Author Topic: European Super Cup v Chelsea 14/8  (Read 26331 times)

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
Re: European Super Cup v Chelsea 14/8
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2019, 01:30:39 pm »
5,257 initial club allocation

UEFA. Again.

What a joke.

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2019, 01:37:29 pm »
Liverpool Football Club will be participating in both the Community Shield at Wembley on August 4 and the UEFA Super Cup in Istanbul on August 14.

The club is in the process of finalising ticket allocations with both the FA and UEFA, but we expect to receive an initial allocation of around 28,000 tickets for the Community Shield and around 5,257 tickets for the UEFA Super Cup.

Confirmed ticket numbers may change slightly and full details, along with information on how to purchase tickets, will be published on Liverpoolfc.com as soon as possible.

Offline Max100

• Main Stander
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2019, 02:49:33 pm »
5,257 Tickets!

That's shocking even by UEFA standards.

If the club are using selling criteria from last season's Champions League, might start as high as 10 from the 12 games (minus the final), considering that from the 5.257, priority rights holders, sponsors and players will have first choice.

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2019, 02:51:54 pm »
5,257 Tickets!

If the club are using selling criteria from last season's Champions League, might start as high as 10 from the 12 games (minus the final), considering that from the 5.257, priority rights holders, sponsors and players will have first choice.

Biggest away allocation was 4600 so if you’ve got one away you should be sound.
Long live the King

Offline Danthemanaussiered

• Main Stander
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2019, 03:47:25 pm »
5,257 Tickets!

No one will be credit hunting. Up to 18K tickets available in the public section. Previous big allocations of 5k have dropped to all season ticket holders. Can't imagine this being too big a problem. Everyone will get sorted.

Agree however the clubs should have the option to sell a lot more than 5k before going to a public ballot.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2019, 05:01:36 pm »
Stupid by uefa again. With two English clubs they should maximise allocations to clubs for segregation

Offline Max100

• Main Stander
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2019, 05:11:45 pm »
Biggest away allocation was 4600 so if you’ve got one away you should be sound.

One away with all homes?

That's the same criteria for the CL Final and there were easily about 7-10,000 (or more) who satisfied that.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2019, 05:23:49 pm »
One away with all homes?

That's the same criteria for the CL Final and there were easily about 7-10,000 (or more) who satisfied that.
Well 4,600 was the biggest away allocation last season,and while everyone who qualified for barca may not have got it I suspect that number is very small. So i'd say 5,000 max on 7. Think it'll be 7 guaranteed, then will drop to 6.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2019, 06:00:57 pm »
There's no way it will sell out straight away. In our group of 12 who go to nearly every euro away, only 5 of us are going. With the price of routes we may struggle to shift the 5.7k tickets

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2019, 06:36:01 pm »
There's no way it will sell out straight away. In our group of 12 who go to nearly every euro away, only 5 of us are going. With the price of routes we may struggle to shift the 5.7k tickets
no way we are selling out unless overseas fan clubs take a load of tickets.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2019, 08:31:23 pm »
no way we are selling out unless overseas fan clubs take a load of tickets.

Will sell out comfortably i think surely? Might not be bought by regulars but we’ll have 6000 wanting to go won’t we?!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2019, 08:58:38 pm »
Will sell out comfortably i think surely? Might not be bought by regulars but we’ll have 6000 wanting to go won’t we?!
If you add the UEFA ballot it’s around 25k tickets, can’t see many Chelsea fans taking these so essentially it’s all Liverpool too

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2019, 09:00:54 pm »
If you add the UEFA ballot it’s around 25k tickets, can’t see many Chelsea fans taking these so essentially it’s all Liverpool too

Ah with ballot I see. No probably not

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2019, 12:12:13 pm »

I don't think we'll struggle but I agree that a lot of regulars won't go. We're not - would rather save our money for CL games, as this is like a European Charity Shield really - as much as I want to win it - but going to the other side of the continent to watch us play Chelsea is just not worth the money to me. But it'll give others a chance so that is good.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 01:34:53 pm by Shanklygates »
We are a team of one half.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2019, 12:34:19 pm »
I don't think we'll struggle but I agree that a lot of regulars won't go. We're not - would rather save our money for CL games, as this is like a European Charity Shield really - as much as I want to win it - but going to the other side of the continent to watch Chelsea is just not worth the money to me. But it'll give others a chance so that is good.

you'd be going to watch pl1 and support Liverpool not Chelsea

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2019, 12:51:59 pm »

Regardless, I’d be very very very surprised if our end is full.
Long live the King

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2019, 12:59:31 pm »
3 of our usual 5 doing this.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2019, 01:34:04 pm »
I would but them I woukdnt be able to go to support us later on so going to give others the chance to go.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2019, 01:34:39 pm »
Regardless, I’d be very very very surprised if our end is full.
Our end has 5k, it’ll be sold out quickly, doubt the game is a sell out though

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2019, 03:48:39 pm »
Our end has 5k, it’ll be sold out quickly, doubt the game is a sell out though

2k in our end I’d estimate.
Long live the King

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2019, 03:50:04 pm »
Good enough for me, rather be in lfc end that stuck among lifeless neutrals that you see in UEFA finals

Offline KOTP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2019, 03:51:22 pm »
yep what i expect as well we didnt sell out (well end wasnt full) for napoli in group stages so cant exactly see this being more popular

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2019, 04:25:43 pm »
yep what i expect as well we didnt sell out (well end wasnt full) for napoli in group stages so cant exactly see this being more popular

Thing is - people simply run out of holidays and this is most dispensable.

We normally take three days for a Euro away as in and out both shite and more expensive. But Paris we did in two on the train. This calendar year we’ve done 11 days. The group games next year will probably mean another 9. That’s 20 days: and the minimum holiday allowance in UK is 20 days. So for some that would be it. Without any days to spare for holidays with family etc. (I’m lucky that I get quite a bit more due to longevity and I’m able to buy holidays, but you can see how the minimum allowance is easily done in).

People will jib this in favour of group games. And while some non-regulars will jump on, many will baulk at the direct prices and be less familiar with the route jiggery pokery required to keep these trips affordable.

In spite of the above, and the lack of glamour, I can’t wait. Istanbul is such a boss city.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 04:30:10 pm by Barry Banana »
Long live the King

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2019, 04:33:39 pm »

We normally take three days for a Euro away as in and out both shite and more expensive. But Paris we did in two on the train. This calendar year we’ve done 11 days. The group games next year will probably mean another 9. That’s 20 days: and the minimum holiday allowance in UK is 20 days. So for some that would be it. Without any days to spare for holidays with family etc. (I’m lucky that I get quite a bit more due to longevity and I’m able to buy holidays, but you can see how the minimum allowance is easily done in).

People will jib this in favour of group games. And while some non-regulars will jump on, many will baulk at the direct prices and be less familiar with the route jiggery pokery required to keep these trips affordable.

In spite of the above, and the lack of glamour, I can’t wait. Istanbul is such a boss city.
Perhaps regulars will miss this but it’s a major European final and as someone who’s never had the chance to go to one of these I’m looking forward to this. the points you make are very valid. I still expect the club to sell all 5k tickets though

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2019, 06:39:43 pm »
We were only given 2000 tickets by Uefa at Monaco in 2005 - but, there was easily more than double that there, probably around 5000+ ......in a stadium capacity of 18,000.

Offline KOTP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2019, 07:02:13 pm »

direct prices weren't to bad if you got in quick was about 350£ when I booked but being a tight g8t I took 9ver a ton off by going there via Brussels but back direct to Manchester for £240. Fuck I feel for ppl with 20 days holiday thank fuck I d9nt worry about that

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2019, 09:39:18 pm »
direct prices weren't to bad if you got in quick was about 350£ when I booked but being a tight g8t I took 9ver a ton off by going there via Brussels but back direct to Manchester for £240. Fuck I feel for ppl with 20 days holiday thank fuck I d9nt worry about that

We have paid £240 too, but that's way more than any euro away I have done for years.
I did Spartan on avios, but that was the one that would have been same.

That's why I think loads will job it

Offline KOTP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2019, 10:27:26 pm »
We have paid £240 too, but that's way more than any euro away I have done for years.
I did Spartan on avios, but that was the one that would have been same.

That's why I think loads will job it

yep most i paid last season was belgrade and that was about £190 could have done it cheaper but couldnt be arsed getting to london so paid the extra to go from up here.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2019, 09:47:38 am »

I'm torn on this one. It messes with my head (and maths) trying to work it all out.

Super Cup. Still not arranged anything. Likely need 2 days minimum which with flight times is hardly any time there. SportOptions confirmed not doing day trip (though said they still might if prices come down). Already been to Istanbul as well.

Got the 3 group games later in the year. Another 6 minimum unless do a day trip or 2. More than like this is 9 days. Hoping we get some decent locations. (I love Porto but be nice to go somewhere different!).

Then this ClubWorldCup - which I'm actually interested in (even though it's nonsense) because it's a mad location I've not been. I reckon that's likely 3 or 4 days holiday.

I really want to do them all - but feel something has to give.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2019, 09:59:24 am »
The Club World Cup is in 20121 isn't it? Not sure where - thought they hadn't said yet. But maybe I have missed something....

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2019, 10:01:34 am »
The Club World Cup is in 20121 isn't it? Not sure where - thought they hadn't said yet. But maybe I have missed something....

Reinstated in Dec in Qatar and next year too

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2019, 10:06:14 am »

This was what everyone thought and what was reported. Then it got announced as running again this year in Qatar in December. Apparently LFC were surprised as well as nobody told them! There's hardly any info on it anywhere.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2019, 12:13:26 pm »
Thanks. As a test run for the World Cup it says. Still a bloody stupid place to have it IMO ::) But I am curious......

The only thing that bothers is how it will affect our League form, having stupid gaps in the middle then having to play catch-up, as well as the winter break  :-\

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2019, 09:33:22 pm »
Thanks. As a test run for the World Cup it says. Still a bloody stupid place to have it IMO ::) But I am curious......

The only thing that bothers is how it will affect our League form, having stupid gaps in the middle then having to play catch-up, as well as the winter break  :-\

We’ll only lose one game.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2019, 10:46:34 pm »
We’ll only lose one game.
Ok ta. In Dec or Feb? I know everyone will be affected then - just assume there will be an extra mid-week game to make up for it?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2019, 11:50:01 pm »
Ok ta. In Dec or Feb? I know everyone will be affected then - just assume there will be an extra mid-week game to make up for it?
Yeah only 1 league game I think, may be a League Cup QF too depending on dates of that

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2019, 11:51:07 pm »
Yeah in lead up to Madrid everyone was talking about how winners wouldn’t qualify for the normal December tournament, then the week after FIFA said it was back on again. It’s a bit of a farce considering the teams involved but it’s a Cup we haven’t won yet so

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2019, 12:28:15 am »
As if we are not selling this out

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2019, 10:56:02 am »

December. Probably West ham away 21st Dec

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2019, 02:28:30 pm »
As if we are not selling this out

Loads won't bother with it, and with it not being a Euro away for the purposes of credits, there's no need for the regulars to purchase the ticket.

Most of those who want to go but don't have purchase history, will apply in the UEFA ballot, and most if not all of those will be successful, via multiple applications.