Author Topic: The Boys  (Read 54462 times)

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Boys
« Reply #720 on: November 20, 2023, 09:14:07 am »
Just finished Gen V S1.  Really enjoyed it up until the last episode which was shite!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #721 on: November 20, 2023, 11:51:39 am »
Just finished Gen V S1.  Really enjoyed it up until the last episode which was shite!

Coincidence! I finished it this morning too and had the same thought. It made literally no sense and sold out some of the characters I thought.

Overall though the series was much better than I thought.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #722 on: November 20, 2023, 11:58:23 am »
Coincidence! I finished it this morning too and had the same thought. It made literally no sense and sold out some of the characters I thought.

Overall though the series was much better than I thought.

Finished it last night too, was thinking the same. They have everything that happened on camera so how did they blame those four?

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #723 on: November 21, 2023, 10:52:16 am »
My guess about the show is that the makers/studio got cold feet towards the end and wanted to bring it a lot closer to The Boys. Culminating with

Spoiler
Homelander cameo which makes sense since the PR bitch was in trouble and the shit hit the fan, but what doesn't make sense is how he can lazer Moreau without killing her. Unless he was deliberately pulling his punches to spare them on purpose for some reason which will come out in the next season of Boys or Gen V.
[close]

Overall I liked the show a lot more than I thought I would despite the final episode being one of the weakest. Can't see how anyone who likes Boys would not like this.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #724 on: November 21, 2023, 11:28:02 am »
My guess about the show is that the makers/studio got cold feet towards the end and wanted to bring it a lot closer to The Boys. Culminating with

Spoiler
Homelander cameo which makes sense since the PR bitch was in trouble and the shit hit the fan, but what doesn't make sense is how he can lazer Moreau without killing her. Unless he was deliberately pulling his punches to spare them on purpose for some reason which will come out in the next season of Boys or Gen V.
[close]

Overall I liked the show a lot more than I thought I would despite the final episode being one of the weakest. Can't see how anyone who likes Boys would not like this.

Spoiler
Homelander has lasered a few people without killing them; Stormfront, Butcher and now Moreau. It's been suggested numerous times that she's stronger than she realises so her surviving that hit is another hint at that.

Gen V seemed to take place after the events of the last season of The Boys, so I think we might see little to no overlap between the two next season, other than maybe a teaser at the end. Them getting locked in that room seems a neat way of saying they won't be involved for a bit at least.
[close]

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #725 on: November 21, 2023, 12:23:41 pm »
Finished it last night too, was thinking the same. They have everything that happened on camera so how did they blame those four?
EXACTLY my though.  Gen Z film fucking EVERYTHING and what happened there would no doubt have been live-streamed.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #726 on: November 21, 2023, 01:04:54 pm »
EXACTLY my though.  Gen Z film fucking EVERYTHING and what happened there would no doubt have been live-streamed.

Their phones were all supplied by Vought so it's feasible they were remotely shut off to prevent any leaks, and presumably even teens still prefer to get away from people being murdered before whipping their phones out.

In any case it's an oversight I don't mind, it's a difficult thing to always be aware of and to write around without having to constantly explain it.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: November 21, 2023, 04:26:40 pm »
The outtakes/bloopers that were released yesterday are great. Especially Star as Homelander at the end. C Bombs in his own NZ accent.  ;D

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #728 on: December 1, 2023, 07:52:22 pm »
The trailer for season 4 is released tomorrow.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #729 on: December 2, 2023, 02:34:06 am »
The outtakes/bloopers that were released yesterday are great. Especially Star as Homelander at the end. C Bombs in his own NZ accent.  ;D
You have to give a link with that sort of post!
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #730 on: December 2, 2023, 08:35:26 am »
Their phones were all supplied by Vought so it's feasible they were remotely shut off to prevent any leaks, and presumably even teens still prefer to get away from people being murdered before whipping their phones out.

In any case it's an oversight I don't mind, it's a difficult thing to always be aware of and to write around without having to constantly explain it.

Spoiler
There was a scene after Moreau pressed the button in Shetty's office with the two girls who fucked over Emma saying the wifi/data was off. Anyone not stuck outside was then stuck inside after that as well.
[close]

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: December 2, 2023, 05:28:24 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/F9U-yoJbgWs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/F9U-yoJbgWs</a>

Spoiler
There was a scene after Moreau pressed the button in Shetty's office with the two girls who fucked over Emma saying the wifi/data was off. Anyone not stuck outside was then stuck inside after that as well.
[close]

Thanks, I missed that bit!

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #732 on: March 31, 2024, 12:15:09 am »
Not good news! Chance Perdomo, who played Andre in Gen V (the student with magnetic abilities and dad issues) has died after a motorcycle accident, aged 27.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 12:16:57 am by Brian Blessed »
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #733 on: March 31, 2024, 09:28:43 am »
Rip.

27 is so young!!
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."