Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5718327 times)

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Wenger Gone - Unai Emery appointed
« Reply #53960 on: November 4, 2019, 12:29:58 am »
About the only thing preventing a full on meltdown is the current form of spurs.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #53961 on: November 4, 2019, 12:46:25 am »
I think they need to bring the Arsenal way back to the Club. Who would be the Solskjaer equivalent for them? Kanu maybe? Has Sylvan Wiltord got his coaching badges yet?

Won't be shocked if they go for Arteta again.  :P
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #53962 on: November 4, 2019, 01:33:32 am »
If Rodgers left Leicester he’d be a bit of a prick, and it’s probably a silly career move for him anyway.
Mourinho won’t bring the fan base together, and it’ll be much the same as his time at United.

They’d be best off holding off to the end of the season and getting Ancelotti.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #53963 on: November 4, 2019, 01:43:18 am »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #53964 on: November 4, 2019, 10:59:41 am »
Looks as though Arsenal fans are desperate to be in the race for most delusional fan base in the league. They're six points off 4th. What did they expect? Give Emery the season and then sack him if you don't secure Champions League football.

Please bring in Mourinho though. He'll have about 1/4 of what he had to spend at United and he'll absolutely go down in flames and bring the club down with him trying to get these back to where they think they belong.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53965 on: November 4, 2019, 11:55:02 am »
Damn - Troopz was pretty wasted on the post game of Wolves. Didn't know he was allowed out without his baseball cap on though.

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #53966 on: November 4, 2019, 12:08:41 pm »
That would be fun. May help destabilise the mancs possibly.

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #53967 on: November 4, 2019, 12:11:36 pm »
Looks as though Arsenal fans are desperate to be in the race for most delusional fan base in the league. They're six points off 4th. What did they expect? Give Emery the season and then sack him if you don't secure Champions League football.

Please bring in Mourinho though. He'll have about 1/4 of what he had to spend at United and he'll absolutely go down in flames and bring the club down with him trying to get these back to where they think they belong.
I might be  only one on here who rates mourinho [emoji28] but honestly I can't see him making them any worse defensively. They have enough quality going forwards to continue scoring goals. Have we forgotten that he made that utd lot finish 2nd? (A lot of the transfers mind you were negotiated with sponsorships in mind).

He also did well with Inter and Porto on relatively low budgets.  I wouldn't want to see him at the Arse.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53968 on: November 4, 2019, 01:51:40 pm »
The teams doing well right now all have a solid structure in place, a plan. I said before Wenger left that he seemed to be heavily involved in everything there, and they needed to break up his responsibilities and hire a few people to take over before switching managers, but it seems like they've just continued on the same but with a manager who can't fill that gap. If they do replace Emery I can see them struggling regardless of who they bring in, the mancs have a ton of money behind them but maureen failed there because they have the same problem.

On another note, can we call Pepe shit yet or is it still too early?

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53969 on: November 4, 2019, 01:55:05 pm »
The teams doing well right now all have a solid structure in place, a plan. I said before Wenger left that he seemed to be heavily involved in everything there, and they needed to break up his responsibilities and hire a few people to take over before switching managers, but it seems like they've just continued on the same but with a manager who can't fill that gap. If they do replace Emery I can see them struggling regardless of who they bring in, the mancs have a ton of money behind them but maureen failed there because they have the same problem.

Bargain at twice the price  ;)

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #53970 on: November 4, 2019, 03:14:50 pm »

You never know how a player will eventually turn out of course but usually you see a player who'll go on to be great and think yeah they have something, even if they are missing goals etc......with Pepe you just kinda think headless chicken

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53973 on: November 4, 2019, 04:48:01 pm »

6 points of 4th? You say that is if that's a good thing. We're 6 points off of a Chelsea team that sold their best player and are in a transfer ban, and Leicester. Plus, it's likely to be 9 points by the end of the weekend.

It's not just about position in the table just now, it's about poor performance after poor performance, its about not addressing any of the weaknesses, its about not being to hold onto leads, it's about being poor away form still, about not giving away 30 shots a game to th elikes of Watford, Palace & Wolves, it's about strange team selections and even stranger substitutions.

18 months in and the performances aren't getting better, they are getting worse. Here's a good question, when was the last time you can think of where you seen us play and thought we actually played well? I reckon you have to go back to March, possibly February.
I was all for giving Emery a chance. Last season was a free hit. I thought they had an fairly decent window in the summer as well. But I was looking for improvement this season. I've ve yet to see any.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53974 on: November 4, 2019, 04:50:52 pm »
Last time I can remember you playing well completely was against us at your ground last season.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53975 on: November 4, 2019, 09:31:28 pm »
Why is their Europa League game on Wednesday with a 3.50pm kick off?

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53976 on: November 4, 2019, 09:35:31 pm »
traffic in portugal

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53977 on: November 4, 2019, 09:40:53 pm »
Who the hell is that
Don't know, but "Don't Leave Me This Way" by the Communards was playing when I saw this clip, and it fitted perfectly with the bloke's movements!

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53978 on: November 4, 2019, 09:52:06 pm »
Last time I can remember you playing well completely was against us at your ground last season.

Might possibly be. Burnley away, last game of the season in a dead rubber for Burnley, was the only game since the very start of April we've won a league game by more than a single goal.

Apparently because Braga are playing Beşiktaş on the Thursday night and it's only 25 miles away.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2019, 09:55:43 pm by ScottishGoon »

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #53979 on: November 4, 2019, 09:55:35 pm »

Maybe cos Guimarães and Braga are both playing in the Europa at home this week, the clubs are only about 20 miles away from each other.

Not sure why the schedulers didn't notice that when making the fixtures though  :P

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53980 on: November 5, 2019, 05:09:01 pm »
I might be  only one on here who rates mourinho [emoji28] but honestly I can't see him making them any worse defensively. They have enough quality going forwards to continue scoring goals. Have we forgotten that he made that utd lot finish 2nd? (A lot of the transfers mind you were negotiated with sponsorships in mind).

He also did well with Inter and Porto on relatively low budgets.  I wouldn't want to see him at the Arse.

Didn't Inter spend loads of money on typical Mourinho short-term signings while he was there and they only became a relatively low budget club after that?

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53981 on: November 5, 2019, 07:54:23 pm »
Xhaka stripped of the captaincy. Who were the other four again?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #53982 on: November 5, 2019, 07:55:56 pm »
Xhaka stripped of the captaincy. Who were the other four again?
They release that statement where they show that he’s suffered real anguish...

And then they throw him under a bus...

Glad I don’t play for them if that’s how they treat you.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #53983 on: November 6, 2019, 12:06:42 am »
Didn't Inter spend loads of money on typical Mourinho short-term signings while he was there and they only became a relatively low budget club after that?
In fairness to him, Inter’s 2009 summer transfer window has got to be among the greatest of all-time:

In: Sneijder, Milito, Thiago Motta, Eto’o and Lucio

all paid for by

Out: Ibrahimovic

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #53984 on: November 6, 2019, 01:07:29 am »
Have any Arsenal supporter groups or anything reached out and apologised to Xhaka?

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53985 on: November 6, 2019, 11:17:48 am »
Have any Arsenal supporter groups or anything reached out and apologised to Xhaka?

Not 100% sure the supporter groups should be apologising to him for the abuse if they didn't give it - but it would make a compelling message if supporter groups condemned personal attacks on social media, especially on player partners and kids.  At the end of the day the vast, vast majority of fans realise football is a fun hobby to follow - but some seem to be mentally deranged and can't understand how sending threats of physical violence is absolutely the wrong thing to do.

Believe if I was a player with kids I wouldn't allow them social media for that reason, it just takes a handful of morons to cause an issue despite a fanbase in the tens of millions.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #53986 on: November 6, 2019, 11:20:08 am »
Times reporting Xhaka likely to go in January. No surprise there.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53987 on: November 6, 2019, 11:22:54 am »
Times reporting Xhaka likely to go in January. No surprise there.
They're one of the most toxic fanbases around at the moment, Xhaka is probably the tip of the iceberg, Auba, Lacazette could comfortably move to competitive teams in Germany, Italy or Spain, Arsenal are a cesspit right now, poorly run, uncompetitive and impatient fans, if I was a top player I'd be thinking of jumping ship.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #53988 on: November 6, 2019, 11:31:42 am »
Not 100% sure the supporter groups should be apologising to him for the abuse if they didn't give it - but it would make a compelling message if supporter groups condemned personal attacks on social media, especially on player partners and kids.  At the end of the day the vast, vast majority of fans realise football is a fun hobby to follow - but some seem to be mentally deranged and can't understand how sending threats of physical violence is absolutely the wrong thing to do.

Believe if I was a player with kids I wouldn't allow them social media for that reason, it just takes a handful of morons to cause an issue despite a fanbase in the tens of millions.

What do you resident Gooners think the reaction would be/would have been like for a Xhaka return?  As captain or otherwise.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53989 on: November 6, 2019, 11:42:36 am »
They're one of the most toxic fanbases around at the moment, Xhaka is probably the tip of the iceberg, Auba, Lacazette could comfortably move to competitive teams in Germany, Italy or Spain, Arsenal are a cesspit right now, poorly run, uncompetitive and impatient fans, if I was a top player I'd be thinking of jumping ship.

So the fans fuck over the captain who was so popular in the dressing room the players voted him captain...yeah I'm sure alllll those players love those fans now. Like you say, I can see more than a few moving on soon

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53990 on: November 6, 2019, 02:10:26 pm »
What do you resident Gooners think the reaction would be/would have been like for a Xhaka return?  As captain or otherwise.

It's never really been about Xhaka.  Sure, people would get on his back, because he is one of Wenger's signings which totally different fit Wenger's system (highly technical possession game) and looked totally at sea under his management.  Under Emery he's seen as a bit of a clogger, scores a worldie now and again, but overall puts in a lot of effort but doesn't have the skillset to excel in his role.  In some ways how many fans used to treat Henderson under Rodgers before he kicked it up a gear and became more reliable. 

Now that Arsenal have a bit of a sustained 'wobble' the fans concern about Emery not improving the team is coming to a boiling point amongst some of the fanbase, bearing in mind this is a fanbase which had about four years of being sick of capitulations before Emery arrived in the first place.  Xhaka wasn't especially guilty in that he didn't play especially poorly (it was a tactical sub), but he's certainly not lived up to his price tag or billing - he should have taken the abuse, called it out on social media, told the fans doing it that it was a tactical sub and his commitment to the club won't change and he'll always put 100% in on the pitch - this would have strengthened his hand. 

Instead he goes and abuses the fans by telling them to 'fuck off', refuses to apologise for that online and seemingly isn't trusted by the manager.  It's unfortunate because at this point he's probably better on the pitch than on it, I have to expect he's going to come back to the first XI as his passing is useful in opening up the lines - but Emery is rapidly running out of road in his handling of the Ozil and Xhaka situations - and expect him to be replaced either mid season or at the end of the year.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53991 on: November 6, 2019, 02:17:12 pm »
It's never really been about Xhaka.  Sure, people would get on his back, because he is one of Wenger's signings which totally different fit Wenger's system (highly technical possession game) and looked totally at sea under his management.  Under Emery he's seen as a bit of a clogger, scores a worldie now and again, but overall puts in a lot of effort but doesn't have the skillset to excel in his role.  In some ways how many fans used to treat Henderson under Rodgers before he kicked it up a gear and became more reliable. 

Now that Arsenal have a bit of a sustained 'wobble' the fans concern about Emery not improving the team is coming to a boiling point amongst some of the fanbase, bearing in mind this is a fanbase which had about four years of being sick of capitulations before Emery arrived in the first place.  Xhaka wasn't especially guilty in that he didn't play especially poorly (it was a tactical sub), but he's certainly not lived up to his price tag or billing - he should have taken the abuse, called it out on social media, told the fans doing it that it was a tactical sub and his commitment to the club won't change and he'll always put 100% in on the pitch - this would have strengthened his hand. 

Instead he goes and abuses the fans by telling them to 'fuck off', refuses to apologise for that online and seemingly isn't trusted by the manager.  It's unfortunate because at this point he's probably better on the pitch than on it, I have to expect he's going to come back to the first XI as his passing is useful in opening up the lines - but Emery is rapidly running out of road in his handling of the Ozil and Xhaka situations - and expect him to be replaced either mid season or at the end of the year.

It may not have been smart by Xhaka, but he was entirely justified to tell the fans booing him to go forth and multiply. They are the guilty party here and he doesn't need to apologise. Why should he take it? If my clients booed/insulted me whilst doing my job I'd tell them where to go as well. Saying he abused the fans is laughable.

The only reason that it isn't smart is because its not good for his career; nothing to do with the right and wrongs of the situation.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #53992 on: November 6, 2019, 02:32:23 pm »
Him not apologising was the one right decision made in this whole shitshow!

Dreadful fan-base, who need to take a long hard look at their own behaviour first and foremost.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #53993 on: November 6, 2019, 02:37:57 pm »

Thanks for the insight.

Him not apologising was the one right decision made in this whole shitshow!

Dreadful fan-base, who need to take a long hard look at their own behaviour first and foremost.

Inclined to agree with this.  It was an emotional reaction that I wouldn't have recommended, but I don't think his later response was unreasonable at all.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #53994 on: November 6, 2019, 03:06:11 pm »
Dont know how true it is, but Aubameyang has rejected a new deal, but they've made him club captain?  :o

Crackers that!
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53995 on: November 6, 2019, 03:34:31 pm »
Arsenal team: Martinez; Mustafi, Holding, Sokratis; Maitland-Niles, Ceballos, Willock, Tierney; Pepe, Martinelli, Saka

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #53996 on: November 6, 2019, 03:38:00 pm »
What the fuck are these Thursday night wankers doing on the telly on a Wednesday?

Tuesdays & Wednesdays are reserved for European royalty, and city, and Chelsea, and Spurs, fuck off ;D

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53997 on: November 6, 2019, 03:51:38 pm »
What the fuck are these Thursday night wankers doing on the telly on a Wednesday?

Tuesdays & Wednesdays are reserved for European royalty, and city, and Chelsea, and Spurs, fuck off ;D

https://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/1192099762398478336

:D

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #53998 on: November 6, 2019, 04:02:41 pm »

Due to another team Braga are playing at home nearby in the same comp tomorrow, UEFA rules no teams can play at home same matchweek.

21.03 If more than one club from the same city, or within a radius of 50km (31 miles) of
each other, is taking part in any of the UEFA club competitions and/or plays in the
same stadium, and if the association and the clubs concerned explicitly declare
when entering the clubs that their matches cannot be played on the same day or
on consecutive days, the UEFA administration may alter or confirm dates and kickoff times in accordance with the principles set by the Club Competitions
Committee.
#Sausages

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #53999 on: November 6, 2019, 04:08:01 pm »
How have Arsenal started? the -1 asian handicap @ 3/1 persuaded me to back them today  ;D