Author Topic: CL Final 2018 - Kiev  (Read 170036 times)

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
Re: CL Final 2018 - Kiev
« Reply #200 on: May 3, 2018, 08:08:21 pm »
How about someone who does all always but not homes.  Been to 5 this year so not even in ballot.  I will be in Kiev though.  Sorry to annoy you.

Doesn't annoy me that much.  I'd just rather watch it in Town than in a tacky fan zone with you and a load of other geg ins.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #201 on: May 3, 2018, 08:16:46 pm »
CAMPING UPDATE as per my previous post below.

If you are interested (hell, even if you're not interested at all please help me out and other Reds who are planning on it) please send an email to contact@ukraine-kiev-tour.com registering your interest in camping. The location seems brilliant considering.

They need to reach 100 people interested before considering running it and the guy, who goes by the name of Pavel, tells me there are 25 interested so far. A quote from his email:

"Now I have 25 persons - if we collect 100 - I will send the e-mails to Kiev State Administration with request to open the tent camping.

They requierd at least 100 persons.

If you can help to collect more people - will be great as no accommodation is available in Kiev anymore like hotels and airbnb."

Come on Reds. I want to camp. ALL ROUND THE FIELDS OF TRUKHANIV ISLAND

Done.
Fucking robbing bastards, those flight prices are fucking scandalous,thinking of going by car.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2018, 08:18:49 pm by redprodigal »

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #202 on: May 3, 2018, 08:25:25 pm »
I've bagged an AirBnB apartment in Kiev - just need to find a way to get there and a  bag a ticket now  ;D
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
« Reply #203 on: May 3, 2018, 08:34:36 pm »
Being honest I don't know mate. He told me a couple of websites that he used but I don't know which one he got it off. I'll try and find out and let you know.

cheers mate

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #204 on: May 3, 2018, 08:35:25 pm »
Booked a flight there, but no return sorted yet. Will have to see. A day after the match will be chaos in airport innit. Just looked as well and bearly anything left out from Kiev in sunday.

Who cares, at least a flight to Kiev is sorted.

If we win it - you won't have to go far for the Super Cup

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_UEFA_Super_Cup

The 2018 UEFA Super Cup will be the 43rd edition of the UEFA Super Cup, an annual football match organised by UEFA and contested by the reigning champions of the two main European club competitions, the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League. The match will feature the winners of the 2017–18 UEFA Champions League and the 2017–18 UEFA Europa League. It will be played at the A. Le Coq Arena in Tallinn, Estonia, on 15 August 2018, and it will be the first European club final held in Estonia.[1]

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: May 3, 2018, 08:35:42 pm »
Yep. I qualify for the ballot (ST on auto cup scheme) but I cannot justify £1153 for a day trip.
Last night I was well up for it, but after sobering up this morning I can't justify spending that much on it either, fucking ridiculous these prices, and will only go up by the next week when we find out if we get tickets.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: May 3, 2018, 08:41:28 pm »
Anyone know what end we have got?

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: May 3, 2018, 08:42:12 pm »
My mate is having a look at getting a private chartered flight. He reckons that we will need atleast 40 people but we can get it cheaper than Thomas Cook and the others.

I'll keep everyone updated on this - this isn't guaranteed but if we can sort it I reckon people will jump at the chance to get something cheaper.

Would have up to six interested depending how lucky we are in the ballot.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #208 on: May 3, 2018, 08:45:28 pm »
If we win it - you won't have to go far for the Super Cup

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_UEFA_Super_Cup

The 2018 UEFA Super Cup will be the 43rd edition of the UEFA Super Cup, an annual football match organised by UEFA and contested by the reigning champions of the two main European club competitions, the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League. The match will feature the winners of the 2017–18 UEFA Champions League and the 2017–18 UEFA Europa League. It will be played at the A. Le Coq Arena in Tallinn, Estonia, on 15 August 2018, and it will be the first European club final held in Estonia.[1]

Imagine the allocation there!!

Pre requisites will be stubs from every European cup final with photo evidence you were there!!

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: May 3, 2018, 08:46:49 pm »
It’s somewhat ironic that the club’s official Thomas Cook option is actually turning out to be the best value.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #210 on: May 3, 2018, 08:51:18 pm »
Best way I can see about going from Liverpool is flying close-ish then renting a car or getting the train.

Found reasonable-ish flights to Gdansk, Poland. Went there in holiday last year and drove round Poland. The roads are fairly decent and there are plenty of good stops along the way.

There is a good timed flight late Friday night from John Lennon. Plenty of cheap accommodation in the city if you wanted but probably need to drive off straight away.

Still a decent drive but expense wise it’ll be a good shout. Could be in Kiev by 1pm Saturday with turns driving so everyone gets a decent sleep.

Between 4 people would be £200-250 each. And if you pulled the same trick on the way back you could save yourself accommodation.

This would prevent people drinking though which may be an issue. The train could be used for some if not but unsure on the quality of train travel in Poland and beyond.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: May 3, 2018, 08:52:37 pm »
Best way I can see about going from Liverpool is flying close-ish then renting a car or getting the train.

Found reasonable-ish flights to Gdansk, Poland. Went there in holiday last year and drove round Poland. The roads are fairly decent and there are plenty of good stops along the way.

There is a good timed flight late Friday night from John Lennon. Plenty of cheap accommodation in the city if you wanted but probably need to drive off straight away.

Still a decent drive but expense wise it’ll be a good shout. Could be in Kiev by 1pm Saturday with turns driving so everyone gets a decent sleep.

Between 4 people would be £200-250 each. And if you pulled the same trick on the way back you could save yourself accommodation.

This would prevent people drinking though which may be an issue. The train could be used for some if not but unsure on the quality of train travel in Poland and beyond.

You may struggle with hire car rules

EU to non EU - few mentioned it earlier in thread
« Last Edit: May 3, 2018, 08:58:57 pm by dudleyred »

Offline redmanraj

• Main Stander
« Reply #212 on: May 3, 2018, 09:00:18 pm »
Flights are still available from Brussels for £300 return, Brussels is an easy place to get to from the UK.
Outbound Friday, Return Sunday.

Overnight stay in Minsk on way back though but still not a bad route / price

Hope this helps someone

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #213 on: May 3, 2018, 09:01:50 pm »
You may struggle with hire car rules

EU to non EU - few mentioned it earlier in thread

Might be different for Ukraine only but through Auto Europe I previously driven cross EU to Non-EU in both Poland to Belarus and Croatia to Montenegro.

You can also fly Warsaw to Kiev at reasonable-ish if you can get from Gdańsk to Warsaw too.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: May 3, 2018, 09:04:04 pm »
Might be different for Ukraine only but through Auto Europe I previously driven cross EU to Non-EU in both Poland to Belarus and Croatia to Montenegro.

You can also fly Warsaw to Kiev at reasonable-ish if you can get from Gdańsk to Warsaw too.

Fair play not sure on the differences then but worth checking specific hire car company rules

I haven’t ruled out driving the lot yet but I’d only consider it with a ballot win!

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: May 3, 2018, 09:28:24 pm »
3 of us are arriving to Kiev on Thursday. I'm booking a Chernobyl day tour for the Friday. I can potentially sort a private tour for a bigger group of us, but would need 7+ people to make it work financially. If anyone is arriving Thursday and fancies a trip out to Chernobyl on the Friday, let me know ASAP and I'll sort a tour for a bigger group.

If anyone's staying later and wants to do it later, I recommend Lupine Travel who are based in Wigan, but have loads of experience organising tours and trips out to Chernobyl. I do some tour guiding for them on other tours, so I know them well enough to recommend them.

http://www.lupinetravel.co.uk/chernobyl-holidays-and-tours.html
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline redmanraj

• Main Stander
« Reply #216 on: May 3, 2018, 09:29:58 pm »
Fellow Reds who are struggling for accommodation get yourselves on TripAdvisor. Look at holiday rentals, if you put in your date of arrival and a stay of 6 nights it will bring up apartments that are available, anything less than 6 nights and it won't show anything. There are places available around the £1000 mark which accommodate 4/5 people so £200-£250 per person. Obviously, don't need to stay the full six nights, hope this helps someone.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: May 3, 2018, 09:38:41 pm »
Didn't know where to ask this - but Mods ... Are you against having a watching the game in Liverpool thread?

Offline Jon_YNWA82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #218 on: May 3, 2018, 09:39:28 pm »
My mate is having a look at getting a private chartered flight. He reckons that we will need atleast 40 people but we can get it cheaper than Thomas Cook and the others.

I'll keep everyone updated on this - this isn't guaranteed but if we can sort it I reckon people will jump at the chance to get something cheaper.

My mate and I will would be interested if this was to actually get going

Offline swedish_pete

• Kemlynite
« Reply #219 on: May 3, 2018, 09:41:50 pm »
Many going there without tickets? Think about a short trip over the weekend and watch the final in the city...

Going w/o ticket for the moment, will be on the lookout for ticket obviously, but am going for the atmosphere in the city on the day. Was in Basel and had a blast the entire day, defo worth it.

Bought flight tix at 5-0 last week, glad I didn’t jinx it. [emoji3]

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #220 on: May 3, 2018, 09:46:41 pm »
We're on the day trip with World Choice Sports. Crazy prices but just wanted it sorted out and can't get any time off work to go for any longer.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: May 3, 2018, 10:04:00 pm »
Taking the plunge with Thomas Cook when the bring new ones out.

Best routes we can find involve TWO 15 hour trains from Krakow. No thanks.

What a fucking nightmare.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #222 on: May 3, 2018, 10:07:30 pm »
My mate and I will would be interested if this was to actually get going
It's not. He said later on. Not enough time to organise it
We are a team of one half.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: May 3, 2018, 10:19:04 pm »
After a day of searching I am going to resist the temptation to book before the result of the ballot.  As others have said it is ridiculous money and the thought of paying that to be stuck in a crappy fanzone isn’t worth risking.  What the fuck UEFA were smoking when they dreamt this one up beggars belief.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #224 on: May 3, 2018, 10:27:49 pm »
Six of us booked Liverpool to Warsaw Thursday 7am returning Monday 10pm at the start of March for £75. Initially said we’d just have a weekend in Poland if we didn’t make it. Booked the Thursday night  sleeper train down to Kiev after city and said we’d book the way back once we knew we were there. Sleeper train back now sold out so we’ve had to book flights back to Warsaw on Monday morning for a fair bit more. Looking at what others are facing, made up we were brave.
Long live the King

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: May 3, 2018, 10:28:37 pm »
Makes me wonder whether any of the 25000 tickets that didn’t go on public sale will become available given the travel problems.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: May 3, 2018, 10:34:17 pm »
Makes me wonder whether any of the 25000 tickets that didn’t go on public sale will become available given the travel problems.

Sure there will be some but given people want a premium suspect they’ll be about £1k :o

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: May 3, 2018, 10:34:44 pm »
Gonna register tomorrow, when does the actual ballot take place? Do you get an email to say you've got a ticket or what like?
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: May 3, 2018, 10:36:40 pm »
Gonna register tomorrow, when does the actual ballot take place? Do you get an email to say you've got a ticket or what like?

Happens between tues andThursday and last time we got emails yes. We hear week tomorrow I believe

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: May 3, 2018, 10:38:04 pm »

Probably Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Istanbul Boy

• Main Stander
« Reply #230 on: May 3, 2018, 10:43:22 pm »
From the official selling notice by the club

Supporters MUST provide the following information for EACH INDIVIDUAL SUPPORTER ATTENDING.  If someone else is travelling using your season ticket, Members Card or Fan Card, their details must be provided when making the booking.

Does this mean that if you get a ticket through the ballot and can't go yourself, you can book it in another person's name?

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: May 3, 2018, 10:46:38 pm »

Supporters MUST provide the following information for EACH INDIVIDUAL SUPPORTER ATTENDING.  If someone else is travelling using your season ticket, Members Card or Fan Card, their details must be provided when making the booking.

Does this mean that if you get a ticket through the ballot and can't go yourself, you can book it in another person's name?

Looks like, can't think what else it would mean.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #232 on: May 3, 2018, 11:03:12 pm »

My understanding is that the ticket can't be transferred after it is bought,
"details must be provided when making the booking"
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline claresy2005

• Anny Roader
« Reply #233 on: May 3, 2018, 11:05:58 pm »
I have 2 single flights krakow to Liverpool on the Monday night if any use to anyone , not using them anymore as on a day trip instead. £180 in total for the two, face value, ONO. I believe the name change fee for Ryanair is about £100 per person per flight. Appreciate it’s expensive but thought I’d offer Incase any use to anyone (and very slightly cheaper than if you buy direct with Ryanair now -£230 each)

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: May 3, 2018, 11:13:15 pm »
I booked an air bnb this morning for 3 nights (Thurs, Fri, Sat) but now after adding up prices for our flights and that think i'm going to do a day trip when they add more of them. Is there no way to transfer this booking to someone else who wanted it? As the cancellation fee is 50%

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #235 on: May 3, 2018, 11:19:34 pm »
I booked an air bnb this morning for 3 nights (Thurs, Fri, Sat) but now after adding up prices for our flights and that think i'm going to do a day trip when they add more of them. Is there no way to transfer this booking to someone else who wanted it? As the cancellation fee is 50%

Try messaging the host and asking if they can make an exception. Chances are they will fill it again anyway.

I've gotten 100% refunds on ' strict cancellation' policies before with Airbnb.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: May 3, 2018, 11:27:06 pm »
Just had a look at going to Ankara in turkey on the weds until the following Tuesday , the six night break Inc hotel and flight from manchester can be done for £255 and direct Ankara to Kiev on late Friday return Ankara sunday evening is £149 . The outbound flights a bit of a pain but a few days of sun in turkey beforehand would be nice

Offline Fredde87

• Main Stander
  • Sami
« Reply #237 on: May 3, 2018, 11:35:26 pm »
Tickets will have the name of the person who originally bought it.  On the basis that they check ID on entry, it would be along way to go and very expensive to get turned away at the ground.

Does anyone know if this is correct? I know they print the names on tickets but will they actually check ID's? Has anyone been to a final recently? Did they check ID's in Basel?

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
« Reply #238 on: May 3, 2018, 11:45:32 pm »
Does anyone know if this is correct? I know they print the names on tickets but will they actually check ID's? Has anyone been to a final recently? Did they check ID's in Basel?
dont think this happens - certainly didnt in basle

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: May 4, 2018, 12:14:31 am »
Had Kiev apartment booked on booking.com several months ago for £41.  Now the property is trying to cancel claiming they have double-booked, whereas it's pretty obvious they are just robbing bastards who realise they can now charge 20 times that.  Looks like we'll be spending the night at the airport now.