Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1378411 times)

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #3400 on: April 26, 2019, 08:50:14 pm »
another assist :D we have best two fullbacks in world football.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3401 on: April 26, 2019, 09:02:12 pm »
Georgeous pass,perfection.

What a player he already is and it's frightening how good he will be.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #3402 on: April 26, 2019, 09:42:09 pm »
THERE HE GOES
THERE HE GOES AGAIN
OXLAIDE CHAMBERLAIN
YOUR MIDFIELD CANT CONTAIN
YOUR DEFENCE GOES INSANE

DU DU DU DU DU DU

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #3403 on: April 26, 2019, 10:02:08 pm »
Wrong thread mate

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #3404 on: April 26, 2019, 10:07:52 pm »
We have the best wing backs in the world. I'll put this in the Robbo thread too.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3405 on: April 26, 2019, 10:11:35 pm »
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3406 on: April 26, 2019, 10:12:42 pm »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3407 on: April 26, 2019, 10:13:13 pm »
Gerrardesque pass.

Easily best RB in the league and not long until he's the best in Europe.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #3408 on: April 26, 2019, 11:19:03 pm »
Wrong thread mate
I love it anyway mate! ;D
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3409 on: April 26, 2019, 11:23:12 pm »
THERE HE GOES
THERE HE GOES AGAIN
TRENT AA’S THE MAIN
RIGHT BACK HOUSE OF PAIN
YOUR DEFENCE GOES INSANE

DU DU DU DU DU DU
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3410 on: April 29, 2019, 10:41:03 am »
Can’t help but feel he should of won PFA young player of the year.

Sterling has been great but he’s 24 and has plenty of experience . Not sure he can be  considered Young now.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3411 on: April 29, 2019, 10:49:16 am »

Sterling has been great but he’s 24 and has plenty of experience . Not sure he can be  considered Young now.

It's bollocks that you can still win it at 24.  Just like Kane did a few years back!

Should be a limit of 21/22 I think.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3412 on: April 30, 2019, 06:30:58 am »

Sterling has been class and comfortably better than Trent (who has been great). Sterling deserved an award, to be fair to him. Still a little prick, mind.

Plenty of time for Trent to win the award. Still only 20.

Offline Rainbow Laces

• Anny Roader
  • We are the men of Shankly's best
« Reply #3413 on: April 30, 2019, 08:17:12 am »
Saying "Sterling deserved an award" is a bit nonsensical though isn't it. Planty of people "deserve" them, the whole point of individual awards is that they pick one stand-out player above the rest. There isn't a runner up, and shouldn't be. The YPOTY award needs to be revised. I was having a look around the other day and the general consensus seems to be consistent across all bases - the age range needs to be revised as 24 is no longer young in the modern game, it's getting on for mid-career for some players. I reckon a cap of players turning 23 in THAT season (so at most those that turned 23 between January and May this year, for example) would be a lot more accurate in reflecting and recognizing young breakthrough players, which is the whole point of the thing.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3414 on: April 30, 2019, 08:40:15 am »
Saying "Sterling deserved an award" is a bit nonsensical though isn't it. Planty of people "deserve" them, the whole point of individual awards is that they pick one stand-out player above the rest. There isn't a runner up, and shouldn't be. The YPOTY award needs to be revised. I was having a look around the other day and the general consensus seems to be consistent across all bases - the age range needs to be revised as 24 is no longer young in the modern game, it's getting on for mid-career for some players. I reckon a cap of players turning 23 in THAT season (so at most those that turned 23 between January and May this year, for example) would be a lot more accurate in reflecting and recognizing young breakthrough players, which is the whole point of the thing.

On the contrary, its nonsensical to say he doesn't deserve it. If he is eligible (he is), he clearly deserves it over anyone else eligible.

Whether he should be eligible or not is another discussion entirely. I personally think 21 should be the cut off point.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3415 on: April 30, 2019, 08:54:36 am »

Close call between Trent and Ben Foster for young player of the year I think, the latter has done well this year for his age.

Also think 21 should be the limit for young player of the year - there's plenty of talent around at that age to hand it out then rather than to someone who might be almost half way through their career.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3416 on: April 30, 2019, 12:36:27 pm »
Close call between Trent and Ben Foster for young player of the year I think, the latter has done well this year for his age.

Also think 21 should be the limit for young player of the year - there's plenty of talent around at that age to hand it out then rather than to someone who might be almost half way through their career.

Foster still has time on his hands. I reckon he’s in with a shout next year.

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #3417 on: May 2, 2019, 02:35:52 am »
I thought he was unlucky to not get selected last night. Feel sorry for the lad that given the season he's had we've not trusted him on the biggest stage. I feel he could have made a difference.
If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #3418 on: May 2, 2019, 08:20:43 am »
I thought he was unlucky to not get selected last night. Feel sorry for the lad that given the season he's had we've not trusted him on the biggest stage. I feel he could have made a difference.

He'd certainly have produced better dead ball delivery. Milner's corners were rubbish.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #3419 on: May 2, 2019, 08:27:30 am »
One of the mistakes from klopp in our starting lineup. We had Gomez on to shut out Alba but he can’t cross a ball like Trent can plus Alba made the assist for the first anyway!!

He was badly missed and I’m sure he’ll be disappointed as he should be

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #3420 on: May 2, 2019, 01:04:44 pm »
I hilariously got pelted on the previous page for thinking Klopp would go ahead with Gomez. I still think the choice was mainly made cause he thinks Trent is tired and not a trust issue on the biggest stage which is simply not true since he begun the CL final last season was one of our best players. We missed his delivery for sure though and Joe just wasn't good enough.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3421 on: May 2, 2019, 01:10:14 pm »
I hilariously got pelted on the previous page for thinking Klopp would go ahead with Gomez. I still think the choice was mainly made cause he thinks Trent is tired and not a trust issue on the biggest stage which is simply not true since he begun the CL final last season was one of our best players. We missed his delivery for sure though and Joe just wasn't good enough.

Don't know if you're including me in the hilarity cos I did think Klopp doing that would be odd, but I think last night showed my point exactly (which it seems we agreed on).

But still would have been fine with Gomez's pretty good return from injury if we took him off as his shoulders were dropping in the 60+ minutes, and brought TAA on at 0-1 chasing an away goal while keeping the ball reasonably well everywhere except at right back.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #3422 on: May 2, 2019, 03:13:38 pm »
Don't know if you're including me in the hilarity cos I did think Klopp doing that would be odd, but I think last night showed my point exactly (which it seems we agreed on).

But still would have been fine with Gomez's pretty good return from injury if we took him off as his shoulders were dropping in the 60+ minutes, and brought TAA on at 0-1 chasing an away goal while keeping the ball reasonably well everywhere except at right back.

Oh believe me, I was asking that as well. I think we needed that sub. Others may have thought that while Gomez was not so good, a right back for a right back would seem a bit of 'waste' of a sub but he is one of our best playmakers.

The hilarity (as in hilariously bad) thing was referring to posting a take and getting pelters and people reaching to mad conclusions. I repeat, for a football take which is wild. It had nothing to do if someone disagreed with it but just the way you go about it. What I found really funny is I would have picked Trent too, it's just what I thought Klopp would do.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3423 on: May 2, 2019, 03:24:50 pm »
One of the biggest compliments I can give him is when he doesn't play, you notice it massively

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3424 on: May 2, 2019, 03:31:02 pm »
Needs to play next Tuesday. That right side is there for the taking. Just like they didn''t worry about Alba leavign them exposed, we shoudln't be worryign about Trent leaving us exposed. With how high Alba pushes up, that right side is there to be exposed and it will allow Salah to tuck in.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3425 on: May 2, 2019, 03:33:22 pm »
Trent should have been rested for the Huddersfield game and kept fresh for starting the game last night.

Really missed his attacking play last night, Alba must have been happy when he saw Gomez starting.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #3426 on: May 2, 2019, 05:30:18 pm »
Needs to play next Tuesday. That right side is there for the taking. Just like they didn''t worry about Alba leavign them exposed, we shoudln't be worryign about Trent leaving us exposed. With how high Alba pushes up, that right side is there to be exposed and it will allow Salah to tuck in.

Based on the game last night, you will have a better attack with TAA and maybe you can put more pressure on Alba to defend, but you will give Messi more of a free reign in the center. That's what Gomez did, help crowd the center so Messi couldn't get too much time on the ball. And it worked, most agree Messi didn't run the game last night, our crowding was effective. It's no surprise when Gomez clearly tired is when Messi made his best runs through the middle.   
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #3427 on: May 2, 2019, 05:44:41 pm »
Based on the game last night, you will have a better attack with TAA and maybe you can put more pressure on Alba to defend, but you will give Messi more of a free reign in the center. That's what Gomez did, help crowd the center so Messi couldn't get too much time on the ball. And it worked, most agree Messi didn't run the game last night, our crowding was effective. It's no surprise when Gomez clearly tired is when Messi made his best runs through the middle.   

The issue with that is that it also hinders Robertson as actually all you do is switch your focus to his side and you then have an impaired attack on both flanks.
If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3428 on: May 2, 2019, 05:48:59 pm »

Tired? Even tired TAA is better than rested Gomez at RB. Why he never thinks about Robbo being tired?

Whatever it was, it was a mistake by Klopp.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #3429 on: May 2, 2019, 05:53:28 pm »
One of the mistakes from klopp in our starting lineup.

HIndsight is 20:20. TAA has struggled against a few attackers recently and was taken out of the starting line up as we were up against possibly the best attack in world football.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3430 on: May 2, 2019, 05:58:57 pm »

You did mate. I was one who laughed at the idea. Sorry!

Although I think maybe it wasn't Jurgen's best decision to date....
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #3431 on: May 2, 2019, 06:02:39 pm »
The issue with that is that it also hinders Robertson as actually all you do is switch your focus to his side and you then have an impaired attack on both flanks.

Robertson is a much better defender in general than TAA and his pace was crucial against closing down Messi. Basically by playing Trent and Robertson over 2 legs you as a manager are betting the results entirely on outscoring Messi and Suarez in an open shootout. It could happen, but you can understand Klopp's reservation with going for that approach over 2 legs, especially with Firmino not being fully fit. 
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3432 on: May 2, 2019, 07:42:06 pm »
Robertson is a much better defender in general than TAA and his pace was crucial against closing down Messi.

Er, no he isn't.

It's amazing how consistently our fans miss that TAA predominantly defends his flank one one two while Robertson regularly has Mane in support (of course both flanks get support from our midfield too.

It's like the poster on a previous page saying Gomez is better at defending from RB than Trent, although he has made some mistakes that have led to goals. Trent's made fewer of those. And I don't think any were as poor as Gomez's last night. Robesrtson against Spurs and Munich has lost his bearings from the rest of the back line and played their attacker onside leading to a goal too. But no, it's only Trent who isn't great defensively.

Perception is a funny thing. Neville for example raves about Robertson's defending and then belittles Trent's. I think Trent's problem is his baby face and being so fucking talented at football it confuses people that he is also switched on defensively and good at concentrating.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3433 on: May 4, 2019, 10:19:26 pm »
is that another 2 assists?

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3434 on: May 4, 2019, 10:24:48 pm »
is that another 2 assists?

Yes.  Both him and Robbo on 11 now.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #3435 on: May 4, 2019, 11:31:56 pm »
Whips in some beautiful crosses but occasionally pretty rank defensively alongside as well.

Offline arfy05

• Legacy Fan
  • Conspiracy Theorist
    • The arfy blog
« Reply #3436 on: May 4, 2019, 11:35:39 pm »
I think the Trent being weak defensively is a lazy comment. Generally the right sided CB is being rotated more regularly, which doesn’t help. VVD plays the opposite side and where Mane covers and protects Robbo, Mo by instruction spends a lot more time forward and as the out ball. Meaning Trent has to do more, also think the right sided mid at times needs to be better at holding, screening and protecting that side

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3437 on: May 4, 2019, 11:42:25 pm »
He's lucky they scored the first, was a great save on the line from him ;D

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3438 on: May 4, 2019, 11:45:43 pm »
I think the Trent being weak defensively is a lazy comment. Generally the right sided CB is being rotated more regularly, which doesn’t help. VVD plays the opposite side and where Mane covers and protects Robbo, Mo by instruction spends a lot more time forward and as the out ball. Meaning Trent has to do more, also think the right sided mid at times needs to be better at holding, screening and protecting that side
It's all relative.  He is probably our weakest defender defensively, but he's not weak.  Teams do tend to target him but again not because he's weak but because they generally get naff all down the middle and next to naff all down our left.

We live in the moment and you can't bag potential etc. etc. but there's not many 20-year old defenders starting regularly in the Premier League.  I really hope he doesn't get moved to the midfield as he's a gem of a right back and that's arguably a more important position for us with the way we play.

He got away with one with their goal, mind.  He owes Atsu a drink for putting the follow-up in.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3439 on: May 4, 2019, 11:46:42 pm »
He's lucky they scored the first, was a great save on the line from him ;D
Seriously though, intent to play the ball was not provable through replays - close proximity of the shot and the hand was not outstretched. Even VAR wouldn't help the ref here.

But the smirk on Trent's face during the post-game interview says it all...  :)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."