Author Topic: PRE GAME REVIEW - EVERTON V LIVERPOOL - WED, 1 DEC 2021 - KO 8.15pm  (Read 21730 times)

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes

Bitters v Winners

Wed, 1 Dec, 2021 - KO 8.15pm

(Goodison Park)

So the 239th Merseyside derby is but a few days away, which means it's time to pray for the safety of our players. For those of us who don't believe in god, we get to cross our fingers and hope for the best. Kind of like what religious people do when they pray I suppose.

During the summer, Carlo Fantastico buggered off sharpish when he realised he could manage a top club in Spain as opposed to a second rate pub team on Merseyside. This left Accountant Supremo and all round nice guy/rich person Farhad Moshiri with the unenviable task of finding someone daft enough to take on the most poisonous of chalices. Failing that, someone who had a house and family in the area and was keen to relocate. He plumped for the latter, so through the managerial revolving doors of Everton Football Club walked Rafa.

Ten points from their first four games had some of the blue persuasion muttering about a possible CL qualification this season. Very unlike them. Sadly, reality has since paid an extended visit and they're now looking at no wins in their last seven league games. Presently, they languish in 14th place, just six points from the relegation places. We can only hope eh.

Richarlison, possibly the finest Brazilian to grace a football pitch, will return from his suspension keen to show everyone why he's better than Fun Guy Bobby. Of course what will in fact happen is he'll mope around the pitch, waving his arms about and falling to the floor in an overly dramatic fashion, whilst asking his teammates why they all can't be as wonderful as him. The match on Wednesday may come too soon for injured fashion icon Dominic Calvert Lewin. No one is really sure what injury he's suffering with, though I've heard pride and dignity mentioned. If ever anyone needed an image to describe the phrase 'more money than sense' here it is ...

In stark contrast, we sit in third place just two points behind Chelsea. This is without a shadow of a doubt the best Liverpool team I have ever seen, and I started watching us back in 1971. They've been breaking records for fun over the last few years and continued the trend on Saturday by being the first team to score two or more goals in 17 consecutive games since Sunderland in 1927. Also, we're the only team to score in every Premier League game this season, which should give the Everton players some sleepless nights.

Some might say that bragging rights will be up for grabs on Wednesday as well as the three points, but in all honesty they don't really exist anymore. Unless bragging rights sound like this:

Them: we beat youse at Anfield last season.
Us: yeah, but you're still shit though eh.

So a relatively convincing win should be on the cards and then we can sing Rafa's name just to rub salt into the wound. All the games on Tuesday and Wednesday are being shown live on Amazon Prime, so for many of us there'll no need for dodgy streams. Unless you're suffering from a bowel infection.

Referee: Paul Tierney.
Assistants: Constantine Hatzidakis, Adam Nunn.
Fourth official: Jonathan Moss.
VAR: Michael Oliver.
Assistant VAR: Sian Massey-Ellis.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PRE GAME REVIEW - EVERTON V LIVERPOOL - WED, 1 DEC 2021 - KO 8.15pm
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 07:31:54 pm »
the Bitters right now:
- have a single point from their past six league matches
- on their longest winless run since April 2016
- took 13 points from their opening six fixtures, have earned just two since then

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2021, 07:46:27 pm »
We will need some strong chinpads for this.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2021, 07:50:49 pm »
A win and no injuries would be a perfect result. Everyone we play these, my heart is in my mouth wondering who is next to be clattered. I hope Virgil really goes in hard on the gimp in the Everton goal.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2021, 07:51:11 pm »
We will need some strong chinpads for this.

You expecting us to take a lot of elbows?

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2021, 07:53:28 pm »
Assistants: Constantine Hatzidakis

Can we bin the match thread and just talk about this please?

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2021, 07:57:13 pm »
On an unrelated note, whilst looking for images I found this. I've heard of ball watching but this is taking the piss.

"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2021, 08:02:01 pm »
You expecting us to take a lot of elbows?

Yup
Y.N.W.A.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2021, 08:06:59 pm »
You'd imagine if there's one game the lads will be up for this season it'll this one after last year. Same rings true of Everton of course so it'll be a spicy game.

Hopefully it's reffed properly and they get punished if they bring the thuggery out. None of this 'let the game flow' shit, if they're just going to kick people up in the air all game.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2021, 08:15:48 pm »
Singing 5 times to Rafa, will really annoy them.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2021, 08:20:18 pm »
After last season there has to be only one outcome. A complete and total demolition of these c*nts, and when we’re 4-0 up at half time we don’t take it easy on them in the second half.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2021, 08:21:46 pm »
Matip in for Konate is only change for me.

Imagine the atmosphere will be toxic.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2021, 08:27:49 pm »

I think the same.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2021, 08:38:23 pm »

Agreed.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2021, 08:46:52 pm »
Singing 5 times to Rafa, will really annoy them.

Is that the number of goals we'll score?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2021, 08:53:28 pm »

That'd be our strongest team at the moment which would make a change playing them, we always seem to either be resting a few or have injuries.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2021, 09:15:44 pm »
I think "form goes out the window" is one of the most inaccurate cliches when it comes to this match. The games where we've absolutely drubbed them have generally come in particularly good periods for us. The few games they've beaten us have come in chaotic periods (the 2-0 loss under Hodgson and last season's loss at Anfield during an injury crisis).

That being the case, I'm quitely confident of a victory here, or as confident as I've ever been. We're in very good form, and they are in very poor form. Ideally, this will be a repeat of Old Trafford.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2021, 09:27:33 pm »
I think "form goes out the window" is one of the most inaccurate cliches when it comes to this match. The games where we've absolutely drubbed them have generally come in particularly good periods for us. The few games they've beaten us have come in chaotic periods (the 2-0 loss under Hodgson and last season's loss at Anfield during an injury crisis).

That being the case, I'm quitely confident of a victory here, or as confident as I've ever been. We're in very good form, and they are in very poor form. Ideally, this will be a repeat of Old Trafford.

Fingers crossed, but they haven't got Ole in charge. Rafa will have them well organised and they'll be up for the game. We're well capable of turning them over anyway with the quality we've got.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2021, 09:27:43 pm »
Nice on HK. Could be Rafa's last game for them this one.

Offline Racer

• Shit Aldi Snickers
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2021, 09:28:26 pm »
Big Virg heading a winner past Pickford after last season

I’d play Milner instead of Thiago for this one it’s likely to be physical again

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2021, 09:32:34 pm »
Bitter vs Betters
Into these...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2021, 09:33:33 pm »
Thanks for the post HK. I hope we don’t let last year dwell on our minds as we need to maintain our consistent professional approach. At no stage do we want to get involved in nonsense although Richarlison worries me with his wreckless tackles.

We need to keep winning and a draw is no good for us. Let’s destroy them.
#JFT97

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2021, 09:33:43 pm »
A win and no injuries would be great thanks.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2021, 09:47:57 pm »
Can't wait to see what sort of mad line-up Big Jurgen throws at us this year!
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2021, 09:56:02 pm »
I would really like a thumping victory - like we did again the redMancs.

They will have Richie La back for this - as well as Demari Grey and Doucoure to start. Gives them significantly more "quality" than they have had for the last 3-4 weeks.

Rafa will play this like a European away.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2021, 09:57:43 pm »
Thanks Henry for the OP. Beautifully done.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2021, 10:00:22 pm »
;D Love the stadium picture in the OP

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2021, 10:04:20 pm »
Really hope Virgil gets a goal, preferably the winner, and just stands motionless in front of little arms.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2021, 10:06:37 pm »
Really hope Virgil gets a goal, preferably the winner, and just stands motionless in front of little arms.
I'd rather Virgil doesn't go near that dinosaur-hands keeper.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2021, 10:12:15 pm »
The stadium pic  ;D.  They have been bang average the last couple months but no doubt they will raise their game against us.  Just hope for any sort of victory and no injuries. 

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2021, 10:16:22 pm »
Divock to come on and score his customary goal(s) against these toads
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2021, 10:23:26 pm »
We have to destroy these on Wednesday.

First, to get Rafa fired and out of that toxic dump. It’s for his own good.

Second, to inflict such psychological damage on the players that they plummet to relegation. I never want to worry about the Derby ever again. It’s utterly wrong that a sporting event’s primary concern is whether one team is going to deliberately try and end the careers of the other team’s players. If Everton are ever going to find their soul again, they need a long time in the wilderness.

I hate these matches so much, not least because I have fond memories of a lifetime ago when I’d go to Goodison with my blue uncles and have a great time despite my mum bringing me up as a red. They’re still sound but my cousins have been replaced by whatever venomous, twisted alien life forms took over the fan base in the nineties.

Oh, and the three points wouldn’t go amiss either.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Darkness

• Tedious WUM, loves betting on Man U
  • Main Stander
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2021, 10:58:31 pm »
God I wish Van Djik and Thiago scores against these c*nts.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2021, 11:18:45 pm »
I know Klopp has noted he'd rather the game have less 'physicality' than it does, and of course he wasn't exactly born in L4, but I hope we're even more roused than a usual game for this - we really should be. This time two years ago we slotted them everywhere around Anfield 5-2, and to some extent it felt like 'just another game', but I don't think it does right now. It feels like we have to punish them.

Doesn't matter if it's Rafa or 'Big Dunc™' - get into these, because they look like the biggest firm of shithouses in the premier league, and I mean that to the truest sense of the word. These are fucking cowards, and if we go there with the right mentality, we could make the Man United result from last month look like a run of the mill cup score against a league two side.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2021, 11:44:24 pm »
is richarlison out for them?  not that id fear him much as a player. he is just a dangerous c*nt.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2021, 11:48:46 pm »
is richarlison out for them?  not that id fear him much as a player. he is just a dangerous c*nt.

Nah should be back. Didn't play today cos he was suspended.

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2021, 11:56:57 pm »
HEY RAFA...remember to make  it better

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2021, 12:04:48 am »
Wouldn’t play VVD for this personally