Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1517316 times)

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #9360 on: September 22, 2021, 10:48:55 am »
Was brilliant last night. Reminded me how much I miss the suarez song
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #9361 on: September 22, 2021, 10:50:44 am »
Thought our end sounded great last night.

One Ipswich fan down the road thought so too...
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #9362 on: September 22, 2021, 11:47:16 am »
Heard a lot of "Maggie's in the Mud" last night which I guess was a reaction to typical classist chants from the home crowd? Home crowd were barely heard on telly.

Fuck the Tories
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 11:49:33 am by OsirisMVZ »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9363 on: September 22, 2021, 11:52:57 am »
Heard a lot of "Maggie's in the Mud" last night which I guess was a reaction to typical classist chants from the home crowd?

Needs to be binned, we sing it more than any other song at the moment.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #9364 on: September 22, 2021, 01:09:09 pm »

Gotta be honest, I struggle with that one.

Absolutely no time for her (for obvious reasons), or the Tories in general, but always cringe a little bit at this.

Feeds into the 'be better' conversations, in my mind.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 01:31:57 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9365 on: September 22, 2021, 01:24:37 pm »
If we get through the final everyone of our traveling fans last night deserve a ticket ahead of anyone else.
Outstanding contribution.
It's a travesty if ST holders have first dibs.

Completely agree with this. Completely.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #9366 on: September 22, 2021, 01:34:23 pm »

Won’t be long before some journo uses it as a stick to stir shit and beat us with, don’t over do it I would say, not bin it off completely.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #9367 on: September 22, 2021, 01:36:06 pm »
Ha ha. What a loon.  ;D

Think it’s funnier because he makes it seem all so normal for him
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #9368 on: September 22, 2021, 01:42:01 pm »
Sounded great on the telly.

And over on Toffeeweb one loon, trying vainly to salvage something from their latest debacle,reckoned we only had 675 ( a very precise figure) at Carrow Road to their 6000 at QPR.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9369 on: September 22, 2021, 01:47:10 pm »
Sounded great on the telly.

And over on Toffeeweb one loon, trying vainly to salvage something from their latest debacle,reckoned we only had 675 ( a very precise figure) at Carrow Road to their 6000 at QPR.

Some going if 675 Reds can be heard from 3 miles away ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #9370 on: September 22, 2021, 01:51:16 pm »
Some going if 675 Reds can be heard from 3 miles away ;D

No doubt they'd kicked Delia up the arse and taken over the public address system.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #9371 on: September 22, 2021, 01:55:57 pm »
No doubt they'd kicked Delia up the arse and taken over the public address system.

That's a lotta ass to kick...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9372 on: September 22, 2021, 02:53:05 pm »
Gotta be honest, I struggle with that one.

Absolutely no time for her (for obvious reasons), or the Tories in general, but always cringe a little bit at this.

Feeds into the 'be better' conversations, in my mind.

Yep, along with it's grim follow-up about digging her up. I feel like it's maybe mostly sung by the younger element but might be wrong.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #9373 on: September 22, 2021, 03:24:54 pm »
Yep, along with it's grim follow-up about digging her up. I feel like it's maybe mostly sung by the younger element but might be wrong.

Can't stand the c*nt. But it makes me cringe.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #9374 on: September 22, 2021, 03:33:47 pm »

Yep, that too. One of the extremely rare occasions I've felt uncomfortable in our crowd is when these get belted out, to be completely honest.

For me, whilst we're having a grown up conversation about singing songs about people dying and generally being better than that, this needs to be on the table in amongst it too. It's abundantly clear what the feeling is towards her on Merseyside, so this song doesn't need singing to clarify that. All it does, in my opinion, is reflect poorly on us.
Twitter | Blog

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9375 on: September 22, 2021, 03:58:17 pm »
I have to agree.

I put Thatcher right up there with Nazi scum. I don't hate easily, but I genuinely hated her and I hate her horrible legacy and all those that adhere to her vile ideology. Despite that, singing any song revelling in death is not a good look at all. We really should be much better than that.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9376 on: September 22, 2021, 04:13:20 pm »
https://twitter.com/harrychapman23/status/1440397282319294470?s=19

;D

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Seen this before but forgot about it. So many different points of comedy gold, then just when you think it's all over he gets his arse out  :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9377 on: September 22, 2021, 04:18:40 pm »
Yep, that too. One of the extremely rare occasions I've felt uncomfortable in our crowd is when these get belted out, to be completely honest.

For me, whilst we're having a grown up conversation about singing songs about people dying and generally being better than that, this needs to be on the table in amongst it too. It's abundantly clear what the feeling is towards her on Merseyside, so this song doesn't need singing to clarify that. All it does, in my opinion, is reflect poorly on us.

I have to agree.

I put Thatcher right up there with Nazi scum. I don't hate easily, but I genuinely hated her and I hate her horrible legacy and all those that adhere to her vile ideology. Despite that, singing any song revelling in death is not a good look at all. We really should be much better than that.

100% agree too.

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #9378 on: September 22, 2021, 04:25:20 pm »
I agree about the Maggie chant. Hate it to be honest... not as much as I hated her, but still a lot!

Best thing we can do is not bother mentioning her. To chant about her, no matter how derogatory it is, keeps her alive somewhat.

But absolutely, Fuck the Tories!
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9379 on: September 22, 2021, 05:04:45 pm »
They're the kind of chants that while unsavoury might work on the Boss Nights, or whatever, but then you get lads who think it's clever to chant them at the game after hearing them there.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9380 on: September 22, 2021, 05:13:55 pm »
I have to agree.

I was quite happy to celebrate her death, I will never be convinced she didn't allow the Falklands war to happen just so she could win the election and so the blood of all the dead is on her hands.

Saying that, it's gone now and we need to no longer sing about it. Happy to hear songs when one of this current lot of c*nts dies though.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #9381 on: September 22, 2021, 05:50:31 pm »
I agree about the Maggie chant. Hate it to be honest... not as much as I hated her, but still a lot!

Best thing we can do is not bother mentioning her. To chant about her, no matter how derogatory it is, keeps her alive somewhat.

But absolutely, Fuck the Tories!

Agree. Haven't sung it for years. Was ok at Reading IMO a few days after (given what she did to us) but not it just seems stale. I agree about it being mainly younger supporters who won't remember her anyway. I'd rather we sang something more positive and supported our team.

Didn't hear anything about rent boys last night though (even though Gilmour played)  so that was good
We are a team of one half.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #9382 on: September 22, 2021, 08:58:11 pm »
Red Indians group who I used to see at the away games I've been to have raised close to £15,000 for a number of Merseyside charities.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fans-wembley-bike-ride-21648812
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9383 on: September 22, 2021, 09:09:31 pm »
Agree. Haven't sung it for years. Was ok at Reading IMO a few days after (given what she did to us) but not it just seems stale. I agree about it being mainly younger supporters who won't remember her anyway. I'd rather we sang something more positive and supported our team.

Didn't hear anything about rent boys last night though (even though Gilmour played)  so that was good

It was started by some at the back of the stand, thankfully drowned out/didn't get started but to be honest these were not typical match going reds as they would know some things don't get sung.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9384 on: September 22, 2021, 09:30:56 pm »
Red Indians group who I used to see at the away games I've been to have raised close to £15,000 for a number of Merseyside charities.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fans-wembley-bike-ride-21648812

Brilliant. Well in.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #9385 on: September 23, 2021, 09:21:47 pm »

Recognise the guy in the middle at the back from aways. Think I found out his name once, but can't remember it now. Think he's on here to be honest.

Well done evryone! :thumbup

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9386 on: September 24, 2021, 08:09:53 am »
Recognise the guy in the middle at the back from aways. Think I found out his name once, but can't remember it now. Think he's on here to be honest.

Well done evryone! :thumbup

Raj

as a group they've raised a lot of money over the years. this bike ride especially is very impressive.
YNWA.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #9387 on: September 24, 2021, 09:29:00 pm »
That's it. Thanks. They did brilliantly. I'll look out for him 2moro

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9388 on: September 25, 2021, 11:34:47 am »
Tony Evans having a go at our fans singing 'The reds have got no money' chant.

https://www.independent.co.uk/author/tony-evans

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9389 on: September 25, 2021, 11:52:33 am »

Fucking hell, does no c*nt understand humour anymore? :butt

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #9390 on: September 25, 2021, 12:08:13 pm »
While we're at it, You'll Never Walk Alone is pretty offensive. What about people who can't walk?
Bin it.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9391 on: September 25, 2021, 12:55:00 pm »

If things go wrong, ‘the Reds have got no money’ chant might come back to haunt Liverpool. There are barely any mitigating circumstances when only Manchester City beat you on salary.

He could at least get his facts right.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9392 on: September 25, 2021, 02:04:06 pm »
Some people really do try too hard to be offended or miserable don't they.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9393 on: September 25, 2021, 05:13:06 pm »
Fucking hell, does no c*nt understand humour anymore? :butt
It's the times we live in, Rob.

When did this sudden forensic scrutiny of chants start? It's particularly galling when the chanting elephant in the room goes completely ignored.

Idiots all over the country can sing filth revelling in death, tragedy, grief, poverty, unemployment etc and nothing is said, written or done about it. Liverpool sing a harmless song highlighting the absurdity of the money in modern football and it warrants a piece in the press. What next? A broadsheet doing a piece on the historical accuracy of Poor Scouser Tommy?

The song is ironic. It points out that in the modern game, where entire countries plough billions into mediocre football clubs, a global giant like Liverpool is comparatively skint.

While we're at it, maybe all away fans at Brentford this evening should be frisked for axes. After all, ''we don't carry bottles, we don't carry lead, we only carry hatchets to.... ''  ::)

It was similar with that banner around the time of Brexit that stated we liked being in Europe. Clearly a topical pun but with the focus on the European pedigree of LFC, yet a number of po-faced idiots in the media jumped on that too, suggesting politics should be kept out of sport.

If anyone in the media feels like doing their job properly and would like to highlight some seriously disgusting songs and chants, I can point them towards Old Trafford, Elland Road, Goodison Park and a host of other grounds. If they'd rather stick with Anfield, maybe get a ticket sat next to most away fanbases when they arrive up here. They'll find plenty of genuinely disturbing stuff to write about then. If they have the guts to, of course.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #9394 on: September 25, 2021, 06:15:49 pm »

Shocker, Tony Evans being a tit, who could've guessed.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9395 on: September 25, 2021, 06:24:55 pm »

Tony Evans has always come across as a miserable old sod
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #9396 on: September 25, 2021, 09:15:50 pm »
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9397 on: September 25, 2021, 09:27:14 pm »
It was no coincidence that Sky had your mic turned to ultra low.
Absolute c*nts.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #9398 on: September 25, 2021, 09:33:55 pm »

Give it a rest Tony. That’s a pathetic article. So way off the mark it’s untrue.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9399 on: September 25, 2021, 10:55:49 pm »
All the noise coming from the area by the corner flag where I was. Didn’t see many tourists for once. Good selection of songs. Thankfully much better than Norwich. Away end is a bit wierd so quite hard to get a song going which is always the case if you upper and lower tier