Author Topic: Hundreds of season ticket cards refused entry to Norwich  (Read 6787 times)

Offline paddyp

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Hundreds of season ticket cards refused entry to Norwich
« on: August 10, 2019, 12:08:46 am »
Tonight there were hundreds of season ticket holders and members who were turned away at the turnstiles.  Cards hadn't been activated.  This was both new and existing card holders.

I missed nearly all of the first half.  Fuming.  Someone said this always happens on first game of the season.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Hundreds of season ticket cards refused entry to Norwich
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 12:22:48 am »
Happened on a few champions league games last season aswell.

Need to go the ticket office and get them activated but it’s a nightmare.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 12:32:29 am »
With all due respect mate, are you sure 'hundreds' got KB'd?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline paddyp

• Boys Pen
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 12:41:12 am »
Yes mate it was hundreds.  There were four queues with upwards of fifty people when I arrived at 7.45.  Stewards said it had been bedlam for a couple of hours prior to that with queues backing up to the gates/rails.  Fan assistants and stewards said that practically everyone in the queues had the same issue with cards not activated.

There was a smaller separate ticket collection queue.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 07:30:15 am »
Queues at ticket office looked long at 7pm

Wondered why

Not good that though if so many effected

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2019, 10:33:28 am »
Yes my mate got caught in this and missed a good 30mins - we buy together so no idea what the issue was as mine was fine - they didn't give him a replacement card either just a paper one, so doesn't seem a card issue?

It's really unfortunate - if it happens often on the first game then they need to put more staff on to cope. You can't miss 30minutes of a 90minute game.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 10:42:15 am »
I always check on my purchase history until it says ‘upload’ next to the purchased fixture

That’s how you know your card has been activated

If it’s still saying ‘purchased’ on the day of the game I’m ringing them up to sort it then rather than going through that bollocks at the ground and missing half the game

Offline paddyp

• Boys Pen
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2019, 12:39:59 pm »
That's good to know.  I will make sure and check that in future.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2019, 01:17:40 pm »
I always check on my purchase history until it says ‘upload’ next to the purchased fixture

That’s how you know your card has been activated

If it’s still saying ‘purchased’ on the day of the game I’m ringing them up to sort it then rather than going through that bollocks at the ground and missing half the game

I could understand with a members card but not sure how this would work with STH.

Offline paddyp

• Boys Pen
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2019, 01:20:42 pm »
Just checked my ST and it says upload so checking that would have made no difference.  They did say it was an issue with the card itself last night.  It was registering nothing when scanned.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2019, 01:48:05 pm »
My missus was in a seat on her members card, and the person next to her said it was her Dads ST seat and she'd have to move. She was definitely in the right seat, and showed them the text and purchase history.

Anyway, it turned out the father had been refused entry on his ST, and there had been a problem with his Season Ticket which was purchased on Finance.

Offline stefbs

• Main Stander
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2019, 08:01:42 pm »
Yes my mate got caught in this and missed a good 30mins - we buy together so no idea what the issue was as mine was fine - they didn't give him a replacement card either just a paper one, so doesn't seem a card issue?

It's really unfortunate - if it happens often on the first game then they need to put more staff on to cope. You can't miss 30minutes of a 90minute game.

Liverpool should refund him the cost of the ticket

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2019, 08:45:39 pm »
Liverpool should refund him the cost of the ticket
At least
I got in ok but this is shite and typical of the service the club offer match goers.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2019, 08:57:43 pm »
At least
I got in ok but this is shite and typical of the service the club offer match goers.
You could kind of forgive it, if it was a one off, but it seems to happen at the first home game, or first Euro game, every season.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2019, 08:59:52 pm »
You could kind of forgive it, if it was a one off, but it seems to happen at the first home game, or first Euro game, every season.

Its happened with my member card before.  Was OK Friday though
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2019, 09:41:07 am »
At least

Ironically, the club are utterly obsessed on winning customer service awards - just not to our own fans it seems!

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2019, 07:44:46 pm »
Happened to our two cards before Burnley last seasons. Missed the first 10 mins getting it sorted and seemed a few others at the ticket office had the same issue

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2019, 07:17:33 am »
On a facebook group that i'm on that people sell tickets facevalue, there have been a few people that had this problem with members cards aswell. So it's not just the Season tickets.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline Istanbul5Star

• Main Stander
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2019, 10:30:08 am »
Happened to our two cards before Burnley last seasons. Missed the first 10 mins getting it sorted and seemed a few others at the ticket office had the same issue

Yeh I had issues at Burnley last season sat in the Anny Road. Didn't take to kindly to the TO suggesting it was my fault I was missing the game as I only tried to enter 20mins before kick off... was then given a paper ticket that still wouldn't scan at the turnstile... luckily the fan support fella who had to send me to the TO was still there and he just scanned me in!! He seemed a little annoyed with the TO himself!!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2019, 10:42:34 am »

Yeh I had issues at Burnley last season sat in the Anny Road. Didn't take to kindly to the TO suggesting it was my fault I was missing the game as I only tried to enter 20mins before kick off... was then given a paper ticket that still wouldn't scan at the turnstile... luckily the fan support fella who had to send me to the TO was still there and he just scanned me in!! He seemed a little annoyed with the TO himself!!

Did you get any feedback afterwards about what the problem actually was?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline PAC-MAN

• 'Hanging on the telephone - you're our number one'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2019, 11:02:33 am »
Happened to me 3 seasons ago, missed the first half.
Can't stand the left-wing lunatics

Offline Istanbul5Star

• Main Stander
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2019, 11:11:40 am »
Did you get any feedback afterwards about what the problem actually was?
They took my card off me and had it replaced as they said the chip/strip may be damaged, but for the paper ticket to then not scan I just think it was an issue with the ticket upload on their system.

The amount of tickets that change hands in the Late Availability sales probably has something to do with it. From memory quite a lot popped up for that Burnley game and the same with Norwich with it being a Friday night game... though that wouldn't explain season tickets I suppose!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 11:15:08 am by Istanbul5Star »

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2019, 12:22:17 pm »
I was given a paper ticket for Burnley which worked. They kept the cards to investigate the issue and said they would be replaced if faulty. Ended up sending the same cards back about a week later.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2019, 12:26:37 pm »
It's probably code for "We forgot to press the button to activate the cards when the tickets were purchased late on"

Offline AttaRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2019, 06:32:22 pm »
Happened to 3 in our row on Friday, they missed the first half. Could be wrong with this and might not be relevant to season ticket holders, but I am sure I've seen mentioned in previous threads from last season, that they deactivate a small number of cards for games as a security measure

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2019, 07:07:09 pm »
I had a good vantage point as I queued to get into the side entrance of the kop on Friday and the ticket office was rammed with 15 mins to KO!!

The queue to get into the ground at my entrance B was the worst I’ve probably ever seen it, it was backed up right in front of the food stands

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2019, 08:59:37 pm »
Happened to 3 in our row on Friday, they missed the first half. Could be wrong with this and might not be relevant to season ticket holders, but I am sure I've seen mentioned in previous threads from last season, that they deactivate a small number of cards for games as a security measure
how is that a security measure, especially as it can block the queue quite a bit?

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2019, 07:02:46 am »
how is that a security measure, especially as it can block the queue quite a bit?

Its not really but probably badge as a security matter by saying they know who is in the ground.  In reality it is randomly checking season tickets and members to see if they are being used by those registered to the card.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2019, 08:15:31 am »
Its not really but probably badge as a security matter by saying they know who is in the ground.  In reality it is randomly checking season tickets and members to see if they are being used by those registered to the card.

Seems a complicated way to do it. Why not just check ID as they go in?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2019, 09:19:09 am »
Seems a complicated way to do it. Why not just check ID as they go in?

Time? Do you just check those that turn up early?

Easier for them to randomly de-activate cards then check ID (if that is what they are doing).

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2019, 09:52:49 am »
club keeping quiet about it, they made an announcement about the electric failure at the turnstiles for the main stand last season which screwed up a lot of people entering the ground at the time !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2019, 11:57:09 am »
I got to the ground late, about 7:50 and the queues were very long at the kop. I went in through area B which took 10 mins, arrived to my seat as we kicked off. Season ticket worked ok though.
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2019, 01:21:26 pm »
Given I only have to walk up to the ground on match days, I don't bring ID with me, just my ST. If they are going to randomly select people, they need to warn us beforehand (in general, not specific people). I would have to go home and get some ::) But others might live much further away and not have any.
We are a team of one half.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2019, 03:02:21 pm »
There were electrical failures on the day of the game, possibly related.

Offline paddyp

• Boys Pen
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2019, 10:51:26 pm »
Has anyone ever been compensated for this?  i.e. had the game refunded or partially refunded?

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2019, 10:02:46 am »
Did anyone have any issues yesterday? My dads card flashed up red when trying to get in, showed the steward the text and got sent round to the TO for a paper ticket. He missed first 20 minutes of the game and furthermore they took the fancard off him at the TO  :butt I checked his account after the game and noticed it still said 'Print' instead of 'Upload' so I guess that is the reason why it didn't work.

I need his card for Wednesday but he can't go so no doubt they're gonna turn it into an absolute ballache for me to be able to pick it up.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2019, 10:18:26 am »
Did anyone have any issues yesterday? My dads card flashed up red when trying to get in, showed the steward the text and got sent round to the TO for a paper ticket. He missed first 20 minutes of the game and furthermore they took the fancard off him at the TO  :butt I checked his account after the game and noticed it still said 'Print' instead of 'Upload' so I guess that is the reason why it didn't work.

I need his card for Wednesday but he can't go so no doubt they're gonna turn it into an absolute ballache for me to be able to pick it up.

4 cards together didnt work MSU U3 turnstile S, had to go to TO for paper tickets and missed Spurs goal, what was your tiurnstile as might of been faulty their end ? hope it gets sorted for Wednesday night - YNWA
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2019, 10:25:05 am »

When was the ticket bought? They probably didn't press the button to upload the ticket to the card!

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2019, 10:41:30 am »
I heard a Kop turnstile steward saying something about someone scanning into the Kop with a MSL ticket too. Weird.
YNWA.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2019, 10:46:10 am »
4 cards together didnt work MSU U3 turnstile S, had to go to TO for paper tickets and missed Spurs goal, what was your tiurnstile as might of been faulty their end ? hope it gets sorted for Wednesday night - YNWA
That's a farce isn't it mate  :butt Was Kop turnstile E

When was the ticket bought? They probably didn't press the button to upload the ticket to the card!
On Friday. Managed to get one on my brothers card at the same time and that worked no problem so very strange
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 10:48:16 am by DougLFC94 »