Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4571266 times)

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ill Douche - Fungal Dick
« Reply #61560 on: March 24, 2020, 08:44:05 pm »
"Believe me, I've played golf with Jesus. Everybody knows about it. Nice guy, we have a lot in common. The Pope doesn't even have a membership at the country club."

Expect a call where they ask you to become his next speech writer.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61561 on: March 24, 2020, 09:02:14 pm »
Trump saying he wants to see the country raring to go by Easter and it would be great to see packed churches.
Ahh, right. Didn't take long for the old "pray the ga....I mean, pray the Covid away" mentality to shine through.

These fucking people...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61562 on: March 24, 2020, 09:10:33 pm »
"Believe me, I've played golf with Jesus. Everybody knows about it. Nice guy, we have a lot in common. The Pope doesn't even have a membership at the country club."

Expect a call where they ask you to become his next speech writer.

;D

I remember how FOX were trying to nest in the Pope's colon - until he started chiming in about climate change.  Then the likes of Hannity and that other fuckwit with the bowtie who's name escapes me launched into a string of "the Pope should stick to Poping and let scientists handle this so-called climate change".  Then somebody pointed out Pope Francis had a diploma in chemistry.  Might not be all that impressive, but it's more than either of those two morons has.  And at least he worked in a lab as well.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 09:12:54 pm by Red Berry »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #61563 on: March 24, 2020, 09:48:29 pm »
Weird the way this press conference is going

With the medical expert peeking over Trumps shoulder?!

What's that about?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61564 on: March 24, 2020, 09:51:21 pm »
Someone needs to take this fool out and i don't mean for dinner.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #61565 on: March 24, 2020, 10:02:54 pm »
Trump saying he wants to see the country raring to go by Easter and it would be great to see packed churches.

Daniel Dale@ddale8
Trump: "I would love to have it open by Easter," April 12. He says it's an important day for other reasons, but he wants it important "for this too."

Fox host Bill Hemmer responds that that "would be a great American resurrection."

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #61566 on: March 24, 2020, 10:04:52 pm »
That doctor fella should be president.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #61567 on: March 24, 2020, 10:38:50 pm »
"According to the latest Gallup poll, his approval rating has risen five points this month to 49%, the best of his presidency."

HOW?!  :wanker :no :butt

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52012048

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61568 on: March 24, 2020, 10:43:06 pm »
Just watch -- Trump's next suggestion will be to put any relatively healthy COVID-19 patient to work at his hotels and golf courses. I mean, they're already sick, they don't have to worry about social distancing! Let's make this American economy great again!
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Not that Gareth

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #61569 on: March 24, 2020, 10:49:31 pm »
"According to the latest Gallup poll, his approval rating has risen five points this month to 49%, the best of his presidency."

People heard things like free money so they think he is doing a great job, only thing I can think of. The total stimulus package is now 6tr, that is fucking mind boggling

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61570 on: March 24, 2020, 11:03:11 pm »
Watch this idiot.

Trump  -- They keep throwing used masks away...Many masks can be sanitized, we have very good liquids for doing this, they're starting to do this more and more

Emergency doctor - (smirk) I'd love to invite President Trump to my emergency room....We keep reusing masks over and over...It is impossible to sterilize masks at this point without destroying the fabric and their protective ability.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/03/22/doctor-megan-ranney-trump-reusing-masks-coronavirus-ip-vpx.cnn
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61571 on: March 24, 2020, 11:06:47 pm »
I am honestly just waiting for some doctor to get to the podium after Trump has spoken and say something along the lines of, "Please ignore everything the President just said, it's utter nonsense.  If you don't stay home you will get this, you will pass it to others, and people will die.  That's it.  End of discussion.  Stay home."

Popcorn's Art

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61572 on: March 24, 2020, 11:11:26 pm »
Watch this idiot.

Trump  -- They keep throwing used masks away...Many masks can be sanitized, we have very good liquids for doing this, they're starting to do this more and more

Emergency doctor - (smirk) I'd love to invite President Trump to my emergency room....We keep reusing masks over and over...It is impossible to sterilize masks at this point without destroying the fabric and their protective ability.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/03/22/doctor-megan-ranney-trump-reusing-masks-coronavirus-ip-vpx.cnn

He's a disaster. He acts as if this is one of his rallies where it's all about scoring a point. It doesn't matter what he thinks, it's a serious issue and he needs to treat it like one. I'm surprised he doesn't realise that. Even if the virus disappears tomorrow he's handled this badly. Since it won't disappear tomorrow it will do more damage. Can't believe he hasn't figured that out yet. Image is everything for him.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61573 on: March 24, 2020, 11:22:33 pm »
He's a disaster. He acts as if this is one of his rallies where it's all about scoring a point. It doesn't matter what he thinks, it's a serious issue and he needs to treat it like one. I'm surprised he doesn't realise that. Even if the virus disappears tomorrow he's handled this badly. Since it won't disappear tomorrow it will do more damage. Can't believe he hasn't figured that out yet. Image is everything for him.

It's  only serious to Trump in the sense of what it means to him personally.  He's itching to get back to his rallies and Mar-A-Lago.

Popcorn's Art

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61574 on: March 24, 2020, 11:27:46 pm »

Darwin approves of this message.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61575 on: March 24, 2020, 11:34:10 pm »
It's  only serious to Trump in the sense of what it means to him personally.  He's itching to get back to his rallies and Mar-A-Lago.

Yes, but people like him are usually sensitive when it comes to protecting and promoting their image. This time he seems completely out of touch. I don't think it's right to do what Macron did and compare it to war, but Trump is too casual. And I say that even though I believe he has a point about the economy. Everyone seems to have just one focus even if millions of people could soon lose their jobs. There's a potential depression around the corner, so Trump does have a point. Even if people prefer to focus on the threat of the virus there are other factors that a leader of a country must consider. But from what I have seen he doesn't take the virus or the economy serious. It's really bad leadership.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61576 on: March 24, 2020, 11:47:08 pm »
Yes, but people like him are usually sensitive when it comes to protecting and promoting their image. This time he seems completely out of touch. I don't think it's right to do what Macron did and compare it to war, but Trump is too casual. And I say that even though I believe he has a point about the economy. Everyone seems to have just one focus even if millions of people could soon lose their jobs. There's a potential depression around the corner, so Trump does have a point. Even if people prefer to focus on the threat of the virus there are other factors that a leader of a country must consider. But from what I have seen he doesn't take the virus or the economy serious. It's really bad leadership.

Trump is an entertainer and a con man.  He will give the people - HIS people - what he thinks they want.

He will do what he has always done.  He will deflect, he will blame others, he will refuse to accept responsibility, but he'll do it in a way where he makes it look like his hands were tied by others.

It doesn't matter what it looks like from our sane perspective, because we're not the people he's targeting.  With enough confidence you can get away with almost anything.  And he is a confidence trickster; he knows how to act the part.

We need to see the lay of the land in three months, when bodies are piling up and he's spouting the same old bullshit and trying to move COVID-19 off the front pages with a different scandal.  Unfortunately, it's far too soon into this catastrophe for people to see who they have tied their future to.

Popcorn's Art

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61577 on: March 24, 2020, 11:51:03 pm »
Trump telling people to follow guidelines on social distancing when hes standing on a platform packed with people.

Then he went on to tell everyone how wonderful Easter is, and how much he likes it, so he ll pick it as a day the infections stop.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #61578 on: March 25, 2020, 01:14:24 am »
He wants quarantine to be over by Easter ".. because it's such a beautiful time."

Face it, he and others would rather have people die before the economy.
Kill the humourless

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61579 on: March 25, 2020, 01:18:28 am »
Quarantining may only flatten and elongate the curve to minimize the crush. 

Once people are out, many will catch it. Most will recover, hopefully immune.
Kill the humourless

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #61580 on: March 25, 2020, 01:24:47 am »
Trump telling people to follow guidelines on social distancing when hes standing on a platform packed with people.

Then he went on to tell everyone how wonderful Easter is, and how much he likes it, so he ll pick it as a day the infections stop.

That could be the point to make the joke about him not knowing what social distancing, but for once I think he actually knows what it is. After all, Melania has been doing it for years...

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #61581 on: March 25, 2020, 02:47:26 am »

Let’s just hope his followers listen to him but the rest stay indoors and away from the rest.

That way the virus may pick off the idiots and notch up the average IQ in the US by about 100 points.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61582 on: March 25, 2020, 07:14:10 am »

According to last nights news 60% of Americans approve his handling of the virus. There's no justice when a con man gets away with incompetence mate.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61583 on: March 25, 2020, 07:19:39 am »
According to last nights news 60% of Americans approve his handling of the virus. There's no justice when a con man gets away with incompetence mate.

Itll be interesting how the approval ratings go as the bodies pile up.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61584 on: March 25, 2020, 07:21:35 am »

Trump-Owned Companies Banned From Virus Aid in Stimulus Bill

(Bloomberg) -- The $2 trillion stimulus plan agreed to by White House and Senate leaders would ban any company controlled by President Donald Trump or his children from receiving loans or investments from Treasury programs.

According to a summary circulated by the office of Democratic leader Chuck Schumer, businesses owned by the president, vice president, members of Congress or heads of executive departments would be excluded from receiving that aid. The block also would also extend to companies controlled by their children, spouses or in-laws.

Trump broke with the practice of previous presidents who either divested assets that could cause conflicts of interest or put those assets in blind trusts. Instead, Trump transferred his assets to a revocable trust administered by his elder son, Donald Trump Jr., and Allen Weisselberg, the chief financial officer of the Trump Organization.
Several Trump-branded properties have been affected by the virus-induced demand crash, as well as state and local restrictions on going out in public.

The package, agreed to early Wednesday morning, would roll out billions in assistance for companies and states and cities, checks to most Americans and loans to small businesses to maintain payroll. The Senate is expected to vote later Wednesday on the measure.

Read more: White House, Senators Strike Deal on Massive Stimulus Package

©2020 Bloomberg L.P.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/trump-owned-companies-banned-from-virus-aid-in-stimulus-bill-1.1411909
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61585 on: March 25, 2020, 07:55:48 am »

Read the same in The Times. Absolutely mad.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61586 on: March 25, 2020, 09:02:44 am »
A "Rally 'round the flag effect". Probably similar here with Boris and his chancellor overlooking their past record and the policies that have led to an under-equipped public service sector.

Even the saudis have closed their religious sites, but the religious right have been having a word in his ear. Packed churches and big social groupings so soon into the pandemic is a nightmare.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61587 on: March 25, 2020, 09:20:51 am »
The Washington Post
Senate, White House reach $2 trillion stimulus deal to blunt coronavirus fallout
 Erica Werner, Mike DeBonis, Paul Kane, Jeff Stein
3 hrs ago

Senate leaders and the Trump administration reached agreement early Wednesday on a $2 trillion stimulus package to rescue the economy from the coronavirus assault, potentially setting the stage for swift passage of the massive legislation through both chambers of Congress.

“Ladies and gentlemen, we are done. We have a deal,” White House legislative affairs director Eric Ueland told reporters around 1 a.m.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) were expected to discuss the breakthrough on the Senate floor shortly, after a long day of talks with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, Ueland and others.

The agreement capped five straight days of intensive negotiations that occasionally descended into partisan warfare as the nation’s economy reeled from the deadly pandemic, with schools and businesses closed, mass layoffs slamming the workforce, and tens of thousands falling ill.

The legislation, unprecedented in its size and scope, aims to flood the economy with capital by sending $1,200 checks to many Americans, creating a $367 billion loan program for small businesses, and setting up a $500 billion fund for industries, cities and states.

Other provisions include a massive boost to unemployment insurance, $150 billion for state and local stimulus funds and $130 billion for hospitals, among numerous other provisions.

Tuesday began with all parties predicting a deal would be imminent, along with a vote by Tuesday evening. But as the hours dragged on multiple disputes arose and legislative language required close review.

Finally, as midnight neared Tuesday, the pace of shuttle diplomacy picked up on the second floor of the Capitol, as Mnuchin, Ueland and newly named White House chief of staff Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) met alternately with McConnell and Schumer, who was in frequent contact with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.).

The package would extend extraordinary taxpayer assistance to potentially millions of American and companies that have been hammered by the fast-moving economic crisis. The bill is being rushed through Congress without public hearings or formal review, and it’s unclear how effective the measures would be in arresting the economy’s sudden fall.

The stock market rose sharply Tuesday in anticipation of the deal, with the Dow Jones industrial average surging more than 2,100 points, or 11.4 percent. The government is dealing with a number of competing pressures, though, as President Trump declared that he’d like much of the country to be up and running by April 12 even though the number of people testing positive for the novel virus in the U.S. continues to climb.

The Senate bill would direct payments of $1,200 to most American adults and $500 to most children, create a $500 billion lending program for companies, states, and cities, and extend an additional $367 billion to help small companies deal with payroll problems. It would bolster the unemployment insurance system and pump $150 billion into U.S. hospitals. The bill more than doubled in size in just a few days.

White House National Economic Council Director Larry Kudlow called it the “single largest Main Street assistance program in the history of the United States.”

The delay in finalizing a deal came, in part, because aides launched a painstaking scrub of the bill’s text, to make sure that one of the most ambitious pieces of legislation ever attempted by Congress — thrown together in little over a week — actually said what lawmakers wanted it to say.

Senate Republicans were being extra meticulous because they felt an earlier and much smaller coronavirus relief bill, which Mnuchin negotiated in a rush with Pelosi earlier this month, turned out to have provisions related to paid sick leave that GOP senators opposed – but which they reluctantly accepted. Now, they wanted to double- and triple-check Mnuchin’s work in brokering a deal with Schumer given the enormous stakes.

As lawmakers neared a deal, the White House made a significant concession to Democrats’ demands, agreeing to allow enhanced scrutiny over the massive loan program that is a centerpiece of the Senate’s $2 trillion coronavirus economic package.

This pertains to the $500 billion loan and loan guarantee program that the Treasury Department would be tasked with administering for companies, states, and cities. Of that amount, $425 billion is supposed to go to businesses, cities and states. An additional $50 billion would go to passenger airlines, as well as $8 billion for cargo airlines, and $17 billion for firms that are deemed important to national security.

Trump has already said he wants some of the money to go to the cruise ship industry, and he also wants assistance for hotels. When he was asked Monday evening who would perform oversight of the program, Trump responded, “I’ll be the oversight.”

But during closed-door negotiations on Capitol Hill, White House officials agreed to allow an independent inspector general and an oversight board to scrutinize the lending decisions, senators said.

The most recent precedent for this is the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program that was created during the 2008 financial crisis. To oversee TARP, Congress created an independent inspector general, a regulatory oversight board and a congressional oversight panel. Over the course of several years, investigations uncovered numerous cases of fraud at large and small companies as firms sought to obtain taxpayer money through various programs.

Democrats welcomed the new oversight mechanisms.

“We got better oversight, better oversight,” Sen. Joe Manchin III (D-W.Va.) said as he left a Tuesday morning meeting with Schumer. “The oversight basically is saying that you know you can’t just ... exempt everybody and give all your corporate executives, based on the backs of the taxpayers, free carnival.”

Manchin has been critical of the bill being weighted more toward Wall Street than average America. Trump took a shot at the lawmaker when asked about his criticism during an interview Tuesday on Fox News.

“Does Joe Manchin want all of these, or many of these companies to go out of business? We’ll have an unemployment rate the likes of which nobody’s ever seen before,” Trump said. "We have to save these companies. These are companies that weren’t in trouble three weeks ago, and now they’re in trouble because of what happened. These are great companies, they’re in some cases triple A companies.”

On Twitter Tuesday morning, Trump called on Congress to “approve the deal, without all of the nonsense, today.”

The legislation would also significantly boost unemployment insurance, expanding eligibility and offering workers an additional $600 a week for four months, on top of what state unemployment programs pay.

Lawmakers of both parties are under extreme pressure from their constituents and health-care providers in their districts and states to act to provide desperately needed money and supplies amid widespread shortages and waves of layoffs. As of Tuesday night there were more than 55,000 confirmed cases of the coronavirus in the United States, and the numbers were rising by the hour.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), who negotiated the small business portion, said it had grown to $367 billion, with inclusion of six months of loan forbearance for all small businesses adding $17 billion to the original $350 billion price tag.

All parties would like to act swiftly, so if the Senate is able to pass a bipartisan package quickly the expectation is that the House would follow suit. House Democrats released their own larger and more generous stimulus package on Monday, stuffed with provisions that would be non-starters for Republicans such as a $15 minimum wage requirement for airlines and businesses that receive funds. But that legislation would be set aside and Pelosi would attempt to move the Senate bill through the House.

Final issues included a push by Democrats for a dramatic increase in food stamp benefits in exchange for accepting billions more in funding for the administration’s farm bailout that Republicans have included in the stimulus bill. Sen. John Hoeven (R-N.D.) said in a news release that the legislation would increase the amount the Department of Agriculture can spend on its bailout program from $30 billion to $50 billion.

Democrats were also seeking more money for Native American tribes. And there was dispute about whether Planned Parenthood affiliates and other non-profits offering reproductive services would be able to access the small business loans. It was not immediately clear how that issue had been resolved.

The House of Representatives is currently out of session, and it would be tricky for House members to return en masse to Washington to vote. Democratic aides said they were optimistic that a strong bipartisan Senate vote would make it possible to pass the bill by unanimous consent in the House — a process requiring only two members present in the House chamber. But that would require every lawmaker to agree — a tall order for a $2 trillion bill touching every part of the U.S. economy.

“The easiest way for us to do it is to put aside our concerns for another day and get this done," Pelosi said Tuesday on CNBC. "My goal always has been to bring this bill to the floor under unanimous consent.”

However, any lawmaker of either party could object, and in an early warning sign Tuesday, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) voiced concern about the legislation over Twitter, writing that despite “vague statements” no one had seen text of the legislation that “seems to give a *HALF TRILLION DOLLARS* away to big corporations, w/ few worker protections.”

Among House Republicans, there is similar reluctance to commit to approving a still-unseen bill, according to GOP aides familiar with internal conversations. Besides potential policy objections inherent in a $2 trillion bill, members might also resist passing a bill of that magnitude without a formal vote, the aides said — thus requiring most lawmakers to return to Washington.

If unanimous consent is not possible, aides of both parties said the most likely scenario would be a day-long vote where members would be encouraged to spread out their trips to the floor and not congregate as the vote is taken.

At least two House members and one senator have tested positive for the coronavirus, while others remained quarantined, and multiple lawmakers have voiced trepidation about returning to the Capitol.

Wednesday morning’s breakthrough on the massive legislation followed five straight days of negotiations on Capitol Hill, with a deal seemingly in reach each day only to elude completion. Tempers flared on the Senate floor Monday as senators got into a near shouting match over the delays.

Congress has already passed two much smaller coronavirus relief bills: an $8.3 billion emergency supplemental for the health-care system, and a $100-billion-plus bill to boost paid sick leave and unemployment insurance and provide free coronavirus testing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/senate-white-house-reach-2-trillion-stimulus-deal-to-blunt-coronavirus-fallout/ar-BB11Dj7d?ocid=msedgntp
Kill the humourless

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61588 on: March 25, 2020, 11:47:06 am »
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1242777450662244352?s=21

The absolute irony of him calling Romney a republican in name only

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #61589 on: March 25, 2020, 12:02:23 pm »
Trump-Owned Companies Banned From Virus Aid in Stimulus Bill

(Bloomberg) -- The $2 trillion stimulus plan agreed to by White House and Senate leaders would ban any company controlled by President Donald Trump or his children from receiving loans or investments from Treasury programs.

According to a summary circulated by the office of Democratic leader Chuck Schumer, businesses owned by the president, vice president, members of Congress or heads of executive departments would be excluded from receiving that aid. The block also would also extend to companies controlled by their children, spouses or in-laws.

No fan of Chuck Schumer, but that was pretty nifty. Trump will be steaming about Crying Chuck on the ol' twitter machine when this is explained to him.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61590 on: March 25, 2020, 01:38:56 pm »
― Christine Szymanski

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #61591 on: March 25, 2020, 02:08:57 pm »
Why is he going on about being his special day? Does he get his annual fuck from Melania on Easter Sunday? Because clearly the religious stuff doesn't interest him...

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #61592 on: March 25, 2020, 02:36:39 pm »
Trumpism is a cult

Ali Velshi@AliVelshi
Whom do you trust for #coronavirus info:

Dems: CDC 87% Your governor 75% National media 72% Friends/family 72% Religious leaders 44% Trump 14%

Republicans: Trump 90% CDC 84% Friends/family 81% Religious leaders 71% You governor 65% National media 13%

-CBS/YouGov

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61593 on: March 25, 2020, 02:50:02 pm »
Trumpism is a death cult

Ali Velshi@AliVelshi

Dems: CDC 87% Your governor 75% National media 72% Friends/family 72% Religious leaders 44% Trump 14%

Republicans: Trump 90% CDC 84% Friends/family 81% Religious leaders 71% You governor 65% National media 13%

-CBS/YouGov

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #61594 on: March 25, 2020, 02:50:59 pm »
No fan of Chuck Schumer, but that was pretty nifty. Trump will be steaming about Crying Chuck on the ol' twitter machine when this is explained to him.

I suspected that Chuck wasn't clever enough to do this on his own. Just happy he got the best person to help him on this.

@JakeLahut
Interesting: Schumer notes on Morning Joe that @SenWarren played a major role in rewriting the stimulus bill on the anti-corruption front.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61595 on: March 25, 2020, 02:53:18 pm »
Trumpism is a cult

Ali Velshi@AliVelshi

-CBS/YouGov
Imagine having cancer, god forbid. "I get my advice from my mayor. He knows more about cancer than the oncologists at the hospital."

I mean, I generally liked Obama, and he was obviously a very smart man, but I'd trust the CDC regarding COVID-19 over him 100%.
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #61596 on: March 25, 2020, 02:56:51 pm »

I mean, I generally liked Obama, and he was obviously a very smart man, but I'd trust the CDC regarding COVID-19 over him 100%.

Thing about Obama is that he'd probably be telling you the advice the CDC have given rather than just his own moronic views.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61597 on: March 25, 2020, 03:36:08 pm »
Whats really upsetting Trump in all this, is that if anyone is looking presidential in the states right now its Andrew Cuomo.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61598 on: March 25, 2020, 03:52:10 pm »
Whats really upsetting Trump in all this, is that if anyone is looking presidential in the states right now its Andrew Cuomo.

He's been fantastic, my only hope in all of this.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61599 on: March 25, 2020, 04:01:50 pm »
He's been fantastic, my only hope in all of this.

His daily briefings have even become part of my day, very educational, even if you're not directly involved.