Author Topic: Ferguson retiring. Moyes gets 6 year deal.  (Read 420372 times)

Offline TheRevanchist

• Reports back to Red Cafe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
Re: Ferguson retiring. Moyes gets 6 year deal.
« Reply #5560 on: May 18, 2013, 03:16:37 pm »
I should hope so considering that he's been Utd manager for 27 years.

But if he controls everything, why he banned himself?

“Ah, yes, ‘Reapers’. The immortal race of sentient starships allegedly waiting in dark space. We have dismissed this claim.”

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #5561 on: May 18, 2013, 03:30:33 pm »
But if he controls everything, why he banned himself?

Because he wasn't actually banned, thats the beauty of his dastardly and over bearing, plan.

You've heard of 'Kaizer Soze' haven't you?.... well he's 'Whisky Soday', mention him 3 times at last orders and he'll show up and drink your bevvy. He'll drink what others never thought possible or had the stomach to do.....and in a blink of an eye, it's all gone.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline TheRevanchist

• Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
« Reply #5562 on: May 18, 2013, 03:39:42 pm »
Because he wasn't actually banned, thats the beauty of his dastardly and over bearing, plan.

You've heard of 'Kaizer Soze' haven't you?.... well he's 'Whisky Soday', mention him 3 times at last orders and he'll show up and drink your bevvy. He'll drink what others never thought possible or had the stomach to do.....and in a blink of an eye, it's all gone.

What are you saying, really? That his banning were part of the plan?

Yes.  Benitez was forced to do this, because - to paraphrase - "we see how the United staff are at Old Trafford, always in the ear of the referee".  Ferguson created a climate where the psychological manipulation of referees became an undeniable - though not always the most important - factor in winning matches, even leagues depending upon if a referee decision (or lack thereof) affected a particular match. 

The English referees are psychologically weak and prone to the "strong man", and while it is true that its not Ferguson's fault, it suited his brute nature, and he took full advantage of it, and had his man in the FA (David Gill) to assist in making sure that the advantage was maintained by - as much as possible - increasing the likelihood of a supplicant ref in charge of United matches.

Yes, of course, Rafa the victim who was forced to behave even worse than the evil devil.

David Gill? What about the FA chairman, the ex City chairman. City loves us too.

Why on Earth only when it's United related is evil, but when is related to other teams is normal.

Why my post with the tables about the incorrect decisions is being ignored?
“Ah, yes, ‘Reapers’. The immortal race of sentient starships allegedly waiting in dark space. We have dismissed this claim.”

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5563 on: May 18, 2013, 03:43:29 pm »
What are you saying, really? That his banning were part of the plan?
Of course. How else could he get away with it. You do know about him and 9/11 don't you?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline TheRevanchist

• Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
« Reply #5564 on: May 18, 2013, 03:57:06 pm »
One press conference?  Compared to Ferguson's decades of bullying?  There was a post here in one of the early pages showing how Ferguson, in one of his first Scottish jobs, was sacked (or nearly sacked, I forget), for intimidating the club secretary into giving his players leeway on expenses.

Its his nature, and he used it effectively on referees as well.

It is probably the most embarrassing press conference in the history of the Premier League. Of course that Benitez didn't had neither the time, neither the authority (respect) to make pressure to referees as Ferguson, but you get the point. All managers wants to win at all costs and use everything at their power. Some use it better than others.

But it's a bit hypocrisy saying that SAF uses the media to talk about referees, takes pressure on the refs when every other manager does the same. Because they have neither been 27 years at a club, nor have 13 EPL leagues titles the result is not the same, but the purpose is the same.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #5565 on: May 18, 2013, 04:03:00 pm »
It is probably the most embarrassing press conference in the history of the Premier League. Of course that Benitez didn't had neither the time, neither the authority (respect) to make pressure to referees as Ferguson, but you get the point. All managers wants to win at all costs and use everything at their power. Some use it better than others.

But it's a bit hypocrisy saying that SAF uses the media to talk about referees, takes pressure on the refs when every other manager does the same. Because they have neither been 27 years at a club, nor have 13 EPL leagues titles the result is not the same, but the purpose is the same.

I am getting seriously pissed off with you now - What Rafa said in that press conference was absolutely correct and for you to call it the most embarrassing press conference ever! - Kindly just do one
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #5566 on: May 18, 2013, 04:03:36 pm »
It is probably the most embarrassing press conference in the history of the Premier League.

:lmao

What absolute fucking hyperbole you Manc twat
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5567 on: May 18, 2013, 04:06:24 pm »

What absolute fucking hyperbole you Manc twat

He is on a wind up, not worth the responding.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline TheRevanchist

• Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
« Reply #5568 on: May 18, 2013, 04:08:14 pm »
Part in bold proves the point - so Ferguson inherently deserves the privilege of pressuring referees because of his "authority"/"respect"?  So Benitez was wrong to do this not because it is wrong in itself, but because Ferguson is the "big man" in England and therefore is allowed to bully?

No it doesn't. But is part of the system. All managers try to do it, some get more success than others.

When Messi waves an imaginary card, the referee many times book the player who made the tackle on Messi. When some other players wave an imaginary card he gets booked. It's part of the life, that the best can intimidate others more than those who aren't the best.

Is it fair? No. I personally think that the manager must not take any pressure on the ref, but things are as they are. All try to do it, some are more successful than the others.

Offline TheRevanchist

• Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
« Reply #5569 on: May 18, 2013, 04:09:45 pm »
Part in bold proves the point - so Ferguson inherently deserves the privilege of pressuring referees because of his "authority"/"respect"?  So Benitez was wrong to do this not because it is wrong in itself, but because Ferguson is the "big man" in England and therefore is allowed to bully?

Don't you think that Rafa was taking pressure into the refs when he said that the refs were helping United.

Or King Kenny when he phoned Riley? Or Rodgers when he said that LFC is suffering from bad decisions?

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #5570 on: May 18, 2013, 04:10:26 pm »
I know but the masks slipped there. I forget that Mancs only seem to focus on stuff pertinent to them, more embarrassing even than Joe Kinnear's?

The reaction to the press conference was xenephobia at its finest because of his Spanish accent and him finding it a little harder to illustrate his point exactly - when you read the quotes written down (e.g if he'd dropped it as a statement rather than said it out loud) I don't think you could argue with any of the content at all.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5571 on: May 18, 2013, 04:17:20 pm »
Me duth think this septic-manc be getting statistical assistance from fellow septics.

In the words of the indomitable Admiral Ackbar - It's a manc twat trap!

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Half of Everything is Luck
« Reply #5572 on: May 18, 2013, 04:28:00 pm »
It is probably the most embarrassing press conference in the history of the Premier League.

More embarrassing than telling a reporter to "Fuck off" or stating that "We'll get him" to a reporter who asked of Giggsy Wiggsy's importance in a Champion's League Final?
Or creating a ridiculous story with the aid of Fat Sam that Rafa was "beyond the pale" for signaling to his own player. Or more embarassing than refusing to give a press conference because you're a sore loser

The way that the press conference was reported was really perfect for simpletons who follow your club, follow Soccer AM, Talk Shite and all the red tops. The things Rafa said were facts and very interesting points but the media and silly little Manc fans concentrated on the man's use of the word "Fact" six times in a ten minute press conference rather than pay any actual attention to the facts.

United fans and the media really are that simple. "Ha ha, he said "Fact" Ha. Let's put that on our Season Review DVD and on every newspaper article where Rafa speaks"

Everytime I hear a Manc splutter on about Rafa and facts, I wonder are they intentionally trying to ignore everything else the man was stating or, more likely they were swayed by the media in thinking that the word "fact" is a funny word.

Offline TheRevanchist

• Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
« Reply #5573 on: May 18, 2013, 04:34:50 pm »
More embarrassing than telling a reporter to "Fuck off" or stating that "We'll get him" to a reporter who asked of Giggsy Wiggsy's importance in a Champion's League Final?
Or creating a ridiculous story with the aid of Fat Sam that Rafa was "beyond the pale" for signaling to his own player. Or more embarassing than refusing to give a press conference because you're a sore loser

The way that the press conference was reported was really perfect for simpletons who follow your club, follow Soccer AM, Talk Shite and all the red tops. The things Rafa said were facts and very interesting points but the media and silly little Manc fans concentrated on the man's use of the word "Fact" six times in a ten minute press conference rather than pay any actual attention to the facts.

United fans and the media really are that simple. "Ha ha, he said "Fact" Ha. Let's put that on our Season Review DVD and on every newspaper article where Rafa speaks"

Everytime I hear a Manc splutter on about Rafa and facts, I wonder are they intentionally trying to ignore everything else the man was stating or, more likely they were swayed by the media in thinking that the word "fact" is a funny word.

Yep, I think that the conference was extremely embarrassing, and more than those you mentioned (regardless of the accent). Here it is:

"I was surprised by what has been said, but maybe they [Manchester United] are nervous because we are at the top of the table.

"But I want to talk about facts. I want to be clear, I do not want to play mind games too early, although they seem to want to start. But I have seen some facts. On 1 November, they played Hull and Mr Ferguson had a two-match touchline ban and a Ł10,000 fine after confronting Mike Dean, the referee, for improper conduct.

"We started the Respect campaign, and that was when [Javier] Mascherano was sent off [last season] at Old Trafford. The referee [Steve Bennett] was the referee when they played against Wigan – he could not see the handball against Wigan by Rio Ferdinand, he did not give a penalty. They won the game and they won the title in this game. I think it will be the same referee who will be in charge of their game in hand this season [against Wigan].

"During the Respect campaign – and this is a fact – Mr Ferguson was charged by the FA for improper conduct after comments made about Martin Atkinson and Keith Hackett. He was not punished. He is the only manager in the league that cannot be punished for these things.

"Then he was talking about the fixtures. Two years ago we were playing a lot of early kick-offs away on Saturdays when United were playing on Sundays. And we didn't say anything. Now he is complaining about everything, that everybody is against United. But the second half of the season will see them playing at home against all the teams at the top of the table. It is a fantastic advantage.

"But at Christmas, United played on the 29th and the rest of the teams played on the 28th. We were away against Newcastle two days after playing Bolton. They were playing about 40 hours later, they were not complaining then.

"And about his behaviour with referees. The Southampton manager he knows how Mr Ferguson works and how he works, he was very clear. I am not playing mind games, just facts.

"If he wants to talk about fixtures, and have a level playing field as you say in England. There are two options if we don't want more problems with fixtures. One is the same as in Spain, the draw for the first part of the league is known, everyone knows which weekend. In the second half everyone plays the opposite, so you all know. Sky and Setanta have the right to choose their games and it will be the same for everyone. So Mr Ferguson will not be complaining about fixtures and a campaign against United.

"Or there is another option. That Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

"We know what happens every time we go to Old Trafford and the United staff. They are always going man to man with the referees, especially at half-time when they walk close to the referees and they are talking and talking.

"All managers need to know is that only Mr Ferguson can talk about the fixtures, can talk about referees and nothing happens.

"We need to know that I am talking about facts, not my impression. There are things that everyone can see every single week.

"Are they under pressure? Maybe they were not thinking that we would be at the top of the table in January. But we are at the top of the table and they are nervous.

"I am not telling the authorities what to do. But I have been here for five years and know how things are going on. I will be watching United's game with Chelsea. The result does not matter to us, if we win at Stoke that result does not matter.

"I was surprised United wanted to start the mind games too early, maybe it is because we are top of the table. But I only wanted to explain our position.

"It is a massive difference to play early on a Saturday, say, after a European match in midweek. But they will play the second half of the season with home matches against the other top teams, and that is a massive advantage to them.

"They cannot complain about the fixtures after they were playing on 29 December while the rest played on the 28th.

"I have decided that I had a lot of information and I have been watching every single week what has been going on. Then they started talking about us, but every single week we know they will be talking. But we want to stay at the top and maybe they will talk about us right to the end.

"To hear someone talking when he has problems with referees every single week, and now complaining about the fixtures and complaining about everything, I think that is not fair.

"You can see every single week how they put [referees] under pressure, we know this. We have seen it before. We have seen players sent off at Old Trafford and we do not see our opponents sent off. It is part of the game. But to complain and to always have an advantage is not fair.

"We had a meeting in Manchester with managers and FA about the Respect campaign. And I was very clear, forget the campaign because Mr Ferguson was killing the referees, killing Mr Atkinson, killing Mr Hackett. But he is not punished. How can you talk about the respect campaign and criticise the referee every single week? You can analyse the facts and come to your own decision and ideas."

Pretty much all Rafa did in a conference was saying that a colleague of him was doing whatever he wants in English football. Probably you agree, but the majority of non-Liverpool fans doesn't.

Offline TheRevanchist

• Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
« Reply #5574 on: May 18, 2013, 04:36:17 pm »
Anyway, is there another conference in history of Premier League when a manager all he did was complaining about a rival manager. Enlighten me!

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Half of Everything is Luck
« Reply #5575 on: May 18, 2013, 04:39:11 pm »
Anyway, is there another conference in history of Premier League when a manager all he did was complaining about a rival manager. Enlighten me!

Ferguson and Fat Sam - Beyond The Pale rant

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Ferguson retiring. Moyes gets 6 year deal.
« Reply #5576 on: May 18, 2013, 04:43:09 pm »
have you ever been to Old Trafford

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5577 on: May 18, 2013, 04:45:58 pm »
I've never been bothered to look it over, but if you don't think he ever abused his power then you are deluded. He was a horrible c*nt of a man and not many people outside of United's support and the media will be sad to see him go.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5578 on: May 18, 2013, 04:47:56 pm »

Is there another press conference in the history of the Premier league when a manager who refused to talk to an organisation for 7 years claimed to never hold a grudge?

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #5579 on: May 18, 2013, 04:49:47 pm »
Is there another press conference in the history of the Premier league when a manager who refused to talk to an organisation for 7 years claimed to never hold a grudge?

Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline TheRevanchist

• Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
« Reply #5580 on: May 18, 2013, 04:51:41 pm »

Nice one.  :)

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #5581 on: May 18, 2013, 05:09:02 pm »

He only complained, after Ferguson kept coming out with soundbites in the press about how they had been disadvantaged or going at refs.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #5582 on: May 18, 2013, 05:09:42 pm »

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5583 on: May 18, 2013, 05:13:36 pm »
Everyone, forget about all this to-ing and fro-ing shit over what happened over the last 27 years. Think only of this:

6 MOYES YEARS   :lmao

Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5584 on: May 18, 2013, 05:14:27 pm »
"Hewenlitha" 
Macca resplendent!

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5585 on: May 18, 2013, 05:14:43 pm »

;D
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #5586 on: May 18, 2013, 05:32:50 pm »
have you ever been to Old Trafford

Have you ever seen a grown man naked?
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline tomrob1989

• Main Stander
« Reply #5587 on: May 18, 2013, 05:51:34 pm »

Without getting into the debate, he means that Rafa did not have the ability to bully because of his lack of authority and respect. It has nothing to do with inherent privilege etc.
THE WORD NEEDS SPREADING:
HE'S A HORRIBLE MAN, AND THE MEDIA MUST REALISE
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alan-Pardew-is-a-Twat/538082336210344

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5588 on: May 18, 2013, 05:52:26 pm »

Have you ever seen a grown man naked?
eh?

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #5589 on: May 18, 2013, 05:58:49 pm »
eh?

have you ever been in a... in a Turkish prison?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5590 on: May 18, 2013, 05:59:46 pm »
have you ever been in a... in a Turkish prison?

Any different to a Turkish bath?

Offline CarlitoB

• [color=white]CT fucked about with in unoriginal manner.[/color] Likes to brew up a storm in a teacup... (no one died in the making of this CT)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5591 on: May 18, 2013, 06:37:19 pm »
eh?

Shady, do you like movies about gladiators?
"God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that."

Offline macca888

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5592 on: May 18, 2013, 07:05:38 pm »

Shady, did you ever hang around a gymnasium?
Macca resplendent!

Offline marko35s

• Kopite
« Reply #5593 on: May 18, 2013, 07:15:02 pm »

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5594 on: May 18, 2013, 07:15:36 pm »
eh?

Surely you can't be serious?

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5595 on: May 18, 2013, 07:16:13 pm »
Surely you can't be serious?
don't call me Shirley

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5596 on: May 18, 2013, 07:18:38 pm »
Shady hasn't denied any of it. Secret's are coming out mate.

Offline macca888

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5597 on: May 18, 2013, 07:22:56 pm »
Shady takes his coffee black, like his men.
Macca resplendent!

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5598 on: May 18, 2013, 07:28:41 pm »
Shady hasn't denied any of it. Secret's are coming out mate.
what's the point they will only carry on anyway ;D
Only fucking asked if the manc actually ever went to the their games him being such a super fan and all
Fucking Oddball you twat :P

Offline CarlitoB

• [color=white]CT fucked about with in unoriginal manner.[/color] Likes to brew up a storm in a teacup... (no one died in the making of this CT)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5599 on: May 18, 2013, 07:32:13 pm »
Fucking Oddball you twat :P

Looks like you picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
"God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that."