Author Topic: Paris St Germain (A) - 28/11/18  (Read 71175 times)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Paris St Germain (A) - 28/11/18
« Reply #520 on: November 29, 2018, 08:37:26 pm »
Had a great time bar the match but that's just the usual at European aways! Saw the big tourist stuff, and made up how late all the bars stay open. Too many cities seem to close way too early in the week. Bars staying open till 5am on a Tuesday/Wednesday is great, wish it was the norm.

That Metro after the game was a disgrace though, not thought out at all, especially after we'd been kept in for 30+ minutes as usual and the trains stop at 12:30 with some of us needing to get 3 across the city. People could have easily got hurt, it was getting pretty tight towards the front and the divvy police/stewards had no intentions of using common sense and just opening the gate. So 2000 people are stuck trying to buy tickets from 3 machines and get through 4 turnstiles before the metro shuts.

Good trip all round though, loved the Van Dijk song going off so much in Boss (not sure about the Firmino one), but feeling it today
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #521 on: November 29, 2018, 10:06:37 pm »
Went in 301 first half, couldn't get up any higher, so stuck in middle. Moved to 302 second half, quite a few empty seats.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: November 29, 2018, 10:09:41 pm »
Was in 102. Was quite a few who didn't have a clue and were trying to sit in their actual seat and asking people to move.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #523 on: November 29, 2018, 10:39:53 pm »
Had a great time bar the match but that's just the usual at European aways! Saw the big tourist stuff, and made up how late all the bars stay open. Too many cities seem to close way too early in the week. Bars staying open till 5am on a Tuesday/Wednesday is great, wish it was the norm.

That Metro after the game was a disgrace though, not thought out at all, especially after we'd been kept in for 30+ minutes as usual and the trains stop at 12:30 with some of us needing to get 3 across the city. People could have easily got hurt, it was getting pretty tight towards the front and the divvy police/stewards had no intentions of using common sense and just opening the gate. So 2000 people are stuck trying to buy tickets from 3 machines and get through 4 turnstiles before the metro shuts.

Good trip all round though, loved the Van Dijk song going off so much in Boss (not sure about the Firmino one), but feeling it today

Cant be arsed skimming down your post mate but was it that Si Senor Bobby one ?

Fuckin tune that if it is.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #524 on: November 29, 2018, 10:48:25 pm »
Had a great time bar the result. Done plenty of tourist stuff and had a decent amount of ale.

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #525 on: November 30, 2018, 09:15:18 am »
Had a great time bar the result. Done plenty of tourist stuff and had a decent amount of ale.

Probably sums it up this. The game got in the way of a good trip again....
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: November 30, 2018, 10:09:46 am »
Anyone lose a jacket in the Boss night? P.m me if so.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #527 on: November 30, 2018, 10:55:42 am »
Loved every second of the trip, apart the game, although it was great atmosphere from their side, which made it enjoyable.  Sadly too many people in our end that don't give a damn about singing and supporting.

Seeing Mona Lisa on Thursday was one thing off the bucket list for sure, there was no queue outside Louvre and it's free entrance for under 26 year olds. So in and out of Louvre in about 20-25 mins  ;D

Online kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #528 on: November 30, 2018, 07:57:59 pm »
Has the Mona Lisa got any bigger? I was truly shocked first time I saw it, after what I could only describe as hype.

If you ever get chance Musee D'Orsay is great. The building alone...

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: November 30, 2018, 08:23:52 pm »
I think we lucked out after the game , walked into a bar just off grande boulevarde and it was €3.50 a pint. Shut at 2am tho.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #530 on: November 30, 2018, 09:58:26 pm »
I think we lucked out after the game , walked into a bar just off grande boulevarde and it was €3.50 a pint. Shut at 2am tho.

You’ve done well there we didn’t get a beer for less than double that the whole trip.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #531 on: December 1, 2018, 11:18:54 am »
Great trip.
Great city.
Rubbish footy.
Oddballs in our end.
Just hoping we have another game in Feb and it's a CL game.

P.s. There was touting on a ridiculous scale for that game. People were just there to be seen, and lots were in massive groups.
Nobody likes to acknowledge it, but it's our own fans doing this to us by selling these on. Nobody else.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #532 on: December 2, 2018, 12:52:48 pm »

Not bad at all.. we went to a bar on the other side of the price spectrum before the match.
3 double vodkas, 3 red bull & 2 pints... €121  :-\

Offline robertsb

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #533 on: December 12, 2018, 09:53:29 am »
Bit late, but we went to Lush Bar and, bar the result (obvs !) had a cracking night.  Amazed at the amount of French LFC fans there and was well worth the trip even without seeing the game.

Really hoping for Dortmund in last 16 for a number of reasons including I fancy a trip there as well  ;)

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #534 on: December 16, 2018, 07:30:37 pm »
Great trip.
Great city.
Rubbish footy.
Oddballs in our end.
Just hoping we have another game in Feb and it's a CL game.

P.s. There was touting on a ridiculous scale for that game. People were just there to be seen, and lots were in massive groups.
Nobody likes to acknowledge it, but it's our own fans doing this to us by selling these on. Nobody else.

We were just above and to the left after having to go in the home end (lots of tourists there to see Neymar so not too hostile)

Fuming at the empty seats in our end and the apparent lack of singing, strange
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'