Author Topic: Spartak Moscow  (Read 65388 times)

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Re: Spartak Moscow
« Reply #200 on: September 14, 2017, 11:43:37 am »
Received passport back today with visa in it.  Manchester office had said it would be 14th or 15th, so  delivered on time.

you also have to give the receipt to the courier. So make a copy of it now, to claim back the cost later.

Courier didn't ask for receipt. Just had to sign on machine.
Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: September 14, 2017, 12:52:57 pm »
Courier didn't ask for receipt. Just had to sign on machine.

Yes, he didn't ask for mine. It was the girl in the visa office who told me I needed to hand back.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #202 on: September 14, 2017, 01:46:04 pm »
This will be interesting. Just hope that we dont have to suffer for that regarding empty stands or something similar for our away game. Clearly most of them lot are only looking for trouble.

Wouldnt that be brilliant!
But IF that would happen I would hope that the club paid for everyones travel expenses. I know that its not there fault, but surly paying a few flights, visa and hotels is a better way of spending there money that paying Lovren!?

Offline Max999

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #203 on: September 15, 2017, 08:23:10 am »
Anyone else only got the option to collect?

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #204 on: September 15, 2017, 08:23:21 am »
Tickets sorted!

Everything but the life insurance done now I think

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: September 15, 2017, 08:24:14 am »

I saw two: Post and Collection from Anfield.

Offline Pendzo

• Kopite
« Reply #206 on: September 15, 2017, 08:26:09 am »

I only saw collection as well

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #207 on: September 15, 2017, 08:28:32 am »
Theres a click down box for post option.  Had to update a few times as it kept giving me post on one ticket and collect on other two.  Eventually got all three to the post option.

Offline JohnRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #208 on: September 15, 2017, 08:31:57 am »
Only giving me option to collect from TO  :no  :butt

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: September 15, 2017, 08:33:28 am »
Sorted our 2. Pretty straight forward that.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #210 on: September 15, 2017, 08:34:47 am »
Still need to purchase my tickets - forgot about the sale this morning  ;D

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: September 15, 2017, 08:38:48 am »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/09/14/liverpool-contact-uefa-spartak-moscow-sanctions-fans-begin-make/

A joke confirming whether or not only 5 days before the game - I think it will be fine as it happened at an away game.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2159877.html

But this happened in past

Offline Colm305

• Main Stander
« Reply #212 on: September 15, 2017, 08:43:49 am »
Opted to collect but will more than likely end up picking it up in Moscow. It's a shame that they won't be ready tomorrow.

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #213 on: September 15, 2017, 09:02:57 am »
Opted to collect but will more than likely end up picking it up in Moscow. It's a shame that they won't be ready tomorrow.

we only had option to collect. Do we need to tell the club we won't be collecting from Anfield and rather collect in Moscow?
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."
Rafa Benitez

Offline so kop end lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: September 15, 2017, 09:55:59 am »
The drop down box is above the ticket selection. I missed it at first.

All sorted now to buy some roubles

Offline Colm305

• Main Stander
« Reply #215 on: September 15, 2017, 10:29:35 am »
we only had option to collect. Do we need to tell the club we won't be collecting from Anfield and rather collect in Moscow?

I phoned them during the week and they said that they would be in touch after the tickets are purchased to let us know where to collect in Moscow. She did day to opt for collection at Anfield. If I don't hear from them on Monday I'll be phoning them again

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #216 on: September 15, 2017, 11:16:17 am »
Didn't see drop down box - seemed like only had option to collect . Given previous hassles probably be safer to do that anyway . Visa arrived today as well so all set to go . 

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: September 15, 2017, 01:09:53 pm »
The fullfillment method above the ticket selection didn't show in FF but does in Chrome
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #218 on: September 15, 2017, 04:44:34 pm »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/09/14/liverpool-contact-uefa-spartak-moscow-sanctions-fans-begin-make/

A joke confirming whether or not only 5 days before the game - I think it will be fine as it happened at an away game.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2159877.html

But this happened in past

Anyone know if that's something that you could claim back all experience on a travel insurance?

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #219 on: September 15, 2017, 04:53:59 pm »
The club have now released information sheet for supporters:

Advice for Liverpool Football Club Supporters, Spartak Moscow v Liverpool FC

Liverpool Football Club appreciates the dedication and loyalty of our travelling fans.

Below are general travel advice and information which you may find helpful when planning your trip:
1)  The Russian authorities are aware of the fact that LFC and Man united are in Moscow at the same time, albeit overlapping by 24 hours.
You can expect there to be a visible police presence wherever groups of LFC and Man United fans congregate, including at your accommodation.
2)  The Russian authorities have advised that the easiest, safest and most efficient way to travel around Moscow, is to use the metro system.
The traffic can be very unpredictable and may seriously impact on delays for getting to the stadium.
3)  They therefore strongly advise our fans to use the advised travel methods. The Metro system is safe with very few isolated incidents of football related disruption.
4)  The cost of using the Metro system is 32 Rubles (Approximately 50p) for a one way ticket
5)  The station name is (Спартак) Spartak and line 7 will take you directly to the stadium. Over ground public transport does not go to the stadium.
6)  To travel on the underground or Metro system, a ticket or travel card must be purchased from a ticket machine/office found in any station foyer.
7)  The following options are available:

In Metro ticket offices you can buy Unified (Yediniy) and 90 Minute tickets of any amount, and you can buy and top-up your Troika card.

At Metro ticket machines you can buy Unified tickets for 1 and 2 rides and top-up your Troika card.

At automated Mosgortrans ticket offices you can buy Unified, 90 Minute, and TAT tickets of any amount, and also buy and top-up your Troika card. These are the grey-colored kiosks with the words “proyezdnye bilety” (in Russian, Проездные билеты) written in blue above the ticket window which can be found near surface transport stops all over the city. You can find the automated kiosk closest to you at http://www.mosgortrans.ru

At non-automated Mosgortrans ticket offices you can buy 90 Minute tickets for 1 and 2 rides and TAT tickets for 1, 2, 5, 11, 20, and 60 rides. These look the same as the automated versions described above but have not yet been updated with ticket vending machines.

From surface transport drivers you can buy TAT tickets for 4 and 40 rides and 90 Minute tickets for 1 and 2 rides. 

8 )  Kick-off is at 21:45 local time, so turnstiles will open at 19:45 hours (2 hours before kick-off)
9)  There are very few facilities around the stadium,as the stadium is built on a disused airfield.
10)Ticket check and searching will be in operation and fans are asked to arrive at the stadium in good time.  We have been informed that the Russian authorities will not take coins, belts and other items off you on entry.
11)  Please do NOT bring bags to the stadium.
12)  The seating location for Liverpool FC supporters located in the upper section of the South East corner of the stadium, blocks D224 –D225
13)  Access to the stadium is by electronic bar coded ticket.
14)  The usual list of banned items, includes Glass, bottles, cans and Pyros. The Russian police have a advised that the use of pyros is a criminal offence.  Fans using Pyros inside the stadium will be arrested and fined.
15)  Food and drink is NOT permitted to be brought into the stadium.
16)  The food and drink concessions in the stadium will only accept CASH.
17)  There is usually a ‘HOLD BACK’ planned at the end of the game,we are told that this is usually about 20 minutes, but in discussions with our colleagues from other English football clubs, this is likely to be more like 40 - 50 minutes
18)  The Metro normally runs until 01:00, but there will be an extended service put on for the match and it will be running at the end of the game from the station until all of the fans have left the stadium.  The Metro system will give access to all areas of the city.
19)  Popular Taxi Apps such as Uber and Yandex are available in Moscow. However, official looking taxis can be unlicensed. Don’t share a taxi with strangers or flag down what may appear to be an official taxi.
20)  Police dress code will be ‘Riot Gear’ and Military Fatigues. This is the usual dress code for Russian Police deployed to football. There will also be approximately 100 plain clothes officers deployed around the stadium.
21)  The main piece of advice from the British Embassy is do not lose your passport whilst you are in Russia.  If you lose your passport, you will have to obtain a replacement from the Embassy which can only be issued during the working day. You will also need to obtain a replacement visa
– the British Embassy will advise on the process, but it will take time.
22)  Attending the game in Moscow is like attending any other football match in a large capital city. Moscow is relatively safe, but the usual advice when travelling about being alert to suspicious behaviour and suspicious packages still apply.  Make sure that your visa is valid for the entire length of your stay. The Embassy has had to deal with cases where fans have got their visa only until the night of the match, Overstaying your visa can result in a delayed departure, as well as possible fines and court hearings.

Emergency telephone numbers
The emergency service telephone numbers are as follows;
The national emergency number is 101
Police 102
Fire/Ambulance 103

British Consulate details:
There will be a team from the British Embassy supporting the LFC delegation on the night. They will be operating around the main entry points of the stadium and they are all Russian speakers.  If you need to contact the British Embassy during your time in Moscow:
British Embassy, Moscow Smolenskaya Naberezhnaya 10121099 Moscow  Russia
Telephone number: + 7 495 956 7200 (also for out of hours emergencies)
Office hours: Monday to Friday 09:00 –17:00
Contact details are as follows:
Tom Regan British consul, British consulate Section, Smolenskaya Naberezhnnaya, 10 Moscow 121099
e-mail: thomas.regan2@fco.gov.uk
Tel: +7 495 956 7321
Mob: +7 916 390 1868

Advice from Merseyside Police:
A team of Merseyside Police Officers will be operationally deployed overseas for the Spartak Moscow v Liverpool FC football match being played in Moscow on Tuesday 26thSeptember2017. The officers are thereat the invitation of the Russian Police and have no powers whilst deployed.  The primary function of the team is to advise the local police service and gather and disseminate information.
If you have any issues whilst you are at this match that you feel need bringing to the attention of the delegation, please telephone +44 151 709 6010 (Merseyside Police Switch Board) and ask the call taker to email Constable 8070 Lee Lomax (Football Officer). Constable Lomax has access to his emails and will return your call.

Advice from the British Embassy:
The majority of British nationals who come to Russia every year have a safe and enjoyable time.
The Embassy will publish further guidance for Liverpool fans coming to Moscow. In the meantime, sign up for e-mail alerts on the following link:  https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/russia
And don’t lose your passport! Come on Liverpool!

Further information
The centre of Moscow has lots of bars and restaurants, many of whom will have English speaking staff. Typically, younger Russians are more likely to be fluent in English.

Red Square is a popular destination for fans, with many restaurants along the side streets. The “Old Arbat” is a pedestrian street that sells souvenirs, and has some familiar brands. The “New Arbat” is a popular street with shops, bars, and restaurants.  www.visitrussia.org.uk General tourist information www.lonelyplanet.com/russia/moscow

Supporter liaison Officer
To assist those supporters who are attending away matches both domestically and in Europe, a dedicated fan support telephone number and
email address has been introduced which is available for travelling  fans attending away fixtures (this line of communication is for urgent
matters relating to the game only).  This line / email will be made available two hours before kick-off and will be open until one hour
after final whistle.  Outside of these times there will be a recorded message facility available for travelling fans to record any issues with regard to the game. The telephone number is 0151 230 5770 (From abroad +44 151 230 5770) and the email address is slo@liverpoolfc.com.  For data protection purposes please include your full name, membership number and D.O.B.
For more information follow this link http://www.liverpoolfc.com/fans/lfc-supporter-liaison-officer-home/about-the-supporters-liaison-officer

On behalf of the Club we hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip to Moscow.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: September 15, 2017, 07:11:07 pm »
Got home from work to find the visas on the table  8) Just need some rubles now then all set!

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: September 16, 2017, 07:59:37 am »
Has there ever been a time when the home support is denied entrance and only the away fans are allowed in? I think I remember something similar happening, but can't exactly remember when and where... Is it possible this might happen if they will let us know 5 days beforehand?

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: September 16, 2017, 09:52:30 am »
Anyone know where you find the Tracking Number to use to track your Visa application? Can't work out what the reference number is?

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #223 on: September 16, 2017, 05:52:55 pm »
Anyone know where you find the Tracking Number to use to track your Visa application? Can't work out what the reference number is?

It's on the receipt and will begin with the date you handed it in.

Offline matchoftheday

• Kopite
  • Dog
« Reply #224 on: September 16, 2017, 11:00:34 pm »
Tickets sorted!

Everything but the life insurance done now I think

Good point - better check my life insurance

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #225 on: September 17, 2017, 09:37:39 am »
Good point - better check my life insurance
will updated and funeral plan in place 😊

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: September 17, 2017, 10:16:23 am »
It's on the receipt and will begin with the date you handed it in.

Ta - didn't realise you had to stick the entire thing in - RUMAN/xxxxxxxxx/xxxxx/xxx for anyone else if it helps.

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
« Reply #227 on: September 18, 2017, 01:27:49 pm »
I chose the pick up from Anfield option - will it be possible to switch it to pick up in Moscow? I'll try ticket office but they never fill me with confidence

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: September 18, 2017, 01:32:16 pm »
Has there ever been a time when the home support is denied entrance and only the away fans are allowed in? I think I remember something similar happening, but can't exactly remember when and where... Is it possible this might happen if they will let us know 5 days beforehand?

When Manchester City played away at CSKA Moscow on 21st October 2014 home fans were supposed to be banned because of incidents at Moscow's group game at Roma (17th September 2014). A match-report I have just read described the 18,000 capacity Khimki Arena as being "near-empty". I don't know how many City fans travelled but I suspect that UEFA gave CSKA more than five days notice of their intention to effectively close the ground for the City match.

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: September 18, 2017, 01:33:17 pm »
Have they said yet what is happening with collecting tickets over there? Can't find any reference to it on the website.

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: September 18, 2017, 04:35:51 pm »

Online kemlyn1629

• Main Stander
« Reply #231 on: September 18, 2017, 09:17:23 pm »
If someone else goes to collect your ticket from Anfield, what do they need to take? Your ID/credit card and their ID?

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: September 18, 2017, 09:29:38 pm »
If someone else goes to collect your ticket from Anfield, what do they need to take? Your ID/credit card and their ID?
Normally it's their ID, confirmation email and a letter of authorisation from you giving them permission

Online kemlyn1629

• Main Stander
« Reply #233 on: September 18, 2017, 09:38:23 pm »
Normally it's their ID, confirmation email and a letter of authorisation from you giving them permission

Thanks!

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: September 19, 2017, 05:57:16 pm »
Got my Passport back today with my VISA printed page stuck in. Been worried about that all week. Guess there's not much to worry about but such tight timescales.

Just need my match ticket delivered now and all set - should be here tomorrow I reckon.

Then keeping my head down and a low profile next week!

Sounds like no travel option to/from the ground arranged by the club other than Metro. Looks like we will be held back then hopefully walked to the Metro and then direct to wherever we're all going. Hopefully safely back to hotel.

Really hope so. Always wanted to visit Moscow and don't want any trouble. My main concern that is.

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: September 19, 2017, 06:31:11 pm »
Moscow is great! The metro is worth the trip on its own!

Offline Dhlfc92

• Main Stander
« Reply #236 on: September 19, 2017, 08:18:10 pm »
Anyone flying back to Birmingham on the Wednesday getting in around half 9  in the night and driving back to Liverpool? After a lift can throw in petrol ta.

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #237 on: September 20, 2017, 03:13:17 am »
Moscow is great! The metro is worth the trip on its own!

Yes, some quite impressive metro stations - particularly ones inside the circular line.

Sounds like no travel option to/from the ground arranged by the club other than Metro. Looks like we will be held back then hopefully walked to the Metro and then direct to wherever we're all going. Hopefully safely back to hotel.

Really hope so. Always wanted to visit Moscow and don't want any trouble. My main concern that is.

You'll be fine - just take care and be sensible.  Put money, phone, etc in an inner pocket/safe place when you're out and about.  When we were in Moscow for the anzi game, I was just about to go through a metro turnstile during the afternoon, when a guy runs up immediately behind me and puts his hands in both my jacket pockets - this was whilst I was swipping metro ticket.  Quick as a flash he had gone.  Fortunately I had absolutely nothing in my pockets.  If I'd put my phone in there, as I sometimes do at home, it would have been taken. 

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: September 20, 2017, 10:26:14 am »
ticket arrived today

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #239 on: September 20, 2017, 10:27:04 am »