Author Topic: 2019/20 TV Fixtures  (Read 94108 times)

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: 2019/20 TV Fixtures
« Reply #160 on: September 18, 2019, 12:06:38 pm »
They can still announce the others so people can start planning!

I don't see why BT can't release theirs either, just because a Sky game is holding things up

They don't give a fuck about the fans, never have and never will

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #161 on: September 18, 2019, 12:33:07 pm »
On the skysports website why are the arsenal and utd games down for sunday 10th and our game with city still down for sat. I know it means nothing because they are not confirmed but usually they just list all games down sat 3pm

edit: nevermind, i just remembered they are playing thursday nights
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: September 18, 2019, 12:35:18 pm »
On the skysports website why are the arsenal and utd games down for sunday 10th and our game with city still down for sat. I know it means nothing because they are not confirmed but usually they just list all games down sat 3pm

they are on the PL website as well, it will be because of Europa League

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: September 18, 2019, 01:11:24 pm »

;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #164 on: September 18, 2019, 01:44:31 pm »
I'd have thought the police might object to that one!
Whilst thats true, looking at the 4 away teams that will all be in London on Sunday (all into Euston as well), clearly the police have no say in the scheduling at all!
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Online Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: September 18, 2019, 01:56:43 pm »
Whilst thats true, looking at the 4 away teams that will all be in London on Sunday (all into Euston as well), clearly the police have no say in the scheduling at all!

Your right considering us and chelsea played Tuesday our game could of been Saturday but they don't care

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: September 18, 2019, 10:27:23 pm »
I read the same West Ham v Spurs 23/11/19 Sat at 7.45 is apparently causuing issues

That Spurs page doesn't think it's one of their fixtures holding it up. They did say they had contacted the Prenier League who stated one fixture was delaying matters.

https://twitter.com/THSTOfficial/status/1173904440723746816?s=19

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: September 19, 2019, 12:46:32 pm »
Were supposed to be released for noon today

Online Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: September 19, 2019, 01:07:16 pm »
Latest I heard was that its the weekend fixtures of 30/11 & 1/12 sky want certain games on the Sunday.

That though has an effect on the Big Launch on Amazon
(Amazon really needs to be supported because if they decide they want the Premier league the price for fans will come down as then won't have to subsidise the Sky channels)

As will make the games available on Tuesday 3rd December limited and no decent games available for their launch.

Just ridiculous you would think if that was right they could at least release the othe November fixtures

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: September 19, 2019, 01:09:49 pm »
Great news they're trying to bury Amazon.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #170 on: September 19, 2019, 01:10:06 pm »
Latest I heard was that its the weekend fixtures of 30/11 & 1/12 sky want certain games on the Sunday.

That though has an effect on the Big Launch on Amazon
(Amazon really needs to be supported because if they decide they want the Premier league the price for fans will come down as then won't have to subsidise the Sky channels)

As will make the games available on Tuesday 3rd December limited and no decent games available for their launch.

Just ridiculous you would think if that was right they could at least release the othe November fixtures

I wonder what that means for our game against Brighton. Hoping it stays on the Saturday. Waiting to pull the trigger on flights and travel, etc.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #171 on: September 19, 2019, 01:30:45 pm »
I wonder what that means for our game against Brighton. Hoping it stays on the Saturday. Waiting to pull the trigger on flights and travel, etc.

I think it will be on saturday definately. Sky will want both the merseyside derby and United vs Spurs midweek. The mancs have europa league the week before so they will play on sunday meaning the game against spurs will prob be wednesday. That would leave us to play on tuesday and so we wouldn't play sunday and no chance of friday night because there is champs league the week before.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #172 on: September 19, 2019, 01:32:55 pm »
The Merseyside derby and United v Spurs is on Amazon. The whole round of fixtures on the 3rd and 4th December are on Amazon.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: September 19, 2019, 01:33:11 pm »
I think it will be on saturday definately. Sky will want both the merseyside derby and United vs Spurs midweek. The mancs have europa league the week before so they will play on sunday meaning the game against spurs will prob be wednesday. That would leave us to play on tuesday and so we wouldn't play sunday and no chance of friday night because there is champs league the week before.

Amazon have all mid week games that week, so nothing to do with Sky.

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2019, 01:35:27 pm »
The Merseyside derby and United v Spurs is on Amazon. The whole round of fixtures on the 3rd and 4th December are on Amazon.

My bad, I read Tommypig's comment wrong and thought sky had 1st dibs on the midweek games showing and amazon would show all the rest.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Online Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: September 19, 2019, 01:35:44 pm »

and the 5th    they are showing games over 3 nights

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2019, 01:36:45 pm »
Amazon are probably complaining about the games Sky have moved to Sunday as it will mean that games that contain those teams need to be on Wednesday & Thursday (which then affects the following weekend too for those teams on Thursday night!)

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2019, 01:42:48 pm »
Can we not just tell Amazon and their inevitably shite coverage to fuck off and let Sky or BT have it instead? Feels a better solution.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2019, 01:45:18 pm »
Can we not just tell Amazon and their inevitably shite coverage to fuck off and let Sky or BT have it instead? Feels a better solution.

Wish they'd just go back to having things with one broadcaster (all sky or all BT) to be honest. Their BS over someone having a monopoly does not outweigh the consumer having to get multiple packages with different companies if they want to be able to watch everything (legally).

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2019, 01:48:21 pm »
Wish they'd just go back to having things with one broadcaster (all sky or all BT) to be honest. Their BS over someone having a monopoly does not outweigh the consumer having to get multiple packages with different companies if they want to be able to watch everything (legally).

Yes. They decided the solution to stopping a monopoly was to create multiple monopolies. But at the least the other two don't show football so delayed someone will be able to see a goal in the ground, celebrate, get their phone out and ring someone watching at home to tell them about the goal before they've seen it if their tennis coverage is anything to go by.

Offline morrisonlfc

• Main Stander
  • Life is only a dream
« Reply #180 on: September 19, 2019, 01:48:53 pm »

Who watches stuff legally these days, I sure as shit can't afford to

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #181 on: September 19, 2019, 01:50:18 pm »
Yes. They decided the solution to stopping a monopoly was to create multiple monopolies. But at the least the other two don't show football so delayed someone will be able to see a goal in the ground, celebrate, wait for VAR, celebrate again then get their phone out and ring someone watching at home to tell them about the goal before they've seen it if their tennis coverage is anything to go by.

Amended that slightly for you Phil

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: September 19, 2019, 01:55:02 pm »
Amended that slightly for you Phil

Fair.

The US Open the other week was 3 points behind. Three points. Might sue them under the Trade Description Act.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #183 on: September 19, 2019, 01:55:57 pm »
At least yours was behind. Mine kept buffering and then stopping altogether with an error message every few points.

Online swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: September 19, 2019, 01:57:08 pm »
Who watches stuff legally these days, I sure as shit can't afford to

If you want to watch it totally live and not rely on a stream being 3 minutes behind / cutting out and missing something then I suppose people do.

Offline morrisonlfc

• Main Stander
  • Life is only a dream
« Reply #185 on: September 19, 2019, 01:59:41 pm »
If you want to watch it totally live and not rely on a stream being 3 minutes behind / cutting out and missing something then I suppose people do.

If you pay for a decent IPTV service it never cuts out, best to just turn your phone off or leave it on silent in relation to the slight delay. Better than paying a fortune IMHO

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: September 19, 2019, 02:03:40 pm »

Or if you want a good quality picture to watch the match on.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: September 19, 2019, 02:03:55 pm »
I have heard it is nothing to do with Amazon. Sky want City v Chelsea on the Sunday. But City play CL on the Tues after. City are refusing

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: September 19, 2019, 02:12:53 pm »
Great news they're trying to bury Amazon.

Why? More competition in the market is only good for us.
YNWA.

Online stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #189 on: September 19, 2019, 02:16:10 pm »
I have heard it is nothing to do with Amazon. Sky want City v Chelsea on the Sunday. But City play CL on the Tues after. City are refusing

That should be fairly straightforward to sort though. Teams always have at least a two day gap in between games.

Online Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: September 19, 2019, 02:16:59 pm »

Exactly and one that will not have you paying over the odds to subsidise their basic TV service -

If it works Amazon Football channel as a standalone on streaming they could charge £20pm and still make a very decent profit 

Online stoz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: September 19, 2019, 02:17:07 pm »

How?

The more different channels that have packages, the more you have to pay if you want access to all the live games!

Online Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: September 19, 2019, 02:18:53 pm »
How?

The more different channels that have packages, the more you have to pay if you want access to all the live games!

the idea is to get Amazon to take it all over then we save but your right if they get 2 packages - sky gets 2 packages and BT gets 2 packages - then its a big mess

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: September 19, 2019, 02:23:00 pm »

It's quite literally the opposite. Give me a shout when one game is shown on two channels and you have a choice of who you give money to. There isn't any competition on Premier League football and there never has been.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 02:30:57 pm by Hightown Phil »

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #194 on: September 19, 2019, 02:28:05 pm »
the idea is to get Amazon to take it all over then we save but your right if they get 2 packages - sky gets 2 packages and BT gets 2 packages - then its a big mess

Amazon can't take it all over though. There's competition laws that forbid it. At the moment you have to pay for 3 subscriptions to watch the games, how does that benefit fans?

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: September 19, 2019, 02:31:38 pm »
How?

True, hadn't considered this. I actually only pay for BT as it is and happen to have Amazon. I'm assuming it's covered under Amazon Prime at least or is it an extra add-on to Amazon(?)

I would personally prefer one provider ideally being internet-based or a pay-per-game situation instead. I don't want to pay to watch rugby or motorcross or whatever else.
YNWA.

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #196 on: September 19, 2019, 02:45:46 pm »
That should be fairly straightforward to sort though. Teams always have at least a two day gap in between games.
Not always, I clearly remember a few seasons ago us playing City at home on a Sunday and then away at Chelsea just 2 days later on the Tuesday night.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Online stoz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: September 19, 2019, 02:57:26 pm »
Not always, I clearly remember a few seasons ago us playing City at home on a Sunday and then away at Chelsea just 2 days later on the Tuesday night.

That was eight years ago, and the League Cup. Definitely wouldn't happen now with a European game.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #198 on: September 19, 2019, 04:02:46 pm »
Palace and Brighton still 3pm, City 4:30pm on Sunday 10th, in Geneva that day which I’m not happy about

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: September 19, 2019, 04:03:27 pm »
Announced.

City game on the Sunday at 16.30