Author Topic: Man United away  (Read 13266 times)

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man United away
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2019, 12:03:30 pm »
You will definitely make the 20.05 Dan I’ve read you can walk from OT to Picadilly in about 30 minutes.In fact if the hold back is less than half an hour you’d make the 19.27 direct one but I’d take the 20.05 to be safe.

You aren't walking it in half an hour. 45 at a push but realistically 50+

Online Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2019, 12:18:44 pm »
You aren't walking it in half an hour. 45 at a push but realistically 50+

Yes it's about 3 miles away, need to get a walking route to see if it's doable.  It's finding the tram station that's relatively less busy, remember the one at Old Trafford near the cricket ground was rammed last year after the game.

I'm on the 2005 or 2105, but the 2105 wouldn't get me back to Reading until 0428!!

Offline Red_Bear

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2019, 04:21:05 pm »
Yes it's about 3 miles away, need to get a walking route to see if it's doable.  It's finding the tram station that's relatively less busy, remember the one at Old Trafford near the cricket ground was rammed last year after the game.

I'm on the 2005 or 2105, but the 2105 wouldn't get me back to Reading until 0428!!
You might be better trying Pomona tram stop; it's slightly further away, but on a different line so likely to be a bit less busy. Any tram from there should take you to Piccadilly Station. Or even Exchange Quay, one stop further back on the same line, but possibly quieter.

Alternatively, if you can get past the queue for the tram at Old Trafford tram station, cross the lines and get a tram one stop the other way and then come back again, thus avoiding the massive queue to get the tram at OT tram station. I've done that after a gig at the cricket ground and it's worked nicely. Not sure what that's like as an option after a match though.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2019, 08:57:00 pm »
Away end was pretty shit today.

Stop selling your tickets to tourists, or this is what happens.

Not aimed at anyone on here, btw.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2019, 08:59:55 pm »

Surprised as sounded good on tv

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2019, 09:03:28 pm »

Surprised as sounded good on tv

Wasn't there mate but very happy to be corrected by people who were there.

I only heard us pre match and from when we scored, I've had hundreds of tweets from Utd fans there videoing it saying we were the worst they've had there. I know they would say that like, but it looked and sounded like Anfield does for a game against Burnley or something.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2019, 09:38:57 pm »
Wasn't there mate but very happy to be corrected by people who were there.

I only heard us pre match and from when we scored, I've had hundreds of tweets from Utd fans there videoing it saying we were the worst they've had there. I know they would say that like, but it looked and sounded like Anfield does for a game against Burnley or something.

Our end was shite.  We were in the South Stand on the United side having to keep quiet.  Looked like loads of tourists in our end.  Fuckin' disgrace when four Scousers have to keep quiet in with the home fans whilst our end is quiet as fuck.

Anyone in our end can offer a reason for us being so quiet?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 09:49:37 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2019, 09:41:42 pm »

What percentage of our support did tourists make up? Why does that stop regulars getting involved?

All I could hear pre match was our fans. Cop out blaming tourists. Performance on the pitch won't have helped.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 09:56:13 pm by DangerScouse »

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2019, 09:49:36 pm »
Our end was shite.  We were in the South Stand on the United side having to keep quiet.   Looked like loads and loads of tourists in our end.  Fuckin' disgrace when four Scousers have to keep quiet in with the home fans whilst our end is quiet as fuck.

We played like shit for 80 mins is the explanation, you can say the support should be there no matter what but what’s happening on the pitch directly correlates with the atmosphere.  It was fairly similar to the Sheffield Utd game.

Didn’t see any tourists where I was, loads of regular faces so you can’t blame that.

It was good before the game and really good after we scored.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2019, 09:49:39 pm »
What percentage of our support did tourists make up? Why does that stop regulars getting involved?

All I could pre match was our fans. Cop out blaming tourists. Performance on the pitch won't have helped.

he wasn't there lol.

the team played shite = our fans were quiet. yes the touting needs to stop but I know for a fact pretty much every regular I know was at the game.
YNWA.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2019, 10:01:11 pm »
Our end was shite.  We were in the South Stand on the United side having to keep quiet.  Looked like loads of tourists in our end.  Fuckin' disgrace when four Scousers have to keep quiet in with the home fans whilst our end is quiet as fuck.

The amount of tweets I saw before hand from tourists with tickets for their first game was ridiculous.

Makes the blood boil.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2019, 10:02:14 pm »

All I could hear pre match was our fans. Cop out blaming tourists. Performance on the pitch won't have helped.

Yes, we were loud pre-match.

But we get accused of only ever singing pre-match and then silence for the rest. That looked to be true today.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2019, 10:03:51 pm »
We played like shit for 80 mins is the explanation, you can say the support should be there no matter what but what’s happening on the pitch directly correlates with the atmosphere.  It was fairly similar to the Sheffield Utd game.

Didn’t see any tourists where I was, loads of regular faces so you can’t blame that.

That's pretty much what we got critisised for, only singing pre match and once we scored 5 ins from the end

I blamed tourists due to the amount of tourists I seen on twitter pre-match, just venting really.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2019, 10:06:40 pm »

Plenty of tourists on view from where we were.   Was good before the game and after the equaliser but piss poor for 85 minutes.  This is United away.  We need 3100 giving it all for 90 minutes. Pity we can't introduce subs for the crowd and turf out those who can't be arsed.
We are Loyal Supporters

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2019, 11:08:12 pm »
Plenty of tourists on view from where we were.   Was good before the game and after the equaliser but piss poor for 85 minutes.  This is United away.  We need 3100 giving it all for 90 minutes. Pity we can't introduce subs for the crowd and turf out those who can't be arsed.

I’ve never been to a prem away game but I’d like to be one of those subbed in to the crowd. Defo would’ve got involved.

It is difficult though when the team played so poor

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2019, 08:21:50 am »
The amount of tweets I saw before hand from tourists with tickets for their first game was ridiculous.

Makes the blood boil.

What exactly were you searching to find these? lol. Sounds like hyperbole mate.
YNWA.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2019, 09:29:16 am »

100% agree with this. All the usual.faces round by me and still quiet for far to long

Online Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2019, 10:58:57 am »
People confuse atmosphere with volume. The reason the Anfield atmosphere is renown is because it is, in many ways, reactive to the circumstances. The excitement of playing a European Cup semi final dwarfs the atmosphere of playing West Brom at home. That comes across before the game.

As a game progresses - excitement and volume build with actions on the pitch. The atmosphere at an incredible game becomes incredible for that reason. The team excites us and as our excitement builds we get noisier and the team is inspired.

Yesterday's game was an exciting prospect against a big rival. And the first time we'd played United since winning our sixth European cup. Hence the pre-game atmosphere being good and throwing number six in their faces. It was great fun. After that it was a tight nervy game and the crowd was watching intently hoping for a breakthrough, rather than singing non-stop. It was normal for our away crowd.

I would take both our home and away atmospheres every day of the week over the likes of Bayern or Dortmund who'll have a section waving flags and making noise regardless of what's going on on the pitch. That's not atmosphere. That's a bunch of superfans trying to compete with each other. It becomes white noise and doesn't inspire the players.
Long live the King

Offline Kenny19

• Anny Roader
  • Dreaming our dreams and drifting within
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2019, 11:03:21 am »
Couldn't agree more, especially with the final part. Will never understand the few Dortmund lads in the front keeping on belting their own songs while YNWA was on when we beat them 4-3 few years back..
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 01:01:03 pm by Kenny19 »

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2019, 11:03:23 am »
Love how our support gets criticised by those that were not even there  ::)

Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2019, 12:53:16 pm »
We were surrounded by regulars who just moaned like fuck all game, and spent the last 15 minutes screaming at coppers for not letting them go to the toilet. Something that happens every year without fail  ::)

Fuck all to do with "tourists"

First 10 minutes and prior to kick off was class I thought

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2019, 12:56:20 pm »
We were surrounded by regulars who just moaned like fuck all game, and spent the last 15 minutes screaming at coppers for not letting them go to the toilet. Something that happens every year without fail  ::)

Fuck all to do with "tourists"

First 10 minutes and prior to kick off was class I thought

Well at least tourists would have been a good reason! It's even worse then

Our fans are right moaning bastards at the minute, home games are bad for it, no wonder Klopp gave the Main Stand the ears after the winner against Leicester.

Online Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2019, 12:58:33 pm »
Well at least tourists would have been a good reason! It's even worse then

Our fans are right moaning bastards at the minute, home games are bad for it, no wonder Klopp gave the Main Stand the ears after the winner against Leicester.
Love how our support gets criticised by those that were not even there  ::)

Long live the King

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2019, 01:00:18 pm »

Not wrong though.

I'm critisizing the home support as well, and I'm always there.

Online Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2019, 01:01:55 pm »
Not wrong though.

I'm critisizing the home support as well, and I'm always there.

People confuse atmosphere with volume. The reason the Anfield atmosphere is renown is because it is, in many ways, reactive to the circumstances. The excitement of playing a European Cup semi final dwarfs the atmosphere of playing West Brom at home. That comes across before the game.

As a game progresses - excitement and volume build with actions on the pitch. The atmosphere at an incredible game becomes incredible for that reason. The team excites us and as our excitement builds we get noisier and the team is inspired.

Yesterday's game was an exciting prospect against a big rival. And the first time we'd played United since winning our sixth European cup. Hence the pre-game atmosphere being good and throwing number six in their faces. It was great fun. After that it was a tight nervy game and the crowd was watching intently hoping for a breakthrough, rather than singing non-stop. It was normal for our away crowd.

I would take both our home and away atmospheres every day of the week over the likes of Bayern or Dortmund who'll have a section waving flags and making noise regardless of what's going on on the pitch. That's not atmosphere. That's a bunch of superfans trying to compete with each other. It becomes white noise and doesn't inspire the players.
Long live the King

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2019, 01:04:27 pm »

I agree with everything you say there.

But I also think for a game like that, top of the league, could still create an atmosphere even though we were playing shit.

Like I say we get accused of only singing before and after the game, or when we score. Don't like them being right

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2019, 01:29:46 pm »
They weren't right though. We were loud during the game at the start until everyone got edgy, then it ebbed away. When they scored we were quiet then.

The mancs can fuck off anyway, didn't hear them until they scored. The whole of the Stetford end was sat down apart from that section on the left as we look at it. I thought they were much louder last year.

Online Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2019, 01:33:56 pm »
They weren't right though. We were loud during the game at the start until everyone got edgy, then it ebbed away. When they scored we were quiet then.

The mancs can fuck off anyway, didn't hear them until they scored. The whole of the Stetford end was sat down apart from that section on the left as we look at it. I thought they were much louder last year.

It looked like they had a massive hospitality section with padded seats right behind the goal in the stretford end. I’ve never noticed that before, although I was absolutely wellied last year.
Long live the King

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2019, 01:47:55 pm »
It looked like they had a massive hospitality section with padded seats right behind the goal in the stretford end. I’ve never noticed that before, although I was absolutely wellied last year.

Looks like they have their "singing section" to the south side of the Stretford End with the corporates right behind the goal. Imagine the uproar if we tried to do the same on The Kop.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2019, 01:56:53 pm »

This. It was good before KO with all the 6s etc then faded. We did sing but not as mch as normal I'd say.

There were lots of tourists in E233 to our right but there always is. Several with their half-half scarves with "United Forever" on them :no :no Makes me really angry that they are there but they were quiet - they didn't sing BUT equally They didn't moan, whereas locals behind us were giving some players stick all game so which is worse?

We were poorer than usual, but so were the team. The affect each other I think. And you're always nervous of losing there. We had all hoped to go there and thrash them but it doesn't always happen does it? One day soon.... hopefully.

Yes, been there a while now - noticeable as they all come back late after HT. (I dread the Kop having something similar!) their new singing section sang to be fair, but we didn't hear those at our end at all.
We are a team of one half.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2019, 01:58:08 pm »

They've had that corporate section in the middle of the lower Stretford end for a good few years. Their singing mostly comes from the upper Stretford end and the corner between the East and North stands.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2019, 02:17:05 pm »
Looks like they have their "singing section" to the south side of the Stretford End with the corporates right behind the goal. Imagine the uproar if we tried to do the same on The Kop.

Yeah they've brought that in this season

Had that corporate bit in the middle for years

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2019, 02:55:00 pm »
Bobby's family were by us too, a whole row of them.  The kids liked it when we are turned the 6s upside down for hus song and joined in with pages they'd been given too, and his wife joined in with the song a couple of times.  Not loudly but some, and they clapped. 
A couple asked her for photos and she was friendly and said yes.
We are a team of one half.