Author Topic: Today's shooting - The Sandy Hook Memorial Thread - Thoughts and Prayers  (Read 530550 times)

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Yet another mass shooting in America. 1 October 2017 - Las Vegas
« Reply #1720 on: October 7, 2017, 05:46:34 am »
There's a big correlation between mass shooters being domestic violence perpetrators.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-link-between-domestic-violence-and-mass-shootings-james-hodgkinson-steve-scalise

I suspect - but readily admit that I do not posses the figures to back this up - that the correlation between the perpetrators of domestic violence and mass shootings is far stronger than the correlation between the (diagnosable) mentally ill and mass shootings. I argued earlier in this thread that the mentally ill are being scapegoated - but no one responded to my comment. If people have the right to 'defend themselves with firearms', surely this should apply to the mentally ill too - especially as they are disproportionately victims of violent crime. But this all goes to the main issue: people not acting upon the evidence and good sense. I am not, of course, arguing that the mentally ill should have access to firearms. The problem with disallowing mentally ill people from possessing firearms is that it is unlikely to make much difference, as I strongly suspect that the people who are mentally unstable and likely to commit mass murder with firearms would probably pass a mental competency test. The logical way forward is to ban possession of firearms by all ordinary citizens. I also suggested in my earlier post that if there was mental competency test for possession of semi-automatic firearms, the very action of applying for such a license should be grounds for failing the test - a Catch 22 situation. A tongue in cheek suggestion, but I dearly like to see a rule like that.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1721 on: October 7, 2017, 09:54:52 pm »
I see that Mike Pence is doing his bit to prevent similar mass shootings by going on a 'Unity Prayer Walk'. He gave a speech and talked a lot about God and driving out this evil. Shockingly, 'prayer' has not worked so far. Just maybe it is time for a different approach.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1722 on: October 8, 2017, 06:22:34 pm »
The neck on this twat,chatting about hypocrisy.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JhYcUbUapxs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JhYcUbUapxs</a>
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1723 on: October 8, 2017, 06:32:51 pm »
Santorum obviously got the NRA memo this morning.

Santorum goes off the rails in bonkers rant about video games and Obama being to blame for Vegas shooting

"It's The Kids and Their VIDEO Games"
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KFnq5Sf2Fzo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KFnq5Sf2Fzo</a>

And the Chief twat

During an appearance on Face the Nation, host John Dickerson went easy on LaPierre, allowing him to blame video games, gun control and mental health for the Vegas shooting.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MtyYuTnDaV0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MtyYuTnDaV0</a>
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/profiteering-murderous-terrorist-twitter-pounds-nras-wayne-lapierre-for-lying-his-ss-off-about-gun-laws/

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1724 on: October 9, 2017, 06:39:00 pm »
And todays batshittery..

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AVEMn6d54I4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AVEMn6d54I4</a>

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1725 on: October 9, 2017, 08:40:28 pm »
The neck on this twat,chatting about hypocrisy.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JhYcUbUapxs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JhYcUbUapxs</a>

See, there’s your problem right there. The little kids at Sandy Hook weren’t NRA members. You can kill kids, you can kill gay people at a club, you can kill anyone you like but don’t you go around killin’ NRA members.

Cos that means the NRA might have to call for a half arsed limit on an accessory that makes a murderous semi-automatic into more murderous fully automatic machine gun.

C*nt.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1726 on: October 9, 2017, 11:09:55 pm »
There was a report in the Evening standard from the makeshift SWAT team that broke in and found him dead.

He’d set up a camera on a trolley outside the door with wires running inside and they thought it might have been a bomb.

He’d screwed a metal plate across the doors to stop them breaking in.

And the ‘note’ was apparently his calculations of range and elevation to ensure he was firing into the crowd and not short or over their heads.

It was well planned and it’s amazing that he ‘only’ killed 58.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1727 on: October 10, 2017, 04:15:16 am »
But the note was written in Arabic, right? Come on, I need my conspiracy theory!

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1728 on: October 10, 2017, 09:27:31 pm »
So, are the "can't we just have one day to mourn the dead before discussing how to prevent this in the future?" brigade ready to debate what happened in Las Vegas yet?  No?  Shocking.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1729 on: October 10, 2017, 09:28:30 pm »
So, are the "can't we just have one day to mourn the dead before discussing how to prevent this in the future?" brigade ready to debate what happened in Las Vegas yet?  No?  Shocking.

Everyone's already moved on and awaiting the next mass shooting, where we can't talk about gun control there either.

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #1730 on: October 11, 2017, 07:38:58 am »
Everyone's already moved on and awaiting the next mass shooting, where we can't talk about gun control there either.

According to gunviolencearchive, a mass shooting occurred on the 5th of October where 4 people were killed in Arizona.

But I see their point. They can only discuss gun control when there is no mass shooting. But with the country averaging a mass shooting a day, I guess they will always be mourning and it will never cross the..

"can't we just have one day to mourn the dead before discussing how to prevent this in the future?"

.. time.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1731 on: October 11, 2017, 01:25:55 pm »
According to gunviolencearchive, a mass shooting occurred on the 5th of October where 4 people were killed in Arizona.

But I see their point. They can only discuss gun control when there is no mass shooting. But with the country averaging a mass shooting a day, I guess they will always be mourning and it will never cross the..

4 people? You think we give out thoughts and prayers to just anyone? We don't hand those out willy nilly! 4 people...

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1732 on: October 11, 2017, 02:09:52 pm »

I am sure the 60 something shooter was a well-known video gamer.

Online Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1733 on: October 11, 2017, 03:48:31 pm »
I am sure the 60 something shooter was a well-known video gamer.

I don't quite understand the obsession the NRA has with computer games. If there is a link (and no link has been proven as far as I'm aware) it's not the fact that it's a computer game that might encourage someone to go on a killing spree, it's the fact that there are games that replicate using a gun for it's intended purpose under the second amendment - killing people.

This self-appointed militia carries out live fire exercises and practices killing people.

After all, the second amendment says nothing about the right to enjoy recreational shooting, or hunting, or having a wank while you rub the cold hard barrel of your AR-15...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1734 on: October 11, 2017, 09:20:56 pm »
4 people? You think we give out thoughts and prayers to just anyone? We don't hand those out willy nilly! 4 people...

It was a domestic violence incident so no one is arsed about stuff like that..
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1735 on: October 11, 2017, 09:21:33 pm »
It was a domestic violence incident so no one is arsed about stuff like that..

Exactly. We don't get out of bed for less than 10.

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1736 on: October 12, 2017, 07:47:10 pm »
Might've been well planned but seems to be valid questions with the police response.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41599529

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Le_Mot_Juste

• Pity that it is hidden in thousands of considerably less merit.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fully endorse my custom title
« Reply #1738 on: October 12, 2017, 09:38:06 pm »
The Democrats are so utterly, utterly weak and ineffective that even moderate gun control is essentially impossible to imagine.

As has been said previously, when US society and elected officials decided the mass murder of toddlers at Sandy Hook was acceptable - the argument was basically over. Sanity lost this argument a long time ago.
To choose dogma and faith over doubt and experience is to throw out the ripening vintage and to reach greedily for the kool-aid.
- Hitch

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #1739 on: October 13, 2017, 01:35:26 am »
WASHINGTON — House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) told reporters the “critical ingredient” to addressing mass shootings was mental health reform, but he largely sidestepped questions about Democrats’ calls for laws to limit access to firearms.

At a press conference on Capitol Hill, the first since the Las Vegas shooting massacre, Ryan said “one of the things we have learned from these shootings is often underneath this is a diagnosis of mental illness.”

He cited legislation passed last year aimed at expanding access to mental health services.

“That law is now being implemented,” Ryan said. “So I think it is important that as see the dust settles, and we see what is behind some of these tragedies, that mental health reform is a critical ingredient to making sure that we can try and prevent some of these things from happening in the past.”

But Ryan did not address moves made by the GOP and President Donald Drumpf earlier this year that reversed an Obama administration regulation to make it more difficult for those who are on Social Security for mental illness to be able to purchase guns.

Ryan also said proposed legislation to make it easier to buy gun silencers is not scheduled for a vote this week, but he did not indicate when it would come for a floor vote.

“We cannot let the actions of a single person define us as a country,” Ryan said. “It is not who we are. Instead what truly defines us are the act of heroism we witness after the tragedy.”

http://variety.com/2017/politics/news/paul-ryan-las-vegas-shootings-guns-mental-health-1202579041/

Actions of a single person? The Orlando shooting was just over 16 months ago.

Sandy Hook.
Columbine.
Killeen.
Virginia Tech.

That's six "single person" incidents. (Columbine had 2 shooters.)

I cannot tell you the number of sufferings I have imagined for this man. A Candiru up his urethra to start...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:41:23 am by coolbyrne »
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Online Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1740 on: October 25, 2017, 07:33:44 pm »
So... three weeks on... is it time to talk about gun control now?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1741 on: October 25, 2017, 07:38:34 pm »

A kid shot another kid in the face so now is not the time.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1742 on: October 25, 2017, 07:40:50 pm »

I was reading about the “Wild West” today, and they seem to have had better gun controls back then. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1743 on: October 25, 2017, 08:33:15 pm »
You bloody liberals, always politicising human tragedies. No one can stop gun violence Alan, no one except more people with guns. If everybody had a gun then no one would ever get shot. You can't argue with science.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1744 on: October 25, 2017, 09:03:13 pm »
Baltimores Homicide count for 2017 reached 289 yesterday after two more fatal shootings.

The 36th shooting homicide between Oct 1st and Oct 22nd saw Chicago reach 561 homicides on Sunday. One shooting of a man and woman claimed 3 victims as the pregnant womans daughter died 4 days later.

Has Trump tweeted about it yet?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1745 on: October 25, 2017, 09:07:47 pm »
Baltimores Homicide count for 2017 reached 289 yesterday after two more fatal shootings.

The 36th shooting homicide between Oct 1st and Oct 22nd saw Chicago reach 561 homicides on Sunday. One shooting of a man and woman claimed 3 victims as the pregnant womans daughter died 4 days later.

He's gonna do so much for the inner cities though. He promised it so it must be true.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1746 on: October 26, 2017, 02:15:50 am »
Baltimore people aren't really Trump's people, why would he care?

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1747 on: October 26, 2017, 04:11:14 am »
Baltimore people aren't really Trump's people, why would he care?

Because he made a comment about tackling crime and murder in Chicago during the campaign. One of those crazy made up statistics about the murder rate being at an all time high.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1748 on: November 2, 2017, 10:55:11 am »
Colorado shooting: 'Nonchalant' gunman kills three

A gunman "nonchalantly" walked into a Walmart supermarket and opened fire, killing three, police say.

Two men died at the scene of the shooting and a wounded woman was taken to a hospital where she died.

Police say that the gunman "randomly" opened fire, before fleeing in a red four-door hatchback. He is still at large and police are trying to identify him with video footage.

Thornton Police Department spokesman Victor Aliva said there was no indication as to motive at this stage.

"We can't rule anything out," he said. "What we have determined is that it is random as of right now," Mr Aliva said, according to Reuters news agency.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41842985

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #1749 on: November 2, 2017, 10:58:22 am »

Fine people on both side
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1750 on: November 5, 2017, 07:03:44 pm »
Reports of a mass shooting in a church in San Antonio, TX. Could be 10-15 people dead.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1751 on: November 5, 2017, 07:09:10 pm »
According to this article from a local news channel, the shooter is dead - http://www.kcra.com/article/texas-church-shooting/13303721.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1752 on: November 5, 2017, 07:41:10 pm »
Oh look another shooting in the US. I'm shocked I tell ya. SHOCKED!

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1753 on: November 5, 2017, 07:44:58 pm »
Just when I thought we were finally going to be able to talk about gun control.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1754 on: November 5, 2017, 07:49:36 pm »
Official says could be 24 dead.

I guess sufficient tine has passed to talk about political solutions following the Vegas shooting, though.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #1755 on: November 5, 2017, 07:51:13 pm »
Official says could be 24 dead.

I guess sufficient tine has passed to talk about political solutions following the Vegas shooting, though.

Insanity.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1756 on: November 5, 2017, 07:57:51 pm »
RIP (agian)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1757 on: November 5, 2017, 08:11:02 pm »
Now is not the time to talk about gun laws (again).
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1758 on: November 5, 2017, 08:13:52 pm »
They are now reporting 27 dead, may them rest in peace.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1759 on: November 5, 2017, 08:18:46 pm »
Grim. RIP. A load of lives and families destroyed just like that. Hopefully when it happens again over the next few weeks there are far less victims or preferably none at all. What a mess of a country.