Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool, Fabio Carvalho  (Read 123321 times)

Offline Red Dane

• Kopite
  • Probinate nobis similibusque
Re: Welcome to Liverpool, Fabio Carvalho
« Reply #760 on: May 30, 2023, 06:45:08 pm »
moneyball transfer
Every power draws its ultimate consequences at every moment. Supposing that this also is only interpretation-and you will be eager enough to make this objection?-well, so much the better. (Nietzsche; Beyond Good & Evil, p. 30-31).

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #761 on: May 31, 2023, 02:42:12 am »
moneyball transfer
Yes. Cheap potential.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #763 on: June 30, 2023, 04:16:02 pm »
Loan to RB Leipzig is now official

https://twitter.com/RBLeipzig/status/1674760169895362564?s=20

https://twitter.com/RBLeipzig/status/1674791705105809410?s=20

Bit of a strange deal for RB to do.

Without a way of making the deal permanent, you would think RB would prefer to give the development time to one of their players.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #764 on: June 30, 2023, 04:21:12 pm »
Bit of a strange deal for RB to do.

Without a way of making the deal permanent, you would think RB would prefer to give the development time to one of their players.

Nothing to stop them trying to sign him next summer. They are happy to do this, then it’s another sign Liverpool and the RB clubs have a solid relationship.

It’ll actually be a big test for him this, which is good.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #765 on: June 30, 2023, 04:27:48 pm »
Potentially fills the gap left by Szoboszlai.  Interested to see how he gets on.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #766 on: June 30, 2023, 04:45:58 pm »
Why they got our boy doing keepy uppies in oversized pyjamas, surely we got a 100k for allowing this to happen
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: June 30, 2023, 05:06:24 pm »
all the best for the young lad. hopefully he can impress there.

as things remain fluid, there just might be a chance he comes back and become a hit with our new tactical set up.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #768 on: June 30, 2023, 05:52:57 pm »
Nothing to stop them trying to sign him next summer. They are happy to do this, then it’s another sign Liverpool and the RB clubs have a solid relationship.

It’ll actually be a big test for him this, which is good.

Yeh, I think it is a pretty ideal move for Carvalho if he can get the game time.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #769 on: June 30, 2023, 05:58:00 pm »
Good luck to him & hope he can return and be a success here.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #770 on: June 30, 2023, 07:12:30 pm »
Worth buying him just for kickstarting the dialogue with Leipzig. They’re turning into a good little feeder system for us.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #771 on: June 30, 2023, 07:15:52 pm »
Definitely wangled a first refusal at least under the radar as park of this Szoboszlai deal

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #772 on: June 30, 2023, 07:53:38 pm »
Definitely wangled a first refusal at least under the radar as park of this Szoboszlai deal
Not a chance. They are taking us to the cleaners, 60m in a lump sum. Had they agreed a breakdown in payments, then that would make sense.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: June 30, 2023, 08:18:25 pm »
Not a chance. They are taking us to the cleaners, 60m in a lump sum. Had they agreed a breakdown in payments, then that would make sense.

Why are they taking us to the cleaners? One of the top young talents in Europe? A player coveted by Newcastle (maybe even Coty)?

Mason fucking Mount is costing more or less this much at 3x the wages.

This is a good deal for us.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #774 on: June 30, 2023, 08:21:33 pm »
60 million for Sobby is not being "taken to the cleaners" at all. 

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: June 30, 2023, 08:22:02 pm »
Sure but they're not doing us a deal, we're just triggering a clause, I think that's what he meant.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #776 on: June 30, 2023, 08:22:56 pm »
We pay too much we don't pay enough, we get players we don't get players.

People are never happy. Wow.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #777 on: June 30, 2023, 08:30:11 pm »
60 million for Sobby is not being "taken to the cleaners" at all. 
I said in a lump sum, that's taking to the cleaners. The overall price seems fine, I agree with the several responses. But the amortization of his fee will put us in a disadvantage when looking to sign other players, and we need a significant rebuild. We wouldn't need to spend similar money next year.

Sure but they're not doing us a deal, we're just triggering a clause, I think that's what he meant.
Yes, fine. But read what I replied to - Carvalho sweetening the pot, essentially.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 08:33:15 pm by farawayred »

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: June 30, 2023, 08:34:31 pm »
I said in a lump sum, that's taking to the cleaners. The overall price seems fine, but the amortization of his fee will put us in a disadvantage when looking to sign other players, and we need a significant rebuild. We wouldn't need to spend similar money next year.

The amortization of his fee is unrelated to the payment structure. It would be over the length of the contract (to a max of 5 years), whether Liverpool paid the fee in one go or over 10 years.

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: June 30, 2023, 08:36:18 pm »
I said in a lump sum, that's taking to the cleaners. The overall price seems fine, but the amortization of his fee will put us in a disadvantage when looking to sign other players, and we need a significant rebuild. We wouldn't need to spend similar money next year.

Amortization is dependent on the contract length, not how it's funded.

Paying a cash lump upfront affects cash flow and would impact other signing's in the window unless LFC's lump payment has been funded by alternative sources, for example, a factoring entity rather than from cash resources or LFC's loan facility

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: June 30, 2023, 08:39:38 pm »
OK, it's clear that I'm not a financial guru. I'm just saying that paying this summer, 60m for him and 35 for AMA (also upfront, I believe), plus the several other players we need to strengthen, we'll probably spend close to 120m or more. Instead of spreading the players cost over more manageable payments. FSG don't seem to splash the cash like United always and Arsenal now.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: June 30, 2023, 08:45:13 pm »
Kind of a surprising deal, Carvalho is obviously very talented and I could absolutely see them buying him, but loaning with no guarantee that they'll keep him seems like an unusual step for Leipzig.

I wonder if Carvalho has perhaps shown enough eagerness to go there that they think after a good loan spell he'd push for a permanent deal? Probably good for all parties in that case, he gets to play at a high level, Leipzig get to sell the club to him and we likely end up with a player who's worth a lot more.

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: June 30, 2023, 08:51:11 pm »
OK, it's clear that I'm not a financial guru. I'm just saying that paying this summer, 60m for him and 35 for AMA (also upfront, I believe), plus the several other players we need to strengthen, we'll probably spend close to 120m or more. Instead of spreading the players cost over more manageable payments. FSG don't seem to splash the cash like United always and Arsenal now.

The two transactions, being one's where we activated release clauses, are cash heavy upfront. 
We've probably funded it via a factoring entity, at a cost in the longer term, but preserving our ability to do other deal's in this window, if we so choose.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #783 on: June 30, 2023, 09:06:28 pm »
Doubt he plays for us again to be honest, never know like.  Hope he does well there, he's got talent, but always seemed an incongruous fit with us.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: July 24, 2023, 06:44:23 pm »
Definitely not a Kloppo signing it seems.

https://twitter.com/ManuelVeth/status/1683524348127350784

Fábio Carvalho when he asked whether Klopp gave him any advice on joining #RBLeipzig:

“I don’t really speak to him, to be fair. He didn’t really give me any advice. I just had to learn as I go, and I feel that is better for me to mature anyway.

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: July 24, 2023, 07:00:39 pm »
Definitely not a Kloppo signing it seems.

https://twitter.com/ManuelVeth/status/1683524348127350784

Seems a media twisted post on the first read. I don't think it's as bad as it sounds unless we have video of this interview. I mean if it's true, his attitude needs work and based on this, either in Leipzig or the next club.
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #786 on: July 24, 2023, 07:48:10 pm »
Seems a media twisted post on the first read. I don't think it's as bad as it sounds unless we have video of this interview. I mean if it's true, his attitude needs work and based on this, either in Leipzig or the next club.

Klopp went out of his way though to praise his attitude at the end of last season though.

He started the first game back at the World Cup and was hauled off at half time - although he scored in the game - and played a sum total of 9 minutes for us after that and into 2023. For whatever reason Klopp wrote him off that night. The next batch of games he played Ox instead (in the absence of Diaz and others) who was clearly finished at that point.

It is really odd because even if he just used him off the bench as a fox in the box he'd have popped up with goals (i.e. Newcastle) the way Minamino used to. Instead he was just completely bombed out and that's what would suggest he's got no future here under Klopp.

I think the issue is we signed two high quality players in Nunez and Carvalho last summer, but neither really fit into Klopp's system and way of playing, although both can still find the net.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Snusmumriken

• Kopite
  • Don't believe everything you think
« Reply #787 on: August 25, 2023, 09:28:10 pm »
Unused sub during a 5-1 win today, fair to say he is yet to impress in the Leipzig shirt? Didn’t we have a thread for players on loan btw?

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #788 on: October 25, 2023, 11:46:57 am »
Just reading he is not getting many minutes at Leipzig

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: October 25, 2023, 12:34:57 pm »
Has only started one game so far. I can understand him thinking a loan in the summer was a good move but I'm not sure Leipzig was the right choice. Couldn't really understand their motive considering their model of developing players and selling them on for a profit and there seemingly being no option to buy. Maybe he needs to drop down a level to mid table club at one of the better leagues in Europe to get some meaningful minutes.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #790 on: October 25, 2023, 01:15:26 pm »
He should have stayed at Fulham to develop further.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: October 25, 2023, 01:33:40 pm »
He should have stayed at Fulham to develop further.

Should have been a no brainer really given that they got promoted. But at the same time, how do you turn down a move to Liverpool and Klopp at his age?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #792 on: October 25, 2023, 02:11:37 pm »
Hopefully, the lad keeps his head down, and try his best to do what is asked of him and more than what is needed. That's all he can do really- in the absence of games to help him develop.

If his loan is not about ability- which he has in abundance, then I think we may be monitoring his attitude or mentality.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #793 on: October 25, 2023, 03:44:49 pm »
What formation do Leipzig play?  He's a 10, he excelled in that position at Fulham, but teams rarely play it these days.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #794 on: October 25, 2023, 04:45:05 pm »
Should have been a no brainer really given that they got promoted. But at the same time, how do you turn down a move to Liverpool and Klopp at his age?

He got plenty of chances early last season and made a decent impact. Issue was he just wasn't the profile of player we needed, particularly in a struggling side. We needed a Bajcetic (in terms of a young player profile) to alleviate the midfield issues, not a luxury player. He didn't have the skillset to play wide for us and we couldn't carry him in a midfield that had no legs in it.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: October 25, 2023, 04:50:01 pm »
He was better off staying here and would fit much better in this version of Liverpool.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #796 on: October 25, 2023, 06:26:04 pm »
Should have got a loan to a team in the lower half of the prem.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #797 on: October 25, 2023, 06:33:41 pm »
Should have got a loan to a team in the lower half of the prem.

Yeah, should've gone to Blackburn like Harvey.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: October 25, 2023, 08:18:22 pm »
I'm beginning to wonder whether his lack of chances are more down to attitude than skills. Without knowing the lad at all, he seems to find himself in similar situations with different sets of coaches. Youngsters go through that stage when they are successful in the lower-age groups, but not all of them are capable of making the final step. Even Curtis mentioned his related experience in the Toulouse presser. I hope that Carvalho clears his head and focuses on the right things, the guy has skills.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: October 26, 2023, 04:31:37 pm »
I'm beginning to wonder whether his lack of chances are more down to attitude than skills. Without knowing the lad at all, he seems to find himself in similar situations with different sets of coaches. Youngsters go through that stage when they are successful in the lower-age groups, but not all of them are capable of making the final step. Even Curtis mentioned his related experience in the Toulouse presser. I hope that Carvalho clears his head and focuses on the right things, the guy has skills.

Wouldn't it have shown itself at Fulham too?

Not saying this next part relating to you or your post but I feel like there's a thing in football that if it isn't working for someone in either multiple clubs or under multipile managers then it must be attitude related, i've lost count of the amount of players who have their attitude questioned but there's rarely ever any actual substance to back it up