Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Cpt)
« Last post by Kopenhagen on Today at 12:03:30 am »
Great player. Not captain material.

Some proper shite posted on here tonight.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: PL: Eve 2 vs 0 Liverpool Bran 27’ Lewin 58’
« Last post by Jake on Today at 12:03:25 am »
Abu Ghrabi has done that way more than what you’ve suggested.

I'm a bit confused mate maybe I'm not following.

I said that 115 charges city and VAR are the things that have tired him out. I think he knows that the game is rigged and he doesn't want to play any more.
Rush, Fowler and Owen came through at Liverpool.

We signed Torres and Sturridge at the kind of age Nunez is now.

And they both hit the ground running.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Sharado on Today at 12:02:57 am »
The thing is, and we've already seen it with Henderson, mane, fabinho and more recently, once "it" starts to go, it doesn't come back. Nows the time.
Nunez looked a really good player when we played Benfica but as you said he was best when given space to run into. Most of the teams we play don't give him that space. He had one good chance tonight and he tried to blast it rather than place it.

He might come good in a different system but his finishing is nowhere near Jota's or even Gakpo's.

He'd have had at least a couple more but he made a horrid mess of a couple of passes into him in the box.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jayden Danns
« Last post by disgraced cake on Today at 12:01:45 am »
I'd play him the last four, for sure. Clark would also play too and Quansah is a definite. I'm not saying just play a group of kids but they'll add something the experienced fellas aren't bringing now. Shame we don't have Bajcetic to bring back for a bit of excitement going forward.
He lacks the basics. I can't see him becoming the player we need him to be. I'm surprised we bought him at all, based on what I've seen. I just don't see how he'd fit in with any formation or style Klopp likes to play. Looks like the sort of player who'd thrive playing for a team that invites pressure and constantly plays on the break and into space over the top. Trying to play in a packed area against a low block is not his game at all.

The Newcastle game was a high point, but there's been far too many lows. Watching him try and hold the ball up tonight was painful. He was struggling to even get it under control.

Nunez looked a really good player when we played Benfica but as you said he was best when given space to run into. Most of the teams we play don't give him that space. He had one good chance tonight and he tried to blast it rather than place it.

He might come good in a different system but his finishing is nowhere near Jota's or even Gakpo's.
Eh?! I do. He said he is tired and I explained what I think has drained his energy over and above what one might expect.

Abu Ghrabi has done that way more than what you’ve suggested.
They didn't. This is all self inflicted. We've done it to ourselves.

Just on my way home from town. City centre is very subdued tonight. I'm sorry, but that performance was diabolical. We've lost to a dire relegation side, and so meekly too. I feel for Klopp. The overriding take-home from his tenure is positive and ever so thrilling. We've won virtually everything with him. He didn't deserve to see it ending like this though. Out of the cup to a shocking United side. Beaten at home to the journeymen of Crystal Palace. Out of the UEFA CUP to a willing but fairly average Atalanta. Now, beaten by one of the worse Everton sides in history. Klopp deserved so much more than this.

Spot on.

People need to stop making excuses with the ref and whatever else. That was a disgrace from so many this evening. Letting down the greatest manager of our modern era. I'm infuriated and fuming at our players in a way I've rarely been at any time under any manager. Just an absolutely colossal disappointment. Some look finished, some were never good enough to begin with, some are just bizarrely hitting the worst form of their whole liverpool careers at the worst possible time.

People shouldn't sugarcoat this. It's a landmark awful performance and result. And I couldn't give a shit about Everton. Regardless of who the opposition were, it's simply one of the saddest, most deflating nights I can remember supporting this great club.

I feel so, so sorry for Klopp. Deserved so much better from a multitude of players.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: PL: Eve 2 vs 0 Liverpool Bran 27’ Lewin 58’
« Last post by Kopenhagen on Yesterday at 11:59:50 pm »
All eyes on Arnie now:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10