Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1378314 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #3240 on: March 12, 2019, 04:21:55 pm »
He will be our Phillip Lahm....and eventually become a midfielder

and he went back to being a fullback for good reason as he was a better fullback than he was a mdifielder.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3241 on: March 12, 2019, 05:15:07 pm »
He will be our Phillip Lahm....and eventually become a midfielder

i would love him to become our Daniel Alves instead.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3242 on: March 12, 2019, 05:48:26 pm »
i would love him to become our Daniel Alves instead.

Exactly

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #3243 on: March 12, 2019, 11:18:58 pm »
He just needs to improve on one-one situations. He does get dribbled past a bit too easily at times.

The other aspects of his defending are fine. He's often in the right place to deal with danger.

Thing is, he learns. Mourinho taught him a lesson and i haven't seen him make the same mistakes again. That's the beauty of him playing at this level at this age, he is facing oppositions that WILL find your weakness and he is at an age where these weaknesses aren't ingrained.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 11:20:34 pm by harleydanger »
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #3244 on: March 14, 2019, 12:49:22 am »
Hes gonna be the best player in the world someday. Hes fucking magnificent and i wouldn't serve him a beer unless he showed me some ID.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3245 on: March 14, 2019, 01:03:06 am »

He got some help defensively today, which was much needed. But not to Trent’s detriment, in general he came out on top against Ribery. Going forwards, we’re a different side without him. We rely on him to get the ball through the midfield lines.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3246 on: March 14, 2019, 01:17:09 am »
Here we go again. Everyone grab yourself an IPA, the hipsters are here.
IPA? Fuck off, i''ve got a Bob and Abbot with a Bishops Finger on the side. Now we'll see how well the lad can do.  :)..

But, bu-uh-uh-ut, last time we knocked them out the European Cup I was making toast for my whole family to be allowed to stay up late and drinking cups of tea.
(Wish it was still the same.)
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #3247 on: March 14, 2019, 03:34:50 am »
Ribery going off at 60 minutes says it all.

I don't know that there are many right backs better than him, already. Kimmich, Carvajal, Azpiliceuta, Meunier and Walker, maybe? He's certainly not a big step down from any of these, except maybe Carvajal and Kimmich.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3248 on: March 14, 2019, 10:57:20 am »

I don't know that there are many right backs better than him, already. Kimmich, Carvajal, Azpiliceuta, Meunier and Walker, maybe? He's certainly not a big step down from any of these, except maybe Carvajal and Kimmich.

Wasn't Ribery coming off an injury - I don't think AA had much to do with it as Ribery was having a lot of joy down the left and turned AA around several times. We ended up having Salah and Mane coming back to help during this game.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3249 on: March 14, 2019, 10:58:38 am »
not sure he was at his best last night but Klopp suggested he wasn't 100% fit, he did all he needed to do though

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3250 on: March 14, 2019, 11:02:47 am »

He’s not a step below anybody, he could already be argued to be the best right back in the world.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3251 on: March 17, 2019, 06:41:17 pm »
Probably one of his worst games. Up there with that performance against Manutd last season. Made Babel look like ginger Ronaldo.

Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #3252 on: March 17, 2019, 08:29:26 pm »
Probably one of his worst games. Up there with that performance against Manutd last season. Made Babel look like ginger Ronaldo.

Frustrating performance today.  Still got a lot to learn but plenty of time to do so.

Hopefully JK will coax improved performances out of him for the remainder of the season.
Either that or VvD can just give him a bollocking and tell him to pull his finger out...  ;D
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #3253 on: March 17, 2019, 08:35:12 pm »
Thought both Trent and Robbo looked off the pace today think both should be crying off sick for the International's.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #3254 on: March 17, 2019, 08:49:05 pm »
He’s not a step below anybody, he could already be argued to be the best right back in the world.

Far too inconsistent at the moment to be thinking about that,

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3255 on: March 17, 2019, 09:33:13 pm »
He done my head in today. He just seemed to be not arsed that he was playing poorly, which from what I know of him doesn't seem right. He just seemed a little blasé about everything that didn't come off for him.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3256 on: March 17, 2019, 09:38:49 pm »
Personally I think it is very harsh to complain about the full backs. In our system they are effectively playing two positions in one. The amount of running they are asked to do I think it is inevitable that we are going to get dips when they are asked to play two huge games in quick succession.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #3257 on: March 17, 2019, 09:39:11 pm »
Far too inconsistent at the moment to be thinking about that,

Indeed. He’s a fantastic talent, but if he gets rightful praise for his good performances, it’s only right he gets called out when he stinks the place out.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3258 on: March 17, 2019, 09:52:07 pm »
Personally I think it is very harsh to complain about the full backs. In our system they are effectively playing two positions in one. The amount of running they are asked to do I think it is inevitable that we are going to get dips when they are asked to play two huge games in quick succession.

He has a unique skillset which is vital to how we play. Even when he has an off day, he's still vital to us. Swap TAA for Milner or Gomez and we aren't as effective. Same with Robbo.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 09:54:12 pm by OOS »
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Redondos Barber

• Kopite
« Reply #3259 on: March 17, 2019, 09:53:00 pm »
Thought he looked wrecked today. Hopefully Gomez will be ready to play a few games at fullback as well as centre back after the break as I don't think Trent is ready yet, physically or mentally, to play two big games a week in the business end of a double-chasing season. Too much to ask of him, especially when he's getting targeted most games.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #3260 on: March 17, 2019, 11:27:35 pm »
Trent is getting there and is probably the best 20 year old in the country - but he still (obviously) has a lot to learn and needs resting every now and again.

Give him time and we've got a truly great full back (or midfielder) for a long, long time)

Offline simplyred84

• Holding back the years, but unfortunately not holding back the nonsense
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3261 on: March 17, 2019, 11:50:37 pm »

Best right-back in the world?? You are joking.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3262 on: March 18, 2019, 02:23:19 am »

He certainly has the potential but at the moment that's the type of comment that'll make GOT.

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #3263 on: March 18, 2019, 04:56:48 am »
Is it me or are his first time crosses a bit shit?

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3264 on: March 18, 2019, 06:38:50 am »
He certainly has the potential but at the moment that's the type of comment that'll make GOT.
Eh, it’s not that huge a shout though. Who would you rather have at RB? You can probably count the players on one hand, a few fingers even.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3265 on: March 18, 2019, 06:52:09 am »
The full backs are probably the most demanding athletically in our current setup. He’s still young and probably needs a rest every now and then.

He’ll be fine next game.

Seems to cross a whole heap better when he takes his time to set himself and get the ball out of his feet - but which professional footballer doesn’t!?
YNWA.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3266 on: March 18, 2019, 08:04:21 am »
Is it me or are his first time crosses a bit shit?

It's you.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3267 on: March 18, 2019, 09:06:40 am »
I thought he played ok. Crossing in our team isnt easy its not like we have the biggest of targets.

Offline actwithoutwords

• postswithoutreading
  • Kopite
« Reply #3268 on: March 18, 2019, 10:06:26 am »
Second half he went to pieces in that period we were under pressure.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #3269 on: March 18, 2019, 10:19:43 am »
Second half he went to pieces in that period we were under pressure.

Lucky we were playing Fulham, he looked shattered and had no idea what was going on around him.

Hopefully Walker gets the nod ahead of him for Ingerland.
:D

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3270 on: March 18, 2019, 10:29:28 am »
Seems to cross a whole heap better when he takes his time to set himself and get the ball out of his feet - but which professional footballer doesn’t!?

Yep, he just needs to realise that.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #3271 on: March 18, 2019, 11:50:39 am »
I've noticed with TAA - game by game his crosses are either magnificent and right on the money, or they are terrible and don't beat the first man/go out for a goal kick. There's no inbetween.
FAME makes a man take things over

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3272 on: March 18, 2019, 11:52:27 am »
I've noticed with TAA - game by game his crosses are either magnificent and right on the money, or they are terrible and don't beat the first man/go out for a goal kick. There's no inbetween.

There is definitely in between as we saw it yesterday. He put in some great crosses and then he spooned a few high and wide.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3273 on: March 18, 2019, 12:20:30 pm »

thats because crossing is shit and random and has a low chance of success every time you take one....nothing to do with Trent

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #3274 on: March 18, 2019, 12:27:13 pm »
Would you say that David Beckham's crossing was shit and random?

If a player with good crossing ability has the ball out wide, you know that if you stand inside the box infront of the keeper then you have a great chance of being picked out or at least the keeper and his centre back will be forced to do something which could lead to an error or a second ball chance.

Those 3 assists Trent got recently were largely down to excellent crossing or long balls. Every so often Trent's crossing is a bit off like yesterday. If he continues working on that then it can be his biggest asset.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #3275 on: March 18, 2019, 12:27:49 pm »

Kyle Walker?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3276 on: March 18, 2019, 12:38:32 pm »
Would you say that David Beckham's crossing was shit and random?

David Beckhams crossing was about as good as there's ever been ..... go and research how many of his crosses resulted in chances
Its a very low productivity way of producing a chance even if you're elite at it - especially against set defences - with little aerial threat in the middle. Its a scheme problem if its our plan to score that way with this team/set up.

Trent is an incredible ball striker but if he's crossing into set defences he's going to have a low chance of producing anything
And Trent really is an elite attacking full back - he's a constant threat, produces more chances than most full backs and so on
The problem is when we attack like we did yesterday by constantly spreading it wide to the fullbacks to cross into a set defence the problem is with our scheme not Trent or Robertson its not effective - its our number 1 flaw when we're playing deep defending teams.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3277 on: March 18, 2019, 12:51:50 pm »

Is a cross good if its not successful?

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #3278 on: March 18, 2019, 01:39:22 pm »

As long as the cross is into an area more or less in the middle of the goal then it's up to the forwards to anticipate it and get in position. In that sense, the crosser (TAA) has done all he can and the rest is down to Mane, Firmino, Salah etc to get on the end of it.

If you as a forward are getting there but the cross is sailing over you and out for a throw in, or going out for a goal kick then there's nothing you can do. But trusting someone with excellent crossing ability to pick you out more often than not, it's a great weapon to have.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #3279 on: March 18, 2019, 02:44:17 pm »

England were loving Trippier in summer due to him crossing into "good areas", but what use is that when a player doesn't have a chance of getting on to it. At the highest level, putting it into a good area is useless, you need to be sure someones going to have a chance of getting it.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks