Author Topic: CL SF: Liverpool 4 vs Barçelona 0 (4-3) Origi 6', 79’, Gini 53', 56 Bloody hell.  (Read 266565 times)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
I don't see any love or respect for Liverpool fans from fans of any of the Italian clubs. Don't forget what the Roma Ultras did on the streets of Liverpool, you know actually in real life and not on some internet bollox forum. Given their record of violence none of the Italian clubs should be playing in Europe, I fear for the safety of our fans every time we draw one of them which is unacceptable in itself.

Indeed, you can always sense trouble in the days before when we play in Italy mostly due to the ultras, Rome & Naples seem to be the worst for it, i believe not only fans of English clubs have had issues in Italy, most of the issues are away from the stadiums in the City Centres, the ultras love riding on scooters with the passenger carrying a blade, slashing fans of the opposition on the sly, think the only times we haven't had any problems in Italy is Florence & Milan.
#Sausages

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Still get emotional watching it back.

Being in the stadium that night. The feral nature of the crowd. The utter defiance is something I have never experienced before in my life. The feeling when Gini put that header in, no drug comes close.  The 4th I still keep expecting to be ruled out for no reason other than it should never have been that easy.

These are the stories you now tell your kids, your grandkids, your great grandkids.

Just incredible

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Being in the stadium that night. The feral nature of the crowd. The utter defiance is something I have never experienced before in my life. The feeling when Gini put that header in, no drug comes close.  The 4th I still keep expecting to be ruled out for no reason other than it should never have been that easy.

These are the stories you now tell your kids, your grandkids, your great grandkids.

Just incredible

There'll be more nights like this with Klopp and beyond him too, another golden age for Liverpool is beginning.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
And Messi hadn't even broken through then!

It's honestly bizarre, given our history in the competition, both pre Heysel and since 2005, that so many clubs continue to underestimate us. 

I can understand fans being a bit arrogant and confident - we all believe our team is the best after all - but there's also a glaring lack of humility, and it does seem to be mostly the Spanish clubs' problem - although Italy in the past has also had this attitude.

The irony of that attitude from Barca fans is that they only won it for the first time in 1992 as they were not good enough to even qualify for the competition let alone win it, always in the shadow of Real Madrid. We already had four wins under our belt by then, perhaps that's why, because they had little or no contact with the competition they showed little interest in it. Maybe they consider themselves superior because they've taken some of best players away, I mean who could turn down a move to Barcelona?

On the subject of players, I didn't get the impression on here that there was much fear about the return of Coutinho, the talk was all about Messi and Suarez. Then when I read their forum, it seems that many of them don't rate him, he was a good player for us but how many matches did he win for us, the City and Chelsea games spring to mind. Then when you compare that with the number of points we've gained with Allison and Van Dijk in the team, say 20-30, it's probably the best bit of business we've done in years. I think the general consensus is that it's been a poor deal for them and a great one for us, added to that the player purchase clause we now have in place with them and they might think twice about coming back to raid us again.

Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Online redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
Watched the Final again last night. Really gonna enjoy my replay of this tremendous football match tonight.

I've seen all our great nights in Europe and I was only half hopeful on making a comeback in this one until walking to the ground around 7pm. I said to the others we have beaten all the top teams here, sometimes with a weakened team, and I quoted Juve in 05.

We can do it I reckon if we get an early goal. It must have been the sight of our famous old ground.
As we crossed the road I said I wonder how we will be feeling later. Up or down?

We recrossed that road at 10pm as if on a hovercraft as we headed for celebratory drinks. What a game, what team, and what a crowd. Unforgettable.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
Reading other teams forums just makes me appreciate RAWK so much more.

Easy to read, lots of posts per page, no ads.

Touche.

That Barca forum just hits you hard and has a hypnotic effect when you look away after 2 mins of reading.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Enjoy :)

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/15686-Champions-League-Semi-Final-Liverpool-FC-Barcelona-4-3-agg?p=2075214#post2075214

What a lovely place.

Their thread about their coach Ernesto Valverde is titled 'Retardo', which is what they call him there.

Such wonderful fans.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Watched the Final again last night. Really gonna enjoy my replay of this tremendous football match tonight.

I've seen all our great nights in Europe and I was only half hopeful on making a comeback in this one until walking to the ground around 7pm. I said to the others we have beaten all the top teams here, sometimes with a weakened team, and I quoted Juve in 05.

We can do it I reckon if we get an early goal. It must have been the sight of our famous old ground.
As we crossed the road I said I wonder how we will be feeling later. Up or down?

We recrossed that road at 10pm as if on a hovercraft as we headed for celebratory drinks. What a game, what team, and what a crowd. Unforgettable.

I said at half time that I hoped Origi got another goal, I wanted him to get an hat trick but scoring the goal that put us in the final was just as good! ;D

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
I said at half time that I hoped Origi got another goal, I wanted him to get an hat trick but scoring the goal that put us in the final was just as good! ;D

Nice to see him get one in the final too!

Did you hear Crouch is naming his baby after him?  ;)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/1136173/Abbey-Clancy-baby-Peter-Crouch-Twitter-son-name-Divock-news-latest/amp
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
What a lovely place.

Their thread about their coach Ernesto Valverde is titled 'Retardo', which is what they call him there.

Such wonderful fans.
In times gone by the great thing about playing the iconic European sides was just how exotic they were, or at least seemed. You'd only really come into contact with their fans at the match, and it was usually a pleasant, scarf-swapping affair.

These days, with the internet, we find the world a much smaller place, and we get to see that those clubs aren't so exotic afterall, and plenty of their fans talk as much utter shite as football fans do here in the UK.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
These days, with the internet, we find the world a much smaller place, and we get to see that those clubs aren't so exotic afterall, and plenty of their fans talk as much utter shite as football fans do here in the UK.

I would sooner say that the internet allows all sorts of "fans" a platform. There's nothing wrong with Barca's match-going fans, we've seen that at Anfield, and even in the first leg. On the internet, though, there are probably tens of millions of people calling themselves Barca fans, most of whom have never even set foot in Spain, let alone Camp Nou. A Barca forum in English is probably populated by American and Asian teenagers who started "supporting" Barca when Messi came on the scene. So it's no suprise they have no clue about European football in general.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I would sooner say that the internet allows all sorts of "fans" a platform. There's nothing wrong with Barca's match-going fans, we've seen that at Anfield, and even in the first leg. On the internet, though, there are probably tens of millions of people calling themselves Barca fans, most of whom have never even set foot in Spain, let alone Camp Nou. A Barca forum in English is probably populated by American and Asian teenagers who started "supporting" Barca when Messi came on the scene. So it's no suprise they have no clue about European football in general.

That’s a fair point. It’s not ‘that’ long ago but Istanbul is in a different era of football when Italian teams were just about still dominant, Barca only had 1 European Cup and even Real and their Galacticos had won 3 since 98 but weren’t as dominant as they were under Zidane. Supporters on that forum probably view us as old news with the usual shite opinions you read on City forums.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan

Nah that particular forum was like this even 10-12 years ago, I know because I was reading comments back then when we played them in 2007. Messi was in infant in comparison. They aren't all teenagers and they aren't all American and Asian either. They're from all over the place and various ages.

There's loads of who never set foot in Liverpool let alone Anfield but have more sense than those lot do. That's just a poor excuse.

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
Nah that particular forum was like this even 10-12 years ago, I know because I was reading comments back then when we played them in 2007. Messi was in infant in comparison. They aren't all teenagers and they aren't all American and Asian either. They're from all over the place and various ages.

There's loads of who never set foot in Liverpool let alone Anfield but have more sense than those lot do. That's just a poor excuse.

Fair enough, though I still doubt many match-going Barca fans are posting on an internet forum in English.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

I think there's truth to both sides of the equation.  The internet has just granted these chumps a platform to be knobheads together. 

As I said earlier, there are plenty of good Barca fans, both match going and on the internet; but there is also that institutional arrogance, that sense of entitlement.  I can tolerate it to an extent from Barcelona - at least they have some history about them, and they're not all like that - but that shower of Blue Mancs just grinds my gears.  10 years ago they'd have sold their left bollock for a league cup and they're already sneering at it.

It all comes back to underestimating Liverpool FC.  A chronic problem seemingly.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
A chronic problem seemingly.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/uXo0TrMhPao" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/uXo0TrMhPao</a>
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Shared this before but I believe it's worth posting again.  This is an excellent example of a decent Barca fan, and I'm pretty sure he's never had the chance to watch them in person.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/giDyU9NPf18" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/giDyU9NPf18</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Fair enough, though I still doubt many match-going Barca fans are posting on an internet forum in English.

I agree with you there, but just because you don't go to the match doesn't mean you don't have common sense and ability to support the club without being a massive blert like some of them on there. We have loads of supporters who can't get to the match.

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
I agree with you there, but just because you don't go to the match doesn't mean you don't have common sense and ability to support the club without being a massive blert like some of them on there. We have loads of supporters who can't get to the match.

Totally agree, but Barca have a huge world-wide network of consumers, and I don't think they're in any way representative of genuine fans (many of whom, just like many Liverpool fans, never get to go to a game). In short, a clueless internet "fan" probably doesn't go to games, but not everyone who doesn't go to games is a clueless internet fan. :)

Offline stueya

• Kopite

Just incredible

This

I was also lucky enough to get a ticket for the final and loved watching us lift No6 but if somebody said to me I could only go to one then it would be the Barca game hands down, I’ve followed the Reds for 40years and never experienced a night like that before and probably never will again
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I still often watch the goals on me phone on the way to work for this. Think the last time I watched a goal as often as  the Trent/Origi one was Gerrard's in the FA Cup final...  quite a different type of goal but it's those ones where you almost have to keep watching them for it to sink in.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I think this has always been so in Europe. I was lucky enough to be of an age where I witnessed our emergence on the European scene with, first, UEFA Cup wins then old big ears himself. The big continental sides always underestimated us and the power of Anfield. Despite our history since, plenty still seem to underestimate us even today.

Too many European sides have thought they'd done the hard work against us and thought they were through, only to come unstuck. The fact that too many of them continue to underestimate us even now can really play into our hands. I love the fact that they do this. I hope it never changes.

It continues to this day, even the last couple of seasons there’s been opposition players who have wondered what the fuss was about Anfield pre match only to be sent on their way.

English fans get in a tizz about the ‘Power of Anfield’ stuff despite all the evidence in front of them time and again that big opposition players freeze there and our lads look 12 feet tall with a big sea of red behind them. A great image from the Barca game was Messi on the halfway line, hands on hips with the scoreboard showing 4-0. Completely overpowered into submission

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
^ aye and the line ups at the start. The little look over his shoulder

Offline Chakri

• Main Stander
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2qfxKhSTsY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2qfxKhSTsY</a>

Offline Chakri

• Main Stander

Offline Metallinick

• Anny Roader
I'm thoroughly enjoying reading the Barca SF forum from about page 84 (match day) onward......so much optimism and slagging off of us around then and then the gradual meltdown is a thing of beauty over the remainder of the thread.

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/15686-Champions-League-Semi-Final-Liverpool-FC-Barcelona-4-3-agg/page86

What a petty bunch of fans!

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
 They might just think twice next time about making bold declarations when their up-themselves circus rolls into town -but then again they probably won't. Arrogance has a short memory.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
I think the United tie gave Barca false expectations.  I keep forgetting how comprehensively they dismantled Mold Lite in the previous round. Ole probably did us a favour, although to be fair to him United's record against Barca in recent years isn't great. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

Agreed.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm thoroughly enjoying reading the Barca SF forum from about page 84 (match day) onward......so much optimism and slagging off of us around then and then the gradual meltdown is a thing of beauty over the remainder of the thread.

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/15686-Champions-League-Semi-Final-Liverpool-FC-Barcelona-4-3-agg/page86

Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan

This was the pick of the bunch:

I don't know if football is rigged as some say or not, but watching the same scenario happening twice in a year is suspicious, to say the least. How can all these WC players suddenly turn horrendous against a weaker opponent? How many gifts Barca players had to give to Liverpool and Roma to make these comebacks possible? And all those lousy shots? Why suddenly everyone, even Messi, becomes sloppy finishers when you only need one goal, but at the other end every shot becomes a goal? How many times Barca even lose 4-0 and 3-0 ffs??!!
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

I gave the two posts for the Barcelona match in the 'Liverpool Audio/Video' thread a bit of an update (to include more videos etc)...

Mainly re the match - https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.msg16617450#msg16617450

Mainly post-match (+ more highlights & full match replays) - https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.msg16618515#msg16618515

or Page 928 onwards in the 'Liverpool Audio/Video Thread' - https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.0  :wave
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 12:08:26 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
antoniobanderas.gif
Don’t have any idea what you’re talking about.

Jommmy Hill
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
We haven't lost a two-legged tie under Klopp, which is impressive as hell considering the teams we've faced.

This game in particular is going to terrify the opposition next season. You can win 3-0 at home and not be safe. And that's Barcelona with Messi. Who would want to face Liverpool?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan

Can offer them a rematch in next seasons CL if they like

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
We haven't lost a two-legged tie under Klopp, which is impressive as hell considering the teams we've faced.

Sorry to be a pedant, but that only holds in Europe :). We lost a League Cup semifinal against Southampton over two legs.