Author Topic: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC  (Read 232473 times)

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC
« on: May 9, 2019, 11:23:01 am »
LFC v THFC. A few simple letters that state a fact, but a fact so full of feelings and bewilderment. It ought to have been BCL v AJX. It probably ought to have been BCL v MCFC. I see the burgermeisters of UEFA also had both Spanish clubs in opposite sides of the draw for a Barca/Real final.

But its not. No, it is not.

So here it is. Some of us would have preferred to have taken on Ajax. Some of us will be delighted with Spurs. But whatever happens, all of us are delighted, astonished and ecstatic to be there. These are the days my friends that Liverpool live for.

The Barca match is one of the few occasions in my life where the scoreline made sense and yet was completely mad all at the same time. Incredible in both senses of the word. In all senses of the word. Both emotions co-existing simultaneously. It shouldn't have happened but I wasn't surprised. I can't happen but I expected it. It wasn't the Kop, it wasn't the occasion, it wasn't our history, not the ghosts of Davey Fairclough and Vladimir Smicer: it was a 20 year old scally who passed the ball for a laugh from the corner to Origi when no one else was watching and we're 4-0 up. It was Milner playing in every position, Henderson on one leg. Shaqiri probably having his worst first half in a long time.

It was a lad from Giffnock who was playing for Hull City 2 years ago rubbing the head of the best player in the world.

The GOAT had been shepherded.

It was an sub angry at being a sub scoring two goals in the same minutes two of the goals in Istanbul were scored. And so it goes.

Fuck Suarez, the chubby Freddie Mercury. We love our own, and if you leave with grace we'll love you more. But shit on our doorstep, take our history and culture and abuse it, use it for your own ends, and we'll call you a cheat.

Anyway enough about that other Spanish team, we're off to the other Spanish team's house for a final against Spurs. This makes me nervous. I'd rather be beaten by a team with a long European heritage full of foreigners. I am, of course, aware of the irony. But I'm always always nervous.

But whatever, for once we will probably be the favourites. But you know what? Why not? We beat one of the best teams in the world with one of best players in the world to get there. We deserve to be there. So lets fuck 'em. Lets go out and beat them heavily. Enjoy our football.

These are the days my friends. These. Are. The Days.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2019, 11:35:18 am by Hinesy »
Yep.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
Re: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC
« Reply #1 on: May 9, 2019, 11:24:31 am »
Well I was surprised by the result - I thought it would be Ajax we would be meeting in the Final. Credit to Spurs.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #2 on: May 9, 2019, 11:28:50 am »
we'll do these, much rather play them then the tricky Ajax!

3-1 to the mighty reds!

Offline medicineboy

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: May 9, 2019, 11:30:48 am »
I'm heading to Madrid for this. I booked flights to Faro straight after the match and getting a camper van up to Madrid with me brother. Not gonna get in the stadium but I gotta be in the city to paint the town red for the lads.

Bit gutted at not getting to hang out with a bunch of Dutch lads to be honest but it is what it is. Never been near the spurs match going crowd. What are they like in general, say in comparison to say Chelsea for example? Are things likely to get hairy over there? I'd prefer to just avoid all that kind of noise if possible. Anyone any advice?

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 9, 2019, 11:38:00 am »
They’re a good side, we’re an elite one. If we play anywhere near the level we’re capable of then I think we’ll just have too much for them.

It won’t be easy, but we never do things the easy way anyway.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 9, 2019, 11:39:32 am »
Jürgen just needs to hold up the runners-up medal from last year in the dressing room before the game. That's the only team talk needed. The players aren't coming back in with another one around their necks. It doesn't matter who we play in the final, the lads didn't go through all that shit last final and this season for nothing.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vb82tmqrVjA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vb82tmqrVjA</a>

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 9, 2019, 11:42:14 am »
I am expecting a full rollecoster of emotions dramas and twists. They're a good side with qualities that can hurt us, but then again we're a top side, and we've shown what we're capable of doing. We are hugely motivated, as are they but us more so after last year, we got the anger the determination the fight, and the quality to get this done but in a one off match anything can happen.

I hate playing English sides in European competition, and this being a final, makes it even worse.

But the lads have been fighting all year, they're fucking mentality monsters as Kloppo says, we've gone through every acid test this year. I believe in this club in these players in this manager, and I every single one of them will be burning with desire to getting things right this year in Madrid.

Lets hope everything goes the right way for us, and I am looking forward to Salah taking this chance to make things right, along with the rest of our lads.

Lets' fucking do this!

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #7 on: May 9, 2019, 11:45:45 am »
Hopefully Bobby makes it
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #8 on: May 9, 2019, 11:46:35 am »
These are certainly the days.

For all those dissecting whether they preferred Spurs or Ajax (and I include myself) just remember before KO on Tuesday if someone had asked you who you would prefer in the final. You wouldn`t have given a shiny shite my friends.

Europe has woken up to the fact that the European juggernaut that is LFC has awoken from it's slumber and is here to conquer all. We ain`t going anywhere. Let's go and do this and bring number 6 home.

Allez Allez Allez
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 9, 2019, 11:47:33 am »
Never been near the spurs match going crowd. What are they like in general, say in comparison to say Chelsea for example? Are things likely to get hairy over there? I'd prefer to just avoid all that kind of noise if possible. Anyone any advice?

The only Spurs fan I know is a complete arse to be honest. He has an insane hatred of Liverpool fans, although he claims not to mind the team, however he was extremely racist about Salah yesterday. He also brought up both Heysel and Hillsborough yesterday for no reason at all. 
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 9, 2019, 11:48:21 am »
Lovely Mr H. :)

We have faced our biggest fears already and transcended them, I think. A team that's able to play the situation in front of them with more calm and ruthlessness than any of us could muster for them while wielding a Playstation controller.

Vertonghen's got suspected ligament damage.
Kane won't be sharp.

The better side on that half of the draw went out last night. We'll find a way. :)
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 9, 2019, 11:50:32 am »
These are certainly the days.

For all those dissecting whether they preferred Spurs or Ajax (and I include myself) just remember before KO on Tuesday if someone had asked you who you would prefer in the final. You wouldn`t have given a shiny shite my friends.

Europe has woken up to the fact that the European juggernaut that is LFC has awoken from it's slumber and is here to conquer all. We ain`t going anywhere.

"Shiney shite" ha ha! ;D
Yep.

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #12 on: May 9, 2019, 11:57:50 am »
I am expecting a full rollecoster of emotions dramas and twists. They're a good side with qualities that can hurt us, but then again we're a top side, and we've shown what we're capable of doing. We are hugely motivated, as are they but us more so after last year, we got the anger the determination the fight, and the quality to get this done but in a one off match anything can happen.

I hate playing English sides in European competition, and this being a final, makes it even worse.

But the lads have been fighting all year, they're fucking mentality monsters as Kloppo says, we've gone through every acid test this year. I believe in this club in these players in this manager, and I every single one of them will be burning with desire to getting things right this year in Madrid.

Lets hope everything goes the right way for us, and I am looking forward to Salah taking this chance to make things right, along with the rest of our lads.

Lets' fucking do this!

I agree. I was delighted that this might actually be the first season in a long time that we don't have to play an english team in the entire competition! To me Liverpool/Ajax seemed like a more "traditional" European cup final.  :no
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #13 on: May 9, 2019, 11:59:37 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeyHPAdxuy0

on loop for the next 3 weeks  :scarf

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 9, 2019, 12:01:22 pm »
This is where we add number 6. Last year was all part of the preparation. Our quality and experience will overcome Spurs in what will likely be a close game.

Online Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: May 9, 2019, 12:09:26 pm »
I just long for a nice comfortable 3-0 win, with Spurs playing crap etc...you know with us though any win would follow 90 or 120 minutes of fluctuating emotions, a roller coaster ride.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: May 9, 2019, 12:14:43 pm »
Just win, don't give a shit who we play. Can see the arguments about avoiding English teams but if you had offered me Spurs at the start of the season I would have bitten your hand off.

Most likely they will have Mouth Breather, Winks and Aurier back so both teams are likely going to be pretty much full strength. Hopefully Bobby and Robbo are fit enough by the time the match comes by.

Was our Final last year free on the BT website? Not sure I want to be streaming this on my phone.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 9, 2019, 12:19:08 pm »
I wanted Ajax for the glamour tie - a proper European team with pedigree, doing things the right way. Would have been a great showcase for football and only football.

Feels a bit anti-climatic at the moment but Spurs absolutely deserve to be there though and all credit to them for doing so. They always run us close so it'll be a tight 'un!

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 9, 2019, 12:22:57 pm »
I know we've got Wolves on Sunday, but this is all I can think about.

Was gutted when Moura got the third last night. I've been concerned about Ajax ever since the Madrid result - they reminded me of us last year, young, fearless, skilled. After 60/70 minutes of last night though I was praying they could hold on. The amount of space Spurs were finding wide and in-front of their defence was incredible. I was imagining Mane and Salah playing them with Bobby pulling the strings and feeling more confident than ever we'd be bringing number 6 home.

Spurs is, with exception of City, the worst match-up in Europe for us I think. They're the best side, other than City, to come to Anfield and, while there were reasons for us being open in that match, they were excellent in the second half and could feel hard done by with a draw, let alone the loss they got. If they go in with a fully fit squad it's going to be a real, real test. A strong CB pairing, strength and stamina in defensive midfield and a variety of attacking players with pace, guile and finishing ability. The thought of us defending a one nil lead versus Kane flanked by Son and Moura with Alli and Eriksson behind (can never spell his name) has me nervous already.

But then I remember. We have Virgil Van Dijk. We have Allison. We'll have a fit Mane and Mo. We have two of the best full backs on the planet. We have Matip in incredible form. We have strength, stamina, skill and tactical intelligence throughout midfield. We have Jurgen Klopp. We also have pain. We have a sense of a wrong to put right. Whatever I, we, you think of Spurs, this Liverpool team will be viewing them as team in the way of their main goal this season. These lads were devastated by the result in Kiev. They've been planning on putting it right all season. Spurs will be motivated, they will have desire and drive. They might match us for that, might. But they won't beat it.

A fit, motivated, prepared Liverpool team is one of the top three teams in the world. If we play to our potential, we win this match, regardless of what level Spurs hit.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: May 9, 2019, 12:26:01 pm »
We are the better team - the hurt and disappointment of last year means these players will just not accept another defeat after ending up here again

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 9, 2019, 12:26:38 pm »
I booked flights back in December (a risk that has massively paid off, looking at flight prices now!).

End of the day, our quality and experience will shine through. Come on Redmen, onto number 6 we go........

"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 9, 2019, 12:27:08 pm »
Im Gutted it's not Ajax, they are one of the great names in world football and i have a soft spot for them, would have been nice to see them in a CL final again.

The final of the net spend kings is what it should be dubbed.

The boys in red want this trophy so bad to wipe Kiev out of the consciousness.

We have the upper hand through experience being in recnet European finals and we are on a mission after what happened in Kiev.

I think it will be like the 2000 final of  Real Madrid v Valancia.

Also i'm glad we have Var in the final to counter their shit house tactics of diving in the penalty area.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #22 on: May 9, 2019, 12:31:25 pm »
The only Spurs fan I know is a complete arse to be honest. He has an insane hatred of Liverpool fans, although he claims not to mind the team, however he was extremely racist about Salah yesterday. He also brought up both Heysel and Hillsborough yesterday for no reason at all.
So he's a moron.

The two Spurs supporters in my office are decent enough thank goodness.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #23 on: May 9, 2019, 12:31:56 pm »
Hope Kane is fit to start.
Hope Vertongen isn't

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #24 on: May 9, 2019, 12:35:49 pm »
But whatever, for once we will probably be the favourites. But you know what? Why not? We beat one of the best teams in the world with one of best players in the world to get there. We deserve to be there. So lets fuck 'em. Lets go out and beat them heavily. Enjoy our football.

These are the days my friends. These. Are. The Days.
I totally agree with embracing our status as favourites. I wrote this elsewhere but it obviously belongs here, too:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you’ll allow me the indulgence, I’d like to take a moment to look ahead to the final, and to tell you what I’d like to see there.

I’d like to see us be the favourites.

What do I mean by that?

I mean that I would like us…

• to believe that we are the better team.
  • to use our greater experience.
  • to play like the trophy is destined to be ours.

Let’s think, for a minute, about how we’ve lost finals before, and how teams have beaten us. In particular, look at what Real did to us. Real – the cynical, white-shirted manifestation of the cold reality of greater power. The instantiation of superiority.

• They stayed tight.
  • They let us expend our energy.
  • They did not get caught up in the emotion of the occasion.
  • They were, above all, ruthless.

No matter what happens, our opponents will be not just first timers, but first timers with the added ‘what a dream to even be here’ factor that we had last season. They will have a certain freedom because of that. They will have nothing to lose.

So how do we take a team with nothing to lose, and make sure that they lose everything, nonetheless?

We become that bastard, stubborn, resolute and impossible to breach Liverpool that’s been so dominant this season. We spoil, we ruin, we let them expend their energy. We understand that the longer the game remains even, the more likely we are to win it. We understand that the more they come at us, the more likely they are to be open at the back. We realise that teams are often at their most vulnerable when they’re at their most positive – a counter attack, a cool finish, a ‘first chance of the night against the run of play’ taken, and reality comes crashing in on the power of hope and dream.

And then, if they have any fight left in them, we take the sting out of the game. We keep possession when necessary. Take the ball when necessary. Defend deep when necessary. Foul the young ingenue out of the game when necessary. We do whatever is necessary. And when our opponent pauses, in the flurry of his youthful intensity, that’s when we plunge our hidden knife deep, deep, deep into a heart that was just not broken enough to fight men like us.

And our hand of death, in twisting the knife, will show every bit of the hard-won skill and ability which lies behind our ruthlessness.

The crushing embrace of inevitability overcomes them. An Icarussing of our opponents: “Who were we, to reach so high? Did we really dare to raise ourselves to the redness of that Liverpool sun? How nice to have flown, but how inevitable that our pale wings should melt, and we should come crashing down into the sea, here, where it’s cool. Here, where gravity doesn’t pull us down anymore. Here, where we belong.”

We do that not because we are cruel – but because this is not a game to us. This is not a beautiful journey. This is who we are. This is what we do.

This is our destiny.

Dreams are beautiful. Dreams give you wings.

But destiny is the sun.

And the sun is red.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2019, 12:38:34 pm by hesbighesred »
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: May 9, 2019, 12:40:10 pm »
Rather odd seeing Spurs in a CL final. Feels a bit like we're playing a League Cup final.

Initially was down at the thought of facing Spurs. I wanted Ajax for the romantic nature of the game and also match-up wise, they are far easier.

A few hours later and truth is, it's a great opportunity. Any of the recent winners would have dealt with playing Spurs in a CL final with a victory. We should be doing the same. All of our lads need to stand up and show themselves. We're the better team and we need to come out, chests out and show that on the day.

Experience of the build-up last year will help the players a lot. Out of their lot only Lloris has ever played a game of this magnitude. The occasion can get to them. Especially from the start. When it comes to games like this, a lot of it comes down to character. Of course all about talent, but character is a big thing in a showpiece final like this. They have some strong characters in their squad, but also a few weak links in their line-up. The likes of Trippier and Rose are two we should be looking to exploit for an occasion like this.

The next three weeks are going to take an age!

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27 on: May 9, 2019, 12:40:30 pm »
Another English team in the final, Klopps piss poor record in finals. Hopefully this is the time to turn a final into a win for him. Thankfully no Moreno, Mignolet or Karius to fuck this one up for him.

Tricky game but if we play well our best is better than Spurs best.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 9, 2019, 12:41:56 pm »
Like many have said Spurs deserve to be in the final. Fair enough they rode their chances against City but if you look at the two legs against Ajax Spurs were probably the better team and constantly drove through the midfield.

Both teams get a rest although I often think that can be a negative when you lack the match sharpness.

When its another top premier team for a European final I always feel it can be a damp squid and utter attrition - Man v Chelsea, the Madrid finals. Boring and not great for the neutrals.

Spurs have got that momentum - almost out in the group stage, almost out till VAR and the last kick against Ajax. Not quite us in 2005 but momentum can sometimes get you over the line...... many of us thought that last year and look what happened there.

You can't read anything in the two games we've had against them in the league - we were far superior in the game at Wembley but they caused so many problems at Anfield with us chasing the title. Best to erase those from the memory and form book.

One off game and very equally balanced.

Losing Keita is a blow although I don't think he would have played anyway. Firmino ought to be back.

Don't see us pressing as its not been klopp this season till the Barca game so it could be a very turgid game decided by one goal.

We've come through our own group of death and we're hitting excellent form save for that result in the camp nou where the score flattered them - thats PSG, Napoli, Porto, Bayern and Barca - equally as impressive if not more than Spurs. We've also been to two European finals under Klopp and you feel as though third time lucky for us. Don't think the occasion will get to us and the only way we lose is we beat ourselves but there has been little evidence of unforced errors particularly with that back line of Fab, VVD and Becker - that is truly world class.

Might be prudent to keep off the web as all we'll hear about is Kane for the next 3 weeks.

Just heard Vertongehn left on crutches and a boot last night so he might be a doubt for the final.

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #29 on: May 9, 2019, 12:43:01 pm »
Im Gutted it's not Ajax, they are one of the great names in world football and i have a soft spot for them, would have been nice to see them in a CL final again.

The final of the net spend kings is what it should be dubbed.

The boys in red want this trophy so bad to wipe Kiev out of the consciousness.

We have the upper hand through experience being in recnet European finals and we are on a mission after what happened in Kiev.

I think it will be like the 2000 final of  Real Madrid v Valancia.

Also i'm glad we have Var in the final to counter their shit house tactics of diving in the penalty area.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. A talented side (both that Valencia side and Spurs) and a close final but ultimately we will have too much (hopefully).

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #30 on: May 9, 2019, 12:47:10 pm »
It's like the all-German 2013 final all over again, only this time Klopp is in the red corner, or the Bayern-like side if you so wish. Our team structure reminds me so much of Heynckes' incredible team that year that also knocked Barcelona over 4-0 at home in the semis. They also came from a devastating final loss the year before in the cruelest of manners, when they tore Chelsea down completely but made a clinic of misses. On the other hand, Dortmund ran Bayern damn close in that domestic final and had it not been for a Lewandowski foul prior to smacking home a long-ranger in the second half, Klopp might have won that one against the odds.

This is only the second time this decade we've finished above them in the league, they're an incredibly annoying side to play against and deal with, so maximum focus is all that counts. If they'll field Kane they'll have a difficult decision to make whether they'll sacrifice either Moura or one of Wanyama/Sissoko. If they have very little protection for their back four, while our midfield runs around like busy beevers all night I think we're bound to get a possession advantage while the game is still 0-0. After that, it's all about taking the chances. They're massively vulnerable at their wing-backs, Trippier and Rose are competent players, no doubt, but that position is not what separates Spurs from say Leicester. That's where I think we can overload them.

I've a bit of a cautious feeling about this, after all this whole decade they've always overachieved and had plenty of luck, but at least or record versus them is rather good. Hopefully we get an early chance through high pressing, take it and then they'll have to open themselves up.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2019, 12:49:27 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #31 on: May 9, 2019, 12:48:37 pm »
So he's a moron.

The two Spurs supporters in my office are decent enough thank goodness.

I'd say they're the least twatish of all the London clubs from my experience.

In real life that is. Online we're all as bigger dicks as each other.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: May 9, 2019, 12:49:42 pm »
Just hit me that we could have 6 European cups. Can go ahead of the likes of Bayern and Barca, just one behind Milan. Not to mention doubling the mancs tally.
We are European Royalty.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #33 on: May 9, 2019, 12:49:49 pm »
Hopefully Bobby makes it

I'll be in a minority I guess when I say I hope both teams are at their strongest.

Boss game of togger that.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #34 on: May 9, 2019, 12:51:42 pm »
So, the RAY CLEMENCE FINAL it is then.

Quite fittingly it will be a keeper who will become the hero too as I can't see past a penalty shootout again!

The past two European Finals are going to serve us well in this one.  The experience and hurt in those two will drive us on.

Going to be a rollercoaster ride but I'm loving it.

We're going into a European Cup final and final day of the league season with the chance of a double.  It's like the 70s and 80s again!  Ignore United fans claiming that this is a lucky perfect season for us, it's bullshit.  This is going to be the norm for us now for at least the next five years.  And whatever happens on June 1st, would any of you bet against us being back again in the Ataturk next season.  We're on the march.

Good times!

Enjoy.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2019, 12:58:13 pm by Red_Rich »
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: May 9, 2019, 12:55:52 pm »
From doubters to believers

From glorious runners up to champions of Europe

This is the night

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: May 9, 2019, 12:56:53 pm »
So, the RAY CLEMENCE FINAL it is then.

Quite fittingly it will be a keeper who will become the hero too as I can't see past a penalty shootout again!

Me too.  Gonna be like the 08 final (hopefully with a Spurs playing falling over and missing a pelanty).

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: May 9, 2019, 01:01:27 pm »
Still can't quite believe so many people thinking Ajax would be easier  :o

Was open to anyone winning last night as both would be tough in different ways but easier? No.

Bayern draws may have been lucky, even twating Madrid may have been a fluke, but then Juve, completely tearing them apart, then doing Spurs a number at home. Plus the fact they are young and have no fear clearly, heritage behind them, all that belief from knocking out those giants and not by a small margin either. Some people think that would be the easy tie?? No chance.

Ajax would offer more of the unknown, I'm not sure which would be 'easier' but now we have spurs the positives are they are vulnerable, been beat about 13 fucking times so far this season! Including us twice! Plus we could have beaten them about 1-5 at their ground.

No matter, our team will be ready to tear down walls after the experience last year. They've been all waiting 12 months for this I bet they can't fucking wait.

Offline De La Goal

• Anny Roader
  • Me, Myself and LFC
« Reply #38 on: May 9, 2019, 01:02:45 pm »
Never been near the spurs match going crowd. What are they like in general, say in comparison to say Chelsea for example?

I lived in London for 10 years in the 90s and 00s and went to pretty much all the London away games. White Hart Lane was one of my favourite grounds to visit. Respectful stewarding, reasonable seats and never any hassle from home fans when I was walking back along Seven Sisters Road.

Quite a cultured lot, as you'll have gathered from the cheese room in the new place. The ones I know are just over the moon to have made their first-ever final, against the odds.

Stamford Bridge on the other hand - least said, the better.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #39 on: May 9, 2019, 01:03:24 pm »

Yeah that’s got nothing to do with football or Spurs fan - he’s just an complete ass.

Living in essex I know plenty and most of them are sound. I’ve spoke to a few and although they are over the moon to reach the final, they are gutted that it’s against us.

I think it’ll be a good game with no issues between the supporters. I’d rather of played Ajax I’ll be honest just because of how they play I think we could exploit them easily, but whilst Spurs are a good side, the spirit and fight we have shown this season and the scenes on Tuesday make me extremely confident.

If we don’t win the title this weekend, combine that with the loss in last years final and the team talk is basically written already