Author Topic: Premier League suspended until safe to resume  (Read 160787 times)

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Re: Premier League suspended until 30th April
« Reply #1640 on: March 28, 2020, 01:28:34 pm »
From BBC

PL clubs could use shutdown to replace main break
Premier League clubs could use the coronavirus shutdown to replace their main pre-season break.

Top-flight clubs are considering telling players to treat the current hiatus as a replacement of their traditional summer holiday.

Players could be told to take a full rest now and then carry out a mini pre-season before the Premier League resumes.

It is meant to resume on 30 April.

Because money is everything.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #1641 on: March 28, 2020, 01:41:01 pm »
Dont know if this has been suggested yet ,having not been on here for a while .

If we just hit the pause button and press play when the storm has pretty much passed,say around july and then delay the start of the new season so once again we finnish in the summer months i think it could by default end up with a few positives.

one the players start to get used to warmer weather football

two it leads us nicely into the Qatar 2022 world cup which will also be played out of sync' with the european leagues
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Online In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1642 on: March 28, 2020, 01:58:41 pm »

Brilliant post. I completely agree with you.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline norecat

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1643 on: March 28, 2020, 02:38:35 pm »
I see that doyen of intellectual excellence Rio Ferdinand is calling for the season to be voided. One can only hope the powers that be have more sense than this idiot. I want Liverpool to play their way to the title. I don't want it 'awarded' to us. We are worthy winners and deserve to win it on the pitch to avoid an asterisk beside our win.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1644 on: March 28, 2020, 03:09:50 pm »
I see that doyen of intellectual excellence Rio Ferdinand is calling for the season to be voided. One can only hope the powers that be have more sense than this idiot. I want Liverpool to play their way to the title. I don't want it 'awarded' to us. We are worthy winners and deserve to win it on the pitch to avoid an asterisk beside our win.

What asterisk? It will say 19 titles and that’s it. We have seen this team get to a position where we have practically won it.

The league isn’t getting started any time soon. Football is a very sheltered organisation and that’s why all these people are asking for it to be voided because they think it’s all going away by August.

As we get closer to the summer the view of voiding it will get louder. The main thing is however that a scenario is put in place which ensures we get given the league title which we have effectively won.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1645 on: March 28, 2020, 03:13:58 pm »
Premier league needs to come out and completely dismiss null and void rubbish rival fans dreaming about.  bad enough we have to deal with corona shit .....listening to these c*nts who wants to exploit it so that their failed club can escape.
https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1243822296760025088
Christ, there's a bitter Leeds fan in those comments! I know Mancs who want the season to continue so they can go for CL, they're not bothered about us. I just don't get the weird bitterness when people would rather their own club fail just for "banter" purposes on twitter about us. There are some odd people about.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1646 on: March 28, 2020, 03:23:04 pm »
If UEFA is saying that leagues that void the season may not be allowed to nominate competitors in the CL and Europa then there is no way the league can be voided. There is far too much money hanging on all this.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1647 on: March 28, 2020, 03:31:47 pm »
Assumptions being made that voiding this season is an end to all our issues.
 What happens if theres an outbreak next season. Say a player gets the virus. Do we void next season again?
If you set that precedent then football becomes a complete irrelevance.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1648 on: March 28, 2020, 03:32:03 pm »
so next season can start on time

The football calendar is going to take two or three seasons at least to get back to normal, if it ever does. This is ‘null and void’ thinking. That somehow it all needs to be cancelled or finished by a certain date so that ‘normality’ kicks in and there’s a bright new league and international calendar.

It’s worth remembering that there won’t be a vaccine ready in August and there are countries that are just starting on the upward curve.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1649 on: March 28, 2020, 03:33:10 pm »
 What happens if theres an outbreak next season. Say a player gets the virus. Do we void next season again?

Totally agree.

You have to remember though that people within football live very sheltered lives and have sheltered views. Some of these lot probably think this thing will be gone by August.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1650 on: March 28, 2020, 03:40:17 pm »
The football calendar is going to take two or three seasons at least to get back to normal, if it ever does. This is ‘null and void’ thinking. That somehow it all needs to be cancelled or finished by a certain date so that ‘normality’ kicks in and there’s a bright new league and international calendar.

It’s worth remembering that there won’t be a vaccine ready in August and there are countries that are just starting on the upward curve.

Exactly. If anything it makes more sense to me to get this season done and then cancel or shorten next season.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Premier League suspended until 30th April
« Reply #1651 on: March 28, 2020, 03:43:04 pm »
Maybe it is the cynical me. BBC News today cited Brady saying up to 8 players were down with virus let me think she has no interest in carrying on with the competition even when it resumes.

West Ham will simply refuse to put out a squad citing health reasons for fear of getting relegated.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1652 on: March 28, 2020, 03:45:36 pm »
Totally agree.

You have to remember though that people within football live very sheltered lives and have sheltered views. Some of these lot probably think this thing will be gone by August.

Yea voiding the season is being talked about like a factory reset. (Or the shower scene in Dallas for older Rawkites).

Truth is getting players back on the pitch playing behind closed doors matches is the only realistic short term possibility. When we'll see spectators at games is looking like a long term prospect.
When teams can travel around Europe and the world for fixtures is anyone's guess.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1653 on: March 28, 2020, 04:43:58 pm »
Maybe it is the cynical me. BBC News today cited Brady saying up to 8 players were down with virus let me think she has no interest in carrying on with the competition even when it resumes.

West Ham will simply refuse to put out a squad citing health reasons for fear of getting relegated.

That's why we need tests to prove otherwise.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #1654 on: March 28, 2020, 04:46:38 pm »
What asterisk? It will say 19 titles and that’s it. We have seen this team get to a position where we have practically won it.

The league isn’t getting started any time soon. Football is a very sheltered organisation and that’s why all these people are asking for it to be voided because they think it’s all going away by August.

As we get closer to the summer the view of voiding it will get louder. The main thing is however that a scenario is put in place which ensures we get given the league title which we have effectively won.

I disagree. Unless all matches are played then it does cast a shadow over the season in the historic sense. Thankfully we are so far ahead that no one could argue against us being given the title but I would prefer to see the season played out to its usual conclusion. To not do so puts in doubt the integrity of the season for all sides and has consequences for the Championship.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1655 on: March 28, 2020, 04:54:19 pm »
It's not just that. UEFA feels if some leagues play to the conclusion and some void, there would be a movement to ban the voided leagues from joining the European competitions.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1656 on: March 28, 2020, 04:58:14 pm »

It's not the cynical in you, it's the utter daftie shithouse in you.

If West Ham refused to put out teams for league games they'd lose those games 3-0 and be relegated.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1657 on: March 28, 2020, 05:09:36 pm »
I disagree. Unless all matches are played then it does cast a shadow over the season in the historic sense. Thankfully we are so far ahead that no one could argue against us being given the title but I would prefer to see the season played out to its usual conclusion. To not do so puts in doubt the integrity of the season for all sides and has consequences for the Championship.

I dont really care about what someone arguing about titles in 30-40 years has to say. I will have seen my team justifiably win the title.

I want the season to be completed. But I want the title above all. The players deserve a medal more than some dickhead arguing about whether this league win was valid in 30-40 years time.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1658 on: March 28, 2020, 05:30:02 pm »

The thing is mate, anyone suggesting voiding the season isn’t saying it as a solution to all our issues. They’re suggesting it because their own team is shit or they don’t want us to win the league, or in most cases a combination of both.

It really is as simple as that.

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #1659 on: March 28, 2020, 05:53:12 pm »
UEFA feels if some leagues play to the conclusion and some void, there would be a movement to ban the voided leagues from joining the European competitions.
UEFA needs teams to play in tournaments. The idea that Juve, Bayern, Madrid, would be banned because their domestic leagues were voided is a non-starter.

The CL qualifying rounds have already been compromised.

UEFA will seek some uniformity. That will involve accommodating the leagues / countries slowest to return to normality, that will involve  a reworked CL /EL format.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #1660 on: March 28, 2020, 06:06:03 pm »
That's why we need tests to prove otherwise.
Thing is though if someone feels under the weather, a test and results can take 2 or 3 days to come back. IF the season continues, then there will still be huge disruption to games. If any member of staff has symptoms, that’s the whole squad in isolation again for 14 days and the knock on effect to games is huge.

I really don’t know what will happen. I can’t see any league starting any time soon. All lower level leagues are now cancelled, with the view to starting a new season again in August. I think it’s unlikely we can finish the PL and start again in August. So what happens then, all the lower league and national league seasons become out of sync.

If the season is voided then there’s huge financial impacts, sponsorships, tv money etc etc. What happens to European competitions next season etc.

Personally I think lower level leagues were cancelled far too soon. The leagues should all start again when safe to do so. Next season should be reduced, remove the league cup and possibly even FA cup. Yes that has financial implications, but far far less than cancelling this season.

I just hope we can get this season finished and the PL trophy in our cabinet, just don’t see it happening right now :-(

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #1661 on: March 28, 2020, 06:25:01 pm »
It's only baffling if we overlook the clear agendas at work. Acknowledge the obvious agendas, and it makes perfect sense.

Funny enough, the ones who seem to be overlooking the global tragedy and endlessly banging on about football to excess are the ones who want to void it. Not because it's the right thing to do either. But because doing so would suit them, and a global catastrophe will be used by them in order to save themselves from their own mediocrity and failure. Basically, it's shameless opportunism on a grotesque level.

I agree with you and Jm55. As far as priorities are concerned, football is very low on the list just now for the overwhelming majority of people. I barely even think of the game itself at the moment, but it's still important to me. As Klopp said, it's the most important of the unimportant things just now. I'm not worried for myself, but I'm very concerned about vulnerable loved ones and vulnerable people in general just now. My anxiety levels are at a constant high, as they are for most other people out there.

Thing is, if this bastard virus was all we focused on then we'd be completely overwhelmed. Because of this, we also need to bring a little light relief into our day too. We need a positive focus outside of all the chaos and madness that is daily life in the current crisis. Viktor E. Frankl survived Auschwitz. He was a Psychiatrist in life before the war. He observed the mentalities and outlooks of those who escaped the 'selection process' and also survived Auschwitz. He found that the ones who used to look forward to all the little things they'd do once they were liberated tended to survive. Those who believed they were doomed, basically sealed their own fate by giving up.

The lesson I take from the above is that even in the face of unspeakable horror, your focus can also wander onto what would, in that situation, be seen as triviality. It's not an either/or situation. In fact, looking forward to positive, better days ahead can be what gets us through the very challenging present. Our daily worries are still very real and very challenging, and we do what we can to deal with them as best as we can, but without an outlet for the stress and anxiety, we'd implode mentally. Some will talk football, others cars, music, art etc... The list of 'trivialities' is endless, but they are important for our mental wellbeing.

Idiots will always delight in constructing a straw man that they can attack. For many, that straw man wears a Liverpool scarf, and is dismissive of the global tragedy unfolding all around him whilst he has nothing to worry over other than lifting a shiny pot. The reality is the straw man doesn't really exist. We are all worried, many are scared, and our priorities are negotiating our way through this horrific pandemic with our health and the health of our loved ones intact. Talking football is just a distraction just now, and acts as a safety valve more than anything else. It helps make some room in our heads for something other than worry and anxiety.

Funny really, I cut the lawn the other day, because it still matters. I marvelled at the night sky with a beautiful crescent moon rising with Venus shining above it. I felt happy after seeing our frog appear in the garden pond for the first time this year just the other night. You see, these things still matter, even if they are not No1 priority in life at the moment. Funny how I'm not getting criticised over that, but if, as a Liverpool fan, I talk about football and the title I'd be criticised for ''focusing on the trivial when we are facing a global crisis.''

When you give up on the little things, what have you got left in life? In dark times, looking forward to better days can get you through. Chances are, 95+% of our day is taken up with getting through this horrible mess. If we manage to distract ourselves for the other 5% then our mental wellbeing will benefit for it.

Let the morons go after the straw man all they want.
This should be stickied. Outstanding.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1662 on: March 28, 2020, 06:27:04 pm »
Christ, there's a bitter Leeds fan in those comments! I know Mancs who want the season to continue so they can go for CL, they're not bothered about us. I just don't get the weird bitterness when people would rather their own club fail just for "banter" purposes on twitter about us. There are some odd people about.

That just sums up Leeds fans in general, they've been out of the Premier league so long that the only way they can try to stay relevant is by 'banter' like this.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 06:29:13 pm by Ratboy3G »
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1664 on: March 28, 2020, 07:09:29 pm »
Exclusive: FA and Premier League planning to complete season behind closed doors in July restart
Exclusive: The Premier League and FA are planning on finishing the season behind closed doors starting in July, with clubs facing legal headaches over player contracts

By Joe Doyle
15:01, 28 MAR 2020 UPDATED 15:35, 28 MAR 2020

The FA, Premier League and English Football League are currently planning to finish the 2019/20 season behind closed doors over a period of four to six weeks starting in July, football.london understands.

All emphasis currently is on finishing the season and therefore avoiding the potential ramifications of an unfinished competition, including hundreds of millions of pounds in lost revenue for clubs.

With the current lockdown period set to end on April 13, clubs will be hoping that the conditions can be relaxed with players able to return to training.

Fixtures are postponed until at least April 30 at the moment, but the expectation is that there will be further postponements, with issues over insurance and player safety likely to stop any matches taking place until the crisis is over.

Those within some of London's Premier League clubs have told football.london they are yet to hear a firm proposal from the governing bodies on what will happen next, but are well aware that nobody knows as of yet when football in the country will be able to restart. All clubs are hoping the game returns sooner rather than later but it must be when the fears over players, staff members and their families' health are gone.

football.london understands that in a conference call between the three governing bodies and the government on Saturday, the plan was reached to complete the season in July, with games to take place behind closed doors over a period of four to six weeks unless the situation worsens in the UK.

This will then take the teams more or less straight into the new season, but there will be some allowances made to try and help players and clubs cope with what would essentially be an extended 2020/21 season.

Those potential measures could include cancelling cup replays, or even potentially scrapping the League Cup and EFL Trophy.

This would also bring up potential problems with players' contracts and incoming transfers, with the likes of Hakim Ziyech already agreeing to join Chelsea on July 1, while Willian and Pedro are set to be out of contract on that date.

However, those concerns are currently of a secondary nature, and would involve input from FIFA, including on when the transfer window is likely to open.

Whether players would be allowed to register for new clubs with a season ongoing remains to be seen, offering the prospect of a potential legal nightmare for a number of players and clubs.

The next Premier League meeting is scheduled to take place on Friday, where clubs could be told about a potential starting date.

https://www.football.london/premier-league/premier-league-coronavirus-closed-doors-18000224

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #1665 on: March 28, 2020, 07:09:59 pm »
Reddit just pointed me to an article saying the Premier league are aiming to re-start the end of the season in July. Its in something called football.london any thoughts on their status?
https://www.football.london/premier-league/premier-league-coronavirus-closed-doors-18000224.amp
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1666 on: March 28, 2020, 07:14:42 pm »
Reddit just pointed me to an article saying the Premier league are aiming to re-start the end of the season in July. Its in something called football.london any thoughts on their status?
https://www.football.london/premier-league/premier-league-coronavirus-closed-doors-18000224.amp

It would be mad to do a season over 6 weeks. Just bunch it into 3-4 weeks.

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1667 on: March 28, 2020, 07:16:24 pm »
It would be mad to do a season over 6 weeks. Just bunch it into 3-4 weeks.
Initially I thought this was a better plan but thinking about it, asking them to play every 3/4 days having not played for 4/5 months is asking for injuries galore.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1668 on: March 28, 2020, 07:20:10 pm »
Initially I thought this was a better plan but thinking about it, asking them to play every 3/4 days having not played for 4/5 months is asking for injuries galore.

If there is no crowd then clearly we are still in this nightmare. Surely its a race against time?

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1669 on: March 28, 2020, 07:21:22 pm »
Interesting that the government were involved in the conference call if true of course.

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1670 on: March 28, 2020, 07:22:29 pm »
If there is no crowd then clearly we are still in this nightmare. Surely its a race against time?
True
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
« Reply #1671 on: March 28, 2020, 07:24:57 pm »
I've accepted the fact now that this current season will not finish.  The speed this has moved at and the additional information we're receiving every day compounding on what we already know leads me to think this will get many times worse than we are mentally equipped for.  We're seeing medics in Madrid condemning the politicians over there for not giving them sufficient resources for desperately needed facilities like respirators so they are having to withdraw treatment for the 0ver 65s and tranquillising them until they die.  What we know about Italy and Spain now will inevitably hit us in the next 2-4 weeks and who knows how bad this is going to get?  Football right now is way down our list of priorities and it might well become a fight for survival.  I'd be very very surprised if every one of us DOESN'T lose a relative in the storm about to hit us full on. 
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1672 on: March 28, 2020, 07:27:05 pm »
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11945/11965081/coronavirus-uefa-president-aleksander-ceferin-says-season-risks-being-lost
By ''European season'' he's almost certainly talking abtout the CL and EL, being as UEFA have very little say, if any, in national leagues. Not that the media make any efforts to emphasise that; they're content for people to misunderstand
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1673 on: March 28, 2020, 07:29:28 pm »
It would not be much different from a really intensive part of the season, such as over Christmas. Or tournament football. Regarding fitness, if this plan ends up being a goer you'd expect teams to have a small pre-season before hand and get the fitness training in.

I've no idea what will happen; but we're a resourceful species. I'm sure something can be sorted out and made to work.

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #1674 on: March 28, 2020, 07:30:23 pm »
Exclusive: FA and Premier League planning to complete season behind closed doors in July restart
How can that happen? If it is unsafe for spectators, how can it be safe for players and staff?

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1675 on: March 28, 2020, 07:31:45 pm »
I've accepted the fact now that this current season will not finish.  The speed this has moved at and the additional information we're receiving every day compounding on what we already know leads me to think this will get many times worse than we are mentally equipped for.  We're seeing medics in Madrid condemning the politicians over there for not giving them sufficient resources for desperately needed facilities like respirators so they are having to withdraw treatment for the 0ver 65s and tranquillising them until they die.  What we know about Italy and Spain now will inevitably hit us in the next 2-4 weeks and who knows how bad this is going to get?  Football right now is way down our list of priorities and it might well become a fight for survival.  I'd be very very surprised if every one of us DOESN'T lose a relative in the storm about to hit us full on.
Good to see you living up to your custom title. You can now sit back and bask in the good that your post has done in the world. The ease and relief it has no doubt brought to people already anxious and fretful and frightened. Top work, fellah.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1676 on: March 28, 2020, 07:32:01 pm »
How can that happen? If it is unsafe for spectators, how can it be safe for players and staff?

Sorry don't follow.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1677 on: March 28, 2020, 07:43:23 pm »
Well hypothetically: For starters, players and staff are not crammed in like sardines into multi-thousand seater stands. The potential viral load would be different.

Steps can be taken to ensure no-one from high-risk groups are involved at all. Ditto no-one who has symptoms. Steps could be taken to minimise contact between players and staff and anyone from outside, and yes, that could mean restricted contact with their families for the duration. No-one need be forced, only those willing to accept these conditions.

Many people are still going to work everyday and coming home to their families. This won't be all that different.

I've got no idea what they might plan to do or how they might make it work, but if they do go ahead, you can bet they'll have worked out a way to do it which will have approval from government and the medical bodies. If they can't get that approval it won't go ahead. Why not wait and see instead of casting a pall of doom and gloom over everything?

Yeh I know I'm getting repetitive.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1678 on: March 28, 2020, 07:43:37 pm »
For Fuck's Sake.

That's helped me feel so much better as I sit here with my 79 year-old Mother.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #1679 on: March 28, 2020, 08:10:18 pm »
It would not be much different from a really intensive part of the season, such as over Christmas. Or tournament football. Regarding fitness, if this plan ends up being a goer you'd expect teams to have a small pre-season before hand and get the fitness training in.

I've no idea what will happen; but we're a resourceful species. I'm sure something can be sorted out and made to work.
Custom title change. Spreads misery quicker than COVID-19.

Fucking hell.

Edit. I've definetley quoted the wrong post
"Salahs in here......"