Author Topic: Winning Title #19*  (Read 1308501 times)

Offline Gerrardinho1981

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Winning Title #19*
« Reply #12400 on: June 29, 2020, 02:41:10 am »
I noticed something today while watching match of the day.  We didn’t play but I watched all the games in the cosiest of moods I ever have. 

Hearing the commentators talk about the teams’ histories, form, when they last won, where they reached,  potential to win etc.  and knowing it was all simply in relation to the fa cup getting a fourth spot or avoiding relegation!  I just realised there is absolutely nothing they can say about us in that respect given our recent successes and for the added fact we are not involved in such trite, no offence, footballing mediocrity or battles.  That feeling alone I realised was priceless.

Oh and I note they’ll also be changing the bs rambling commentary by Martin Tyler on Fifa football series about when we last won etc etc.  Fifa 21 will just refer to us as champions.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #12401 on: June 29, 2020, 04:14:01 am »
Still bouncing!
YWNA

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #12402 on: June 29, 2020, 04:14:28 am »
Not if your opponents are playing in the semi final

Any chance the Chelsea game could be on the Tuesday? I have definitely got that day off work.

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12403 on: June 29, 2020, 04:37:03 am »
Will the Chelsea game even be at Anfield? After the weekend the Evertonian mayor and the police may object to a safety certificate.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12404 on: June 29, 2020, 07:00:44 am »
It'll come. Meanwhile thanks to Souness, Evans, Houllier, Benitez, Kenny and Rodgers for giving it a go. Your endeavours were appreciated.

You missed one out there.

Ronnie Moran was caretaker for a bit.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12405 on: June 29, 2020, 08:31:52 am »
Hey guys, heard we're champions of England.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #12406 on: June 29, 2020, 08:37:58 am »
Any chance the Chelsea game could be on the Tuesday? I have definitely got that day off work.
Ohhhh.................................OK then.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12407 on: June 29, 2020, 08:39:34 am »
Even hangovers feel better as champions

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12408 on: June 29, 2020, 08:40:34 am »

I can still remember reading all the fucking armchair Sky-generation melts on rival forums giving it the:

"There's no way Klopp's going to Liverpool..!!"

...and how it would be "step down" for his career, and that he was nailed on going to Bayern, PSG, Barca, Real, Chelsea....yadda yadda...

My favourite ones of those were Manchester United fans saying that he’d just ruined his chance of becoming an all time great because, they claimed, he didn’t realise that by managing Liverpool he couldn’t then go on to manage them and fulfil his destiny.  The arrogance and hubris.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #12409 on: June 29, 2020, 08:58:07 am »
The best bit about this is that it hits at different times and we have a long time to enjoy being champions

can just be boiling the kettle and the mind can drift to the fact we're champions again and its great
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #12410 on: June 29, 2020, 09:07:23 am »
My main concern now is that the team avoids the 3rd season burnout that has clearly done City over. Klopp's managed fitness and injuries very well, but fatigue is inevitable and transfers will be limited. It's right to be concerned, but it's equally fine to trust that the manager, club and owners have the situation in hand. After all, the got us here. ;D
I think burnout is only part of why they've dropped off, and even burnout is hard to believe with a squad that is so deep and expensive. There's no doubt that sustaining those levels over multiple seasons is hard, but two other factors have also played a part.

Firstly, teams finally started having a go at City after 2 years of rolling over and getting dicked. Kompany left, Laporte got injured, and suddenly they were vulnerable and everyone smelt blood. Their aura had gone, and the midfield and attack that were used to dominating possession suddenly had to track back and help as Fernandinho was no longer there to break up the counter. They were still able to crush teams, but have suffered 8 defeats in 31 games after only losing 4 across the previous 2 seasons. It's the most defeats Guardiola has suffered in a season, and we could make it worse on Thursday.

Secondly - and this is where the burnout might come in, but more a psychological than physical one - they probably weren't expecting us to be able to sustain the levels of last season given our squad depth. When we not only sustained it but went up another level, they collectively shit themselves as they had no more levels left to improve. They are not as mentally strong as us, and that includes the manager who had several rants at officials and the media (and the sky  ;D), which no doubt rubs off on the players. Klopp gets passionate but never makes excuses, never blames anyone, and is always positive and humble in defeat.

If you looks at individual stats, City players all played less games and ran less minutes than us, and were able to rotate far more often. They had a piss easy CL group and easy runs in the domestic cups again so they can't blame that either. Arguably the league wasn't any harder this year either as no-one else (except us) improved significantly over last season - Wolves and Sheffield Utd perhaps, but they simply replaced Spurs and Arsenal...

Whilst there's every chance other teams close that gap next season, there's also every chance they don't. City's core players that helped their success in the last 10 years are fading or leaving, and as this season has shown - when their leaders aren't on the pitch or don't step up, they crumble (sounds familiar...). Their transfer hit rate is nowhere near ours, and despite all the accolades Guardiola receives about his coaching, its worth noting he's spent over £1bn in 12 years. Utd are still turning their perennial corner, and when pundits praise their 14-game unbeaten run (dating back to February, which is basically about a month ago...), its obvious how far they've fallen. Arsenal and Spurs are all over the place, Leicester lack consistency, and Chelsea have a great squad but it remains to be seen whether Lampard knows how to use it properly.

The future is very bright, and if there's a risk of us having burnout then it will be interesting to see how physically and mentally exhausted others will get trying to catch up - especially as the weight of chasing number 19 has now been lifted.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12411 on: June 29, 2020, 09:12:08 am »
Just standing there, then it hits you...premier league champions.

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #12412 on: June 29, 2020, 09:34:44 am »
Will the Chelsea game even be at Anfield? After the weekend the Evertonian mayor and the police may object to a safety certificate.

Has this been said?

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12413 on: June 29, 2020, 09:56:54 am »
Has this been said?
I haven't heard that but when they were talking about restarting Andersen was against it , saying that our fans would congregate at Anfield when we won the League...games were supposed to be on a case by case basis. If we are due to have the Trophy presented against Chelsea then the issue may be brought up again.

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #12414 on: June 29, 2020, 10:16:52 am »
I haven't heard that but when they were talking about restarting Andersen was against it , saying that our fans would congregate at Anfield when we won the League...games were supposed to be on a case by case basis. If we are due to have the Trophy presented against Chelsea then the issue may be brought up again.

Ok thanks. Also fans not allowed into the stadium, so fans can only see the trophy celebrations on the telly at home. But after that is finished fans could go out again. But Klopp has done an open letter today about this in the echo.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12415 on: June 29, 2020, 10:18:37 am »

I don't think so.

Man Utd play the previous Monday. Meaning their PL game has to be Thursday before the semi. Meaning Chelsea v MU FA Cup game has to be the Sunday. Meaning Liverpool v Chelsea will be Wednesday.

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #12416 on: June 29, 2020, 10:26:08 am »
I don't think so.

Man Utd play the previous Monday. Meaning their PL game has to be Thursday before the semi. Meaning Chelsea v MU FA Cup game has to be the Sunday. Meaning Liverpool v Chelsea will be Wednesday.
Ok thanks.

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #12417 on: June 29, 2020, 12:26:27 pm »
My favourite ones of those were Manchester United fans saying that he’d just ruined his chance of becoming an all time great because, they claimed, he didn’t realise that by managing Liverpool he couldn’t then go on to manage them and fulfil his destiny.  The arrogance and hubris.

Ahhh yes, now you mention it...I DO remember that one. It wasn't just his coming to Anfield which grated, but the fact that it would "likely" forever close the door on his supposed destiny to reign supreme at Old Trafford as and when they eventually sorted their shit-show, post Fergus0n manager merry-go-round out.

And let's be brutally honest here, Klopp really would have been a great fit for them in spite of their "Woodward" issues, because he'd have really helped them to paper over a lot of their developing ineptitude "cracks" and would have been a strong enough character to very rapidly create his own little bubble of dogged determination and efficiency on the pitch due to his humility, work ethic and man-management skills.

It's taken a long time for many of our Manchester brethren to develop a working dislike and hatred for Klopp based entirely on the pragmatic demands of the rivalry, but the truth will always remain that he was the guy they MOST coveted, and were not only unable to secure....but he had the gall to go to their bitterest rivals and in so doing....utterly terminate all their future dreams of having him spearhead and prolong their established dynasty.

I suppose it would be tantamount to us "eyeing up" Fergus0n as a worthy Paisley replacement back in the eighties, only to have him go to Old Trafford and take them on as a growth project....instead of coming to us in an attempt to continue our well established dominance.

The thing is though, we were not (as a fan-base) monitoring and coveting Ferguson back then....because Anfield had it's boot room hierarchy which had established a great track record for organic succession. If we'd have known that Kenny's tenure was to have been prematurely cut short by the stress of Hillsborough etc....and that Souness and Evans would fall short, then we'd likely have been eyeing up external candidates just as many of today's fan bases do, but I've drifted heavily into crystal ball and hindsight territory there I suppose.

Suffice to say that in "modern" parlance.....Klopp was the logical fit both Liverpool AND Utd.....who found themselves both in need of a very shrewd external appointment.....

......and I'm just so bloody glad and grateful that we got him and that he came to us!!!

:D
YNWA

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #12418 on: June 29, 2020, 12:36:30 pm »
I don't think so.

Meaning what, exactly?

:P

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #12419 on: June 29, 2020, 12:50:52 pm »
How good does this feel

Playing 7 games at the end of the season that mean so much to at least 3 of the teams and nothing to us

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12420 on: June 29, 2020, 12:55:46 pm »
How good does this feel

Playing 7 games at the end of the season that mean so much to at least 3 of the teams and nothing to us

There’s only really Burnley and Newcastle who’ll have nothing to play for isn’t there? Possibly Brighton as they look safe. Arguably City do as they’ll want to prove a point against us.

5 wins from 7 for 101 points, or 4 wins and 3 draws. Do we think we can get that?

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
« Reply #12421 on: June 29, 2020, 01:05:09 pm »
I'd like to give FSG a lot of credit for number 19 as well.

When they came in they know they were getting a bargain, £300mill for a sleeping giant of world football.  They have made some mistakes for sure, but listened to the fans and held their hands up.  The most important thing they did was give Klopp time to make his mark and progress slowly up in his first couple of seasons building a top class squad for years to come not just a one off title tilt.  Kudos obviously to the manager, team and all the staff but hats off to FSG too.

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #12422 on: June 29, 2020, 01:05:43 pm »
Shoot me down on this if it's bollocks.........but....

...would it be feasible that a "current" squad member......could, might or even wish to....

GIFT Stevie G their Prem medal as a kind of honour, recognition, dedication to his part and service in LFC and it's organic development which culminated in our current success?

In pure "fantasy" PR land, wouldn't it be great if the entire squad gave him ALL their medals in a kind of "It's A Wonderful Life" end scene type scenario....

(you know....the man who has nothing suddenly has everything he could ever wish for....)

.....declaring that "this one" was for him, as well as the fans....and that they're gonna go out and get a couple more titles just to cement the issue and make sure that winner's medals are in good supply for everybody at the club!!

Now this might be bollocks and unpragmatic in this crazy, self-interested world we live in......but man.....what a fucking statement of spirit, character and INTENT this would be!!

You will NEVER walk alone.....

Not even posthumously, once a superb and dedicated playing career is over!!

Off course, one day....Stevie may well come and "manage" LFC to league successes, and maybe that's his ideal destiny, but in the meantime....I can dream!!

YNWA

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12423 on: June 29, 2020, 01:12:17 pm »
What the fuck is wrong with you?  ???

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12424 on: June 29, 2020, 01:15:52 pm »
Why would Gerrard accept that? Would be the most embarrassing thing in history.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12425 on: June 29, 2020, 01:18:28 pm »

...would it be feasible that a "current" squad member......could, might or even wish to....

GIFT Stevie G their Prem medal as a kind of honour, recognition, dedication to his part and service in LFC and it's organic development which culminated in our current success?

In pure "fantasy" PR land, wouldn't it be great if the entire squad gave him ALL their medals in a kind of "It's A Wonderful Life" end scene type scenario....

(you know....the man who has nothing suddenly has everything he could ever wish for....)

.....declaring that "this one" was for him, as well as the fans....and that they're gonna go out and get a couple more titles just to cement the issue and make sure that winner's medals are in good supply for everybody at the club!!

Now this might be bollocks and unpragmatic in this crazy, self-interested world we live in......but man.....what a fucking statement of spirit, character and INTENT this would be!!

Off course, one day....Stevie may well come and "manage" LFC to league successes, and maybe that's his ideal destiny, but in the meantime....I can dream!!

That would be proper shit if that happened.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #12426 on: June 29, 2020, 01:20:00 pm »

Erm no.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #12427 on: June 29, 2020, 01:24:44 pm »

:lmao

Offline Dave D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12428 on: June 29, 2020, 01:25:37 pm »

Absolute genius. It's up there with this gem.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=284323.msg9639451#msg9639451

i have a very efective idea can someone pass it to those in the know. ITK!!!

just before kick off when the cameras are on, the team forms a circle chain chanting very loudly, "NEGRITO! NEGRITO! NEGRITO!

Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

this all ends with a loud "we willl never walk alone!" war cry from all the players1

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12429 on: June 29, 2020, 01:27:55 pm »

No.

Steven Gerrard's legacy at Liverpool isn't, or shouldn't be, defined by the one trophy he didn't win at the club. He doesn't need token gestures, he did too much for Liverpool to have so much emphasis placed on him not winning the Premier League.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #12430 on: June 29, 2020, 01:30:35 pm »

that’s got to be one of the worst/maddest things I’ve read on here through all this :lmao

You know who should be getting all the medals? This actual team and staff we have now that gave us this amazing season and win us the league :P

Offline jlb

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12431 on: June 29, 2020, 01:31:31 pm »
I don't think so.

Or even Thursday, since the last round of games is scheduled for the following Sunday.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #12432 on: June 29, 2020, 01:36:07 pm »
that’s got to be one of the worst/maddest things I’ve read on here through all this :lmao

You know who should be getting all the medals? This actual team and staff we have now that gave us this amazing season and win us the league :P

It'd certainly put John Terry's full kit wanker charade in the shade wouldn't it.

Possibly the maddest post on RAWk.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12433 on: June 29, 2020, 01:38:17 pm »
Why the f**k are so many people wanting Stevie to get a medal?

He will be absolutely buzzing that we're Champions and the character of the man would absolutely hate the "pity" everyone's showing towards him.  His personal pride would NEVER want that kind of charity.

He is, was and always will be one of our greatest ever players.  He won his fair share of trophies and of course he would have loved to be part of this team but he isn't and he will be perfectly fine with missing out.

It's sport, shit happens, it's normal.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #12434 on: June 29, 2020, 01:46:14 pm »
Shoot me down on this if it's bollocks.
Shoots down
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12435 on: June 29, 2020, 01:48:19 pm »
This infatuation with Gerrard getting a medal is absolutely mental

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #12436 on: June 29, 2020, 01:48:42 pm »
this is fucking embarrassing ;D :butt

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12437 on: June 29, 2020, 01:50:41 pm »
This infatuation with Gerrard getting a medal is absolutely mental

There isn’t one really, it’s just a troll.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #12438 on: June 29, 2020, 01:52:24 pm »
There isn’t one really, it’s just a troll.

there’s 2 people who’ve gone on about it, so yeah, there is thankfully, no infatuation with it  ;D It’s just that really bonkers posts do get the reactions, we all know that!

Offline Dave D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12439 on: June 29, 2020, 02:07:23 pm »
As mad as it is, there is always one "journalist" that will pick it up.

'Liverpool fans demand Steven Gerrard is given a winners medal'

'Liverpool fans want Steven Gerrard to be the first to lift the premier league trophy'

'Has Steven Gerrard just become the new Liverpool manager?, it's what the fans wanted'