Author Topic: Twenty's plenty and the £30 cap  (Read 8573 times)

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Twenty's plenty and the £30 cap
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2019, 08:16:45 pm »
Pedantry, but the 77 minute walk out was Sunderland at home wasn't it? Hull away was but it a kids ticket and not attending.

I may be wrong  :D
Was listing.

Hull away and the home walk out.

Splitters went to hull. File with the independent party!

Offline austinj95

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2019, 08:59:45 pm »
Great that it has been extended, now the club must looker at the wider issue of the touts getting hold of theses and clogging them for £200+ a game

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2019, 09:10:40 pm »
Was listing.

Hull away and the home walk out.

Ah, I see. My apologies, carry on, nothing to see here
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2019, 02:27:37 pm »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2019, 04:34:58 pm »
Norwich being criticised for introducing a £50 membership for access to away tickets, meaning fans end up paying more than the agreed £30 cap for away tickets.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/dont-swallow-the-cap-norwich-city-scheme?fbclid=IwAR0egsTHNskZrmIoZxH8vBPZQt9WK8wyBCH4aK6Crn4XgKip19NAASer2dQ

Also sounds like they've scrapped loyalty points but doesn't explain what they're doing instead.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2019, 03:32:20 pm »
pfft. it's a *small start by introducing but about 30 euro off!!

I don't think over the last few years it would have saved us much money but that's a sign of where things are headed.

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2019, 03:56:09 pm »
What a poor excuse for a ‘price cap’ that is.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #48 on: September 1, 2019, 06:38:49 pm »
Just hope, as others have said that clubs see it as a limit and not the go-to price! Eastern European clubs' fans won't be able to afford that and if we still have to pay the same (like for like) then I imagine it'll be less.

Just have to see how it goes. Having three Western Europe games will give us some idea. 70 Euros is way too high b4 QFs IMO, and even then. But better than nothing I guess  :-\
We are a team of one half.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #49 on: September 1, 2019, 10:02:36 pm »
£70 is a joke to be fair - my worry is that because there is a 'cap' now at £70, more clubs will just charge us £70.

The PL 'cap' is £30 - how many charge us £25? £20? None.

We're a very well supported club and other teams will know that we'll pay it and sell out so what do you think the likelihood is to see clubs just charge us the top end every time?
« Last Edit: September 1, 2019, 10:04:10 pm by Always_A_Red »
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #50 on: September 1, 2019, 10:45:56 pm »
£70 is a joke to be fair - my worry is that because there is a 'cap' now at £70, more clubs will just charge us £70.

The PL 'cap' is £30 - how many charge us £25? £20? None.

We're a very well supported club and other teams will know that we'll pay it and sell out so what do you think the likelihood is to see clubs just charge us the top end every time?

The difference is that all PL clubs were charging us more than £30 when it was brought in (some well more like Arsenal) so we were happy with them agreeing that was seen as a success. Twenty would obv have been better but it still saved us money. Virgin subsidised away fans going to Southampton at £20 at first but now help their own travelling support instead, which I can understand

This is more than what most charge us so we don't know what will happen yet - if some clubs will INCREASE their prices to 70, or play fair (to home fans and us).... Only time will tell.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #51 on: September 1, 2019, 10:50:43 pm »
I think it's a minor step in the right direction, if you look at Barcelona trying to charge us €119 & Porto €80. It does concern me that €70 will become a prison issue price, I'd also like to know UEFA's rationale why the maximum for the Europa League is €25 less.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #52 on: September 1, 2019, 11:06:28 pm »
I think it's a minor step in the right direction, if you look at Barcelona trying to charge us €119 & Porto €80. It does concern me that €70 will become a prison issue price, I'd also like to know UEFA's rationale why the maximum for the Europa League is €25 less.
Difference between quality on show between CL and EL? If Salzburg, Genk and Napoli were all to charge us £70 then I hope we did the same to their away fans which would then make them think twice.

The cap should be the average price of an adult home ticket across the respective ground. So for Anfield, it would be £48 which is exactly what we usually charge away fans in the CL. A cap of somewhere between £40-£50 and UEFA would have been applauded. £70 is still too high with the amount of money in the game. I hope clubs would still be willing to pay xx sum like us and Utd did last season.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: September 2, 2019, 09:04:17 am »

The caps are set to the cost of a cat 4 ticket in the respective finals.

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: September 2, 2019, 09:38:17 am »
Can't clubs just reciprocate a price for the reverse match days? Opposition fans will always want to come to Anfield..so do a deal where both travelling fans benefit...
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #55 on: September 2, 2019, 12:42:54 pm »
If Salzburg, Genk and Napoli were all to charge us £70 then I hope we did the same to their away fans which would then make them think twice.

no club will "think twice" as the respective clubs will earn the money from the games and its the fans out of pocket
pressure from fans/unions and leagues is needed to reduce it further, but  for Genk, how often are they able to cash in on such match days?
there's a lot of money in the game, but its not equal at all levels, but again, that doesn't make the pricing strategy right
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #56 on: September 2, 2019, 01:40:46 pm »

I didn't know where they'd got that cap price from so thanks.

So UEFA think it's ok to charge a Final price for a group game ::) We know they're out of touch so I shouldn't be surprised  :-\

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #57 on: September 2, 2019, 04:38:46 pm »

Thanks that's my one and only learning for today.