :lmao
The Carl Froch of Rawk  :D
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2021, 09:35:09 am »

;D

Offline Rawkybalboa

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2021, 09:48:21 am »
Their fans on that site seem like decent fans.
No snide jibes about us, simply loving their team and hoping for a result.
What’s all this bollocks about “slow play” since Dean Smith’s time?
The times I’ve seen them they are 100% effort and involvement.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2021, 09:56:51 am »
I'm worried thats a mash up of David Brent and our very own First.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2021, 09:57:17 am »
They do seem quite grounded

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #155 on: September 25, 2021, 11:21:27 am »
Brentford then

BOOM, footballing blow to the jaw

3-0 (again, I was right last week)

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #156 on: September 25, 2021, 11:47:08 am »

Think there were a few sour grapes comments about time wasting last week, probably relates to that.

Online Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: September 25, 2021, 11:59:24 am »
A lot to like about Brentford as a club and a team and I think this will be another tough game. They are well drilled but seem to have an issue defending their right side, which suggests Mane/Jota could get chances despite their good overall defensive stats so far this season.

Toney/Mbuemo vs. Van Dijk/Matip should be interesting!!

I can see an entertaining 1 or possibly 2 - 0 to us.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #158 on: September 25, 2021, 12:19:54 pm »
The 'progression' was clear as day in the 3 seasons prior to our title win - a season in which we beat every bottom half club home and away.

That isn't true though is it mate. In our title winning season we lost 3-0 at Watford who finished 19th and drew 0-0 with an Everton side that finished 12th. So quite clearly we didn't beat every bottom half team home and away.

Up until that Watford game we looked imperious but we then lost to Watford, Atletico twice and Chelsea in a short space of time. On the resumption we drew with Everton and lost our home winning record with a draw against Burnley.

Then a truck ran over our squad, and we had to play a patched up team and players out of position from October through to May last season, but still finished 3rd. We struggled between late December and early March, but were top of the league on Christmas day, and won 8/drew 2 of our last 10, despite having no Virgil, Gomez or Matip.

These myths around struggling against poorer teams are pointless unless there's some context. We struggled because our team was fucked left, right and centre. Other than that incredibly tough period late December to early March, we've had consecutive 97 and 99 point seasons in 2018/19 and 2019/20 (without a creative midfielder), steamrollering everyone. We were playing at title-winning form between the periods September to late December 2020, and early March to May 2021. Our poor run of form was a complete outlier across 3 full seasons - for reasons that are as clear as day.

The signs were there long before we had an injury crisis last season. For me 19/20 was just about one thing winning the League. There was less free flowing Football and we ground out a hell of a lot of wins by the odd goal. Often scoring from set pieces and then just killing the game off completely. For me that was just about getting the monkey off our back regarding the title.

I get the impression that Klopp wanted more creativity for 20/21 and that is why we brought in Jota and especially Thiago at the expense of a 4th centre back. Then this season Elliot was brought back and given a midfield role. So yes it is about progression. Not in terms of results against park the bus teams but how we go about beating them.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #159 on: September 25, 2021, 12:34:24 pm »
I haven't seen Brentford play and know nothing about them..........I'm a lazy shite.

Anyway, it will be nice to see how we tackle a new team and what their style is. Hopefully they will try to bring the game to us and not defend deep all game like a lot of teams do.

We should have too much quality for them but, like every team we play, we need to concentrate and give them the respect they deserve.
#JFT97