Author Topic: Pre-Season Thread  (Read 433736 times)

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Pre-Season 2021/22 Thread
« Reply #760 on: July 24, 2021, 12:37:55 am »
Thats true but that means we are relying on Matip’s fitness otherwise we could start the season with Fabinho back there.
I think the end of last season made clear that's not going to happen. Williams would start ahead of him there if we've managed to shift Phillips by then. Seems unnecessary to panic about when we've still got 5 CBs apart from Gomez and Van Dijk right now

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #761 on: July 24, 2021, 12:47:51 am »
Considering when the Brazilian trio get back, it's hugely unlikely that they would start [Becker being the exception] but the likes of Fabinho probably no chance of starting the first game hypothetically.

Yeah fair point, it'll be interesting to see what we start with then, I doubt the like of Phillips will be kept around for the season just for the first few games. Part of me wonders if we'll just keep van Dijk away from starting games right up until the season starts to give him the max training time, then start him in the first game.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #762 on: July 24, 2021, 02:13:38 am »
Liverpool fans send Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain message to Jurgen Klopp after Mainz friendly

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oxlade-chamberlain-liverpool-mainz-news-21132676

:butt

« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 02:15:17 am by Egyptian36 »

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #763 on: July 24, 2021, 02:19:27 am »
Liverpool fans send Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain message to Jurgen Klopp after Mainz friendly

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oxlade-chamberlain-liverpool-mainz-news-21132676

The Echo is embarrassing.

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: July 24, 2021, 05:40:47 am »
Minamino's been shit, we need to get rid. Origi too. Gini's been anonymous so far he can go too. Salah's not scored think we're seeing the beginning of the end now. If we can barely beat Mainz I think we'll be lucky to stay up this year.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: July 24, 2021, 08:01:50 am »
Jesus fucking Christ we've got some weird fans these days  :butt

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #766 on: July 24, 2021, 09:19:59 am »
Yeah fair point, it'll be interesting to see what we start with then, I doubt the like of Phillips will be kept around for the season just for the first few games. Part of me wonders if we'll just keep van Dijk away from starting games right up until the season starts to give him the max training time, then start him in the first game.

Provided Konate and Matip are fit (no laughing at the back), you’d imagine those two start. Virgil and Gomez should hopefully be fine for the bench by then if not ready to start, and then there’s Rhys. I think Phillips goes with a good offer and he’s earned himself a Premier League career

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: July 24, 2021, 09:21:39 am »
Provided Konate and Matip are fit (no laughing at the back), you’d imagine those two start. Virgil and Gomez should hopefully be fine for the bench by then if not ready to start, and then there’s Rhys. I think Phillips goes with a good offer and he’s earned himself a Premier League career
There's possibly Ben "Ben' Davies, though the current interruption to his training with the team won't help his chances of playing.

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #768 on: July 24, 2021, 10:21:10 am »
Will be interesting to see what the club do with the 5th centre back. Imagine they will let Davies go if they get a good offer but will they let Williams (on loan) and Phillips also go? That would leave Koumetio.
Maybe they will let Phillips go late in the window once Van Dijk and Gomez have proved their fitness.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #769 on: July 24, 2021, 10:52:35 am »
Will be interesting to see what the club do with the 5th centre back. Imagine they will let Davies go if they get a good offer but will they let Williams (on loan) and Phillips also go? That would leave Koumetio.
Maybe they will let Phillips go late in the window once Van Dijk and Gomez have proved their fitness.
I would much rather we kept Phillips over Rhys Williams. I’d be happy happy starting Phillips in the domestic cups and keeping Matip as fresh as he can be.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #770 on: July 24, 2021, 12:17:38 pm »

It's Manc run now
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #771 on: July 24, 2021, 03:47:20 pm »
Jesus fucking Christ we've got some weird fans these days  :butt

I think Kirk was attempting irony.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #772 on: July 24, 2021, 04:02:56 pm »
I think Kirk was attempting irony.

It's hard to tell these days but it wasn't necessarily that post that prompted mine.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: July 24, 2021, 06:31:36 pm »
When do the Brazilian lads (and I guess Hendo too) get back?

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #774 on: July 24, 2021, 06:49:09 pm »

Seems like journalism nowadays is just posting a bunch of non-entities tweets.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: July 24, 2021, 09:11:19 pm »
They're just doing what they all do now, which is go on social media for "expert fan opinion". Pandering to the FUT gold pack opening crowd.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #776 on: July 24, 2021, 09:13:13 pm »
Minamino's been shit, we need to get rid. Origi too. Gini's been anonymous so far he can go too. Salah's not scored think we're seeing the beginning of the end now. If we can barely beat Mainz I think we'll be lucky to stay up this year.
You jest, but I saw some of these exact comments on the stream I was watching yesterday.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #777 on: July 24, 2021, 10:29:32 pm »
You jest, but I saw some of these exact comments on the stream I was watching yesterday.

The chat box on those illegal steams brings out some of the most uneducated low IQ folks in the world. It’s quite mesmerizing. Explains why people won’t get vaccinated as well if you think about it.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #778 on: July 24, 2021, 10:33:04 pm »
It's Manc run now

It's Reach isn't it, aren't they London based? You can tell a Reach website a mile off, all look the same and have the same shit clickbait stories. If you can get past the pop-ups, I've given up.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: July 25, 2021, 12:42:04 am »
I blame fan media.  Any old chump with a voice is trumpeted to the skies now and the value of their job title is overblown.

Even if they have fuck all of any interest to say, or worse they're just skilled at hyperbole.
Nah this is a more general decay of journalism. Goes beyond football or sport. Pretty common for articles to be churned out on the basis of 3 tweets.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #780 on: July 25, 2021, 12:42:14 am »
I blame fan media.  Any old chump with a voice is trumpeted to the skies now and the value of their job title is overblown.

No need for any actual insight or sources or ability to put an interesting spin on things.  Just get yourself "seen" and you can steal a living indefinitely.

The Echo is the fucking epicentre of that shit.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #781 on: July 25, 2021, 12:44:04 am »
Nah this is a more general decay of journalism. Goes beyond football or sport. Pretty common for articles to be churned out on the basis of 3 tweets.
You're right.  Those things are entirely mutually exclusive.  Silly me.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: July 25, 2021, 03:10:14 am »

I just read Gini’s interview in the Guardian - about idiots on social media blaming him for our bad form last season, when the reality was he was busting a gut to make himself available to play - week in week out.

You see it on here of course too.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #783 on: July 25, 2021, 05:08:12 am »
I just read Gini’s interview in the Guardian - about idiots on social media blaming him for our bad form last season, when the reality was he was busting a gut to make himself available to play - week in week out.

It's absolutely true. I had writers cramp, but bust a gut to be available on here.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #784 on: July 25, 2021, 05:43:28 am »

It's clickbait, best ignored
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
« Reply #785 on: July 25, 2021, 05:16:22 pm »

The thing is that Gini never left because of "social media abuse" he left because LFC would not pay him Ł200k + a week!  It is disingenuous of him to say otherwise.

It does not look like we will be buying a  replacement for Gini, so it will be interesting to see if players Like Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliott will step-up to claim a regular first team spot.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #786 on: July 25, 2021, 06:04:17 pm »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #787 on: July 25, 2021, 06:06:32 pm »

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: July 25, 2021, 08:46:49 pm »
Will Milner win again this year?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #789 on: July 25, 2021, 08:52:33 pm »
as per google :-

A lactic acid test is most often used to diagnose lactic acidosis. The test may also be used to: Help find out if enough oxygen is reaching the body's tissues

Is this what they are checking for then? does it give a good indicator of level of fitness?

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #790 on: July 25, 2021, 09:01:20 pm »

A lactic acid test is most often used to diagnose lactic acidosis. The test may also be used to: Help find out if enough oxygen is reaching the body's tissues

Is this what they are checking for then? does it give a good indicator of level of fitness?

They're checking to see if James Milner still has bragging rights as the last man standing, which he has been throughout Klopp's tenure. Last pre-season, he did a celebratory lap after his last competitor dropped out. There may be a scientific basis to it, but I'm not sure that's what it's about. It's all about being King of the Hill.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #791 on: July 25, 2021, 09:40:54 pm »
Looks like the squad has left the hotel they were at. Have they gone somewhere else in Europe for a bit now before coming back for the Anfield friendlies?

Edit: Just seen a video where Jurgen says they have gone elsewhere in Austria.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 09:52:50 pm by redgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline jlb

• Anny Roader
« Reply #792 on: July 25, 2021, 10:25:44 pm »
Looks like the squad has left the hotel they were at. Have they gone somewhere else in Europe for a bit now before coming back for the Anfield friendlies?

Edit: Just seen a video where Jurgen says they have gone elsewhere in Austria.

They're at Innsbruck and will be playing Hertha Berlin there on Thursday.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: July 26, 2021, 11:16:01 am »

Yeah,

If a player is above a certain amount, they will then drop out of the drill, with James Milner typically the last man standing whenever the test is used at Liverpool.

“Once you surpass this threshold, lactic acid will start to build up in your muscles faster than your body can remove it, eventually leading to fatigue,” EKF Diagnostics continues.

“Testing and improving lactate threshold within a training program can be used to make stronger and faster athletes.”

In short, if the pace and intensity a player can manage with their lactate threshold is higher than their opponent, they will be able to last longer at the level required.

This is essential within Klopp’s system, which is not wholly centred around outrunning the opposition – and particularly not now, as their approach has evolved – but still demands the highest level of fitness possible.

Robertson was throwing up in his first test at the club and had to improve his fitness/endurance.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #794 on: July 26, 2021, 11:22:37 am »
Yeah,

Robertson was throwing up in his first test at the club and had to improve his fitness/endurance.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: July 26, 2021, 01:24:42 pm »
Van Dijk in contention for Thursday and Gomez is very close too according to Klopp

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #796 on: July 26, 2021, 01:29:24 pm »
I'm going to press the controversial button.

I think Neco Williams is maturing into a very decent footballer and that Klopp will be happy for him to play second fiddle to Trent again.

Beep-beep, beep-beep......
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #797 on: July 26, 2021, 01:38:09 pm »

I think Neco Williams is maturing into a very decent footballer and that Klopp will be happy for him to play second fiddle to Trent again.

Yes, but did he hurl before his lactate test?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: July 26, 2021, 03:48:55 pm »

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: July 26, 2021, 03:53:34 pm »

I think Klopp will be happy for him to be back-up as well, and I noticed that the various reports of Williams wanting to move on have dispersed into the ether.