Author Topic: Grenfell Tower Fire  (Read 138739 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Huge inferno at West London tower block
« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2017, 08:00:51 pm »
Can one of the more technically gifted guys embed this video for me please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yQLIlIetDM

This is a fire in a residential tower block in France in 2009, the description says the cladding was made from Polystyrene, regardless or not if thats true, it is clearly flammable.

The speed in which this fire spreads upwards is horrendous and clearly very similar to what happened in London.

Yeah you get polystyrene walls/cladding,I love working with it as it is light as shit compared to rockwool,it is mainly used for inside walls in factories and coldstores if the company are wanting a job done on the cheap.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2017, 08:08:40 pm »
Decent summary that. Interesting that Alan has experience, albeit not in residential, and he didn't know of their effectiveness. On balance though, as landlords of high-rise residential properties, they owed a greater duty of care to tenants. Looks pretty damning considering major renovations were carried out recently.

I'm aware of the effectiveness of sprinklers. We do a lot of work on large department stores which are all sprinklered. The fact is none of us know what the cause of this fire was or what contributed to the rapid spread. Having looked at the photos of the damage and the debris it looks like the cladding contributed in some way.

As Albie says this is going to affect construction and fire design but how we don't know until after the investigation and reports. I'll wait until we know before allocating blame.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #162 on: June 14, 2017, 08:15:16 pm »
Is it possible that the fire got behind the cladding?  If there was a gap could it have funnelled the flames through a narrow airspace?  What if the cladding was only fireproof on one side?

That's possibly what happened.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #163 on: June 14, 2017, 08:46:39 pm »
History tells us that when dozens of largely working class people are killed in an avoidable tragedy where somebody is criminally culpable, the cover-up begins within hours. You can almost hear the sound of documents being shredded, the hum of HDDs being formatted, the click of emails being deleted at RBKC Council offices. Meetings of freemasons will be cooking up schemes to pin the blame on someone smoking in a no smoking area, or on individual workmen who worked on the project as opposed to the overseers who cut the corners.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #164 on: June 14, 2017, 09:13:44 pm »
History tells us that when dozens of largely working class people are killed in an avoidable tragedy where somebody is criminally culpable, the cover-up begins within hours. You can almost hear the sound of documents being shredded, the hum of HDDs being formatted, the click of emails being deleted at RBKC Council offices. Meetings of freemasons will be cooking up schemes to pin the blame on someone smoking in a no smoking area, or on individual workmen who worked on the project as opposed to the overseers who cut the corners.

I'm hopeful the government having their balls on the line over firemen numbers will give them some impetus to fine a big bad corporation to blame. The design failure narrative is also likely to push them into action over making changes to prevent a recurrence. With their precarious majority it is one of the few things they could legislate for with worrying about the numbers. The government is too weak to sweep too much under the carpet.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #165 on: June 14, 2017, 10:11:43 pm »
The ITV news report is really harrowing lots of footage and stories I hadn't seen/heard before.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #166 on: June 14, 2017, 10:23:27 pm »

Sadly that was one of my first thoughts.

Looking at the live feed from BBC the building is still on fire. It's horrendous.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2017, 10:30:26 pm »
I just wanted to say Sky news are utter cnuts. Carrying out their 10 o'clock newscast with the presenter standing in front of the building whilst it's still in flames and full well knowing people are watching with family members still inside is utterly sickening. I have never given a penny of my hard earned wages to sky for their football subs and this just reinforces my intention to never do so. Fuck Murdoch and Fuck Sky media.  :wanker
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2017, 10:40:07 pm »
After watching the news and taking into consideration that Rydon felt the need to remove any mention of fire prevention from their statement (the news never picked that up and ran with the original) I have no doubt that had the core of the panels been rockwool we would not be watching what we are.

The fire brigade was onsite in 8 minutes and it was already an inferno ffs.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #169 on: June 14, 2017, 10:41:16 pm »
After watching the news and taking into consideration that Rydon felt the need to remove any mention of fire prevention from their statement (the news never picked that up and ran with the original) I have no doubt that had the core of the panels been rockwool we would not be watching what we are.

The fire brigade was onsite in 8 minutes and it was already an inferno ffs.
It may of course have been an inferno when they were called....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: June 14, 2017, 10:43:56 pm »
It may of course have been an inferno when they were called....

Maybe so & if that was the case it is 100% the fault of the cladding.Just look at the state of the building now,would not have happened had they used rockwool.

l am so angry.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: June 14, 2017, 10:45:30 pm »
The stories are just horrific, but it is very heartening to see the community spirit by everyone in the local area.

Really worrying that there is so many missing- the death toll could sadly be very high with this

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: June 14, 2017, 10:49:24 pm »
That George Clarke off ch4 was just on newsnight and he feels that anyone over the 14th wouldn't have survived,hopefully many of them were woken by the piss poor fire alarms.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #173 on: June 14, 2017, 10:50:21 pm »
Newnight "24 floors of London's poorest burning in their homes in one of the wealthiest places on earth..."

From what someone said after he talked to a fireman and what he saw it sounds like the death toll could be very high.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #174 on: June 14, 2017, 10:58:52 pm »
People in Grenfell Tower wanted to take on the landlords in court about the risk of fire. but they couldn't afford it and they couldn't legal aid because of cuts and changes to legal aid rules.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #175 on: June 14, 2017, 10:58:54 pm »
From the numbers of flats and the relatively low numbers treated in hospital, it looks likely that the death toll will climb. I suspect the initial death toll was the jumpers and people who died after leaving the building. Retrieving corpses from inside can wait until the fire is completely out and they are sure the building is safe.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: June 14, 2017, 11:02:22 pm »
The cladding was made by Reynobond & newsnight are saying that rydon went with the cheaper option.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: June 14, 2017, 11:03:48 pm »
The cladding was made by Reynobond & newsnight are saying that rydon went with the cheaper option.

A video of a fire in France with the same cladding.... somewhat eerily similar

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KHZfLDxYBuU
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #178 on: June 14, 2017, 11:12:24 pm »
 EL4C‏ @EL4JC

UTTERLY SHOCKING. Pilgrim Tucker, of #GrenfellTower Action details how residents concerns over safety have been treated. All for profit.

Video

https://twitter.com/EL4JC/status/875109518107193344

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #179 on: June 14, 2017, 11:14:11 pm »
This is what a hero looks like.

Y.N.W.A.

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: June 14, 2017, 11:19:38 pm »

Someone smoking in the wrong area? I don't think you understand how this type of incident is investigated these days. Spoiler alert: the Freemasons won't be involved.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: June 14, 2017, 11:26:07 pm »

Yes they are absolute heroes- and I hope they get all the help and support they need now, it must be horrible what they have seen and had to knowingly go into.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #182 on: June 14, 2017, 11:26:29 pm »
I see some paper are reporting that the cladding was used, was so it didn't look like a eye sore to nearby luxury flats.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #183 on: June 14, 2017, 11:27:35 pm »
People in Grenfell Tower wanted to take on the landlords in court about the risk of fire. but they couldn't afford it and they couldn't legal aid because of cuts and changes to legal aid rules.

Metro are reporting that, perversely, the main guy behind the Grenfell Action Group was himself threatened with legal action by Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation/Kensington and Chelsea Council for 'defamation & harassment' after blogging about & publicising the sadly justified concerns.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/14/council-threatened-blogger-with-legal-action-over-grenfell-tower-warnings-6708453/
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #184 on: June 14, 2017, 11:39:06 pm »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/people-sharing-lies-hero-grenfell-10622172

This is annoying. People making up and spreading malicious shite that's so nonsensical and passing it for fact.  The Firefighters going in their multiple times will be working in unimaginable heat with their core body temp rising to the point where they will be risking temporary mental and physical impairment, they'll  have been in immense physical danger some of them making it as high as the 20th floor to get people out, in an inferno and people making up shit on the internet like they took 2 hours to arrive.

As you have insight into firefighting could you comment on the number of firefighters that have been involved here? Because as a layman with only very little knowledge 200 firefighters seem to be a pretty low number for a scenario like this. I mean it is a massive building and there was a huge blaze that is still not fully extinguished. Or doesn't it make sense to have more people there because there's only limited room to work?

I only know a bit about how firefighting works here in Austria, but we have a system based on volunteer firefighters, which will will probably be very different to professionals.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: June 14, 2017, 11:45:40 pm »
45 engines

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #186 on: June 14, 2017, 11:48:44 pm »
Yes they are absolute heroes- and I hope they get all the help and support they need now, it must be horrible what they have seen and had to knowingly go into.

Too right (I come from a long line of Fire Fighters, not me) and they do a hell of a job.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline cdav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: June 15, 2017, 12:31:56 am »

That's a superb picture. I was astonished to learn that those brave and highly trained lads had reached the top of the block by mid-afternoon. Just comprehend that for a fucking second. Unbelievable bravery and dedication.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: June 15, 2017, 12:42:23 am »
That's a superb picture. I was astonished to learn that those brave and highly trained lads had reached the top of the block by mid-afternoon. Just comprehend that for a fucking second. Unbelievable bravery and dedication.

Imagine the horrors & yet the gov attacks them if they dare to strike.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #190 on: June 15, 2017, 12:50:56 am »
Imagine the horrors & yet the gov attacks them if they dare to strike.

Not just striking for more pay or for the sake of it, but striking to protect numbers to maintain safe staffing levels, or to stop their contractual pension arrangements being taken away from them.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: June 15, 2017, 12:55:33 am »
I can not even imagine the sheer carnage of the grizzly scenes that those men and women of the emergency services are going to encounter over the next few days.

To locate, count, and remove what's left of peoples remains.  The sheer intensity of the fire, will in many cases barely of left very little to identify anybody. Bar the dental evidence.

They really, really,  aren't paid enough.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: June 15, 2017, 02:11:20 am »
They really, really,  aren't paid enough.

According to Google: "The starting salary for a trainee firefighter is £22,017. When full competence is achieved, this rises to £29,345. Higher rates apply for overtime. Crew manager salaries range from £31,189 (development) to £32,533 (competent)."

They are shamefully low figures for what they do.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: June 15, 2017, 06:47:28 am »
I see some paper are reporting that the cladding was used, was so it didn't look like a eye sore to nearby luxury flats.
People were reportedly renting some of these flats for £2000 a month... the definition of luxury is very loose in London.  Besides, making things look better benefits everyone. 
Just as long as it's not flammable of course
W

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: June 15, 2017, 07:08:50 am »

Check out this firemans tweet and his response to the first reply. Epic hero.

https://twitter.com/crispymick/status/874999483326754817
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #195 on: June 15, 2017, 07:19:27 am »
Check out this firemans tweet and his response to the first reply. Epic hero.

https://twitter.com/crispymick/status/874999483326754817

Yes a brilliant reply

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #196 on: June 15, 2017, 07:28:47 am »
I think this will come back to haunt Boris if he trys to become leader at some point.

When asked about the cuts in the fire service.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PThUgYQgqjY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PThUgYQgqjY</a>

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: June 15, 2017, 07:31:27 am »
Had a Facebook article saying 10 fire stations just closed in London due to cuts?

Fuck Brexit, this should be what brings down the government.  :wanker
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #198 on: June 15, 2017, 07:41:52 am »
Had a Facebook article saying 10 fire stations just closed in London due to cuts?

Fuck Brexit, this should be what brings down the government.  :wanker

There are pictures of fireman crying when their station was closed.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 07:51:02 am by Trada »

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: June 15, 2017, 08:12:12 am »
People were reportedly renting some of these flats for £2000 a month... the definition of luxury is very loose in London.  Besides, making things look better benefits everyone. 
Just as long as it's not flammable of course

£2000/month ain't luxury in London.  Especially Kensington.   It's actually cheap for Kensington.

There will be some paying that as some people would have bought and sold their council flats, but let's not let what some people were paying distract from the possible fact they used cheap flammable cladding to make the flats look 'nicer'.  It will be fucking travesty if that is the case.   The death toll may be huge. 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 08:18:48 am by Peabee »
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.