Author Topic: The corruption fallacy - they’re all out to get us!  (Read 141712 times)

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The corruption fallacy - they’re all out to get us!
« Reply #4000 on: April 14, 2024, 07:06:43 pm »
why did we request it to be released then?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4001 on: April 14, 2024, 07:08:41 pm »
why did we request it to be released then?
Noise. The focus on PGMOL is not something that puts them in a good light. Independent control over these c*nts is imperative!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4002 on: April 14, 2024, 07:10:47 pm »
if we end up losing a league title by 2 points we can surely point to that game and what happened as the difference.

we requested the VAR audio via a carefully worded statement but never followed up with any comment on it again.

And why do you think that is? Come on, I could do with a laugh

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4003 on: April 14, 2024, 07:18:31 pm »
i'm talking shite and without a proper understanding of PGMOL.

There should be repercussions though.

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4004 on: April 21, 2024, 08:03:45 pm »
 The ref's/VAR must be underperforming their xg by a huge amount this season, Another great opportunity missed to screw us over, on Jota's goal, this is 1 sloppy conspiracy.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #4005 on: April 21, 2024, 08:09:30 pm »
They only screw us some of the time, not every time, so couldn’t possibly be dodgy

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #4006 on: April 21, 2024, 08:21:55 pm »
The ref's/VAR must be underperforming their xg by a huge amount this season, Another great opportunity missed to screw us over, on Jota's goal, this is 1 sloppy conspiracy.

This thread is about PGMOL corruption, the Everton decisions today were blatant. Louis Saha called iit after the game something strange is happening. The damage has already been done to us and you skim the till you don’t run away with it in a bag marked swag. It could be betting, it could be bias but the awful decisions can not be explained by mere incompetence. How anyone can think today is a good day to say PGMOL is not corrupt.

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #4007 on: April 21, 2024, 08:25:23 pm »
Diaz 'goal'  against spurs gonna cost us  :'(

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4008 on: April 21, 2024, 08:57:31 pm »
Diaz 'goal'  against spurs gonna cost us  :'(

The Diaz goal, the Doku kung Fu and the Odegaard handball and there wouldn't even be a title race.

Delighted Forest called out the PGMOL today.

Exactly what we have been saying about Manchester officials.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4009 on: April 21, 2024, 09:57:56 pm »

Their complaint is Attwell is a Forest fan..

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4010 on: April 21, 2024, 10:03:35 pm »

Forest's complaint is that as a Luton fan Atwell should not be officiating in a match that involves one of their relegation rivals.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #4011 on: April 21, 2024, 10:06:32 pm »

Nah, their complaint is Atwell is a Luton fan and so shouldn’t be involved in game involving relegation rivals

Not sure what Eeyore is on about though, these Greater Mancunian refs who grew up football wise in the 80s and 90s are all famously fans of Altrincham, Curzon Ashton or Staylbridge Celtic. So all rather moot.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4012 on: April 21, 2024, 10:15:03 pm »
Forest's complaint is that as a Luton fan Atwell should not be officiating in a match that involves one of their relegation rivals.

That’s the one, what has that got to do with Manchester? Or is Manchester his second team?

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4013 on: April 21, 2024, 11:54:46 pm »
Murphy shit-talking as per usual. He says that VAR supporting Luton has zero, indisputably nothing to do with decisions and them supporting any team has nothing to do with how they ref - then says the fact VAR didn’t award the ‘stonewall pen’ at the end was ‘beyond my comprehension’.

A lot of the whole argument for those who are still blind in a nutshell.

Offline StigenKeegan

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4014 on: Yesterday at 01:40:24 am »
From one of the sharpest, most sensible minds on SoMe:

https://twitter.com/babuyagu/status/1782174097868226642

It really can't be said any better than this. Should really be the end of this whole thread.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4015 on: Yesterday at 01:41:09 am »
That’s the one, what has that got to do with Manchester? Or is Manchester his second team?

The point is that a Luton fan shouldn't be refereeing games that involve Luton's rivals. That is exactly why Mancunian referees shouldn't be refereeing Liverpool games.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4016 on: Yesterday at 06:52:39 am »
If the officials weren’t making these inexplicable decisions, who they support wouldn’t be questioned. But they are, and it’s every week. Said it many times but nobody can be that bad at their job and still be in the job. Foreign refs may not be any more competent than the English ones but surely they would have less bias so would be more likely to ref the game impartially. The current system is beyond repair, it has to change.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #4017 on: Yesterday at 07:40:47 am »
Murphy shit-talking as per usual. He says that VAR supporting Luton has zero, indisputably nothing to do with decisions and them supporting any team has nothing to do with how they ref - then says the fact VAR didn’t award the ‘stonewall pen’ at the end was ‘beyond my comprehension’.

A lot of the whole argument for those who are still blind in a nutshell.

Why can't Atwell officiate Luton games then?
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4018 on: Yesterday at 07:53:49 am »
Thinking back to the Spurs game, that was enough for me to know the game is rigged on some level. The VAR audio simply confirmed it for me. A mad up rule that they couldn't go back and correct their 'error.' Just not sure why they didn't want us to win that day. Was it something to do with Spurs? With money/betting or because they simply want City to win it again? That's the only thing I can't work out.

But it will come out sooner or later.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4019 on: Yesterday at 08:03:28 am »
Thinking back to the Spurs game, that was enough for me to know the game is rigged on some level. The VAR audio simply confirmed it for me. A mad up rule that they couldn't go back and correct their 'error.' Just not sure why they didn't want us to win that day. Was it something to do with Spurs? With money/betting or because they simply want City to win it again? That's the only thing I can't work out.

But it will come out sooner or later.

Darren England was VAR and is now banned from officiating our games.

Not just our goal but the still he put on the screen for the ref to go and send off Jones.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #4020 on: Yesterday at 08:04:59 am »
The Diaz goal, the Doku kung Fu and the Odegaard handball and there wouldn't even be a title race.

The Odegaard handball was annoying but we scored a minute later. For me, that didn't affect the game. The other two decisions definitely did.

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4021 on: Yesterday at 08:06:22 am »
Darren England was VAR and is now banned from officiating our games.

Not just our goal but the still he put on the screen for the ref to go and send off Jones.

A still for a VAR decision hasn't happened before or since.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4022 on: Yesterday at 08:08:50 am »
The Odegaard handball was annoying but we scored a minute later. For me, that didn't affect the game. The other two decisions definitely did.
Had the Doku penalty been called, we'd have three points on City and we'd win the league. Never mind the other PGMOL fuckups.

by the same token, had we beaten Palace at home, we'd win the league. Now we are talking about wining away at Villa. Not comparable.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4023 on: Yesterday at 08:11:00 am »
Had the Doku penalty been called, we'd have three points on City and we'd win the league. Never mind the other PGMOL fuckups.

by the same token, had we beaten Palace at home, we'd win the league. Now we are talking about wining away at Villa. Not comparable.

It's all ifs and buts. Had we beaten Palace that might have galvanised Arsenal to take maximum points off Villa. As we lost it put more pressure on them to take advantage.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4024 on: Yesterday at 08:13:27 am »
Agreed. The 'if we'd...' stuff is pointless torture. We can't really know. Even the Doku one (where there was no time after it) there was no guarantee we'd have scored the penalty. And who knows, perhaps if we beat Spurs we lose points elsewhere because the Spurs result was galvanising in a way a win wouldn't have been. Plus we may well still win the league.

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4025 on: Yesterday at 08:15:39 am »
Agreed. The 'if we'd...' stuff is pointless torture. We can't really know. Even the Doku one (where there was no time after it) there was no guarantee we'd have scored the penalty. And who knows, perhaps if we beat Spurs we lose points elsewhere because the Spurs result was galvanising in a way a win wouldn't have been. Plus we may well still win the league.

With Salah taking the penalty we definitely couldn't guarantee he'd score it.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4026 on: Yesterday at 08:33:37 am »
With Salah taking the penalty we definitely couldn't guarantee he'd score it.

Was Salah on the pitch? Mac Allister had already scored a penalty in the game. Wasn’t Mo still out?

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4027 on: Yesterday at 09:13:12 am »
Was Salah on the pitch? Mac Allister had already scored a penalty in the game. Wasn’t Mo still out?
Mo came on as a sub

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4028 on: Yesterday at 09:38:08 am »
Mo came on as a sub

My short term memory is fucked. :D

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4029 on: Yesterday at 09:47:49 am »

Makes you wonder why the likes of Moggi went to so much trouble to pressurise referees into giving Juventus favourable decisions. It also seems a bit unfair to send him to prison I mean no one knows how those matches would have turned out anyway. The referees giving Juve decisions may have galvanised the opposition.

I mean as Ped said about Barca allegedly bribing Negreira.

“What I’m pretty sure is when Barcelona won, it was because they were better than the opponents. That I’m pretty convinced about right now – in our day.

“We won because we were far better than our rivals. And when they were not, they don’t win, they lose. But justice will decide what really happened.”

Makes you wonder why they bothered paying millions for favourable decisions.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4030 on: Yesterday at 09:52:49 am »
Makes you wonder why the likes of Moggi went to so much trouble to pressurise referees into giving Juventus favourable decisions. It also seems a bit unfair to send him to prison I mean no one knows how those matches would have turned out anyway. The referees giving Juve decisions may have galvanised the opposition.

I mean as Ped said about Barca allegedly bribing Negreira.

“What I’m pretty sure is when Barcelona won, it was because they were better than the opponents. That I’m pretty convinced about right now – in our day.

“We won because we were far better than our rivals. And when they were not, they don’t win, they lose. But justice will decide what really happened.”

Makes you wonder why they bothered paying millions for favourable decisions.

Moggi was no worse than Ferguson.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4031 on: Yesterday at 01:18:37 pm »
Oh, that’s ok then.
If the officials had done their job impartially and correctly, we would currently be clear at the top.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4032 on: Yesterday at 01:21:59 pm »
Dermot Gallagher saying no pen for the first one at Everton yday, even though Young kicked through the Forest player.
It was almost identical to Virgil kicking through Isak at Saudi, although that was a foul and a red card!

Still a lot of talk about Forest’s statement. Yet still none of them asking why the officials are giving these inexplicable decisions.

Offline El_Macca_17

• Legacy Fan
  • Out here on the perimeter there are no stars.
« Reply #4033 on: Yesterday at 01:31:29 pm »
A still for a VAR decision hasn't happened before or since.

I’m pretty sure it has. I only know because that incident annoyed me more than the Diaz decision so I’ve been keeping an eye out for anything similar ever since. There was an incident fairly recently in a mid-week game which, I think, involved Chelsea where the referee was sent to the monitor and a still of the impact was the first thing they saw. It’s certainly not a regular occurrence though.
"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."