Author Topic: Spartak Moscow  (Read 65384 times)

Offline Max999

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Spartak Moscow
« on: August 25, 2017, 01:00:25 pm »
Booked on for this.

Anyone been to Russia before, how long does a Visa take to sort? Seen SOS on Twitter saying they're in talks with the club about tickets counting as Visa so don't want to pay for a Visa and then not need one.

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spartak Moscow
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 02:44:53 pm »
Booked on for this.

Anyone been to Russia before, how long does a Visa take to sort? Seen SOS on Twitter saying they're in talks with the club about tickets counting as Visa so don't want to pay for a Visa and then not need one.
I'm leaving it for a week at least see if anything comes of the talks. They should come to a pretty quick conclusion seeing as though united are playing there the same week. Think they take 5 working days normally

Offline away.days

• .numbered
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 04:50:49 pm »
Chances of this going to all members? If we have a collection in Moscow + visa fee it might drop yea?

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 10:57:33 am »
Chances of this going to all members? If we have a collection in Moscow + visa fee it might drop yea?

Yeah Im pretty sure anyone that wants a ticket will get one.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 11:19:54 am »
I'm leaving it for a week at least see if anything comes of the talks. They should come to a pretty quick conclusion seeing as though united are playing there the same week. Think they take 5 working days normally

Doing likewise, would rather not go through that ball ache & expense if possible.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 11:37:23 am »
Serious question.

How safe is this trip likely to be?

Where are the dangers here and how can they be avoided?

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 01:10:31 pm »
Serious question.

How safe is this trip likely to be?

Where are the dangers here and how can they be avoided?
Avoid the police, the robbing bastards.

I went to watch us versus Spartak in 2002.    Great trip, but be streetwise.

No pick pockets or any of that shite, but the police were the ones to watch out for, especially at night, when less people were around.

We found out that the average copper was on wages of about $6 USD a month, so anything they could squeeze out of unsuspecting tourists was a bonus to them.

They would use their cop cars as taxi's, on the sly,  and ferry you around for a few dollars. etc.    And a few lads on our trip were rolled by the coppers.

For us, we were walking around looking for somewhere to find a drink, at about 1.00 in the morning, when a cop car pulled up, and two coppers lined us up against a wall( 6 of us) and tried to squeeze us for some cash.

Where do you run to when there's two coppers with Kalashnikov's rolling you?

It was ok. We had it sussed earlier in the week, as we all kept the majority of our cash down our socks, only having a token amount of money in our kecks pockets.

After a bout five minutes of us crying poverty, and turning out our pockets, they realised we weren't getting rolled, and they weren't getting anything from us, so let us go.

Don't know how much it's changed in the last 15 years, but it's a great Euro trip to tick off the bucket list.

Not cheap to get to, because of the distance etc. But worth the trip if you can afford it.

Again. Don't know how much the local hooligan situation is these days, and being an English team, we might well be targeted etc.

Watch out for any advice from LFC or Merseyside police, ahead of the fixture.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 01:12:05 pm by Bigly Red Richie »

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 10:37:37 pm »
Visa's easier now, you can go to Manchester not just old street or Edinburgh, take a week and not cheap. Been a few times and it's not the most straightforward of gaffs, deffo keep your head together on match day
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 11:36:16 pm »
Went to the Anzhi game in Moscow in 2012 - didn't have any hassle in the city but a lot of security around the stadium . There was a pretty small crowd as it wasn't a Moscow team playing so I expect it will be very different this time.   Probably most vulnerable place  would be the metro after the match - would need to  keep your wits about you.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2017, 11:02:14 am »
Also to take into consideration, is the fact that Liverpool play in Moscow on the 26th September, and Man United play in Moscow 24 hours later on the 27th.

With us there, Man U there, and the two Moscow teams, plus any hoolies who want to have a general pop at any English fans, ahead of the coming world cup, it could turn out to be a tasty few days in and around Moscow, late September.

Offline SKITTLE

• Legacy Fan
  • One of the "older" brigade.
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2017, 08:40:00 pm »
I did the game in 2002 as well. The bizzies seemed to spend their time playing 'spot the tourist'. Three stewards I knew had their accreditation passes on them with info written in English and Russian. They haggled the bizzies down fron $300 to $100. Couple more lads in our party had $360 taken off them but were given a lift back to the hotel, nice touch.
Was really looking forward to that game but was very disappointed with Moscow. Over hyped, too westernised and heavy on prices. God knows what it's like now. Our visas were £40 then. Looks boss in the passport though.
Been there,done that,getting older,bordering on part timer status. So sad but that's life.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 01:45:16 pm »
Man united will cover the cost of the visa to all their fans travelling to moscow

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4836396/Man-United-cover-visa-costs-fans-Moscow-trip.html

Sorry for the link to mail.

Offline Max999

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2017, 02:06:55 pm »
Man united will cover the cost of the visa to all their fans travelling to moscow

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4836396/Man-United-cover-visa-costs-fans-Moscow-trip.html

Good. Let's hope LFC do the same.

Looks like tickets definitely won't be visas though in that case, so will start the application process.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2017, 02:31:19 pm »

I wonder if its only UK based fans?

Offline mbohan

• Kemlynite
  • Mellor, lovely cushioned header, for Gerrrrrrrrard
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2017, 04:50:36 pm »
Link from Man Utd Supporters Trust so you don't have to click on the daily hate mail link: http://action.joinmust.org/index.php/blog/entry/427/

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2017, 11:40:26 pm »
Would be nice if our club could do that for us £118 on top of flight & hotel anybody listening 😎👍

Offline Oh Yes BisCAN

• Kopite
  • Where Kenny played...
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2017, 10:24:06 am »
Issue is less the cost of the visa, but that I am running out of holiday at work to go to the embassy! 
"Has everybody heard... the bird is the word?" @rabbitrabbiton

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2017, 06:29:52 pm »
Booked the flights.

Tomorrow will sort the visa hopefully.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2017, 09:08:57 pm »
Hostel booked for the 3 of us, just 28€ for the group :O

0,6km from the red square.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2017, 09:38:02 pm »
Know about 20 going to Seville, but no one wants to go to this. My mates are c*nts and boring. I'm gonna go on my own and wear a Zenit shirt!

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2017, 09:58:57 pm »
Me and my brother have booked on this. Will start visa applications tomorrow, hopefully the club will replicate what the mancs have done and help us out abit!

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #21 on: September 1, 2017, 08:18:16 am »
Hostel booked for the 3 of us, just 28€ for the group :O

0,6km from the red square.
:o

Offline Colm305

• Main Stander
« Reply #22 on: September 1, 2017, 08:48:26 am »
I would have expected some news on ticket allocation and visa arrangements at this stage with the game a little over 3 weeks away.I'm going to decide over the weekend whether to make the trip or not.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 1, 2017, 09:03:54 am »
I would have expected some news on ticket allocation and visa arrangements at this stage with the game a little over 3 weeks away.I'm going to decide over the weekend whether to make the trip or not.

Yes, the mancs play the night after us and they already know their allocation, ticket purchase process and been told their visas will be paid for.
We have been told fuck all.

Offline Colm305

• Main Stander
« Reply #24 on: September 1, 2017, 09:55:19 am »
Yes, the mancs play the night after us and they already know their allocation, ticket purchase process and been told their visas will be paid for.

Fingers crossed we will hear something later today but not holding my breath!

I'm lucky in that the Russia Embassy in Dublin is only around the corner so can get the visa sorted in a few days.

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 1, 2017, 11:25:02 am »

Spartak pretty much sold out on the first day their tickets went on sale (25 August). Huge interest in this and they're much better supported than CSKA.

Spartak's stadium is 1.5 times bigger than CSKA's (45k v 30k)*. I reckon that LFC should get ~1,700 regular tickets & ~300 Cat 1s. The regular ones are a bit more expensive than CSKA's, so should be around 26-29 quid. Cat 1s could end up significantly dearer - around 70-80 quid each.

*the grounds are 4 miles apart
« Last Edit: September 1, 2017, 11:26:35 am by Pata »

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 1, 2017, 11:52:21 am »
Spartak pretty much sold out on the first day their tickets went on sale (25 August). Huge interest in this and they're much better supported than CSKA.

Spartak's stadium is 1.5 times bigger than CSKA's (45k v 30k)*. I reckon that LFC should get ~1,700 regular tickets & ~300 Cat 1s. The regular ones are a bit more expensive than CSKA's, so should be around 26-29 quid. Cat 1s could end up significantly dearer - around 70-80 quid each.

*the grounds are 4 miles apart
Are they going to be shithouse c*nts and attack people for no reason?

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: September 1, 2017, 12:37:56 pm »
Are they going to be shithouse c*nts and attack people for no reason?
I don't believe so. The LFC/United visit will be under a lot of scrutiny.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 1, 2017, 12:57:13 pm »
I don't believe so. The LFC/United visit will be under a lot of scrutiny.
Is that because of the World Cup approaching? I trust what you say with your inside knowledge, but won't be holding my breath

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #29 on: September 1, 2017, 02:59:36 pm »
Any suggestions about the best way of getting the tourist voucher/confirmation stuff for the visa?

Can see that there are online travel agents - fortuna travel and others - offering online invitation letter,  voucher & confirmation all for £8.99.  Anyone used these?  Or is it best to try and go through a hotel booking?
Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Offline Colm305

• Main Stander
« Reply #30 on: September 1, 2017, 03:25:04 pm »
Any suggestions about the best way of getting the tourist voucher/confirmation stuff for the visa?

Can see that there are online travel agents - fortuna travel and others - offering online invitation letter,  voucher & confirmation all for £8.99.  Anyone used these?  Or is it best to try and go through a hotel booking?

When I travelled to Kazan I made the hotel booking through booking.com.I then emailed the hotel to request the invitation letter and it was sent onto me in a couple of hours.
Others might have used the travel agent route and would be in a better position to advise you.Its the cost of the visa that's the problem especially when ordering the fast track one. Getting it is very easy

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #31 on: September 1, 2017, 03:28:54 pm »
Thanks for that suggestion.  I'll try hotel first then.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: September 1, 2017, 03:35:30 pm »
Thanks for that suggestion.  I'll try hotel first then.

Try hotel first. I have already got ours. But some will try and charge you.

If they do and it's a lot, then use http://realrussia.co.uk/Visas/Russian/Invitations
It's £15.

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #33 on: September 1, 2017, 04:00:04 pm »

Can see that there are online travel agents - fortuna travel and others - offering online invitation letter,  voucher & confirmation all for £8.99. 
Anyone used these?  Or is it best to try and go through a hotel booking?
for Kazan I got one through a travel agency and had no problems  - this time I've got one through our hotel although they did charge for it - I don't think it matters as long as the details correspond to what you put on the visa application 
« Last Edit: September 1, 2017, 04:06:17 pm by jdirckze »

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: September 1, 2017, 04:27:29 pm »
Yes sorted our 4 out through the hotel,flights done,hotel done,vouchers done,just waiting for our lot to pull their fingers out now,game 3 weeks next Tuesday,no announcement on tickets, visas, nothing :no :no

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #35 on: September 1, 2017, 04:57:14 pm »
Thanks for all the advice.

Hotel has emailed me back and, yes, they will do invitation/voucher/confirmation for free.

Interestingly though, they insist on taking credit card details as there's a 2500 ruble charge per person (approx £33) to the card in the event that we cancel hotel booking or no show.  I guess this is to deter people from making a room booking, getting the invitation voucher, and then cancelling the booking to stay somewhere else.  Mention this just in case anyone was considering this as an option. 

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #36 on: September 1, 2017, 05:11:59 pm »
All supporters who attend our fixture away to Spartak Moscow will have their visa costs reimbursed by the club. (@LFC)

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #38 on: September 1, 2017, 05:14:27 pm »
Just been forwarded a James Pearce tweet that Peter Moore saying LFC will cover fans visa costs for Spartak.

Offline Max999

• Anny Roader
« Reply #39 on: September 1, 2017, 05:17:01 pm »
Good news, also confirmation in there that we have been allocated 2,200 tickets - although still no news on sale dates.