Author Topic: Crystal Palace home  (Read 28012 times)

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Crystal Palace home
« Reply #320 on: May 17, 2021, 07:47:15 pm »
Didn't think about not being able to buy anything to eat or drink in there, will they relax rules on bringing stuff in with you then?  Thinking more a bottle with a drink.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #321 on: May 17, 2021, 08:06:29 pm »
It might say but I didn't spot it. In Dec they were all shut but we were in lockdown. I took chocolate as it was Xmas :D
We are a team of one half.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: May 17, 2021, 08:09:20 pm »
It might say but I didn't spot it. In Dec they were all shut but we were in lockdown. I took chocolate as it was Xmas :D

Thanks, I will take my normal snack for late Sunday kick off but don't want to not have a drink all game.  I'll take a bottle a disposable bottle just in case.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: May 17, 2021, 08:21:30 pm »
Anybody got spares?

Just need the two, ta.

Mods - can we have the ticket exchange back for this one? Nice one.

How you gonna get a spare. The tickets are nfc tickets

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #324 on: May 17, 2021, 08:22:25 pm »
They definitely did refreshments at the Wolves game, as I had three hot chocolates and a pie. A limited choice though, and no beer.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: May 17, 2021, 08:37:52 pm »
And afterwards you have to wait until it is your turn to leave, a few rows at a time. Masks, entry times, leaving afterwards is all in the supporters' code of conduct which you sign up to by buying a ticket. It's a trial and the club need people to be sensible, then next season we might be able to do what we usually do.

In blocks 304, 305 and 306 at the back of the Kop, with each block served by a separate stand-access gangway, the Club, in their wisdom, have decided that the whole of 305 needs to arrive around 90 minutes early, and the whole of 304/306 needs to arrived around 60 minutes early.

A more sensible approach would have had those in the centre of rows going in first, people either side of them 10 minutes later, and so on.

The allocation of seats is pisspoor too.  For the most part, they have used every 5th seat on alternate rows, leaving the intermediate rows largely unused.  That increases the likelihoood of people passing each other on a row.

In the main, they have allocated seats like this:

----X----X----X----X
---------------------
----X----X----X----X
---------------------
----X----X----X----X

... when they could have done:

X---------X---------X
-----X---------X-----
X---------X---------X
-----X---------X-----
X---------X---------X

Not only do fewer people have to pass one another on the row, they are also slightly further apart.

From what I could see, the intermediate rows have only been used towards the end of a row where there wasn't a multiple of 5 seats left.

Back to the staggered entry times: the only real requirement if for everyone to arrive sufficiently spaced out so that there is no congestion on the stairwells or bottlenecks at the turnstiles.  It is actually advantageous if a small proportion arrive after the designated entry times.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 08:39:29 pm by MKB »

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #326 on: May 17, 2021, 08:56:02 pm »
They've left whole rows blank? It was more like your 2nd diagram for WBA. You did feel quite close to some people and it wasn't helped when people sat next to mates, thereby making them closer but we had masks on most of the time. Stewards went around to remind you. Not sure if that is the case now?

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: May 17, 2021, 10:55:25 pm »
They haven't left entire rows blank.
I bought in consecutive rows in the kop.

I also have screen shots of main stand and upper centenary when helping a mate this morning and they have tickets in consecutive rows available still this morning.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #328 on: May 18, 2021, 06:56:29 am »

... when they could have done:

X---------X---------X
-----X---------X-----
X---------X---------X
-----X---------X-----
X---------X---------X

Exactly how 305 is.... I'm in there and we have 3 spread across 2 rows so we're as close together as possible

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: May 18, 2021, 06:57:44 am »
Bollocks. Will phone club tomorrow to ask if this can be done, if not will try return tickets

Know people who have had the tickets cancelled as they're non-transferable for ballot fixtures...

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #330 on: May 18, 2021, 11:15:39 am »
Know people who have had the tickets cancelled as they're non-transferable for ballot fixtures...

Yep just asked and returned mine, couldnt get my friend in so no point, let someone else who can actually go.

You can take the risk of downloading the ticket on your phone via your friends/family account but if they ask for ID then no dice and you'll get turn away. Not worth it.

Should be two more tickets in anfield road for anyone!
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #331 on: May 18, 2021, 11:26:03 am »
You'll not just get turned away you'll have your memberships and credits taken away

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #332 on: May 18, 2021, 11:31:50 am »
Didn't think about not being able to buy anything to eat or drink in there, will they relax rules on bringing stuff in with you then?  Thinking more a bottle with a drink.

It says somewhere in all the info you can take in a small bottle of water.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #333 on: May 18, 2021, 11:35:48 am »
Think I read they'll be using seat serve somewhere. So you can order whilst in the ground.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: May 18, 2021, 11:46:14 am »

Glad vodka is clear :D

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: May 18, 2021, 11:46:20 am »
Think I read they'll be using seat serve somewhere. So you can order whilst in the ground.

In code of conduct pdf (page 4)

https://d3j2s6hdd6a7rg.cloudfront.net/v2/uploads/media/default/0002/22/9ebe33ff2318b051231e0d4ee24fc9227f036129.pdf
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: May 18, 2021, 12:27:53 pm »

Thanks, not got around to reading all the info yet.  Assumed they would allow it.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: May 18, 2021, 12:34:34 pm »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: May 18, 2021, 12:51:45 pm »
Yeah thanks, got it sorted now.  The PDF the club have is better to understand than the watered down pics on the website.

I assume I can ignore the time it says to go into the stadium? I usally arrive an hour before kick off, not waiting around for my time.

I would try to get there for the slot. Otherwise 10,000 people all queuing at the turnstiles 15 minutes before kickoff won't really be a great look to be honest
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 01:57:17 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: May 18, 2021, 12:53:21 pm »
The negative test is an advisory and not compulsory as far as the club are concerned.

It doesn't take much effort at all to order some test kits online or pop to your local test centre if you have the time in any case. Might as well get it done for the safety of our supporters more than anything.
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: May 18, 2021, 01:03:57 pm »
How long does the stadium exit process take? I'm in the 100s so hoping I'd be exiting swift-ish?

Just trying to make sure I get the cheapest possible train ticket but also don't end up missing the return leg lol.
YNWA.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: May 18, 2021, 01:23:13 pm »
I would try to get their for the slot. Otherwise 10,000 people all queuing at the turnstiles 15 minutes before kickoff won't really be a great look to be honest

I want to go in earlier not later! I'll sit in the car and read for bit longer then.

I would normally be at the ground an hour to an hour half before the game. Such a creature of habit.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 01:43:03 pm by ChrisLFCKOP »

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: May 18, 2021, 01:58:37 pm »
I want to go in earlier not later! I'll sit in the car and read for bit longer then.

I would normally be at the ground an hour to an hour half before the game. Such a creature of habit.

OH haha, I have an entry slot of like 2.15pm so I'll be twiddling my thumbs. I usually prefer getting in early too when the toilets aren't wrecked.  ;)
YNWA.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #343 on: May 18, 2021, 03:56:35 pm »
OH haha, I have an entry slot of like 2.15pm so I'll be twiddling my thumbs. I usually prefer getting in early too when the toilets aren't wrecked.  ;)
Yeah I remember when I was doing a dry January or something and to remove temptation going in early and sitting there in the cold for 2 hours until kick off. Enough to drive a man to drink.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline John Higgins

• Anny Roader
« Reply #344 on: May 18, 2021, 05:34:27 pm »
Not that I had a huge amount of choice but I deliberately chose a wing section of the Anny road so as to be able to go in as late as possible and be out as quick as possible. Have only been in the away end once before and that was before the loft conversion was added in about 1999.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: May 18, 2021, 06:48:36 pm »
Yeah I remember when I was doing a dry January or something and to remove temptation going in early and sitting there in the cold for 2 hours until kick off. Enough to drive a man to drink.

;D

I think there was one winter it was so cold and I was there an hour before kick-off so I decided to buy a pizza in the Main Stand and honestly, it's a rip-off but surprisingly good. Never sat there again but I'll never look down upon anyone ordering one again.  ;)
YNWA.

Offline BootleRed

• Kopite
  • Put yerself in my shoes for a change!
« Reply #346 on: May 18, 2021, 07:54:47 pm »
Sorry if i'm being a tool here.... but am i right in saying the ticket can be downloaded onto someones phone who is listed as Friends and Family? Bleeding hope so anyway!!..... on another point whenever i try to download the ticket nothing happens so does anyone know if they only go live at a certain time or something like that before i contact the club tomorrow?!

Thanks and sorry if im being stupid :-)
We're not English -We are Scouse.

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #347 on: May 18, 2021, 08:08:13 pm »
You cannot let family or friends use it for the palace game only the person who qualified

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #348 on: May 18, 2021, 09:15:08 pm »

I went in earlier than mine and thee was no problem as it was quiet. That was E&F. Can't see them.making you wait as they know ppl will still be in the pub.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #349 on: May 18, 2021, 09:19:10 pm »
How does the seat serve work as I wouldn't want waiters going past me during a match. Even at HT it would annoy me. Or do ppl have to go down to collect them?

Only seen it in hospitality at tennis :) when people aren't there for the sport
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 09:20:47 pm by Shanklygates »

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: May 18, 2021, 10:21:21 pm »
I think you order on your phone and then go and collect it at HT from the concourse.

Offline cjc9020801Beverly Hills

• Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team of Carraghers
« Reply #351 on: May 18, 2021, 10:33:10 pm »
Now to work out this NFC stuff.

My ticket won’t download to Google Pay. I keep getting error message saying Google Pay cannot save the pass. I’ve got NFC enabled on my S10 as I use it to pay all the time. Anyone else getting this issue?

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #352 on: May 18, 2021, 10:43:38 pm »
How does the seat serve work as I wouldn't want waiters going past me during a match. Even at HT it would annoy me. Or do ppl have to go down to collect them?

Pretty sure it's only available to the people on the first 4 or 5 seats from the aisle.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #353 on: May 18, 2021, 10:54:25 pm »
Pretty sure it's only available to the people on the first 4 or 5 seats from the aisle.
Cheers Stoz.
My ST seat is at the end of the aisle and it's bad enough with people and their weak bladders :D or going out for food. If they get in my way during play they'll hear about it!  Not at Palace but if it carries on. It's ok when we are standing up but at times they make us sit down. They did at Xmas

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #354 on: May 18, 2021, 11:05:50 pm »
Shocked!! Free drink at Anfield!
"For this game, we will be offering free refreshments to all fans with complimentary hot drinks and bottled water. Any food and drink bought on the concourses must be consumed at your allocated seat or viewing position to allow as much space in concourse areas as possible.

Seat Serve will also be in operation throughout the stadium for you to buy food and drink and have it served directly to your seat – download the app here: http://anfield.seatserve.com/

Social distancing must be observed on the external and internal concourse areas. When using the toilets please follow the guidance on display, observe social distancing and use the handwashing and sanitisation facilities available."

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/return-of-supporters-to-anfield/inside-the-stadium

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: May 18, 2021, 11:15:43 pm »
You cannot let family or friends use it for the palace game only the person who qualified

But next season....

Right, I've got around 60 friends and family (whooo - look at me!). I'd say at least 20 of them are people who post on these forums. So, if we asked for a ticket - even if we had to use phones or NFC or whatever it's called - they could just transfer it couldn't they?

I reckon there's a lot of people who post on the ticket forum who are linked up with each other, like me.

Mods - on that basis, would there be a way to bring back the ticket exchange some time in the future, without breaking any regs or anything?

Just a thought.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #356 on: May 18, 2021, 11:24:25 pm »
You can only pass tickets to F&F you are linked to at the start of the season, then you can't change them until next season they have said so what would be te benefit?

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: May 18, 2021, 11:26:21 pm »
No, the club have set clear rules and are being extremely flexible in the first instance.

The thread will be locked if the discussion continues mate.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: May 18, 2021, 11:30:52 pm »
No, the club have set clear rules and are being extremely flexible in the first instance.

The thread will be locked if the discussion continues mate.

Sound, no probs.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: May 19, 2021, 12:16:57 am »
My ticket won’t download to Google Pay. I keep getting error message saying Google Pay cannot save the pass. I’ve got NFC enabled on my S10 as I use it to pay all the time. Anyone else getting this issue?
I had the same problem using the Samsung internet browser kept keeping that error message but went onto it via google chrome and downloaded straight away so not sure if it’s a browser problem