Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2002246 times)

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #200 on: February 7, 2016, 05:25:42 pm »
Good shout, did Klopp use a diamond at Dortmund. We know he loves his full backs to get forward so we'd still have the width too.That incorporates our dangerous players well.
Ideal world

Sturridge Origi
                Firmino
    Coutinho   Henderson
                 Can

Realistic world :

Sturridge Firmino
              Coutinho
         Lallana   Henderson
               Can

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #201 on: February 7, 2016, 05:27:27 pm »
Did you think him and Coutinho might wanna occupy the same space though? When Coutinho was fit he was in that inside left position and kept cutting in and it became quite congested. Would like to see Phil a little deeper so that doesn't become an issue alongside Firmino
I think Firmino looks great up front compared to some of his games as an AM, although i worry whether he has enough to trouble defences who defend deep and narrow (I know he scored against Sunderland who done that but there have been other games where he has looked ineffectual against that kind of defense)

Everything about him suggests he should be a #10 just behind a pacey #9 with good movement. But you are right, he would naturally occupy the space Coitinho likes to operate in when he plays on the left. I'd love to see Coutinho drop into a deeper CM role but I'm not sure he fits the Klopp model of a CM.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #202 on: February 7, 2016, 05:31:54 pm »
Keep him where he is and play a number 9 alongside/slightly ahead of him, I think that's perfectly feasible as he's still spending a lot of time in the number 10 position at the moment. Could have a similar impact to the Suarez/Sturridge partnership.
Ideal world

Sturridge Origi
                Firmino
    Coutinho   Henderson
                 Can

Realistic world :

Sturridge Firmino
              Coutinho
         Lallana   Henderson
               Can
I would love to see us play two up front more often. we played the 4-4-2 diamond against Southampton in the cup with Origi and Sturridge and looked great going forward after about 25-minutes. It is a difficult formation to get right defensively though and Southampton could have been out of sight before we got our shit together.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline jonnyr

• Anny Roader
  • We had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #203 on: February 7, 2016, 08:13:06 pm »
I'm still waiting for us to roll out with a solid 4-2-3-1 where our front 4 consists of:

Sturridge
Ibe/Milner/Lallana/Hendo/?     Coutinho         Firmino

With two solid CMs, this formation would probably lead to more consistent positive results for us. Would allow Clyne and Moreno/Flanagan more space on the overlap in attack. And would help out our defensive shape I would think. Just theorycrafting. But would love to see this, especially in the Europa League matches.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: February 8, 2016, 02:32:58 am »
Firmino is basically carrying the team right now. He has been responsible for every league point we have earned during 2016. I hope he can handle the pressure. We desperately need one of Origi/ Coutinho/ Sturridge to return to take some of the responsibility from Roberto because if he has a bad game we simply are not going to score a goal.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #205 on: February 8, 2016, 05:56:17 am »
He is starting to adjust to the league now. I'm looking forward to seeing this lad being surrounded by better players. Just imagine how good he'll be when that happens.

Offline Il Conte

• Kopite
« Reply #206 on: February 8, 2016, 07:01:45 am »
I'm still waiting for us to roll out with a solid 4-2-3-1 where our front 4 consists of:

Sturridge

With two solid CMs, this formation would probably lead to more consistent positive results for us. Would allow Clyne and Moreno/Flanagan more space on the overlap in attack. And would help out our defensive shape I would think. Just theorycrafting. But would love to see this, especially in the Europa League matches.

From what Firmino has shown so far for us he needs to be played up top and told to stay there, put him in a 3 behind and he'll drop deep leaving us with 3 creators and just the one isolated striker yet again. We really dont have that player that looks capable of scoring consistently from AM, to allow us just one striker. For me Firminos strength is his finishing so I really don't see the reason to play him in midfield. Scoring goals should be his primary duty for us.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #207 on: February 8, 2016, 08:03:33 am »
Jürgen said something to this effect a while back - he (Firmino) doesn't realise just how good he is (I think he is starting to now) and he needs to stay up top if he is playing in a striker position.

So enjoying seeing seeing Firmino go from strength to strength.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #208 on: February 8, 2016, 08:13:55 am »

Sturridge

That would put Firmino too far away from goal. Much like Suarez, it's not that Firmino would be bad there - but he would be a bit wasted there.
 I'd use him like now, or paired with another striker in some sort of 442.

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #209 on: February 8, 2016, 09:04:40 am »
Keep him where he is and play a number 9 alongside/slightly ahead of him, I think that's perfectly feasible as he's still spending a lot of time in the number 10 position at the moment. Could have a similar impact to the Suarez/Sturridge partnership.
I think this could work.

The only other option is to use him as a second striker, playing pushed up centrally alongside a forward... in support..... I really think he is best centrally so I would be suprised if he is made to play from a wider area. But really I think he suits what we need in a forward, we don't need someone who will score 25+ goals a season.. a  1 in 2 type player up top, just someone who suits how we look to play and Firmino does IMO

To many of us look back to 13/14 and think "ohhhhh yes we need a 25+ goal scorer to even get close"   ... look at Leicester City for example, take Mahrez and Vardy out .. you got Okazaki on 5 goals, then Huth on 3 goals........... ohhhhh look at our defensive record in that 13/14 season, it was fucking shite.. what 50 something goals conceded, more than Chelsea by 23 goals.. more than Man City's by 13 goals...... WE will tighten our defensive up, that is something Klopp has/will look at.............. add some attacking midfielders who can attack at pace and get beyond the forward.. players who are comfortable doing that and we will be on our way up the table for sure .......

WE don't need at 20+ goal scorer IMO, yes it would be nice but not a must have for us to be successful... besides just because a player scores heaps of goals (for another team) that doesn't mean just cos you out lay a large sum of money.. they will start scoring consistently for you. We would be better served playing Firmino up top and getting our attacking mids to scoring consistently... something around 10+ goals each would be great, that should be the goal........ we just need to get the balance right .. that's not to mention our CM and defense chipping in with.... we will be fine and Firmino definitely suits us playing as our main forward, or if not that as a second striker in a supporting role but not as an attacking midfielder.
« Last Edit: February 8, 2016, 09:12:42 am by BMW »

Offline Il Conte

• Kopite
« Reply #210 on: February 8, 2016, 10:50:10 am »
We would be better served playing Firmino up top and getting our attacking mids to scoring consistently... something around 10+ goals each would be great, that should be the goal.......

That would represent an outrageous increase in output given their current numbers. Probably easier to find more goals in the striker positions either with what we already have once they're fit, or through an addition in the summer.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: February 8, 2016, 11:02:41 am »
Ideal world

Sturridge Origi
                Firmino
    Coutinho   Henderson
                 Can

Realistic world :

Sturridge Firmino
              Coutinho
         Lallana   Henderson
               Can

Including Sturridge in a realistic world..... ;D

Firmino has been our best player now since the new year. Which isn't saying much but at least he is doing it more often than not at the other end of the pitch. Get Coutinho back playing with him and it should amplify.

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: February 8, 2016, 12:12:52 pm »
That would represent an outrageous increase in output given their current numbers. Probably easier to find more goals in the striker positions either with what we already have once they're fit, or through an addition in the summer.
It's true that is would be easier to find more goals from our current forwards, well from how much we would get back from the investment.. seeing as signing a top forward isn't cheap and there aren't many quality ones out there to begin with... using what we have upfront and getting the balance right in our attacking midfield, should be what we look to do... that said it wouldn't surprise me if in a few seasons we end up with a 20+ goal scorer but you would think seeing has unlike Rogers he hasn't lucked into having 2 x 20+ goal a season strikers... Klopp will look to build from the back and look to make us solid before adding a 1 in 2 pacey type striker, somebody like Suarez or a fit Sturiddge ..... like Rafa that sorta player is seen as the "cherry on the top"  of a well built, efficient and functioning cake NOT the "get outta jail free card" for our defense when they fuck up .. YET AGAIN    :)
« Last Edit: February 8, 2016, 12:15:19 pm by BMW »

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: February 8, 2016, 12:41:15 pm »
Firmino's performances are not out the blue anyway....

https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/c5ukw7sk4eoe65dlsymwmq/Show/Player-Focus-Golden-Boy-Firmino-Awaiting-International-Call

13 clear cut chances in 2013/2014 (by March 5th)  -the most in the league by any player, Marco Reus had 12 for example.

12 goals and 8 assists in 22 appearances -the 2nd highest in the Bundesliga, in 2013/2014 by March 5th

« Last Edit: February 8, 2016, 12:42:47 pm by BMW »

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #214 on: February 8, 2016, 12:50:51 pm »
If we play 433 we need a lot more goals and assists from the wingers than this season (although Milner and Lallana have contributed a bit the last few games).  With two on top we can rely a bit more on the strikers of course.
The way things have looked the last months I would put Coutinho in midfield asap, to get someone who can create some space and move the ball up. Henderson and Can are too easy to dispossess and not enough of a threat in attack.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #215 on: February 8, 2016, 12:56:48 pm »
Firmino's performances are not out the blue anyway....

https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/c5ukw7sk4eoe65dlsymwmq/Show/Player-Focus-Golden-Boy-Firmino-Awaiting-International-Call

13 clear cut chances in 2013/2014 (by March 5th)  -the most in the league by any player, Marco Reus had 12 for example.

12 goals and 8 assists in 22 appearances -the 2nd highest in the Bundesliga, in 2013/2014 by March 5th

They definitely aren't out of the blue. The people who called him a coward over here should be ashamed of themselves because even when the whole team was shit he was the one showing positive signs and trying to create stuff with other players.
« Last Edit: February 8, 2016, 12:58:46 pm by Zoomers »
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: February 8, 2016, 01:22:44 pm »
They definitely aren't out of the blue. The people who called him a coward over here should be ashamed of themselves because even when the whole team was shit he was the one showing positive signs and trying to create stuff with other players.

Clueless, kneejerk gobshites mate.

Keep it up Bobby. The sky's the limit!!

Offline brownbear11

• Kopite
  • aht and aboot, ¡dale!
« Reply #217 on: February 8, 2016, 06:08:11 pm »
Ideal world

Sturridge Origi
                Firmino
    Coutinho   Henderson
                 Can

Realistic world :

Sturridge Firmino
              Coutinho
         Lallana   Henderson
               Can

Probably would switch Cou and Lallana in the realistic world.  Lallana is better higher up, and Cou will probably push up a lot anyways. He's been effective deep before (Iniesta-ish role), though he would probably need a more defensive full back behind (Flanagan instead of Moreno).

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #218 on: February 8, 2016, 06:25:14 pm »
Probably would switch Cou and Lallana in the realistic world.  Lallana is better higher up, and Cou will probably push up a lot anyways.
Personally I think Lallana shouldn`t be anywhere near the opposition goal as he`s just not a goal threat nor is he ruthless in any way but we could definitely use his skills and his incredible technique in the middle 3 where he can give us a lot in terms of ball retention, would make things lot more fluid there because we`ve seen in number of games with Hendo and Can as those two box-to-box midfielders we can struggle badly to circulate the ball and move it around effectively let alone keep it.

It would give a good platform for Firmino and Sturridge/Origi upfront to strike up a decent partnership as in theory they`re absolutely perfect for each other.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: February 8, 2016, 06:33:33 pm »
Can can't play DM, maybe he can improve but nothing to date says he would be good enough to play that role with all those attacking players ahead of him.

Offline cricketrocks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: February 8, 2016, 06:52:29 pm »
Can can't play DM, maybe he can improve but nothing to date says he would be good enough to play that role with all those attacking players ahead of him.
In a diamond it would be easier perhaps?

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: February 8, 2016, 06:58:17 pm »
In a diamond it would be easier perhaps?

The role doesn't differ that much if it's a single pivot. His strength is traveling with ball which we would not want him doing in that role, his defending, mobility and passing  abilities are just to poor to play it. He could of course improve if we're prepared to stick with it and accept the short term affects but I'm not convinced he would get that.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #222 on: February 8, 2016, 07:13:02 pm »
People were slating him in the half time thread on Saturday. .....

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #223 on: February 8, 2016, 07:25:41 pm »
People actually called him a coward earlier on? Fuck me, even when all was bleak and he hadn't scored nor assisted for us he was always asking for the ball and trying to make stuff happen. You could see he was a right attempt away from breaking through.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline jonnyr

• Anny Roader
  • We had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #224 on: February 8, 2016, 08:27:33 pm »
People actually called him a coward earlier on? Fuck me, even when all was bleak and he hadn't scored nor assisted for us he was always asking for the ball and trying to make stuff happen. You could see he was a right attempt away from breaking through.
Agreed. I just think with people saw him struggling a bit to settle and adapt to the pace of the league (while the team struggled for consistency around him as well, leading to BR's departure, so much turmoil and inconsistencies this year...), and I think some saw a few moments where he may have been bullied off the ball or not got quite "stuck in" on a couple of occasions when it was give or take, and would, in frustration, start seeing him in more of a negative light without considering enough that the system and the players around him weren't helping matters at all.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #225 on: February 8, 2016, 09:04:48 pm »
Personally I think Lallana shouldn`t be anywhere near the opposition goal as he`s just not a goal threat nor is he ruthless in any way but we could definitely use his skills and his incredible technique in the middle 3 where he can give us a lot in terms of ball retention, would make things lot more fluid there because we`ve seen in number of games with Hendo and Can as those two box-to-box midfielders we can struggle badly to circulate the ball and move it around effectively let alone keep it.

It would give a good platform for Firmino and Sturridge/Origi upfront to strike up a decent partnership as in theory they`re absolutely perfect for each other.

Agree. Like Di Maria in Real. But Lallana's style in midfield would probably be more like Modric's.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: February 8, 2016, 09:59:48 pm »
He's putting out top striker levels of goals and assists, it's hard to describe how impressive he is right now, especially in this slow, uncreative, low confidence team. And still his 1st season in a new country.

The lad is gonna be a star, he's got all the tools he needs. That's why many were excited when we signed him  ;D

Credit to him. We are, as you say, slow and uncreative. Yet Firmino somehow manages to get goals and assists. Exactly what we need. I still think it's a little early to draw conclusions. We need to see him perform at this level for a little longer. But what we're seeing is positive. At least one player who looks like he has the kind of quality we need. And he shows it when we need it. When nobody else does.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: February 8, 2016, 10:26:22 pm »
Credit to him. We are, as you say, slow and uncreative. Yet Firmino somehow manages to get goals and assists. Exactly what we need. I still think it's a little early to draw conclusions. We need to see him perform at this level for a little longer. But what we're seeing is positive. At least one player who looks like he has the kind of quality we need. And he shows it when we need it. When nobody else does.

he has been excellent of late, and is creating and scoring....he is certainly a positive

with regard to role, and formation, and who is going to get goals it is about players who are going to get goals not just where they play...firmino will score goals and create regardless of his role, we need to ensure other players on the pitch can contribute too.....have said it elsewhere, lallana, ibe, coutinho all need to contribute with both goals and assists - coutinho does (probably has more goals in him too) but the other 2 need to produce to be successful in my opinion, it will define their success over time

then we do need the likes of milner, can, Henderson to chip in more as they are all players with a creative responsibility

get the players in the front 3 contributing first, then you will probably see an upturn from the rest of the team...and the more players contribute the ripple effect will be seen

defensively we do need to improve, but scoring more goals and using our possession is a big part of that equation too.
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: February 8, 2016, 10:39:07 pm »
he has been excellent of late, and is creating and scoring....he is certainly a positive

with regard to role, and formation, and who is going to get goals it is about players who are going to get goals not just where they play...firmino will score goals and create regardless of his role, we need to ensure other players on the pitch can contribute too.....have said it elsewhere, lallana, ibe, coutinho all need to contribute with both goals and assists - coutinho does (probably has more goals in him too) but the other 2 need to produce to be successful in my opinion, it will define their success over time

then we do need the likes of milner, can, Henderson to chip in more as they are all players with a creative responsibility

get the players in the front 3 contributing first, then you will probably see an upturn from the rest of the team...and the more players contribute the ripple effect will be seen

defensively we do need to improve, but scoring more goals and using our possession is a big part of that equation too.

Firmino is someone to build on. Probably the best bet we have now. But we could start anywhere. Doesn't have to be goalscoring. If we sorted our defence, that could work too. Meaning, we could say that we trust Firmino to get goals for us. Sort the defence and we'd start winning games.

The argument for that approach would be that we don't get a lot of creativity from our midfielders. We're using Milner in a role where he needs to be a leading creator. Certainly when we play Ibe, Can, Lucas and Allen. Henderson might be a different story, but all in all we're thin when Coutinho is out and Lallana plays to this current level. Might be a better idea to try and tighten the defence, as it would suit those players better.

Overall though, I think it's safe to say that most players in our team don't perform to the level we need from them. In the roles assigned to them. Firmino does.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: February 8, 2016, 10:52:34 pm »
Firmino is someone to build on. Probably the best bet we have now. But we could start anywhere. Doesn't have to be goalscoring. If we sorted our defence, that could work too. Meaning, we could say that we trust Firmino to get goals for us. Sort the defence and we'd start winning games.

The argument for that approach would be that we don't get a lot of creativity from our midfielders. We're using Milner in a role where he needs to be a leading creator. Certainly when we play Ibe, Can, Lucas and Allen. Henderson might be a different story, but all in all we're thin when Coutinho is out and Lallana plays to this current level. Might be a better idea to try and tighten the defence, as it would suit those players better.

Overall though, I think it's safe to say that most players in our team don't perform to the level we need from them. In the roles assigned to them. Firmino does.

agree mostly, certainly for the short term (ie this season), as we can only work with what we have and the resources comeing back cannot be expected to be ether reliable or at full tilt.....long term/next season we will need more goals on the pitch, and I think that is what klopp will want....goalscorers will define his era, much as they did Rodgers, who was probably lucky and unlucky to varying extents with his
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: February 9, 2016, 12:47:17 am »
agree mostly, certainly for the short term (ie this season), as we can only work with what we have and the resources comeing back cannot be expected to be ether reliable or at full tilt.....long term/next season we will need more goals on the pitch, and I think that is what klopp will want....goalscorers will define his era, much as they did Rodgers, who was probably lucky and unlucky to varying extents with his
Why do you think like Rogers -goalscorers will define Klopp's era?

Why not his ability to get goals from all over the pitch? .. to have us playing in a manner that DOES NOT rely on a 20+ goalscorer to bail out the defense regularly? .......... I reckon like Rafa to an extent, it will be NOT conceding when IT MATTERS rather than scoring when IT MATTERS, that will define his time at Liverpool......... sure the goals will come but they will be the result of us being a successful side NOT what turns us into one if that makes sense.

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: February 9, 2016, 12:51:02 am »
Anyways back on topic, Firmino is BOSS

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #232 on: February 9, 2016, 05:19:32 am »
Really starting to show why we paid that much for him. Quite effortless at times; the second goal for Lallana was Suarezesque..dispossessed, carried it forward, and laid it on a plate.
We'll see the best of him next year. I hope he is a big factor for us in the cups this season.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #233 on: February 9, 2016, 05:58:19 am »
His stats when playing as a striker/false nine apparently : 6 games, 6 goals and 5 assists.

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: February 9, 2016, 10:02:39 am »
His stats when playing as a striker/false nine apparently : 6 games, 6 goals and 5 assists.

You really would fancy that a front 3 of him Sturridge and Phil could be devastating, with him in a slightly deeper role than striker but not too far. Leave the width to the full backs and let the midfield be solid. Really think it would be very good

Offline SMACLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: February 9, 2016, 11:50:46 am »
Roberto Firmino wins PFA Fans' Player of the Month award for January

Firmino enjoyed a superb January, scoring four goals in as many Premier League matches.

The 24-year-old, who joined Liverpool last summer from Hoffenheim in an initial £21.3m deal, scored twice in his side's 3-3 draw with Arsenal, including a brilliant curling second from the edge of the box to beat Petr Cech.

Firmino, who also scored twice in Liverpool's thrilling 5-4 win over Norwich at Carrow Road, beat Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney and Tottenham's Harry Kane to the top-flight award.

They were included on an original 12-man shortlist which also featured Ashley Williams (Swansea City), Benik Afobe (Bournemouth), Diego Costa (Chelsea), Georginio Wijnaldum (Newcastle United), Jermain Defoe (Sunderland), Jonny Evans (West Bromwich Albion), Robert Huth (Leicester City), Sergio Aguero (Manchester City) and Patrick van Aanholt (Sunderland).

Every month throughout the English football season, fans will have the opportunity to vote on skysports.com for who they think has been the best player in the Barclays Premier League, Sky Bet Championship, Sky Bet League One and Sky Bet League Two, after Sky Sports teamed up with the PFA to be the digital platform for the Awards.

Before the vote opens each month, an expert panel will produce a shortlist of contenders. Fans will then be able to vote for the player they think deserves the award.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/10160605/roberto-firmino-wins-pfa-fans-player-of-the-month-award-for-january?

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: February 9, 2016, 11:56:25 am »
Well there we go. The whole 'give him a year' thing should be applied to most players coming to this league. He has got the PFA player of the month award after 6 months here so it is a good sign for the rest of the season and beyond. Get out better offensive players back fit and playing with him and we may just start to look like a functioning unit in attack.

Offline ArthurDent

• Knows where his towel is!
  • Kopite
« Reply #237 on: February 9, 2016, 12:39:58 pm »

Sturridge

Is right.

Sturridge / Origi - Firmino - Coutinho should be superb in theory. Needs to get it right behind that.
"Stop thinking about money. Only think about football." Jürgen Klopp 9th Oct 2015.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: February 9, 2016, 01:06:02 pm »
Well there we go. The whole 'give him a year' thing should be applied to most players coming to this league. He has got the PFA player of the month award after 6 months here so it is a good sign for the rest of the season and beyond. Get out better offensive players back fit and playing with him and we may just start to look like a functioning unit in attack.

which is why it was so surprising that many are willing to write Markovic off after 1 season as well

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #239 on: February 9, 2016, 01:11:55 pm »
Only 5 other Liverpool players have received the monthly player award since the turn of the century.