Author Topic: Liverpool FC - stuff about the less well known men in the suits  (Read 26891 times)

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool FC - stuff about the less well known men in the suits
« Reply #200 on: October 10, 2020, 08:19:01 am »
FSG in talks to sell a stake to Red Ball holdings (this would get confusing)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/red-sox-owner-in-talks-for-deal-with-redball-acquisition-11602286661?redirect=amp#click=https://t.co/Ift8YspOy

I'm sure some posters will be here to discuss the money side soon, but more interesting to me was this bit

As a public company, Fenway could look to buy up more clubs in Europe, where a number have been on the block, according to a person familiar with the matter. 

Oh this was talked about 2 pages ago so not that new then  ;D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 08:42:07 am by Chris~ »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #201 on: October 10, 2020, 08:22:03 am »
FSG in talks to sell a stake to Red Ball holdings (this would get confusing)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/red-sox-owner-in-talks-for-deal-with-redball-acquisition-11602286661?redirect=amp#click=https://t.co/Ift8YspOy

I'm sure some posters will be here to discuss the money side soon, but more interesting to me was this bit

Noo!

You've uttered the evil incantation which will call up the demon Al666 from the depths of hell!

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: October 10, 2020, 10:24:58 am »
Boston Red Sox owner John Henry is in talks to join with an investment vehicle for an $8 billion deal that would take his famed sports holdings public, according to people familiar with the matter.

The deal being discussed would merge Fenway Sports Group LLC, which also owns English soccer team Liverpool Football Club, with RedBall Acquisition Corp. RBAC 0.20% , the people said. RedBall is a so-called special purpose acquisition company launched by private-equity firm RedBird Capital Partners and Oakland Athletics executive Billy Beane.

RedBall, which raised $575 million in August to buy businesses in sports and sports-related media and data analytics, plans to raise an additional $1 billion to purchase a stake that will total less than 25% in Fenway Sports Group and value it at $8 billion including debt, some of the people said.

The talks are in the early innings and could still fall apart. Fenway’s investors had a meeting recently to discuss the potential transaction, one of the people said.

Also known as blank-check companies, SPACs effectively turn the traditional model for initial public offerings on its head by raising money before they develop a business. They use the proceeds to make an acquisition—usually within a couple of years—that converts the target into a public company.

There has been an unexpected boom this year in blank-check deal making, which has gone in and out of favor over the years, as an increasingly large stable of startups and other private companies seek a more expeditious route to the public markets and sponsors hunt for opportunities in the economic dislocation caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #203 on: December 25, 2020, 06:09:41 am »
https://theathletic.com/2276338/2020/12/25/liverpool-managers-klinsmann-curbishley-ancelotti-mourinho/

Curbishley, Strachan, Klinsmann, and Pellegrini, Deschamps after Rafa left(the last two would've been better than Hodgson obviously) were all considered for manager.

Purslow wanted to bring in Mark Hughes as assistant manager to Rafa :lmao

Also this line stood out to me at least ("them" being Stevie and Carra):

“How would you feel about a continental manager?” Parry asked them. “The chairman is concerned you might not want another foreigner.”

I didn't know which thread to put this in, but this just makes you appreciate the people in charge now even more.

Not that they weren't without their own initial mistakes of course but at least they seem to be learning

"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: February 27, 2021, 05:32:16 am »

FSG’s interest in a strategic partner pre-date the pandemic but reports in the United States last night suggested it had agreed to sell ten percent of the company to RedBird and raise as much as $750 million. When RedBird were asked about this development by The Athletic, they refused to comment.

https://theathletic.com/2410967/2021/02/27/can-fsgs-business-model-deliver-the-dynasty-liverpool-fans-demand/

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #205 on: February 27, 2021, 07:46:45 am »
FSG’s interest in a strategic partner pre-date the pandemic but reports in the United States last night suggested it had agreed to sell ten percent of the company to RedBird and raise as much as $750 million. When RedBird were asked about this development by The Athletic, they refused to comment.

https://theathletic.com/2410967/2021/02/27/can-fsgs-business-model-deliver-the-dynasty-liverpool-fans-demand/

Major League Baseball is a closed shop RedBird or FSG would not be able to comment until they had the approval of the other owners. The other owners get to vote on who owns each franchise. For instance when NESV bought the Red Sox in 2002 it was with the 2nd highest bid but as Henry was already the owner of a franchise NESV's bid was voted through.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: November 17, 2021, 11:46:49 am »
Didn't know where to put this but it looks like FSG are in talks to purchase the Pittsburgh Penguins of the NHL.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/32646194/fenway-sports-group-advanced-talks-purchase-pittsburgh-penguins-source-says

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: November 17, 2021, 12:14:17 pm »
Didn't know where to put this but it looks like FSG are in talks to purchase the Pittsburgh Penguins of the NHL.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/32646194/fenway-sports-group-advanced-talks-purchase-pittsburgh-penguins-source-says

Thats the Mbappe money gone then.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #208 on: November 17, 2021, 12:27:42 pm »
They any midfielders we can use?

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: November 17, 2021, 02:06:27 pm »

There was speculation earlier that they're looking to buy a NBA franchise as well.

Could be prudent compared to trying to compete financially with oil rich states now looking to sportswash their image and putting trust in a weak organisation who can't or won't even enforce their own rules.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: November 17, 2021, 02:13:13 pm »
They any midfielders we can use?

No, but Mario Lemieux used to play for them - number two after Gretzky in my mind - so had I been a billionaire I'd buy them just for that..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #211 on: November 17, 2021, 02:18:57 pm »
No, but Mario Lemieux used to play for them - number two after Gretzky in my mind - so had I been a billionaire I'd buy them just for that..

And is one of the current owners (in fact he bought then when he was still a player  8) ) and will retain a role within the club after FSG buy them.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: November 17, 2021, 02:38:43 pm »
There was speculation earlier that they're looking to buy a NBA franchise as well.

Could be prudent compared to trying to compete financially with oil rich states now looking to sportswash their image and putting trust in a weak organisation who can't or won't even enforce their own rules.

There's no indication that the potential purchase of the Penguins has anything to do with their ownership of LFC.  They made it clear back when Redbird took a stake in FSG that they were looking to expand their portfolio and add more sports franchises to it along with potentially more football clubs.  The Penguins purchase simply seems to be the first other sports team they are buying.   

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #213 on: November 17, 2021, 02:50:54 pm »

I'll make an early prediction that someone on here will link this to our current our lack of midfield options, or Gini being allowed to leave, or us not replacing Lovren in 2019.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: November 17, 2021, 03:06:22 pm »
I'll make an early prediction that someone on here will link this to our current our lack of midfield options, or Gini being allowed to leave, or us not replacing Lovren in 2019.

Yep. Every dropped point will now be met with "SHAME WE CANT PLAY THAT ICE HOCKEY TEAM UP FRONT"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: November 17, 2021, 03:16:45 pm »
WHERE'S THE PENGUIN MONEY JOHN?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: November 17, 2021, 03:21:58 pm »
WHERE'S THE PENGUIN MONEY JOHN?

WHERE'S THE POLAR BEAR MONEY JOHN?

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #217 on: November 17, 2021, 06:11:05 pm »
It's obvious, Edwards is going to go and head up the Penguins. Will probably take all the staff with him as FSGs focus will turn on getting the penguins home. Doubt we'll sign another player till they win the NHL.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline NewfoundRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Come from Away
« Reply #218 on: November 17, 2021, 07:41:59 pm »
If they were going to pick a team that needs revitalising after a long barren period, they should consider the Toronto Maple Leafs. That would be a real challenge.

Pittsburgh won the cup in 2017.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #219 on: November 17, 2021, 08:18:48 pm »
If they were going to pick a team that needs revitalising after a long barren period, they should consider the Toronto Maple Leafs. That would be a real challenge.

Pittsburgh won the cup in 2017.

the most valuable ‘franchise’ (awful term, sorry!) in hockey?

I don’t think that would be viable for FSG even if they where for sale!

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #220 on: November 17, 2021, 08:19:59 pm »

My prediction would be that the first person to bring it up would be someone who joined the forum at exactly the time NESV were in the process of buying the club. Someone who is like clockwork and looks to head of any criticism of his beloved FSG.  ;)
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline NewfoundRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Come from Away
« Reply #221 on: November 17, 2021, 10:18:02 pm »
the most valuable ‘franchise’ (awful term, sorry!) in hockey?

I don’t think that would be viable for FSG even if they where for sale!

I was having a gentle poke at the Leafs rather than making a serious suggestion.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: November 29, 2021, 03:27:54 pm »
Fenway Sports Group, owner of Red Sox and Liverpool, agrees to buy Penguins

The sale is believed to be for around $900 million, The Athletic's Pierre LeBrun reports.

https://theathletic.com/news/fenway-sports-group-owner-of-red-sox-and-liverpool-agrees-to-buy-penguins/ASVXEi41RYtF/

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #223 on: November 29, 2021, 03:37:48 pm »
Fenway Sports Group, owner of Red Sox and Liverpool, agrees to buy Penguins

The sale is believed to be for around $900 million, The Athletic's Pierre LeBrun reports.

https://theathletic.com/news/fenway-sports-group-owner-of-red-sox-and-liverpool-agrees-to-buy-penguins/ASVXEi41RYtF/

There'll be no Mbappe signing then, I'll tell the children
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #224 on: November 29, 2021, 03:54:33 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-p-aebcuoYo&amp;ab_channel=Amtran727" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-p-aebcuoYo&amp;ab_channel=Amtran727</a>
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #225 on: November 29, 2021, 03:59:40 pm »
Nice one John, kids are in tears here

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: November 29, 2021, 04:05:27 pm »
Got Penguins for christmas,great.   :D

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: November 29, 2021, 04:13:31 pm »
Fucking Penguins.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: November 29, 2021, 04:45:42 pm »
Fucking Penguins.

Effes likes this post.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: November 29, 2021, 07:50:16 pm »
Effes likes this post.

He had some kinks. ;D

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #230 on: November 29, 2021, 07:51:42 pm »
Effes likes this post.

Come over all a-flutter, he would...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...