The Liverpool FC Forum > Anfield Stadium

Standing responsibly

(1/8) > >>

Billy Elliot:

"I'm pretty sure the people are now responsible enough to do it in the right way," said Klopp.

"The stadiums are completely different to the time when really sad, sad things happened."

As an eight year old kid I was responsible enough to stand at matches in the right way, so not happy with that. If anybody else came out with that, the Twitter Fam would be all over him, demanding an apology. Not after one like, but surprised he said it and the comms team didn't pick it up.

afc tukrish:

--- Quote from: Billy Elliot on September 24, 2021, 04:59:01 pm ---
"I'm pretty sure the people are now responsible enough to do it in the right way," said Klopp.

"The stadiums are completely different to the time when really sad, sad things happened."

As an eight year old kid I was responsible enough to stand at matches in the right way, so not happy with that. If anybody else came out with that, the Twitter Fam would be all over him, demanding an apology. Not after one like, but surprised he said it and the comms team didn't pick it up.

--- End quote ---

Dunno, just possible he meant those in charge of designing stadia and crowd safety as much as the crowds themselves. Like, everyone concerned.

Think he was just making a comment to raise the possibility of a return to standing at matches, not solely to blame the spectators who used to stand.

Billy Elliot:
We stood responsibly at some really shit grounds. He could have meant the people designing the grounds, I suppose. But doesn't read well.

Can you imagine the reaction if Solskjaer or Guardiola had said it?

Could you imagine Benitez even saying that?

Don't want to see a big apology or anything but someone needs to pull him up on it, and have a word.

El Lobo:
Good lord

SouthDerryLaggo:
I’m pretty sure he means football stadia are just safer places to be now

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version