Author Topic: The small things in life that make you happy  (Read 607282 times)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: The small things in life that make you happy
« Reply #5720 on: April 9, 2021, 07:22:17 pm »
weekend then three days off for birthday

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5721 on: April 9, 2021, 07:47:39 pm »
weekend then three days off for birthday

Early Happy Birthday
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #5722 on: April 10, 2021, 08:07:06 pm »
Big skies from ours.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #5723 on: April 10, 2021, 09:22:38 pm »
The dog puppet dodge from children's BBC

My son's loves him. A family dog died last year and I told him the dog went "to the farm"

However he looks like dodge so my son's convinced it's our old dog
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #5724 on: April 10, 2021, 09:26:04 pm »
Finally getting myself a cheap bike to shed some pounds and doing a 15-mile ride for the first time since about 2009.

Spending Saturday morning listening to podcasts deep-cleaning the flat.

The smell of frying onions at the start of making a casserole.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5725 on: April 11, 2021, 09:23:31 am »
Mr Slippers' struggles with the sensor on our kitchen bin.

He's like a magician introducing his lovely assistant.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #5726 on: April 11, 2021, 10:17:42 pm »
Watching Depeche Mode live in Berlin, then The Cure live in Hyde Park on telly last night with Mrs Spion whilst downing a bottle of gin friends of ours made, as well as a bottle of a wine and a number of Black Russians.

The resulting hangover this morning will go into the 'small things that annoy' thread.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #5727 on: April 12, 2021, 08:13:38 pm »
What is happiness by the way and what is sadness ?  I will always find it difficult to express my emotions and feelings when given two choices . It's all the duality and non duality stuff which if you think about is a prison . Up , down , left , right etc.

Anyway then yeah. Having a pint today with some arl fella I've not seen since Christmas . He's one of them arl ones who wears a suit and tie , has a walking stick and muzzie like a corpy brush and smiling blue eyes.

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #5728 on: April 13, 2021, 01:44:12 pm »
opening a tin of tuna thinking I had to drain the oil away to find it was an already drained tin.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #5729 on: April 13, 2021, 06:17:06 pm »
just saw a dad and his little girl and she was reaching up to put her litter in the bin

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5730 on: April 13, 2021, 06:21:14 pm »
My 12 yr old has just cooked tea, chicken fajitas and they were bloody gorgeous. Its part of his homework from school, he's making tea on Thursday too :D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #5731 on: April 13, 2021, 06:48:03 pm »
My 12 yr old has just cooked tea, chicken fajitas and they were bloody gorgeous. Its part of his homework from school, he's making tea on Thursday too :D

right - just reported you for treating your kids like slave labour

i'm willing  to call it off if i can come around for tea 
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5732 on: April 13, 2021, 06:52:55 pm »

right - just reported you for treating your kids like slave labour

i'm willing  to call it off if i can come around for tea 

;D

He's doing tartiflette Thursday or you can wait til he make the Chicken A la King at the weekend?

They're lucky I'm not a bone idle twat like my Dad was, Robert makes us some toast, make us a cup of tea, make us cheese on toast, does us a bowl of cornflakes.

Upside I suppose was I could make basic food from when I was 7.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5733 on: April 13, 2021, 09:36:25 pm »
;D

He's doing tartiflette Thursday

Mancs these days come up with some strange old names for their kids don’t they?

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5734 on: April 14, 2021, 11:51:20 am »
getting me own music right

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5735 on: April 17, 2021, 03:25:38 pm »
I decided to get my coloured pencils out, as I haven't done much with them yet. I found it really interesting how good the blending is with them. I have been practicing drawing birds eyes which was a really fascinating challenge. So nice, to be able to sit outside and do it as well love this time of year.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5736 on: April 17, 2021, 03:35:51 pm »
I decided to get my coloured pencils out, as I haven't done much with them yet. I found it really interesting how good the blending is with them. I have been practicing drawing birds eyes which was a really fascinating challenge. So nice, to be able to sit outside and do it as well love this time of year.

Funny you should mention. I bought some watercolour pencils and paper recently and have been experimenting with them. I started this last night. :)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5737 on: April 17, 2021, 03:50:26 pm »
Funny you should mention. I bought some watercolour pencils and paper recently and have been experimenting with them. I started this last night. :)

That looks really cool.  ;D

I am just loving using the pencils and I didn't really think I would. Just trying to practice holding them at the top and very loosely for a more even shade. I have found a great video as well, which I have been watching. There are some great demostrations out there, but I really want to do my own pictures now. It was like this morning I was using my acrylic paints and my bloody tree was a disaster! So I ended up painting over it and turning it into mountains instead. All I will say is, if you look at it from a long way away it looks fine, up close it's a disaster.  ;D

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5738 on: April 17, 2021, 04:57:44 pm »
The sound of my Telecaster hooked up to a delay pedal and a tape echo set so I can pinch a harmonic (that's what she said) and it drones all lovely and melodic and I come back into the room hours later and it's still burrowing away into the very walls of the room

... no wonder I got Mary for my birthday

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5739 on: April 17, 2021, 04:58:29 pm »
That looks really cool.  ;D

I am just loving using the pencils and I didn't really think I would. Just trying to practice holding them at the top and very loosely for a more even shade. I have found a great video as well, which I have been watching. There are some great demostrations out there, but I really want to do my own pictures now. It was like this morning I was using my acrylic paints and my bloody tree was a disaster! So I ended up painting over it and turning it into mountains instead. All I will say is, if you look at it from a long way away it looks fine, up close it's a disaster.  ;D

Haha!

Paint is challenging. I mostly use fine liners, so using anything new means a learning curve.

I really need to stop being a lazy arse and watch some educational videos myself on YouTube.  ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5740 on: April 17, 2021, 05:09:31 pm »

Haha!

Paint is challenging. I mostly use fine liners, so using anything new means a learning curve.

I really need to stop being a lazy arse and watch some educational videos myself on YouTube.  ;D

They are so relaxing, this was the one I found for the painting this morning, looked so easy until I tried it.  ;D  https://youtu.be/YYzyIYAerBo

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5741 on: April 17, 2021, 05:29:34 pm »
They are so relaxing, this was the one I found for the painting this morning, looked so easy until I tried it.  ;D  https://youtu.be/YYzyIYAerBo
Let's see your attempt.  :)

I got a couple of cheap canvases the other week to have a go with acrylics. I have loads left over after making LFC banners, so I might put them to good use. I'm totally rubbish at it, but having a go is fun.  :)

I was looking to do a basic beach/sea/sky like this...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XgHPzNu32U8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XgHPzNu32U8</a>

or something like this...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ew6ujcZoe-Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ew6ujcZoe-Y</a>
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 05:34:09 pm by Son of Spion* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5742 on: April 17, 2021, 06:01:19 pm »

deceptively easy!  But I might have a crack at it myself! ;D

SoS, this is a seascape I did a few years back with fineliners.  I did several, inspired by some canvases I saw in a gallery in Boston.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5743 on: April 17, 2021, 06:30:26 pm »
Let's see your attempt.  :)

I got a couple of cheap canvases the other week to have a go with acrylics. I have loads left over after making LFC banners, so I might put them to good use. I'm totally rubbish at it, but having a go is fun.  :)

I was looking to do a basic beach/sea/sky like this...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XgHPzNu32U8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XgHPzNu32U8</a>

or something like this...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ew6ujcZoe-Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ew6ujcZoe-Y</a>

No chance, it's bloody awful. I will have to clean it up first I may put it up then. I am looking forward to seeing your attempt, you are probably ahead of me.  ;D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5744 on: April 17, 2021, 06:32:44 pm »
deceptively easy!  But I might have a crack at it myself! ;D

SoS, this is a seascape I did a few years back with fineliners.  I did several, inspired by some canvases I saw in a gallery in Boston.

That is very good. Never done anything with fineliners but they look very affective.  :thumbup

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5745 on: April 17, 2021, 06:40:10 pm »
That is very good. Never done anything with fineliners but they look very affective.  :thumbup

They're fantastic once you get to grips with them.  Most of my work is doole-based but they're very good for drawing buildings and stuff too. :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5746 on: April 17, 2021, 06:45:45 pm »
No chance, it's bloody awful. I will have to clean it up first I may put it up then. I am looking forward to seeing your attempt, you are probably ahead of me;D

Oh I doubt that. I've not tried to paint anything since I attempted some Bob Ross type stuff many years ago. I've never painted with acrylics before at all. I'm sure it will be fun trying. I think I need to get a variety of brushes before I have a go. I ruined most of the ones I have making banners.

Red Berry.
That's really good.

I've never tried anything like that, but I like what you can do with them.  :)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5747 on: April 17, 2021, 06:46:29 pm »
They're fantastic once you get to grips with them.  Most of my work is doole-based but they're very good for drawing buildings and stuff too. :)

That's interesting. I would like to start drawing some buildings, I do mainly landscape, so haven't really attempted anything yet. Another method to consider then..... ;D

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #5748 on: April 17, 2021, 06:55:33 pm »

Are you using Polychromos?
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5749 on: April 17, 2021, 07:07:01 pm »
Are you using Polychromos?

The ones I'm using are soft core pencils by Castle Art Supplies they have pigment in them. I think the Polychromos ones are oil based?

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #5750 on: April 17, 2021, 07:18:07 pm »
The ones I'm using are soft core pencils by Castle Art Supplies they have pigment in them. I think the Polychromos ones are oil based?

Yeah they are, and have a high pigment content, and so they should given the price of them  ;D.  I only have a 24 tin of them and I love them.

I also love Derwent Inktense pencils
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 07:21:17 pm by Millie »

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5751 on: April 17, 2021, 08:17:33 pm »
That's interesting. I would like to start drawing some buildings, I do mainly landscape, so haven't really attempted anything yet. Another method to consider then..... ;D

I drew this back in 2017 with 0.3mm fineliners, as a template.  I made several copies for different backgrounds so I could make greetings cards and mugs and stuff.  I have a micro fineliner now, makes the others look like crayons. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5752 on: April 17, 2021, 08:19:29 pm »
Oh I doubt that. I've not tried to paint anything since I attempted some Bob Ross type stuff many years ago. I've never painted with acrylics before at all. I'm sure it will be fun trying. I think I need to get a variety of brushes before I have a go. I ruined most of the ones I have making banners.

Red Berry.
That's really good.

I've never tried anything like that, but I like what you can do with them.  :)

Cheers mate!  8)

Yeah they are, and have a high pigment content, and so they should given the price of them  ;D.  I only have a 24 tin of them and I love them.

The piece I shared above is being made with those.  They're fantastic.  I have some fine brushes to work with them. :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5753 on: April 17, 2021, 08:50:24 pm »
I drew this back in 2017 with 0.3mm fineliners, as a template.  I made several copies for different backgrounds so I could make greetings cards and mugs and stuff.  I have a micro fineliner now, makes the others look like crayons. ;D

That sketch is amazing, not sure I could ever be that accurate on a building. I'm in awe....

I have never tried those, but it surprised me how much I enjoyed the pencils. I used to use them a lot at school, but that was some years ago now.  ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5754 on: April 17, 2021, 09:22:04 pm »
That sketch is amazing, not sure I could ever be that accurate on a building. I'm in awe....

Thanks.  Took me about three weeks.  Did it in pencil first, then went over it with pen and wasn't afraid to use a ruler.  I learned from drawing the Catholic cathedral, which took me about three months.  I'm trying to learn to not be such a perfectionist as I just get stressed out. ;D

I have never tried those, but it surprised me how much I enjoyed the pencils. I used to use them a lot at school, but that was some years ago now.  ;D

They're really good.  I only got them a few weeks ago, so I'm still learning how to use them.  You're best off using watercolour paper with them.  I find they're a little easier to work with than the inkblocks, which I've tended to use as paints.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5755 on: April 17, 2021, 09:33:24 pm »

That’s brilliant mate.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5756 on: April 17, 2021, 09:46:46 pm »
Being back home after a week working in Yorkshire, seeing Paul and the dogs.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5757 on: April 17, 2021, 10:10:47 pm »
That’s brilliant mate.

Thanks!

As I said, I use it as a blank template for various designs, like this one.

Popcorn's Art

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #5758 on: April 17, 2021, 10:24:02 pm »
A bit like some of the painting comments after eight years I've finally completed a traintrack building a station, canal, mill, countryside, signals etc and featuring roadworks with my grandad keeping an eye on them when he worked as a cocky watchman and my dad driving along in his GPO engineers van.

All set in the late 1960s with various nods to my early working days.

And soon it will revert back to the third bedroom.

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #5759 on: April 18, 2021, 08:29:18 am »

They are similar to watercolour pencils, in that you use them with a water brush but the colour is a lot more vibrant and when dry it's permanent.  You can also use them on fabric, and as long as you heat set it, it stays put.  I've used them on fabric (calico) with embroidery.  The results are really good.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer