Author Topic: Macbook/Macbook Pro thread  (Read 474043 times)

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Macbook/Macbook Pro thread
« Reply #280 on: August 21, 2007, 09:58:24 am »
Windows and Mac OSi are equal, they both have pro's and con's.

What makes windows better is the software available.

I will listen to no counter arguements as they are all wrong.
STFU and agree with me.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: August 21, 2007, 09:59:07 am »

But.

If.

Yeahbut.

b..
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: August 21, 2007, 10:31:04 am »
NONE
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #283 on: August 21, 2007, 10:44:42 am »

Rubbish.  Time and time again you will find the most stable versions of software (and therefore the most widely used, professionally) are on Mac.  Prime examples of these are in the Media and Audio industry.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: August 21, 2007, 11:55:22 am »
thats true, for those dozen or so applications

but not for the 20000 on windows
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #285 on: August 21, 2007, 11:57:08 am »
Rubbish.  Time and time again you will find the most stable versions of software (and therefore the most widely used, professionally) are on Mac.  Prime examples of these are in the Media and Audio industry.

You are on drugs.

You don't think businesses might need stable versions of software then?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: August 21, 2007, 11:58:15 am »
We run on windows, they crash regularly

next one should be along in 2009
STFU and agree with me.

Offline rotistgeil

• Unflabbable in the face of lesbian scenes in public park.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #287 on: August 21, 2007, 12:27:34 pm »
:lmao

Yeah, alright then. So blinded that I regularly recommend PC's on here. You've made yourself look and idiot with the Jobs/Gates comment already, I'd suggest you stop because you're becoming such an easy target that it's not even fun.

Good, because I highly doubt that you (despite your next comment of "I've used every OS for 10 years") have every used any other operating system enough to make a judgement.

Jobs has always ripped into Gates, common knowledge (nut not as bad as McNealy), he must have loved it when MS invested 150 Million, or thereabouts, in Apple, don't know why that comment would make me look like an idiot?  So you're saying Jobs respects and loves MS? Give me a break.

I used to work for Sun for 3 years, so I have used Solaris on a daily basis during that time. I have Knoppix on a CD here and have used it quite often in order to keep my Linux involvement/knowledge fresh, it's handy as it boots from the CD, so I do not have to install it.  Only used an Apple notebook with OS X for about 2 weeks (it was 10.1 I think, during a holiday), so yeah, never said I know anything about OSX but I recall it being bubbly and easy to use.

The amount of times you recommend PC's on here is probably a lot less than you going on about the greatness of Macs.  Custom title seems to fit. And I'll happily look like an idiot, it's better than looking like an obsessed twat. I have a thick skin, so target away.

Anyway, world would be boring if everyone only used one OS, so diversity is ok with me.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 12:29:06 pm by rotistgeil »

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: August 21, 2007, 12:32:02 pm »

Jobs has always ripped into Gates

Ripped into Gates?

he must have loved it when MS invested 150 Million, or thereabouts, in Apple

Yeah, he did.

So you're saying Jobs respects and loves MS?

Am I? That's not whet I'm saying at all. Actually, when did I mention Microsoft in relation to Jobs at all.

it's better than looking like an obsessed twat.

Hmmm.... Ironic.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 12:44:05 pm by Ephraim Longworth »
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

Offline rotistgeil

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #289 on: August 21, 2007, 01:38:15 pm »
Ripped into Gates?

Diss Microsoft, make comments about Microsoft, you really believe that he ever got over Microsoft running away with the home desktop market? Ok, perhaps I should have asked you: Do you believe that Jobs respects and likes MS?

I have only registered on this forum this year (Feb). I have hardly posted that much in the technology section (39 posts) or keep going on about PC's (unlike you with Apple) , so hardly obsessed am I? You on the other hand seem to driven to comment about the brilliance of Apple and their stuff "almost" every day. Certainly in the last couple of weeks.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: August 21, 2007, 02:08:26 pm »
Ok, perhaps I should have asked you

Before making up bollocks that I've said you mean? Yeah, you should. This is really fun, I don't even have to do anything to make you look daft, you're doing it yourself.

hardly obsessed am I?

When did I say you were obsessed with PC's? You're very presumptuous, but you're funny so that makes up for it.

You on the other hand seem to driven to comment about the brilliance of Apple and their stuff "almost" every day. Certainly in the last couple of weeks.

Yeah, course I have. If there is a place to comment on some of the good things apple do, then fine - I'll do that. Likewise with PC's. There are times when I sing the praises of Mac, I would be doing them in injustice if I didn't because there are a lot of things they do remarkable well and efficiently.

Here is a few quotes from me recently about how much I love Apple and hate Microsoft and Bill gates.

His charity work and attitude to his vast vast wealth is brilliant, he not only going to be seen as a massive figure in bringing a PC to every home, but a very generous and caring man, too. As Steve Jobs put it in their recent interview together: "The world's a better place because Bill realized his goal isn't to be the richest guy in the cemetery".
PC is the way forward then. A desktop with a monitor - for that price - is PC territory.
I'd say so. You will get far more "bang for your buck" (I feel dirty after saying that) at the cheaper end of the market with PC

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: August 21, 2007, 02:32:45 pm »
I saw a guy with a pc i'd be all like ripping open his mouth and shitting in his throat, I FUCKING HATE PC USERS

STFU and agree with me.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: August 21, 2007, 03:07:33 pm »
nidgemo. get your trousers round your ankles for this

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/ptech/08/08/mac-collector.ap/index.html

STFU and agree with me.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #293 on: August 21, 2007, 03:12:37 pm »

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rotistgeil

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #294 on: August 21, 2007, 03:13:42 pm »
Before making up bollocks that I've said you mean? Yeah, you should. This is really fun, I don't even have to do anything to make you look daft, you're doing it yourself.

When did I say you were obsessed with PC's? You're very presumptuous, but you're funny so that makes up for it.

Yeah, course I have. If there is a place to comment on some of the good things apple do, then fine - I'll do that. Likewise with PC's. There are times when I sing the praises of Mac, I would be doing them in injustice if I didn't because there are a lot of things they do remarkable well and efficiently.

Here is a few quotes from me recently about how much I love Apple and hate Microsoft and Bill gates.

I did not make bollocks up: So you're saying.....? Question Mark, trying to get an answer out of you whether that is perhaps the way you are thinking. You did lmao on me stating that Jobs dislikes Bill. Making bollocks up would be: You think that Jobs hates Microsoft, fact! Or something along those lines, or: "You said that Jobs hates Bill", I did neither. By placing that question mark I am covering my arse as I do not know what your thoughts are on that particular subject. See, you could have just written: No, that is not what I am saying, thinking, here are my thoughts on Jobs v Bill.

So what were you implying by the Hmm Ironic remark? Please enlighten me. One could believe that you were writing it because I called you an obsessed twat and you thought it ironic as you may believe I could be obsessed as well. Or in what other way did you mean that comment?

« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 03:19:08 pm by rotistgeil »

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: August 21, 2007, 03:16:47 pm »
To be honest, this is no fun and you're speaking pretty fucked up gibbersh.

I saw a guy with a pc i'd be all like ripping open his mouth and shitting in his throat, I FUCKING HATE PC USERS

;D

Offline rotistgeil

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #296 on: August 21, 2007, 03:22:33 pm »
To be honest, this is no fun and you're speaking pretty fucked up gibbersh.

Well, you obviously can not explain yourself and have to stick to insulting me some more, hmm, OK then.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: August 21, 2007, 03:24:05 pm »
Well, you obviously can not explain yourself and have to stick to insulting me some more, hmm, OK then.

I'm not insulting you, I think you're an upstanding member of the community,

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: August 21, 2007, 03:26:42 pm »
rotistgeil, hush would you, you're embarassing yourself
STFU and agree with me.

Offline rotistgeil

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #299 on: August 21, 2007, 03:35:44 pm »
rotistgeil, hush would you, you're embarassing yourself

In what way? By trying to correct myself when I made a mistake in trying to get my point across? Ok then, I'll lower myself to his standards:

I FUCKING HATE MAC USERS ;)

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: August 21, 2007, 03:39:34 pm »
thats the stuff, never argue with mac users, just shout at them :)
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #301 on: August 21, 2007, 04:10:05 pm »
In what way? By trying to correct myself when I made a mistake in trying to get my point across? Ok then, I'll lower myself to his standards:

I FUCKING HATE MAC USERS ;)

Mac users suck shivery dogs bottoms

Offline rotistgeil

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #302 on: August 21, 2007, 04:36:57 pm »

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: August 21, 2007, 05:13:49 pm »
Ouch, those were the days

I was going to post that video to prove your "he must have loved it when MS invested" comment wrong. You seem to have done it yourself, though.

Offline rotistgeil

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #304 on: August 21, 2007, 06:29:04 pm »
Oh, he really must have loved it, jumped at the chance. The crowd took it ever so well. Partly rescued by the old enemy, great stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79AC1NWvlkc

This sort of video probably makes the average Apple guy happy as well.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: August 21, 2007, 06:32:00 pm »
Oh, he really must have loved it, jumped at the chance.

If he didn't want to do it, he wouldn't have done it. It's quite simple.

The crowd took it ever so well.

You didn't say anything about the crowd, or Mac users.

Partly rescued by the old enemy, great stuff!

Did you even listen to what he has to say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79AC1NWvlkc
This sort of video probably makes the average Apple guy happy as well.

Why would that bother anyone (think your answer through, that's the best advice I'll give you) because if it's not any better than the very boring and downbeaten theory that you can just put it on and laugh because we've paid £70000000000 for out realllly slow macs and this guy has paid 40p for the worlds fastest pc with Mac on - then don't bother.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 06:34:14 pm by Ephraim Longworth »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: August 21, 2007, 07:44:00 pm »
Anyway, I'd still choose Ubuntu over OSX if I want to go the Unix way.

I don't think I'd get anything done at all if I installed Ubuntu :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5aoomR7yW8&NR=1

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: August 21, 2007, 07:58:48 pm »
I don't think I'd get anything done at all if I installed Ubuntu :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5aoomR7yW8&NR=1

Taking the GUI to a whole new level of pointlessness, aren't they.

Offline rotistgeil

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #308 on: August 21, 2007, 08:04:24 pm »
If he didn't want to do it, he wouldn't have done it. It's quite simple.

You didn't say anything about the crowd, or Mac users.

Did you even listen to what he has to say.

Why would that bother anyone (think your answer through, that's the best advice I'll give you) because if it's not any better than the very boring and downbeaten theory that you can just put it on and laugh because we've paid £70000000000 for out realllly slow macs and this guy has paid 40p for the worlds fastest pc with Mac on - then don't bother.

Think that he did not have that much choice to be honest. Apple were rock bottom at the time and hooking up with MS was a good strategic move. And it worked, didn't it? 10 Years on and Apple is healthy (by their own doing after the kickstart just to make you happy, OK ;))

That OSX on PC video just shows that it is possible to run OSX on a PC. Means that I do not have to go via Apple to get OSX on my PC, it had nothing to do with speed IMO, just that he got it working, it's not that easy though. I do not believe that Apple would like to see this on too many PC's though, can't be good for their own hardware business.  I mean Jobs himself said it: "It's about the software". If us PC users could easily install OSX on our PC's, well it would not paint a pretty picture for the computers from Apple.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6922443951464729801&hl=en

That is pretty cool though, even taking the 300 dollars out of the equation or his slight misunderstanding that the Mac pro uses 2 x dual core Xeon CPU's but it is impressive nonetheless.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 08:10:10 pm by rotistgeil »

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: August 21, 2007, 08:16:36 pm »
it's not that easy though.

You're right there. It's also Illegal. Certainly not something many people will do.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: August 21, 2007, 08:19:24 pm »
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6922443951464729801&hl=en

That is pretty cool though, even taking the 300 dollars out of the equation or his slight misunderstanding that the Mac pro uses 2 x dual core Xeon CPU's but it is impressive nonetheless.

Oh and no, I think he is talking utter bollocks. The funniest part is where he says the Mac Pro doesn't even have usb 2.0.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 08:23:33 pm by Ephraim Longworth »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: August 21, 2007, 08:20:31 pm »

Well... yes, but it's pretty nifty. Being able to pull the window down like a piece of fabric is fabulously executed.

The spinning cube thing with all sides of being different parts of the desktop would confuse me I reckon, the rain on the desktop might get old pretty quick.

I'd still love to have a mess with it.

If I have the time I might try install it on this, cos it needs to be formatted anyway.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: August 21, 2007, 08:24:44 pm »
You're right there. It's also Illegal. Certainly not something many people will do.

How come it's illegal? Not that I'd bother my arse, but if I went to a shop and bought OSX legally, and then tried to install it on a PC, how could it be illegal? Does their license agreement say it can only be installed on Apple hardware?

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: August 21, 2007, 08:24:52 pm »
Well... yes, but it's pretty nifty. Being able to pull the window down like a piece of fabric is fabulously executed.

Don't get me wrong, some of it is awesome and ultra geeky... just pointless.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: August 21, 2007, 08:27:38 pm »
How come it's illegal? Not that I'd bother my arse, but if I went to a shop and bought OSX legally, and then tried to install it on a PC, how could it be illegal? Does their license agreement say it can only be installed on Apple hardware?

Well firstly you have to hack it to bits to get it to work on non apple hardware - illegal.

Secondly... I'm not sure of the secondly part yet.

EDIT: after a quick google, I think it is part of the agreement. I could look through mine but... ya know.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 08:31:08 pm by Ephraim Longworth »

Offline rotistgeil

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #315 on: August 21, 2007, 08:32:21 pm »

Illegal makes it that more exciting!

If Apple would do a 3 D desktop like that, Mac users would hail it as the next best thing, btw i just watched this: http://movies.apple.com/movies/us/apple/mac/macosx/2007/wwdc/apple-leopard-desktop_iref.mov

Uhm: Drag any item close to the dock and it is actually reflected on the new floor, WOW  :butt :lmao yeah, that is like so important, hahaha that is talking about a totally useless feature. You were saying about pointlessness?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 08:35:48 pm by rotistgeil »

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: August 21, 2007, 08:36:45 pm »
Illegal makes it that more exciting!

If Apple would do a 3 D desktop like that, Mac users would hail it as the next best thing, btw i just watched this: http://movies.apple.com/movies/us/apple/mac/macosx/2007/wwdc/apple-leopard-desktop_iref.mov

Uhm: Drag any item close to the dock and it is actually reflected on the dock, WOW  :butt :lmao yeah, that is like so important, hahaha that is talking about a totally useless feature. You were saying about pointlessness?

Now review my obsessed comment. It will perhaps make more sense to you.

A little bit of eye candy is unimportant and useless, the while OS isn't based on that one reflexetion though (as for the wow comment, yeah, it's quite an achievement to get core technology to a stage where you can get real time reflections like that). But then I never said everything had to have a point or that the pointless wobbly windows were not awesome... actually I said the opposite.

You seem to think that "you were saying about pointless" dig is a dig at me. I'm not apple, incase you hadn't noticed. Time to take your head out of your arsehole.

Offline rotistgeil

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #317 on: August 21, 2007, 08:53:39 pm »
I'm just loving this. As soon as Apple do something useless you go into a defence mode and the ubuntu feature actually looks like a nifty, quick change of windows type feature. You click on the screen and turn the cube to the next window.

Seems like an efficient way of working on the desktop, in our lifetime we might be able do this on touchscreens (like that windows touchscreen that was posted on here not that long ago), so it could be a useful, quicker way to change windows. But allright, you think it's pointless. Reflective docks certainly are just a nice touch, eye candy, like you said but utterly pointless.

You're not Apple? You don't say!

Time to take your head out of your arsehole.

Ditto

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #318 on: August 21, 2007, 08:55:02 pm »
Guys. Come on. Shake hands. Move on.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #319 on: August 23, 2007, 12:30:32 pm »
I'm posting from a MacBook. This is seriously odd. I fear change.  :-\