Author Topic: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here  (Read 2508609 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« Reply #7800 on: May 16, 2017, 10:35:47 am »
Slightly off topic but when I saw those images from White Hart Lane on Sunday, all the ex-players and supporters saying goodbye to their old ground, I can't tell you how great it felt knowing we wouldn't have to do the same. Spurs are hoping to build a 60,000 seat stadium; if the Anfield Road End redevelopment goes ahead, we'll have the same size but still be at 'home'.
cant wait to hear the excuses about Wembley next year

can see why spurs had to do it. they will have 23000 extra at a game.

like you im glad we stayed at Anfield, the new main stand is stunning and like you say we will have 60000 hopefully soon.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7801 on: May 16, 2017, 04:09:07 pm »
Slightly off topic but when I saw those images from White Hart Lane on Sunday, all the ex-players and supporters saying goodbye to their old ground, I can't tell you how great it felt knowing we wouldn't have to do the same. Spurs are hoping to build a 60,000 seat stadium; if the Anfield Road End redevelopment goes ahead, we'll have the same size but still be at 'home'.

Completely agree! The new ground will look nice though from the pics you can see on Skyscraper City. It will be the nicest I think of the new breed of stadium. But prefer the look still for all its flaws of Anfield. If we continue to develop it to modern standards even more so. The ARE if they do it to match the new Main style with brick columns and the plinth (or whatever they call it).

Spurs have just had planning permission to increase capacity now to just over 61,500. Their version of teh Kop now being able to hold 17,500....

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #7802 on: May 17, 2017, 03:37:26 pm »

You're right mate - though most of us at Anfield will still be in cramped seats with the skin removed from our shins, poor views of the pitch and for some of us restricted views - even in the new Main Stand (as well as limited facilities, new MS apart, though we should be ok if we don't need a piss or want to buy a burger ;)) - and likely for similarly priced tickets as Spurs too, in their new comfy seats with actual legroom, good views of the pitch and decent facilities.

Don't get me wrong - love Anfield to bits - but despite the remaining parts of the ground all being built - or rebuilt - in the 1990's, it's shite for it, I'd rather have a new ground fit for purpose (legroom and views of the pitch etc) to make new history in with fellow fans - than what we have now. (Or even if we'd have re-profiled the the current stands to get that leg-room in and get rid of the restricted views and shite sightlines)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #7803 on: May 17, 2017, 10:00:58 pm »
You're right mate - though most of us at Anfield will still be in cramped seats with the skin removed from our shins, poor views of the pitch and for some of us restricted views - even in the new Main Stand (as well as limited facilities, new MS apart, though we should be ok if we don't need a piss or want to buy a burger ;)) - and likely for similarly priced tickets as Spurs too, in their new comfy seats with actual legroom, good views of the pitch and decent facilities.

Don't get me wrong - love Anfield to bits - but despite the remaining parts of the ground all being built - or rebuilt - in the 1990's, it's shite for it, I'd rather have a new ground fit for purpose (legroom and views of the pitch etc) to make new history in with fellow fans - than what we have now. (Or even if we'd have re-profiled the the current stands to get that leg-room in and get rid of the restricted views and shite sightlines)

Well, bearing in mind the money they've spent in the last few years rebuilding the main stand, and potentially the money they will spend rebuilding the Anfield Road end, the chances of a new ground fit for purpose is basically nil for at least the next, ooh let's say twenty years.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #7804 on: May 18, 2017, 08:36:03 am »
They will have a state of the art stadium and with the partnership with the NFL we be the richest club in this country in the next few years.
But the thing that fecks me off the most about it is they'll have a 17,500 seater Kop that dwarfs ours!!!!

There doesn't seem to be any long time plan for Anfield development.

Part of me just wants a no frills football stadium with a pie and a pint.... steep and intimidating.... but in this day and age it's all about corporate!!!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7805 on: May 18, 2017, 08:47:15 am »
They will have a state of the art stadium and with the partnership with the NFL we be the richest club in this country in the next few years.

Come off it.

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #7806 on: May 18, 2017, 09:40:54 am »

Be careful what you wish for. I'll pass judgement on Spurs new ground when I see it, in the meantime I'll keep the West Ham example in the back of my mind.

Was there on Sunday and they've got a great athletics stadium. Good facilities, lots of room and...I can't think of anything else good to say because it's no football stadium. From what I can see of the Spurs model it'll be a massive improvement on that and maybe a step up from the Emirates, which is a prime example of the soulless bowl but give me the shittiest, restricted view at Anfield, over any of it, anytime.

We've had a lucky escape by not building new and we play every game with the ghosts of Shankly and Paisley cheering us on and the priceless memories of Hunt, Keegan, Barnes, Kenny, Rush, Fowler etc.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7807 on: May 18, 2017, 10:11:06 am »
But the thing that fecks me off the most about it is they'll have a 17,500 seater Kop that dwarfs ours!!!!

Part of me just wants a no frills football stadium with a pie and a pint.... steep and intimidating.... but in this day and age it's all about corporate!!!

Spurs, the richest team in the country? :lmao

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7808 on: May 18, 2017, 10:15:08 am »

What does the size of that stand matter? The Kop isn't and never has been about its size there has been bigger in the past.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #7809 on: May 18, 2017, 02:24:54 pm »
Well, bearing in mind the money they've spent in the last few years rebuilding the main stand, and potentially the money they will spend rebuilding the Anfield Road end, the chances of a new ground fit for purpose is basically nil for at least the next, ooh let's say twenty years.

Sorry - I meant shame it wasn't taken into consideration when the club decided not to press a head with a new ground and re-develop Anfield (well, the MS) instead. a new ground will likely not happen for a few decades now. I still have a little bit of hope for re-profiling the current stands maybe in a few years - though as the bean counters say, there's no money in it - so likely won't happen.

Anyone know where to by some decent shin protectors? ;)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #7810 on: May 18, 2017, 02:32:09 pm »
What does the size of that stand matter? The Kop isn't and never has been about its size there has been bigger in the past.

In the context of getting more fans into Anfield - younger, local and maybe taking a few 000's off the STWL too - it matters a fair bit, no more than ever.

As the MS is done, ARE likely to be redveloped 'soon', the Kemlyn locked in by the Skerries Road, the Kop does seem the next logical stand to improve upon/redevelop/rebuild to us laymen. Comparing possibilities and to what is happening elsewhere (Spurs new kop-style stand) and what can be achieved isn't a bad thing for discussion.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7811 on: May 18, 2017, 03:57:28 pm »
I'm interested to see how Spurs are funding it? Will the purse strings on transfers be tightened like Arsenal did to finance theirs?

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7812 on: May 18, 2017, 04:25:54 pm »
I'm interested to see how Spurs are funding it? Will the purse strings on transfers be tightened like Arsenal did to finance theirs?

Would expect so, it's self-funded. Arsenal had the proceeds of the redevelopment of Highbury and surrounding residential, which softened the blow somewhat, but Spurs don't have similar.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #7813 on: May 18, 2017, 09:15:10 pm »
Spurs, the richest team in the country? :lmao
each NFL team earns $226m per season... that's just the tv rights..... and the average value of each team is $2.2bn...... so if they create London Spurs or what they maybe called..... as a sports group similar to FSG that doubles their tv rights alone.

Plus they'll have a 62k stadium in london so premium priced seats.... 2nd this is year.... Champions league football once again and they look like they're going to be a force for a while!!!

I fucking hate them....hate their fans going on about being back were they belong... when they've never been there in the first place.

But add all that above and that's some serious revenue coming in each year..... year on year

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #7814 on: May 18, 2017, 09:17:26 pm »
what's more impressive.... the yellow wall or our Kop?

Yes it's the people on the Kop that's makes it what it is...... so another 5,000 in our Kop would make a hell of a difference.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #7815 on: May 18, 2017, 09:21:43 pm »
It's currently estimated at £800m which is astronomical

Online vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #7816 on: May 18, 2017, 09:49:49 pm »
To be fair to Spurs I don't understand why there is all that talk of leaving WHL. they just double it and rotate it 90 degrees.  Honestly, it looks quite impressive.  And they are pretty much staying at home.

For us - All the talk about return on investment for ARE pisses me off when I see Spurs ground take shape. I know it's London, but it's Spurs....

FSG should really quickly grow some balls on this and get going towards 65K.  Forget the small time calculations on revenue per seat.  Whilst we do the sums the game is growing exponentially and the return is a cert. We used to compete with Barca, Bayern etc and now Spurs will be "bigger"

We are waiting for financial plans, completions, next steps, conservative approach. I'm not so much criticizing FSG as compelling them.  We need to get going, or keep going & speed up. not just to have a bigger ground, but to put us into that league of elite of teams where a shitload of fans, mostly local and young I hope  (and oots like me) can see the matches. And we bring for sure bigger and more imposing atmosphere to the opposition and momentum to the reds. 

No downside whatsoever, guaranteed. Never been better time to invest I'm sure. Pull the trigger FSG

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7817 on: May 19, 2017, 12:04:15 am »

What kop?? its another soulless bowl very similar to our old rejected design from AFL.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7818 on: May 19, 2017, 03:28:25 am »
To be fair to Spurs I don't understand why there is all that talk of leaving WHL. they just double it and rotate it 90 degrees.  Honestly, it looks quite impressive.  And they are pretty much staying at home.

For us - All the talk about return on investment for ARE pisses me off when I see Spurs ground take shape. I know it's London, but it's Spurs....

FSG should really quickly grow some balls on this and get going towards 65K.  Forget the small time calculations on revenue per seat.  Whilst we do the sums the game is growing exponentially and the return is a cert. We used to compete with Barca, Bayern etc and now Spurs will be "bigger"

We are waiting for financial plans, completions, next steps, conservative approach. I'm not so much criticizing FSG as compelling them.  We need to get going, or keep going & speed up. not just to have a bigger ground, but to put us into that league of elite of teams where a shitload of fans, mostly local and young I hope  (and oots like me) can see the matches. And we bring for sure bigger and more imposing atmosphere to the opposition and momentum to the reds. 

No downside whatsoever, guaranteed. Never been better time to invest I'm sure. Pull the trigger FSG

Easy to say when it's not your money.

There's nothing guaranteed about any stadium development. In fact there's pretty reasonable evidence that the 'new stadium effect' tends to be negative:

Also note that of those teams that did better - Juventus, Espanyol and Schalke moved to smaller stadiums and Bilbao is still just over 53k http://www.thestatszone.com/articles/changing-stadiums-does-it-affect-your-form
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 03:58:19 am by Peter McGurk »

Online vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #7819 on: May 19, 2017, 07:02:19 am »

Easy to say when it's not your money.

There's nothing guaranteed about any stadium development. In fact there's pretty reasonable evidence that the 'new stadium effect' tends to be negative:

Also note that of those teams that did better - Juventus, Espanyol and Schalke moved to smaller stadiums and Bilbao is still just over 53k http://www.thestatszone.com/articles/changing-stadiums-does-it-affect-your-form
Thanks for that Peter, I pretty much know all that and I have done loads of business cases etc, so that's not my basic point.  I respect your expertise on this, and I know that factually you are right, but I'm from an old school having followed us since 1960's and I don't want to compare us to Bilboa or Espanyol (for many, probably obvious reasons and not to look down on those great clubs.)  I also sort of feel it is "my money" or "our money" since I'm the customer in the end and I spend a load of money and time, as many others do, on Liverpool.  So I'd call it our collective money.
It's more about where the game might be going, especially in England. I hate many aspects of this by the way, especially how Sky drives this pattern. - Anyway, seems that ability to generate income is a differentiator now and there becomes a separation from the haves and the have nots.  West Ham, Spurs etc try to bridge this gap or keep up, Arsenal have done already.  Meanwhile we always seem to on breadline and conservative in our outlook.  I hate that if we finish 4th we are borderline unseeded for CL. You might say that's nothing to do with stadia, and I can't prove you wrong, but we are smaller time, careful thinkers and it's not where I want us to be. 
To be clear, I like that we stayed at Anfield so I am not talking about new stadium, more a great ARE is realistic and also a bit daring, a bit of a statement, a bit energetic and positive. I feel we are not where we need to be and we can't stay still just now - I think we will either go forward or backward. 
This needs to be considered not about ROI only, but also risk and reward.  We should be consistently spoken about in same breath as Madrid, Munich, Juve (I agree).  It isn't only about the stadium, for sure, but there is a reason City push on, even though their ROI (if we could even compare like for like) must be unrealistic.  There is a reason Utd pushed on 20 odd years ago, and now, even if they are in a strange rut, they have the machine in place to crawl back.
The have's and have nots are separating (sadly) and we risk getting left further behind. It has been slowly happening for years and I watch it with frustration. I know that's for many reasons (non stadium related also obviously) and I also know many reasons why we take it carefully, but we must push on.   
In the end I would just love to see a load of kids coming in and bringing life and soul and energy back.  In today's Anfield this (seemingly) can't be done because we need to fully maximize the tourist dollar etc. (and I know this could/will still be the case at 65K) but it's more scope to work with.
If we only discuss on the math then you will always sort of prove me wrong (and I am sure you know exactly what I mean) - In the end we need your type of expertise and I would never leave such a decision to myself for example. FSG need to take a mix of investment and emotional/risk based gamble, this is not (just) a spreadsheet decision. 

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #7820 on: May 19, 2017, 08:08:54 am »
What kop?? its another soulless bowl very similar to our old rejected design from AFL.

Sorry at what point did I say we use that shite design that never got anywhere? I'm talking about making our current stadium and therefore the Kop bigger

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #7821 on: May 19, 2017, 08:44:54 am »
I think the club would be foolish having just added 20% to the stadium not to review the feasibility on increasing the capacity further. It was originally muted that we'd go up to 58k and more recently up to 63k. If we end up with 9000 extra tickets instead of 4500 and we can pay the cost back in half the time with 3000 corporate seats then I'm sure they'll look on that as win-win situation for everyone.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #7822 on: May 19, 2017, 08:51:44 am »
I think the club would be foolish having just added 20% to the stadium not to review the feasibility on increasing the capacity further. It was originally muted that we'd go up to 58k and more recently up to 63k. If we end up with 9000 extra tickets instead of 4500 and we can pay the cost back in half the time with 3000 corporate seats then I'm sure they'll look on that as win-win situation for everyone.
Breaking the 60k barrier brings all sorts of additional commitments to developing infrastructure in the area.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7823 on: May 19, 2017, 09:35:23 am »
Breaking the 60k barrier brings all sorts of additional commitments to developing infrastructure in the area.

That's what has always been said, but it's possible the club and council could work together to put a plan in place to allow for a greater capacity without a massive investment in the likes of the railway which was talked about being required.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7824 on: May 19, 2017, 07:58:28 pm »
Thanks for that Peter, I pretty much know all that and I have done loads of business cases etc, so that's not my basic point.  I respect your expertise on this, and I know that factually you are right, but I'm from an old school having followed us since 1960's and I don't want to compare us to Bilboa or Espanyol (for many, probably obvious reasons and not to look down on those great clubs.)  I also sort of feel it is "my money" or "our money" since I'm the customer in the end and I spend a load of money and time, as many others do, on Liverpool.  So I'd call it our collective money.
It's more about where the game might be going, especially in England. I hate many aspects of this by the way, especially how Sky drives this pattern. - Anyway, seems that ability to generate income is a differentiator now and there becomes a separation from the haves and the have nots.  West Ham, Spurs etc try to bridge this gap or keep up, Arsenal have done already.  Meanwhile we always seem to on breadline and conservative in our outlook.  I hate that if we finish 4th we are borderline unseeded for CL. You might say that's nothing to do with stadia, and I can't prove you wrong, but we are smaller time, careful thinkers and it's not where I want us to be. 
To be clear, I like that we stayed at Anfield so I am not talking about new stadium, more a great ARE is realistic and also a bit daring, a bit of a statement, a bit energetic and positive. I feel we are not where we need to be and we can't stay still just now - I think we will either go forward or backward. 
This needs to be considered not about ROI only, but also risk and reward.  We should be consistently spoken about in same breath as Madrid, Munich, Juve (I agree).  It isn't only about the stadium, for sure, but there is a reason City push on, even though their ROI (if we could even compare like for like) must be unrealistic.  There is a reason Utd pushed on 20 odd years ago, and now, even if they are in a strange rut, they have the machine in place to crawl back.
The have's and have nots are separating (sadly) and we risk getting left further behind. It has been slowly happening for years and I watch it with frustration. I know that's for many reasons (non stadium related also obviously) and I also know many reasons why we take it carefully, but we must push on.   
In the end I would just love to see a load of kids coming in and bringing life and soul and energy back.  In today's Anfield this (seemingly) can't be done because we need to fully maximize the tourist dollar etc. (and I know this could/will still be the case at 65K) but it's more scope to work with.
If we only discuss on the math then you will always sort of prove me wrong (and I am sure you know exactly what I mean) - In the end we need your type of expertise and I would never leave such a decision to myself for example. FSG need to take a mix of investment and emotional/risk based gamble, this is not (just) a spreadsheet decision.

If you like but if it is 'our' money, then it's all the more important to look after it. Disasters can happen, very easily.

It's pretty easy to argue that the Emirates has been a disaster for Arsenal, not because it's new or redeveloped but because of how much they spent and what it has meant to joe public and what it has meant to Arsenal's investment in the team. City have moved on despite the stadium. The two top Spanish clubs are a very special case indeed, again where apparently money is no object.

The thing is money is an issue for UK clubs (other than City or anyone with really valuable land to sell), so the mix of investment and emotional risk is heavily skewed towards the money. Simply, 'pushing on' and building a club by 'making it big' simply won't cut the mustard. Won't put money in the player pot. Your emotion comes at the club's cost

Truth be told, there's only one club had the foresight to get this right in the UK. If you want to be in the same breath as Madrid, there's only one way to do it for us, step by step. Personally, I think we'll get there.

The club took a punt on the main stand. Knowing that if all else failed it could pay for it from existing revenue. It will only do so again when the main stand is all but bought and paid for.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:42:02 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #7825 on: May 21, 2017, 10:42:36 am »

Not necessarily. A LJMU Professor did a study a while back and said that only minor infrastructure changes would be required in the area up to a capacity of 68,000.

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #7826 on: May 21, 2017, 10:54:04 am »
If you like but if it is 'our' money, then it's all the more important to look after it. Disasters can happen, very easily.

It's pretty easy to argue that the Emirates has been a disaster for Arsenal, not because it's new or redeveloped but because of how much they spent and what it has meant to joe public and what it has meant to Arsenal's investment in the team. City have moved on despite the stadium. The two top Spanish clubs are a very special case indeed, again where apparently money is no object.

The thing is money is an issue for UK clubs (other than City or anyone with really valuable land to sell), so the mix of investment and emotional risk is heavily skewed towards the money. Simply, 'pushing on' and building a club by 'making it big' simply won't cut the mustard. Won't put money in the player pot. Your emotion comes at the club's cost

Truth be told, there's only one club had the foresight to get this right in the UK. If you want to be in the same breath as Madrid, there's only one way to do it for us, step by step. Personally, I think we'll get there.

The club took a punt on the main stand. Knowing that if all else failed it could pay for it from existing revenue. It will only do so again when the main stand is all but bought and paid for.

Hi Peter, how come you stopped your blog (or at least I can no longer find it) with your ideas for Anfield expansion etc? It was really good. I would be interested to see what you would come up with now.. a few years on now that you have seen how the main stand has been developed and what other clubs propose e.g Tottenham, Chelsea etc. What would you do with the ARE to maximise its potential to generate revenue e.g. boxes or no boxes, apartments or restaurants, retractable pitch etc and what if anything would you think about now long term with regards to the rest of Anfield or is it simply a case of when/if the ARE is done that is in essence it save for picking off area for a few seats here and there as they do at Fenway. How big would you make it/could you make it... it was originally to be an additional 4,800 but the suggestion from the club are something in excess of 62,000. Is that possible at that one end?

What do you think of the main stand, its design and how it fits in? It seems to fit with something you described about a proper football ground and imposing with a heavy roof etc... personally I really like it. Something different to the norm of most modern football stadia. Although I confess that I think that Spurs new ground could be impressive and much better than the Emirates (which I dont like).

I note that the ARE cost seems to have come down from IA saying £60 - £70m (I think he said) to more recent figures of £40- £45m - which would seem to make it a far more viable project in terms of delivering a return to enable it to pay for itself in 5 years. What do you think?

« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 10:56:37 am by Macred »

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #7827 on: May 21, 2017, 11:20:10 am »

Nonsense, it'll be nothing like a soulless bowl.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #7828 on: May 21, 2017, 12:05:17 pm »
Surely the current work that's being done behind the scenes in terms of feasibility, plans, costing, usage etc would cost as much if not a little more if they worked on a plan for the rest of the whole stadium?

Are they really going to spend all this time and once again come up with a plan just for the ARE??

Surely it would be better to say this is the long term plan...... this is what Anfield will eventually look like...... this is the long term vision for Anfield.

Either building a uber Kop at the ARE....... or a 2/3 tier end with hospitality etc, but built in a way that enables the Kenny Stand to then also be extended to 'mirror' in a way the new Main stand.

I keep thinking we could extend the top tier of the Kenny Stand back to the same height as the Main. And the extend the ends so it's the same length and have the same massive sloping roof (the same designed roof to keep cost down) so it will be a 2 tier Kenny Dalglish Stand but as high to bring everything together.

And then what long term plans for the Kop. If they get the architects to design everything then it will all be in place when the money becomes available......it's something the club can aim towards!!!!

Eventually we could see a stadium like the English Borussia Dortmunds Signal Iduna Park...... I steep intimidating football stadium.... made of 4 stands.... not a bowl with the 2nd biggest capacity behind the Mancs (not that far behind)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7829 on: May 22, 2017, 10:31:47 am »
With the expanded Main Stand our cumulative attendance this season cracked the 1m mark for the first time since 1973.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7830 on: May 22, 2017, 02:50:45 pm »
With the expanded Main Stand our cumulative attendance this season cracked the 1m mark for the first time since 1973.

...and we also now hold the record for the highest average attendance figures for a Merseyside club. Just read that on the Blue Echo website.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7831 on: May 22, 2017, 02:56:21 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-merseyside-football-history-everton-13071504

Liverpool fans didn’t just witness Jurgen Klopp’s securing Champions League football on Sunday – they also secured their place in Merseyside football history.

Another sell-out crowd of 53,191 watched the Reds beat Middlesbrough 3-0 to ensure fourth place ahead of Arsenal.

And it meant that not only did they set a new club record for an average home league attendance over the course of a season, it also surpassed Everton’s highest such mark.

The Blues’ highest average crowd was in 1962-63 when an average of 51,603 passed through the Goodison turnstiles for each game.

Liverpool’s previous best was in the 1972-73 season when they were watched by an average of 48,103.

But, thanks to the redeveloped Main Stand increasing the capacity at Anfield, that record has been smashed with this season’s average of 53,113.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7832 on: May 22, 2017, 03:05:11 pm »
We'd have smashed that record years ago if only we had the seats to cater to actual demand, too. Good to see we got there eventually. And another stat to annoy the blue banjo strummers.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #7833 on: May 22, 2017, 04:57:37 pm »
Let's not get carried away. They'll have the record back as soon as the new stadium is built.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7834 on: May 22, 2017, 05:45:06 pm »
^
Most of us will be long dead by then, so won't give a crap.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7835 on: May 22, 2017, 06:32:00 pm »
Hi Peter, how come you stopped your blog (or at least I can no longer find it) with your ideas for Anfield expansion etc? It was really good. I would be interested to see what you would come up with now.. a few years on now that you have seen how the main stand has been developed and what other clubs propose e.g Tottenham, Chelsea etc. What would you do with the ARE to maximise its potential to generate revenue e.g. boxes or no boxes, apartments or restaurants, retractable pitch etc and what if anything would you think about now long term with regards to the rest of Anfield or is it simply a case of when/if the ARE is done that is in essence it save for picking off area for a few seats here and there as they do at Fenway. How big would you make it/could you make it... it was originally to be an additional 4,800 but the suggestion from the club are something in excess of 62,000. Is that possible at that one end?

What do you think of the main stand, its design and how it fits in? It seems to fit with something you described about a proper football ground and imposing with a heavy roof etc... personally I really like it. Something different to the norm of most modern football stadia. Although I confess that I think that Spurs new ground could be impressive and much better than the Emirates (which I dont like).

I note that the ARE cost seems to have come down from IA saying £60 - £70m (I think he said) to more recent figures of £40- £45m - which would seem to make it a far more viable project in terms of delivering a return to enable it to pay for itself in 5 years. What do you think?

The main stand itself is pretty much just as I designed it except for what was done with the paddock, which I thought would be too expensive. I would have preferred to have built in the corners, which apparently was too expensive. The roof if anything is OTT. I've always said hospitality suites are more popular and profitable than boxes. I think about 60,000 is more than enough. Tottenham and Chelsea change nothing. Flattery will get you everywhere.

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #7836 on: May 22, 2017, 08:01:29 pm »
Let's not get carried away. They'll have the record back as soon as the new stadium is built.

Hmmm, maybe. I'm not sure they'd fill a 60,000 seat stadium every week, so it's by no means guaranteed.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #7837 on: May 22, 2017, 08:09:19 pm »
Hmmm, maybe. I'm not sure they'd fill a 60,000 seat stadium every week, so it's by no means guaranteed.

I thought he was being sarcastic.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #7838 on: May 22, 2017, 09:12:05 pm »
That post may have been tongue in cheek, with a dash of sarcasm.

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #7839 on: May 22, 2017, 10:57:22 pm »
That post may have been tongue in cheek, with a dash of sarcasm.

You may be right. Normally my sarcasm-meter is quite finely tuned, but it may have failed on this occasion.