Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1378723 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #3600 on: May 8, 2019, 05:15:30 pm »
Was at the game and couldn't initially bring myself to celebrate full bore as I was convinced that was gonna get ruled out or go to VAR.  Thank fuck I'm a clueless whopper and neither happened.

Seriously though, what is the ruling on corners? Do you have to wait for a whistle or anything?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3601 on: May 8, 2019, 05:23:15 pm »
Was at the game and couldn't initially bring myself to celebrate full bore as I was convinced that was gonna get ruled out or go to VAR.  Thank fuck I'm a clueless whopper and neither happened.

Seriously though, what is the ruling on corners? Do you have to wait for a whistle or anything?

I don’t actually know! I don’t think so though, not unless the ref has held things up because of pushing and shoving. You see quick corners taken all the time, it’s just normally a short one to get things moving again. Peter Beardsley used to love them!

Offline Bcnsean

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3602 on: May 8, 2019, 05:28:45 pm »
Can't remember many sweeter goals.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3603 on: May 8, 2019, 05:47:38 pm »

Nope, functions the same way as a throw-in and as long as the ref sees it can be taken immediately. Of course, most teams tend to only take it once their center-halves are in the box so the defending team nearly always have sorted themselves off beforehand.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Redzson

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3604 on: May 8, 2019, 05:49:50 pm »
Hello,

I live in France and as I am not used to the mechanism of making songs for every player, I was wondering why TAA didn't have a song as he's a genuine LFC player ?

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3605 on: May 8, 2019, 05:57:50 pm »
To see Trent walk around the full pitch after the match and clap all the supporters was indicative of how classy the young lad genuinely is.

Super stuff. 

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3606 on: May 8, 2019, 06:00:47 pm »
Hello,

I live in France and as I am not used to the mechanism of making songs for every player, I was wondering why TAA didn't have a song as he's a genuine LFC player ?

He does have a song mate. I can’t tell you the name of the tune it’s sung to (but it’s a well known tune) as I have a shit memory but I’m sure someone will be along soon to tell you.

Words are something like “his name is Trent Alexander Arnold (and then some doo doo noises ) 😆
« Last Edit: May 8, 2019, 06:04:04 pm by sminp »
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Redzson

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3607 on: May 8, 2019, 06:05:41 pm »
Ok thank you ! I don't know why but I have a tune in my mind: "TNT" from ACDC which would fit for TAA  :)

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3608 on: May 8, 2019, 06:23:06 pm »

Pretty sure the linesman will block off the taker by standing in the quadrant if the ref requires any delay.

Offline Fernando_Torres_Was_Good

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #3609 on: May 8, 2019, 06:27:42 pm »
Definitely needs a proper song. We gave fucking Balotelli a proper song. This guy's a scouser, he's about 9 yrs old, and he's ripping apart Barcelona and the best in Europe on a regular basis.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #3610 on: May 8, 2019, 07:05:58 pm »
20 year old cheeky little scouser outsmarted one of the most street smart teams in the world. Sweet as fuck.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3611 on: May 8, 2019, 07:10:18 pm »
It's always a wonderful thing when a local lad makes the first team. But when he's already one of the best players in his position in the world at the age of 20 it's like manna from heaven.

The corner will go down as one of the most remembered goals ever scored by the Reds. It wasn't just its conception and perfect execution - a work of pure imagination with technique to match. It was also the fact that the lad had the courage to do it. Fuck it up and the moans would have been long and loud.

But he has courage. A courage that comes from self-belief, that precious thing for all footballers. Remember his freekick against Hoffenheim? That wasn't a seasoned pro grabbing the ball and saying "here I go again". It was a rooky.

The lad's brilliant - going forwards, going backwards, switching play across the pitch. He has it all.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3612 on: May 8, 2019, 07:14:46 pm »
He has it all.

He really does. My favourite player in this side. Love that after not playing in the first leg, he came out and dominated the second.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #3613 on: May 9, 2019, 04:50:17 am »
Just brilliance!
Can someone do a gif of the diagonal he did from the right touchline just about from the halfway line into space on the opposite flank floating over the Barca midfielder. It was like a guided missile floating and changing elevation.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3614 on: May 9, 2019, 05:05:11 am »
Just brilliance!
Can someone do a gif of the diagonal he did from the right touchline just about from the halfway line into space on the opposite flank floating over the Barca midfielder. It was like a guided missile floating and changing elevation.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1125861405675130883

And here's some bonus passes to chew on :)

https://twitter.com/JakeEntwistle/status/946199757176877056?s=19

https://twitter.com/comegetmemami/status/1115739420781686789?s=19

https://twitter.com/MrNickMason/status/1123160615126818821?s=19

https://twitter.com/HS_10Ftbol/status/1125019574834008064?s=19

And then there was one to Robertson today as well.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3615 on: May 9, 2019, 05:23:39 am »
What's the saying, play to the whistle & always be alert, if you watch the corner again, there's another ball on the pitch, Barcelona players switch off, just after the other ball clears the pitch the ref blows the whistle that it's ok to take the corner, Trent being alert spots this[as does Origi] & the Barca players have their backs behind the play, next thing the ball is in the net. ;D
#Sausages

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #3616 on: May 9, 2019, 05:26:30 am »
Thanks for sharing links...it was actually from behind the half way line....such wonderful technique

Offline Messiah

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #3617 on: May 9, 2019, 05:30:26 am »
You missed the best one

https://streamable.com/5wwnq
Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3618 on: May 9, 2019, 05:56:02 am »
Just has exquisite skills with crosses and long passes doesnt he... we really are blessed with two of the best fullbacks in world football. When did trent last sign a contract?  And is he due another? Based upon his recent performances I'd say so.. just can't believe he didn't start the first leg!! Joe Gomez is a much better centre back than he is a full back though. I don't think that he can currently displace Matip who's also been phenomenal. Get Joe back with a full pre-season and go from there I think.   But yeah, trent, fucking fantastic.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3619 on: May 9, 2019, 11:08:32 am »
He's just 20 and I think he'll be a one-club player so we've got maybe 10-15 more years of his genius and he's not even anywhere near his peak yet!

Just has exquisite skills with crosses and long passes doesnt he... we really are blessed with two of the best fullbacks in world football. When did trent last sign a contract?  And is he due another? Based upon his recent performances I'd say so.. just can't believe he didn't start the first leg!! Joe Gomez is a much better centre back than he is a full back though. I don't think that he can currently displace Matip who's also been phenomenal. Get Joe back with a full pre-season and go from there I think.   But yeah, trent, fucking fantastic.

He last signed a contract in January, extending it to 2024.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3620 on: May 9, 2019, 12:15:43 pm »
I watched the game again last night.

Around the 70 minute mark he hits a ridiculous cross field pass that was Xabiesque, Macca on commentary was like "Woooooaaar that had loads of fade on it"

He has bags of talent this kid.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #3621 on: May 9, 2019, 12:28:40 pm »
Just come across a really good article from 12 months ago about Trent. It's on the website of my old school, St Mary's, in Crosby

https://stmarys.ac/news/trent-alexander-arnold-champ-final

Offline The Naby Keita fan club

• Kopite
« Reply #3622 on: May 9, 2019, 02:02:23 pm »
So how many assists in all competitions this guy has this season? Must be huge. What a fucking unsung hero.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3623 on: May 9, 2019, 02:03:03 pm »
So how many assists in all competitions this guy has this season? Must be huge. What a fucking unsung hero.

12 (i think)
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3624 on: May 9, 2019, 02:03:45 pm »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3625 on: May 9, 2019, 02:04:21 pm »

14 I think it is. 13 for Robbo.

Both have 11 in the league.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3626 on: May 9, 2019, 02:22:50 pm »

15 for Trent, 13 for Robbo

• Kopite
« Reply #3627 on: May 9, 2019, 02:29:50 pm »

Wow. Cheers lads. Im thinking Trent will have a late growth, up to 180cm - already not a short arse like Alba - and he will start scoring headears as he is athletic as fuck. On the back post, he could convert those Robertsons crosses in to the net. I heard he scored a lot in unde-age level.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3628 on: May 9, 2019, 04:32:56 pm »
15 assists in 38 games this season (all comps)!

• Kopite
« Reply #3629 on: May 9, 2019, 05:19:25 pm »
It's always a wonderful thing when a local lad makes the first team. But when he's already one of the best players in his position in the world at the age of 20 it's like manna from heaven.

The corner will go down as one of the most remembered goals ever scored by the Reds. It wasn't just its conception and perfect execution - a work of pure imagination with technique to match. It was also the fact that the lad had the courage to do it. Fuck it up and the moans would have been long and loud.

But he has courage. A courage that comes from self-belief, that precious thing for all footballers. Remember his freekick against Hoffenheim? That wasn't a seasoned pro grabbing the ball and saying "here I go again". It was a rooky.

The lad's brilliant - going forwards, going backwards, switching play across the pitch. He has it all.

Nice one. Do you think they may have trained this kind of corner kick or was it just pure imagination from Trent

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3630 on: May 9, 2019, 05:45:13 pm »
Lap of honour on his own at the end of the game when the rest of the lads had gone into apparently

Just saw the video of the dressing room after on twitter and after a quick joke with Curtis Jones, he's just sitting there in utter disbelief

yeah, he was walking around applauding every part of the ground, taking it all in. he looked wide-eyed then.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #3631 on: May 9, 2019, 05:48:29 pm »
Nice one. Do you think they may have trained this kind of corner kick or was it just pure imagination from Trent
He said in his interview post match that it was just instinct. It makes it even more incredible as it looks like he just saw Divock last second and decided to go back.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite
« Reply #3632 on: May 9, 2019, 05:58:12 pm »
Young Trent puts me in mind of something my Dad told me at a match many moons ago. It was a different time back then with different attitudes but I think the sentiment still has meaning in this day and age.

It was a warm late spring afternoon when I watched, through tear stained eyes, the gladiator that thrilled us every week for over 10 glorious years leave the arena for the last time.
There wasn't a dry eye in the house and I'd avoided looking at my father, half in shame at my own tears but also out of the privacy of his.

It felt wrong to look at him in his time of grief. Surely he wouldn't want his son to see him in such a state of upset.
It would hit him hard, no doubt. I could recite his prophecies word for word, "this scouser will be one of the best in the world" and "he will lead us to the Promised Land". I'd been hearing them for 15 years now.

He had been right on the money about the best in the world part, alas, however much I squinted at the Promised Land part of the deal trying to make it fit, I struggled.
While old prophesies are notoriously slippery,The Promised Land can only really mean one thing. And by that yardstick the prophecy was a bust.
Still, we'll always have Istanbul.

I looked down at my phone news by way of delaying action, Brexit still dominating the headlines, nothing there to help.

Well, I couldn't stay here for eternity, so I took one last look at a Steven Gerrard dimminishing into the cavernous maw of the players tunnel, girded my loins, and turned to face... my dad, dry eyed and looking at me slightly bemused.

'Whats up with you soft lad?!'he said sanguinely

'I..I..I thought he was the one Dad?' I squeaked out, betraying my inner emotion

'The one?' he quizzed

I felt knocked sideways, as if everything i thought I ever knew was suddenly under need of revision

'The one who would lead us to the promised land' I replied after subconciously checking that the sky was indeed blue

The laughter that bellowed out of him will stick with me untill the day I die, such was the embarassment I felt at being so wrong.

'He was good Son, but he wasn't the prince that was promised!!'he hissed at me.

And at that he ripped of a ruby necklace I'd never seen on him before and turned to dust.

Not literaly mind. He'd been the buffet star before the game and had the calling.

So If your up there Dad (wifi is sketchy at best in the loft), I think I've found him.

Arise Ser Trent! The Prince That Was Promised. Dilly! Dilly!

• Kopite
« Reply #3633 on: May 9, 2019, 06:12:52 pm »
Young Trent puts me in mind of something my Dad told me at a match many moons ago. It was a different time back then with different attitudes but I think the sentiment still has meaning in this day and age.

It was a warm late spring afternoon when I watched, through tear stained eyes, the gladiator that thrilled us every week for over 10 glorious years leave the arena for the last time.
There wasn't a dry eye in the house and I'd avoided looking at my father, half in shame at my own tears but also out of the privacy of his.

It felt wrong to look at him in his time of grief. Surely he wouldn't want his son to see him in such a state of upset.
It would hit him hard, no doubt. I could recite his prophecies word for word, "this scouser will be one of the best in the world" and "he will lead us to the Promised Land". I'd been hearing them for 15 years now.

He had been right on the money about the best in the world part, alas, however much I squinted at the Promised Land part of the deal trying to make it fit, I struggled.
While old prophesies are notoriously slippery,The Promised Land can only really mean one thing. And by that yardstick the prophecy was a bust.
Still, we'll always have Istanbul.

I looked down at my phone news by way of delaying action, Brexit still dominating the headlines, nothing there to help.

Well, I couldn't stay here for eternity, so I took one last look at a Steven Gerrard dimminishing into the cavernous maw of the players tunnel, girded my loins, and turned to face... my dad, dry eyed and looking at me slightly bemused.

'Whats up with you soft lad?!'he said sanguinely

'I..I..I thought he was the one Dad?' I squeaked out, betraying my inner emotion

'The one?' he quizzed

I felt knocked sideways, as if everything i thought I ever knew was suddenly under need of revision

'The one who would lead us to the promised land' I replied after subconciously checking that the sky was indeed blue

The laughter that bellowed out of him will stick with me untill the day I die, such was the embarassment I felt at being so wrong.

'He was good Son, but he wasn't the prince that was promised!!'he hissed at me.

And at that he ripped of a ruby necklace I'd never seen on him before and turned to dust.

Not literaly mind. He'd been the buffet star before the game and had the calling.

So If your up there Dad (wifi is sketchy at best in the loft), I think I've found him.

Arise Ser Trent! The Prince That Was Promised. Dilly! Dilly!

This is a nice story. But not a word of your Dad! How did he keep that game alive??? What was his reaction after the final whistle

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3634 on: May 9, 2019, 06:15:56 pm »
Is there a video of the 4th goal for every angle anywhere?

Offline SweetSilverSevens

• Kopite
« Reply #3635 on: May 9, 2019, 06:19:05 pm »
That goal is one of my favourite goals this season. So clever, so cheeky!

Turned hope into reality  :)

Offline SweetSilverSevens

• Kopite
« Reply #3636 on: May 9, 2019, 06:19:37 pm »
Is there a video of the 4th goal for every angle anywhere?

There's loads on on the Audio/Video thread

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #3637 on: May 9, 2019, 11:14:20 pm »
Great story Helter Skelter, i enjoyed that.

Trents corner made me think how we used to have a bit of scouse wit/charm in us and he reminded me he is 100% winner (and a scouser)

• Kopite
« Reply #3638 on: May 10, 2019, 12:57:11 am »
He said in his interview post match that it was just instinct. It makes it even more incredible as it looks like he just saw Divock last second and decided to go back.
Cheers mate.
Cool story Helther.

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
« Reply #3639 on: May 10, 2019, 04:17:27 am »
This lad needs a song. Hard one to rhyme with, though!
Victorious and glorious....